• Breaking News

    Friday, April 9, 2021

    Dark Souls Wow 😲 Anor Londo

    Dark Souls Wow �� Anor Londo


    Wow �� Anor Londo

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    My first ever playthrough with DS1. Just got to Anor Londo and after all the dark and dingy dungeons and castles, this place is a breath of fresh air. Anyway, I'm Soul Level 55 and using the + 3 Lightning spear after finding it in Sens. But have a +10 Scimitar as my main. Am I ready for you know who lol? Levelled up End, Vit and Dex btw

    submitted by /u/PeterPablo85
    [link] [comments]

    Pain. Pure pain.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    didnt know you were supposed to open the Lost Izalith shortcut before talking to Solaire :(

    submitted by /u/DABONEM362
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going hollow so i drew some Dark Soul arts

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/t087oIm

    (these ones were deleted on r/Eldenring, so you get them)

    submitted by /u/Luanciel
    [link] [comments]

    First time player quick orgasm

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    After many many hours and some sweat, I can now proudly say that Ornstein and Smough are no more. I put the beatdown on those fools and got to see the greatest chest in the world. 10/10 would play again

    submitted by /u/Mangonion
    [link] [comments]

    How do level weapon to lightning variant if you've given large ember to Undead Parish Blacksmith

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:42 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Just wondering if there is another way to change the variant of your weapon to lightning even if you've already given the large ember to Astoria (I think that's his name) the Undead Parish Blacksmith. Or have I mixed up embers or alike. Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/Eqwatherto
    [link] [comments]

    IMHO it's complete horse shit that enemies can attack through level geometry and your own attacks bounce off.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    Sometimes even magic projectiles will go through walls or whatever, it's bullshit.

    EDIT: I don't understand why people are assuming it's my first time playing.

    submitted by /u/Forgot7en
    [link] [comments]

    I did it! I beat Dark Souls 1!

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm just here to thank so much you guys! During my run I had a lot of questions and doubts and every time I posted here I got help so thank you so much! And man I freaking loved this game!I did the "good" ending, I finished in 80h, lvl 98 and with a strenght build and was so good to play this! It is my first run and thank god I didn't have done any shit decision (except our big Solaire that I didn't killed that bugs and you guys know what happend) I had so many fun with this game,now I'll take a little rest about Souls and later I'll came back and play the Dark Souls 2! And maybe do all achievments on DS1.... But yeah I'm so proud of me taht I finished this game! Thanks by the support on this run and don't go hollow out there!

    submitted by /u/BattierTub97
    [link] [comments]

    Golden enemies in Tomb of the giants

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:56 PM PDT

    I'm on my first NG+ run in Dark Souls, I have progressed to Anor Londo, got the Lordvessel and wanted to start killing the boss in the tomb of the giants but there are these golden skeleton dogs which I've never seen before and doing my little research online also couldn't find anything related to it. Why did they spawn? Is this NG+ stuff or did I accidentaly progress a story line and they spawn now until I finish?

    EDIT: The enemies aren't gold but instead a red invasion colour because I got cursed from the gravelord covenant. Thanks people in the comments. I rushed through the area, killed the boss so I have to never go back there again for the rest of the playthrough

    submitted by /u/t2906x
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY beat O&S in my SL1 run!!

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf65wzJP2vo&list=PL1xEeaSr6BvWUTavdYp34WG68pqup9An_&index=3

    I know, I know, it's onebros stuff you'll say. But I wanted to share it here too cuz it feels too good!!

    I started my first SL1 run ever 3 days ago. Bell Gargoyles? Ez. Queelag? Please. Iron Golem? Too slow. But O&S? Fuck my life, after 5 hours of trying (and like 100 deaths) I was about to give up. Uninstall the game. Become hollow. I also was so tempted to just summon Solaire and fuck it, but my policy is no summon for this run... so I kept marching towards my inevitable death, alone, until I finally changed my destiny. I fucking love this game, I fucking love/hate O&S, this was epic. And yes... I know there's people that are able to pull this off in one try, I've seen videos of people doing SL1/0 hits run etc on the spot, so certainly I still need to git more gud. But I think this is a nice step forward, don't you?

    P.S. I know most of people would suggest to take down Ornstein first, but for me phase 1 is a living hell, so decided to change strategy and end that one as soon as possible. Super Ornstein ain't really that bad when you learn his patterns. If anyone is wondering, I was using +5 Blacksmith Giant Hammer (I know... I'm a monster... please understand me) and Red Tearstone Ring.

    submitted by /u/L1onhear7
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Sinner

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    Any tips for lost sinner to help beat her

    submitted by /u/ty13r51bb0
    [link] [comments]

    51 hits...

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:27 AM PDT

    Trying for an all-bosses SL1 Run, got to Manus. Light attack with Blacksmith Giant Hammer +5 deals 131 of his 6,665 hp. It literally took me 5 tries to get one hit so I could see how much it did, and now I need 50 more? I think I might be about to go hollow friends...
    https://imgur.com/a/gE10WXs

    submitted by /u/tayzzerlordling
    [link] [comments]

    I just discovered something crazy.....

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    On top of Sen's Fortress, when the giant throws rock balls at you. you can actually use the Wrath of the Gods miracle to deflect the rock and laugh it at another direction. like, the rock would bounce off you and not hurting you in the slightest.

    submitted by /u/SvenRock123
    [link] [comments]

    How do you control your anger and emotions when you feel like raging in dark souls ?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:45 PM PDT

    The souls series is know for making players rage, there are hundreds of rage compilations on YouTube, showcasing hundreds of grown ass men crying, screaming, smashing, throwing a fit and even worse, having a silent mental breakdown, which is the worse of them all since what ur trying to do is tame in your emotions through silence but it ultimately leads to provoking you to rage even more. Honestly these games just feel like tests ands trials, not fun, not that it's a bad thing, the games being hard is supposed to help you become a better gamer but how are you supposed to tame your emotions and ego ?

    submitted by /u/Hadouken_Dazs
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know why or how, but I'm having like 5x more difficulty with DS1 than with the rest of SoulsBorne.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:50 AM PDT

    I'm a souls veteran who hasn't played any of the games in four years after switching to a low spec PC. I finally upgraded to something good, so I've gotten into Sekiro and DS 1, 2, and 3. I've also revisited Bloodborne. I've been breezing through Bloodborne and DS2 without dying much at all, parrying everything easily. I'm not done with Sekiro yet, and DS3 is downloading right now since it and DS2 are on sale 75% off right now on Steam.

    I remember Dark Souls being hard when I played it like 7 years ago, but not as hard as it is right now for me. Most of the other souls have been fairly easy nostalgia trips, but it just took me like 2.5 hours of frustrated playtime spread over a week just to get across Undead Burg and kick down the ladder shortcut. I'm not sure what I'm exactly doing wrong, but it's been a hard adjustment. Especially to the parrying. At least I can rely on the ye' old backstab fishing for now.

    submitted by /u/HarleeWrites
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Ornstein and Smough second try

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:29 AM PDT

    The first one I killed the little guy first since he seemed like the greater threat with his speed, but then the big guy got amped up and got me. Tried the reverse this time and killEd the big guy first, but then the little guy got big and regained all his health. He started mess me up with that attack where he puts the spear in the ground then attacks from underneath. I burned through all my estus but he still had 3/4 health, but I was able to heal with humanity. I didn't have it equipped though, and since there's no pause I had to run away and search through inventory as he was attacking me. I then found a really good combo with my halberd where I would do a running attack between his legs followed by r2 spin to win and rolling away. I was able to time it where I could avoid damage most of the time. I was able to kill him with barely any health remaining.

    I loved this fight. Very exciting and cinematic with mid-fight cutscene. Reminds me of the great Ludwig fight in Bloodborne. I will be putting my white soapstone sign for the next few days to fight it again if anyone wants to summon me.

    submitted by /u/MoonlitBadlands
    [link] [comments]

    Worked on the remainder of the iron sections of the armor Solaire of Astora wears. With the leg guards, bracers, and helmet complete, time to move on to the tabard! ☀️

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    I'm on NG+6. (To my understanding, the hardest NG difficulty) I just 2-shoted the Asylum Demon. I just kinda wanna talk about my time in NG+ and beyond. Also, discuss weapon choice.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    I tried doing NG+ many years ago, and after failing pretty hard I got the notion that NG+ was for the serious people. The speed runners, etc. I think the reality was that I just hadn't prepared well for the run. Or maybe I've just gotten a lot better; I *have* done many challenge runs and playthroughs, and can generally do a new-game in about four hours. (still haven't done a proper no-death run. Always mess up on Gwyn, or take a fall in Anor Londo)

    In the end, I think the biggest difference between this any my previous attempt is my weapon choice. For NG runs, I almost invariably go for a weapon I can run and pick up as soon as I reach Firelink; Usually Gravelord Sword, Great Club, or Dragon Greatsword. These weapons are pretty heavy hitters and will take me all the way through to Gwyn with little trouble, but the damage is generally not good enough in NG+ and beyond.

    So this time I did some research and made what I now realize was *another* bad decision. I went around at end-game and collected the best elemental damage weapons in the game, made a spreadsheet of boss weaknesses, and decided to match weapons to the bosses they were strong against.

    This DID actually work for my first NG+ run, but by the end of the run it became clear that none of them were doing the gangbusters damage I expected. So I went back to the drawing board and learned a striking fact: EMENENTAL WEAPONS SUCK. Like, all of them. This is because while some enemies are weak to elements, when you use an elemental damage weapon, the game is calculating two different damage types; You're physical damage and your elemental damage, and it compares each of them to your opponent's respective resistances. What this means is that BOSSES RESIST WEAPON DAMMAGE TWICE! This is why the damage they do is always so lackluster, even against bosses who are weak against them.

    In the end, the best weapons in the game will invariably be late-game physical-damage only weapons, with good stat-scaling for high Strength or Dex builds. (pick one)

    So I did a little more research, and found that a lot of players are swearing by the Black Knight Weapons, (I mean, there's a reason speed runners go with the Halberd) and that of these weapons, the Axe does the most damage. So I pick up the axe on my way to kill Gwyn for the second time, though I didn't quite have the Strength to 2-hand it yet.

    Guys. Friends. Internet persons. That Axe's 2-handed R1 swipe. It's a thing of beauty. I don't even need to go for the follow up. It's faster than the 1-hand attack, AND faster than it's own follow-up. It rarely gets caught on scenery, and maybe I only say this because I'm so used to heavy weapons but it doesn't even FEEL like a heavy weapon. It's SO fast.

    So, it's about 30 hours of gameplay latter, and I've got 6 Rings of Favor and Protection, 60Vit, 60Str, 50End, and 30 Resistance. I'm not sure I should even bother leveling up anymore. The loop starts, I pop one of my two Power's Within, walk in to the Arena, position myself under where the Asylum Demon drops, and Just hit my ultra-slow fuck-off R2 shot. I don't even see the Boss's HP bar yet when I round back and go for the second R2, completely depleting my stamina. As the bosses HP bar appears, I realize that it's BELOW half, and he's dead before his first attack.

    This is a freaking god weapon, and the Four Kings may be a struggle, but I know I'll get them.

    So...thanks for reading, if you did. What's your favorite weapon?

    submitted by /u/LauraTFem
    [link] [comments]

    What was the last time DS1 Remastered went on sale?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    I've been waiting for a sale for some months now

    submitted by /u/DragoniVex
    [link] [comments]

    Uh, dex advice/culture

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    What's a good dex build? And what's a good dex weapon And I'm not using the uchi or any katanas. I just want to know what's a weapon that would get you through the game? Also dex is life and culture.

    submitted by /u/filthycashe
    [link] [comments]

    Darks Souls PTDE or Remastered?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    I have the Dark Souls PTDE which I bought many years ago, and I remember having many issues with it.

    I want to try and get back into the series sometime, and I see the sale on Steam at the moment.

    So, as it states in my title, should I just stick with the PTDE or get the remastered.

    (Btw, I suck at installing mods...it stresses me out too much)

    submitted by /u/SirCMRaven
    [link] [comments]

    Please can someone explain how darkwraith covenant works because on wikipedia it saidthat dark hand gives 10 humanity when max in covenant but when i use it but when i use it on someone.have i not given enough humanity or does it mean i can get that amount from someone in total

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:09 PM PDT

    When i use it on someone it only gives one*

    submitted by /u/hunPUMrum568
    [link] [comments]

    Starting the Dark Souls series

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:51 PM PDT

    I just wanted to ask on this subreddit. Is it worth starting the dark souls series if you start from dark souls 3 I am asking because their is a steam sale going on for the series but only ds2 and 3 are on sale not ds2. I'm deciding not to start with ds2 because I've heard while it's good it's the weakest out of the trilogy. Any advice would be helpful thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Aggressive-Ad6516
    [link] [comments]

    The Four Kings

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    So I have been having trouble fighting the four kings of New Londo. If I fail to take down one king within the span of 45 seconds because it spams its AOE charge blast a lot, another one appears and uses its homing magic projectile which is quite annoying. Can you guys give any advice on how to effectively deal with them?

    submitted by /u/SickSixSenses
    [link] [comments]

    A direct translation and analysis of the Japanese subtitles in the opening cinematic

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    If you find this interesting, see my post on r/Eldenring regarding the subtitles in the ER trailer: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/mfp2t3/a_literal_translation_and_commentary_of_the_elden/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

    Prologue video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lmEqpgg3B4

    Video of prologue featuring Japanese subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXsWPJT_uIc

    Referenced Vaati video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McXJj7sjcZ0

    English voice-over: In the Age of Ancients the world was unformed, shrouded by fog.

    Japanese subtitles: 古い時代 世界はまだ分かたれず、霧に覆われ

    Romaji: furui jidai sekai wa mada wakatarezu, kiri ni ooware

    Japanese literal translation: old/ancient period - world still undistinguished/undivided, covered by fog

    Comments:

    1. "Ancients" is an interesting choice here, as the Japanese simply says "old/ancient". The English gives ownership of this age to "ancients", even though there's barely anything we'd call alive to own it. The Japanese makes more sense: "ancient age". But "age of ancients" sounds cool as heck.
    2. Another nuance is founded in "unformed". The English verb focuses on the "creation" of a world, as we know it I suppose. Whereas the Japanese uses the verb "divided/divisible", focusing on the age of ancients being a place where everything is the same basically. Everything is grey. Nothing moves. In this sense is it "undivided" or maybe better to say "indiscrete". A bit more philosophically interesting to me. Relates to the university in that life as we know it is made of moving particles. As the universe expands those particles move less, and there will be less life and it will become indiscrete just like the age of ancients.

    English voice-over: A land of gray crags, Archtrees and Everlasting Dragons.

    Japanese subtitles: 灰色の岩と大樹と、朽ちぬ古竜ばかりがあった

    Japanese romaji: haiiro no iwa to taiju to, kuchinu koryuu bakari ga atta

    Japanese literal translation: There was only grey crags, giant trees, and ancient dragons that did not rot/decay

    Comments:

    1. Most of the changes are simply the translation team deciding on cool names for these elements. It's interesting that the name is chosen based on sometimes a more bland name in Japanese (e.g. ancient dragon), but then we take the english name as lore and read into what it could mean.
    2. The literal Japanese "dragons that do not decay" seems more faithful to the visuals, where we see these stone-dragons. They are "everlasting" because they appear to be made of stone and do not move. But the Japanese description makes them seem more like the inanimate object it would make sense for them to be in a world without movement or differentiation.

    English voice-over: But then there was Fire

    Japanese subtitles: だが、いつかはじめての火がおこり

    Japanese romaji: da ga, itsuka hajimete no hi ga okori

    Japanese literal translation: but, at some point the first fire occurred

    Comments:

    1. Of course "first fire" appears to be the "First Flame", so we are introduced to this concept a bit earlier in the Japanese. Whereas the English more obliquely refers to it at this point as just "Fire". The Japanese is probably more lore-accurate as it would seem that it wasn't that the element of "fire" just became introduced to the world, but that this "first flame" as an object erupted. We know it as a sort of individual thing/location from the game.

    English voice-over: and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark.

    Japanese subtitles: 火と共に差異がもたらされた

    熱と冷たさと、生と死と、そして光と闇と

    Japanese romaji: hi to tomoni sai ga motarasareta. netsu to tsumetasa to, sei to shi to, soshite hikari to yami to

    Japanese literal translation: along with fire was brought difference/disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and light and dark/darkness

    Comments:

    1. I hate how the VO doesn't audibly pronounce the 'k' in 'dark' - just a long term peeve of mine!
    2. The "disparity" line makes more sense in Japanese since it already introduced the concept of indiscreetness, while the English only said "unformed".
    3. The English completely adds "of course" whereas the Japanese just says "and". MAYBE this is to line up better with the visuals. As she says "light and darhhh" the camera pans into the pit (presumably showing the first flame). It's a dramatic scene and maybe they wanted the final English to reflect this better.

    English voice-over: Then from the dark, They came, and found the Souls of Lords within the flame.

    Japanese subtitles: そして、闇より生まれた幾匹かが

    火に惹かれ、王のソウルを見出した

    Japanese romaji: soshite, yami yori umareta ikuhikika ga hi ni hikare, ou no souru wo midashita

    Japanese literal translation: then, some creatures, born from the darkness, were attracted to the fire, and found the soul of the lord

    Comments:

    1. Another slightly odd change in the English here. "Within the flame" is an imposition of the English. It adds information not in the Japanese. The English also omits "attracted by the flame". But none of this is mutually exclusive, it all makes sense and describes the same scene. Vaati also describes this scene as the undead being "attracted" to the flame, but then describes the lords as having "only known darkness before coming upon it" ('Dark Souls Lore ► Explained!'). But the Japanese literally says these creatures (the undead, or the pygmies) were "born from the dark".
    2. The Japanese tells us extra details about these "they". I like the "they" since the Japanese is equally mysterious. It says "ikuhiki" which I've struggled to fully grasp the concrete meaning of, but it perhaps means something like "creatures". The English "they" comes across a bit menacing, which fits the zombie undead we see in the visual, whereas the Japanese is maybe a bit more tender.

    English voice-over: Nito, the First of the Dead, The Witch of Izalith and her Daughters of Chaos, Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights.

    Japanese subtitles: 最初の死者、ニト

    イザリスの魔女と、混沌の娘たち

    太陽の光の王グウィンと、彼の騎士たち

    Japanese romaji: saisho no shisha, nito. izarisu no majo to, konton no musumetachi. taiyou no hikari no ou guuin to, kare no kishitachi.

    Japanese literal translation: The first dead, nito. The Izalith witch and the daughters of chaos. Lord Gwyn of the sun's light, and his knights.

    Comments:

    1. Strictly speaking, the Japanese only refers to the Daughters of Chaos as such, and doesn't use the possessive "her". I'm pretty sure somewhere the lore makes it clear that they are her daughters, but the Japanese here does not make that explicit. Note that in the next line Gwyn's knights are stated as being "his" ("kare no"). This might just be because "him and the knights" isn't clear that the knights are his, while "woman and daughters" is clearer.
    2. The English adds "faithful" to knights. I have no idea why. The Japanese "kishi" is broadly translated to "knight", which could refer to a "mounted samurai" or a European knight. Maybe the translators just felt "and his knights" felt a bit lame and wanted to spruce it up a bit.

    English voice-over: And the Furtive Pygmy, so easily forgotten

    Japanese subtitles: そして、誰も知らぬ小人

    Japanese romaji: soshite, daremo shiranu shounin

    Japanese literal translation: And the little people/dwarfs that no one knows/knew

    Comments:

    1. I left this bit to be its own section because I know it's been the subject of scrutiny. But, we're told next to nothing by the Japanese. The little creature(s) is mysterious, people don't really know who it/they are. The English greatly expands on the Japanese, maybe just to make the line more impactful, without really meaning to offer more lore. But "Furtive" is such a specific description, not provided by the Japanese, that it makes me think this was offered to the translators by the Japanese writers. "so easily forgotten" seems to be a weirdly impactful extra not available to a player who could only read the Japanese subtitles.
    2. On reflection, I think it was only back in the day (i.e. before the Ringed City) that there was speculation about the pygmies. We wondered about whether there was only one or many, whether Manus was the pygmy etc. This seems to have been put to rest now.

    English voice-over: With the strength of Lords, they challenged the Dragons.

    Japanese subtitles: それらは王の力を得、古竜に戦いを挑んだ

    Japanese romaji: soreta wa ou no chikara wo e, koryuu ni atatai wo tatakai wo idonda

    Japanese literal translation: They acquired the power of lords, and challenged the ancient dragons.

    Comments:

    1. Not much comment here, just that the Japanese is more explicit that these "creatures" gained powers through the "lord souls" found in the flames. Makes me reflect that they are not inherently lords, but became so due to the finding of these souls. It's interesting that the writers chose to add this additional element of "souls" rather than have it be more simple like, have the creatures take parts of the flame for themselves.

    English voice-over: Gwyn's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales. The Witches weaved great firestorms. Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease.

    Japanese subtitles: グウィンの雷が、岩のウロコを貫き

    魔女の炎は嵐となり

    死の瘴気がニトによって解き放たれた

    Japanese romaji: guuin no kaminari ga iwa no uroko wo tsuranuki. majo no honoo wa arashi to nari. shi no shouki ga nito ni yotte tokihanatareta.

    Japanese literal translation: Gwyn's lightning pierced scales of rock. Witch's flame became storm. Miasma of death was released by Nito.

    Comments:

    1. No juicy lore here really. The English just jazzes up the Japanese which is a bit more matter-of-fact. "Weaved great firestorms" is a big leap from the Japanese, but sounds great and matches what we see in the visuals.

    English voice-over: And Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own, and the Dragons were no more.

    Japanese subtitles: そして、ウロコのない白竜、シースの裏切りにより、遂に古竜は敗れた

    Japanese romaji: soshite, uroko no nai hakuryuu, shi-fu no uragiri ni yori, tsuini koryuu wa yabureta

    Japanese literal translation: And, due to the betrayal of Seath, the white dragon with no scales, the ancient dragons were finally defeated.

    Comments:

    1. I get a lot of nerd joy from this line! There has been a lot of criticism of Dark Souls "dragons" (and similar) since they keep appearing despite the English in this cinematic saying they were "no more". But this is a strictly inaccurate translation of the Japanese which clearly says "were defeated", meaning, they lost this particular battle with the lords. The cinematic nor the Japanese implies in any way that every single one of them (besides Seath) disappeared, like they went extinct or something. No further comment, your honour!

    English voice-over: Thus began the Age of Fire. But soon the flames will fade and only Dark will remain.

    Japanese subtitles: 火の時代のはじまりだ. だが、やがて火は消え、暗闇だけが残る

    Japanese romaji: hi no jidai no hajimari da. da ga, yagate hi wa kie, kurayami dake ga nokoru.

    Japanese literal translation: This is the beginning of the age of fire. But, soon the fire will go out, and only dark will remain.

    Comments:

    1. Interestingly, when referring to the "dark" that comes after the flame fades, the word "kurayami" is used, in contrast to just "yami" from before. This makes me think that the "dark" that the lords/creatures came from is a more literal dark, in that it was just dark before the flame (in the age of ancients). Whereas "THE dark" is the specific age of dark which comes after the age of fire.

    English voice-over: Even now there are only embers, and man sees not light, but only endless nights. And amongst the living are seen, carriers of the accursed Darksign.

    Japanese subtitles: 今や、火はまさに消えかけ

    人の世には届かず、夜ばかりが続き

    人の中に、呪われたダークリングが現れはじめていた…

    Japanese romaji: ima ya, hi wa masani kiekake. hito no yo niwa todokazu, yoru bakari ga tsuduki. hito no naka ni, noroware hajimeteita...

    Japanese literal translation: Right now, the fire is about to go out. Only night occurs/lasts in the world of man, without light reaching. Among people, the accursed dark ring is beginning to be seen.

    Comments:

    1. The Japanese verb is literally "was/is beginning to be seen". The English just says "are seen". So the Japanese implies that the darksign is a relatively new phenomenon. This section of text begins with "even now/right now", further implying that this is referring to the time when the player character enters the world. It's interesting that in the actual game, while hollows are everywhere, you don't see anyone with the darksign on them - it's just an item the player has in their inventory. It's possible the cinematic is a bit at odds with the final story of the actual game here. A better summarisation of what we see in-game would focus on the hollowing process. This disconnect may also be present in the "only endless nights" line, despite the fact that we see plenty of daylight in the game. Actually, we see daylight in "the present day" in the cinematic too (e.g. when the camera shows Lordran). This makes me think that this line (in both Japanese and English) is supposed to be metaphorical, but it's confusing since all the other seemingly abstract terms, like fire, have a literal presence in the world.
    submitted by /u/saidtoomuchonline
    [link] [comments]

    can you play dark souls online together with different consoles?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    let me explain. my bf has a ps4 and i have a switch, and I want to know if we can play together online but from different consoles is this a dumb question? Im embarrassed just to ask this lol

    submitted by /u/vince_00
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment