• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 23, 2021)

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 23, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 23, 2021)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 2 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 but Joe Biden broke too many Dragon Eggs

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:25 PM PDT

    Way back, first impressions of the game

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    it true tho

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    Are mimic’s bottomless?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    How to avoid taking damage from spikes

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    Raise your hand if the Bonfire Ascetic level for a certain fight is nearly 10 times higher than any of the other bonfires.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    Thank-you pic for a friend

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:59 AM PDT

    Ruin Sentinel spotting in Chicago Art Institue

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    i just found that the Ancient dragon memory is loaded in majula, the geography in this game is awesome

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    "I pray for your safety"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    So, I was revisiting Lucatiel's dialogue (excellent as it is) and came to the end of her quest in Aldia's Keep. It is there that she says: "I pray for your safety."

    Now, if you have found a certain maiden in Dark Souls III, this piece of dialogue should trigger the familiarity bell in your head as it did mine. Irina says the exact same line nearly every time you leave after talking to her: "I pray for your safety."

    Intrigued, I looked into it further. Both Irina and Lucatiel have the same voice actress, Sarah Beck Mather. Now, Dark Souls has linked characters through a common voice actor both to stress a link between them (Miles Richardson voices both Siegmeyer and Siegward) but they also could have liked the voice actor and gave them another role (Peter Marinker voiced Frampt, Kaathe, and Eingyi in DS1, but also Straid in DS2). What gets me though is that the same voice actress had the exact same line for both of her characters.

    Looking around the area you find Irina, you can find Lucatiel's set (minus mask) and the Curse-Rotted Greatwood who has the Hollowslayer Greatsword as an option for transposition. The Old Whip has a similar effect in DS2, which you can only get through Dyna and Tillo by trading a Petrified Something or Smooth and Silky Stone. In DS3, you get Lucatiel's Mask through Pump-a-Rum and Pickle Pee by trading a Vertebra Shackle.

    The Moundmakers is interesting as well, and as Maya-oh-My commented elsewhere, Lucatiel may have been a member of this covenant. It makes sense, as Hodrick seems to be trying to keep the minds of hollows from slipping too much as he says for you to "pile up your victims, for that will form your anchor." He also mentions that the Pit of Hollows is "for the occasional madman fond of piling up victims." Arstor seems like a character that would be fond of doing so, but Lucatiel does not fit unless she already lost her mind. She did say that "If I were told that by killing you, I would be freed of this curse… Then I would draw my sword without hesitation." Hodrick is just the undead to tell an ailing knight of Mirrah that killing any and all undead and extracting a particular bone from their body would bring a degree of ease to her mind. In fact, it would seem he at some point ended up in a similar place, as his armour mentions that he "was known to wander the battlefield as a crazed ghoul, lashing out at friend and foe alike." Makes me wonder if collecting the shackles did in fact save his mind in some way.

    Now, I don't think Irina and Lucatiel are the same person, as that would undercut both of their characters, but I find it suspect that they would have identical dialogue from the same voice actress and that Lucatiel's equipment is near where you find Irina.

    I had looked around and it seems no one has mentioned this peculiar link, and so I decided to post it here and see what people thought. It very well could just be a nice nod by FromSoftware and this was an excuse to talk about some interesting characters.

    Now, in DS2 (if you complete her questline) she gives the Bearer of the Curse everything but her Mirrah Shield. I wonder where it ended up...

    submitted by /u/OmegaAbyss
    [link] [comments]

    Finally defeated the Ivory King!! thankyou for your advice 'Th3L4stW4rP1g' to use the great club to kill those fuckers in the gates.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:56 AM PDT

    Seriously?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    help me with human effigy

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    hey, i recently looked up a guide on how to get a lot of human effigies (yea i die a lot) and i found a guide that said that if you join champion covenant the enemy will always respawn when you go to a campfire. so you go to majula campfire and then you walk into cartographer's house and there should be a skeleton that always drop an effigy. there is a problem: it doesn't spawn /: so what should i do? is there any other fast way to get a lot of them? please don't say use bonfire asetics because i don't want to farm them too. thanks

    submitted by /u/FrancyStyle
    [link] [comments]

    I decided to create a new save, it will probably take a long time for me to be strong all over again, I don't care, my new Scarlatt is very beautiful :p

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    “So here i sit,in quite a pickle”

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    Just got to the Iron Keep

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    And I don't think I've had a greater sense of time and space breaking down towards the end of the age of fire than ascending an elevator at the top of a windmill to get to what's essentially Bowser's Castle.

    I love the weird twisty backgrounds in DS3 as much as anyone but actually traversing convoluted geometries in this game is really keeping me guessing and wondering where the hell this game will want to take me next.

    A+ favourite game in the series by far already

    submitted by /u/Hugpunk
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get 100%

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:15 AM PDT

    wish me luck

    submitted by /u/im-not-a-toaster
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 is fizzling out for me guys, help me get back into it

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    I believe I'm at the dragon shrine, where you fight the 3 big guys in a row with all the little guys watching. Also just for your knowledge I'm a strength build with the big dragon tooth or something club. 1) I'm really struggling to kill those 3 big guys in a row 2) I'm out of human effigy 3) I keep getting invaded and killed while I'm fighting those 3 big guys and that really frustrating at this point

    Is there any way to get effigy's when I need them... I already bought them all from the merchants I know about .

    I want to beat this game, but I'm almost at the point where I don't

    submitted by /u/joejoewoooooo
    [link] [comments]

    When you asked people to meme you, have fun!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    Question about LGK invasions

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    I wanna get summoned as a invader in the LGK fight but I'm far passed drangleic castle in my current run. If I use a bonfire acetic on the bonfire before the boss, will I be able to invade again?

    submitted by /u/DerpyNachoZ
    [link] [comments]

    SotFS Co-op issue

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    Running into some issues with co-op. My friend and I have been trying to play through the game together but now he can never find my summon signs. I can be summoned in and invade/be invaded to other host's worlds.

    We've tried name engraved ring, small soapstone, cross region play on and off, etc. Restarting games/computers, etc - nothing has worked

    SM 2.25M+

    Is there some mechanism that locks players who have progressed too much from helping other people? My character is past Velstadt and into the DLCs, but his is only reaching Dragon Aerie.

    submitted by /u/classy-as-fuck
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth infusing Moonlight Greatsword with Magic?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    It'll give me more damage but it degrades the attribute bonus of intelligence to from S to A

    submitted by /u/looshoosh
    [link] [comments]

    Build advice

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, like in the title Ive got a question. As im in very late stage of game I think its time for dlcs. Im running sorcery build and I heard its highly uneffctive. As its my first time playing, any advice what weapon/build I should change to? So far Ive beat bloodborne mainly LHB, DSR using dad build. Wasnt sure if its a good flair or should i use help instead. Hope its good and really looking Forward for any help as I really enjoyed the game so far.

    submitted by /u/ovca94
    [link] [comments]

    I Have Played Every SoulsBorne Game...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    ...but no other song in the series slaps as hard as the Majula OST

    submitted by /u/TheBeanRocks
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment