• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 29, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Haha pvp is awesome

    Dark Souls 2 Haha pvp is awesome


    Haha pvp is awesome

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 06:03 AM PDT

    How I almost quit ds2 and why I'm an idiot

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    The first bit of the game definitely seemed harder than any fromsoft game I have played before, I have 100% bloodborne and had just beat the first one so I thought I was ready, but I did not take into account the cruelness of this game and my own stupidity. I wanted to go into this game totally blind because I had looked up a lot of tips and item locations in the last game, bad idea. By the time I hit 16 hours into the game I had just beat pursuer by using the ballistas and was about to quit. Que looking up why this game was so fucking hard. Come to realize there is a little covenant I had no idea about that I had joined as soon as I got to Majula, you guessed it, champions. I wanted to huck myself and my PlayStation out of a window at that point. I found the talking cat and got things set straight. I just beat royal rat authority last night, praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/echmoba17
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Dark Souls 2 + DLC's

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    I have gotten the 4 crowns and have been blessed by King Vendrick so I guess it's over then... man I didn't want this game to end, it was such a beautiful ride. The game itself was great but the DLC's just pushed it to another level especially the second one which has 2 of the best boss battles I have encounted so far in my dark souls journey. Some of my favourtie areas in the game are Dragon Aerie, Drangliec Castle, Eleum Loyce and Majula, the soundtrack already feels nostalgic. Fuck Iron Keep, Shrine of Amana (beautiful but cruel) and Frigid Outskirts though.

    Now onto DS 3.

    submitted by /u/H-A-K1
    [link] [comments]

    Just fought Elana...

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    Second playthrough, and Velstadt got summoned FOUR TIMES, I won against all odds, but he really should only be able to be summoned once.

    submitted by /u/Rafi_26_01
    [link] [comments]

    Twelve hours into DS2, only ever put six hours into it.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:55 AM PDT

    I played DS2 a while back and quit after getting to some forest area I've yet to come across yet. I just remember an invader NPC kept pushing my shit in.

    Picked it back up yesterday and already have 12 hours in. Just beat the Old Dragonslayer and the Lost Sinner(my god it was fucking ridiculous fighting in the dark). But I'm loving the game again. Playing loads of DS3 has really helped out but man DS2 is on another level of difficulty.

    I must beat the game before Elden Ring!

    submitted by /u/MagDandies
    [link] [comments]

    To the person who summoned me for the Pursuer and ended up killing me when I lined him up for the ballista shot

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    That was probably the funniest shit I've ever had happen to me in a Dark Souls game. I had been struggling with the start of DS2 all day and that happening just made me laugh so hard and take a more chill approach to the game instead of being frustrated.

    What was even funnier it was right after we killed him too. He got shot with the ballista and died, I didn't move, then I got hit (I didn't think it would hit me for some reason).

    submitted by /u/SaidTheEmu
    [link] [comments]

    People have been showing off their Character Creator skills. Here are some of my characters

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    It’s been a fun ride, I’ve completely platted the entire series. I really couldn’t have done it without the people of this community.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    I JUST SOLO'D LUD AND ZALLEN!!!!

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    NO MORE BLINDING WHITE SNOW! NO MORE ELECTRIC HORSES!!! NO MORE 10 MINUTE RUN UP!!! IM FREEEEEEE

    I'm so happy it's over holyyyyy molllyyyyyy

    submitted by /u/bnzng
    [link] [comments]

    Finally finished Dark Souls 2! Took me a while but now I’ve completed all the DS + Bloodborne & Sekiro!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    Unpopular opinion

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    So, I consider myself a fuckin weirdo cuz dks2 is my favorite souls game. And I think that the best boss in the game is not Sir Alonne, Fume Knight, Demon of Song. It's ACKCHULLY the Dark Lurker, here's why. So dark lurker has like a million attacks and it's fun to learn the attacks and beat him. And it's definitely the only more-than-one boss that was done right. But fuck the torch lighting shit, fuck it.

    submitted by /u/BigPastyBodonkadonk
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls and Gender

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    This post is /technically/ about Dark Souls as a whole and not just DS2, but I'm posting it here because

    A: DS2 has the strongest motifs of gender, especially related to women.

    B: I feel like you guys are the nicest and I'm less likely to be called a liberal cuck for mentioning the G-word. No politics here ya'll just fun video game talk, I'm begging you.

    Anyways,

    I've been thinking a lot about how gender effects and plays into DS lore. To me it seems like a common motif that is used over and over again to really highlight the actual main focus of the series, which is refusing to move on and let go of the past.

    We can see this first and most clearly in Gwyndolin. Gwyndolin was born with moon magic, which was seen as a female trait, so Gwyn forced him to be female. We can assume since he addressed himself as male as well as the in-game text that he probably didn't enjoy that. However it does a good job in showing how Gwyn refuses to let go of the past. Just like he wants Lordran to remain eternal and unchanging, his values and his ideas on gender remain stagnant. There are many other examples of gender being used as a story telling tool in DS 1&3, such as all of Seaths creations being female, all the firekeepers being female, The Witch only having one son, the fact the two princes look very feminine, ect ect.

    However in DS2 it is beyond prevalent. The entire game (spoilers) centers around Manus' soul taking the form of women to seduce kings into doing their bidding. We can assume it did this because as we see many times in the game, women, especially those who dress all nice and pretty, aren't typically seen as dangerous.

    We're introduced to Lucatiel, who wears a mask that resembles a man in order to be taken seriously, and the lost sinner also isn't very recognizable as a women, also fully covering her 'feminine' features. Both present more masculine, and both want to be seen as dangerous.

    While you also have the opposite, girls who wear very feminine clothes and do so to make you think they aren't dangerous. All the queens, and Licia, want you to think they're dainty innocent women but are actually manipulative and deceitful.

    We also have another feminine-appearing male, the Throne Defender, which appears to be a female nun until you read the soul item description. He even has fake boobs on his armour.

    Other examples of gender for story telling in DS2 off the top of my head would be the Ruin Sentinels appearing feminine despite being genderless, Najka tricking you into thinking shes a beautiful women (like the queens did to the kings), ect.

    There's also something to be said in the fact that creatures that don't look feminine, like the Butcher, are still labeled female. They didn't need to give them a gender at all, but the fact they did seems like they're purposely trying to subvert our expectations.

    Anyhow, I just wanted to get all these thoughts out and maybe start a discussion. I think the way DS uses gender for story telling is very interesting and neat. Love this game!

    Edit: I forgot the gosh darn gender changing coffin

    submitted by /u/Appearingthreatening
    [link] [comments]

    Hot off Ds1, any tips for ds2?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    I loved everything about ds1, except that bed. Any big things I should know about ds2 before starting it?

    submitted by /u/putter7_
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    I just beat Dark Souls 2 shield only! Sitting through the credits! Awaiting my in game time. I used full tseldora armour and had a +10 Tower Shield. Great challenge. Fun actually.

    I did use NPC phantom summons. But ONLY NPCs. Otherwose it would have been easy. I might do more challenge runs in the future.

    Edit 1: 8:56:39 was my in game time.

    submitted by /u/Dyn_Lax
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 SotFS PC Sale

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:37 AM PDT

    Just for your information, IndieGala is selling DS:R for PC at less than 19$, DS2 SotFS at less than 9$ and DS3 Deluxe at less than 19$.

    submitted by /u/omega_86
    [link] [comments]

    After despawning half of Shaded Ruins, I finally beat the Darklurker!

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    I finally beat the Darklurker today! I am usually a physical build guy, so this boss was one of the hardest of the game (so far) for me, specially going solo. I despawned a lot of enemies in Shaded Ruins, and even all the phantoms IN the Dark Chasm of Old (which I didn't even think was possible). Almost went hollow there, but if I could do it, so can you! Don't give up skeleton!

    submitted by /u/OriginalName574
    [link] [comments]

    Someone earlier said it was impossible to create a pretty face in DS2. I disagree.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 07:31 AM PDT

    Granted, this turned out a bit more 'anime' than real life, but it's the best I've ever been able to do in any of the souls games except MAYBE Bloodborne.

    Video includes sliders. Although good luck following it. I tried to keep it slow, but I still jump around between categories quite a bit.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOEiXa1cRvo

    https://preview.redd.it/i71lkpcqh4w61.png?width=1304&format=png&auto=webp&s=abc9da1f7fe68ac7167baf5e9b0384f11e523c30

    submitted by /u/SirCowdog
    [link] [comments]

    I hope it works...

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    I have a question.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 08:20 AM PDT

    Is there any mod that can help me keep my human appearance? I don't care Hollow or something. I just want to keep my human appearance. I spent more than half an hour on character customization to create an ideal hot chick.

    submitted by /u/Drake-Draconic
    [link] [comments]

    Get Dragonslayer Spear without Ornifex?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    So I was playing ds2 and went to shaded woods to unlock ornifex when I got jumped by some frogs in her room. I faced the frogs and killed them but somehow that one shot ornifex even though she was behind me. Now that she's dead is there anyway to get her back, if not is there any way to still get the Dragonslayer spear? Was really looking forward to having it as a dev/faith build. :/

    submitted by /u/SaxySaxophoneMan
    [link] [comments]

    Landscapes around Eleum Loyce and Brume Tower

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    Have these ever been explored further? I know they're empty, but I think they're pretty nonetheless and I'm curious if there are "boundary breaking" videos of that.

    submitted by /u/AcheronSpike
    [link] [comments]

    Majestic Pyromancer

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    My "Sacred Dragon" build

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    Here's my thematic build, the "Sacred Dragon" build, Quality/Faith

    https://soulsplanner.com/darksouls2/14165

    submitted by /u/Ok_Dragonfruit_8925
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment