• Breaking News

    Monday, March 29, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Everyone’s talking about the Desert Sorceress’ side effect of increased bust size but no one’s talking about the booty buff you get from the Judgment pants lmao

    Dark Souls 2 Everyone’s talking about the Desert Sorceress’ side effect of increased bust size but no one’s talking about the booty buff you get from the Judgment pants lmao


    Everyone’s talking about the Desert Sorceress’ side effect of increased bust size but no one’s talking about the booty buff you get from the Judgment pants lmao

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    Beat a heide knight by changing batteries in my controller...guess theres a first for everything

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    The delivery of this line always gives me chills.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    Who's boss now?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 08:25 PM PDT

    Three types of Dark Souls 2 players

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:56 PM PDT

    I 3D printed a Greatsword Keychain

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    I beat the fucking game

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    Now I wanna end my life because I feel empty afterwards

    submitted by /u/ralph-is-fucking-gay
    [link] [comments]

    Its 2021 and people still act like this game is an absolute failure that did nothing right. What's with the hate boner for this game? Was it just some big content creators that shat on this game, so people are mindlessly parroting those opinions as 'fact'?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 2 did a number of things Right. Even out right better than any other entry in the series. I'm not exactly sure why there are people who pretend that this game did nothing right.

    DS2 had the most choices for armor, weapons, and magic of any other Souls game. Be it Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3, Demon's Souls or Bloodborne. Literally no other entry in the series has come close to offering nearly the same amount of toys to play with.

    DS2 had proper left hand combat. DS1, Demon souls, Bloodborne and DS3 (I could be wrong about DS3) did NOT have this. Weapons in your left hand did not have their full functionality compared to being in your right hand. In DS2, weapons DID have full functionality. You could roleplay being a left handed character. Is this like universe breaking? Of course not, but such an option was really neat to have, considering no other entry has offered it.

    DS2 had the most fun smithing mechanic. What I mean by this, is that you could enchant practically any weapon, even RANGED weapons and BOSS weapons. Literally no other entry in the series (Demon Souls, DS, nor DS3) aside from Bloodborne has allowed you to do that. In DS2 however, you can. You could even enchant ELEMENTAL weapons with their element (You had a fire sword? You could enchant the fire sword WITH a fire upgrade to further boost its fire damage. Basically double downing on the Fire ) or any other element to allow a dual element weapon. There was so much more freedom in the smithing/upgrading in DS2 compared to literally any other entry. Its criminal that DS3 didn't carry this freedom over.

    DS2 had power stancing, where you could dual wield weapons for a new move set compared to not dual wielding them. Literally just another way to play the game and opening knew build/playstyles.

    Every weapon type (Fists, Dagger, Scythes, Spear, etc) had their own unique Backstab and riposte animation, something that DS3 failed to bring over as it reverted back to all weapons having the same Riposte/Backstab animation.

    Also NG+ actually introduced differences. New enemy types and items, something that again, no other entry did.

    Was DS2 perfect? Not even close. Did DS2 do things wrong? Yeah, it did some things wrong. But DS2 also did some things RIGHT. People need to stop pretending that it didn't do anything right. And at least DS2 actually tried to branch out and do new things where as DS3 literally just wallowed in the shadow of DS1.

    RIP DS2, this game got the most hours out of me compared to Demons, DS1, DS3, and BB.

    submitted by /u/HorrowLP
    [link] [comments]

    Scholar of the first sin is unique

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    I might have just beaten Fume Knight second try

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    Title, basically.

    For ages, I've heard that Fume Knight was the hardest boss in this game and one of the hardest in the series. I expected this to take me ages. After struggling through Brume Tower (great area by the way), I destroyed the four fire statue things outside of his arena and got the bonfire. I knew this was going to be insane...

    And I beat him second try.

    That was genuinely a really fun boss and I totally see why people struggle so much, but I didn't find that to be all too bad. I only needed 3 estus flasks!

    I don't mean to toot my own horn or anything, but I have played Bloodborne and Dark Souls Remastered now, and most of Dark Souls 2, doing all the areas and bosses (I know I have, I've checked online just to make sure). I also got Ancient Dragon first try and Gank Squad second (maybe third? Not entirely sure). Although, I did get my ass handed to me by Sinh for half an hour straight. Maybe, as I play more, my skill is just increasing so not much is that challenging any more. I don't know. Still loving these games though!

    Edit: goddamn, Sir Alonne second try too. I really don't think these are coincidences.

    submitted by /u/ikaas1
    [link] [comments]

    Super stuck in Drangleic Castle, please help

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:08 PM PDT

    I made a Reddit account just so I could ask this question, that's how much this is bugging me. I'm stuck on the room in Drangleic Castle, after the middle bonfire, where there is a golem statue that turns a key, and a bunch of statue soldiers that attack you. No matter how many statues I kill in front of the golem, I can't get him to absorb the souls. It happened once, but I've tried a good 10 times now & it just ain't working. I've read other forums on this problem, some people say the statues don't come alive, or that you have to lure in two assassins from the next room. But that isn't the case for me. I don't know if they've patched it or what but on my version (SOTFS Xbox 360), the statues come alive, they just don't work, and there are no assassins in the next room. In fact it's impossible to lure anyone else in from the room after that, I've tried. Kinda pulling my hair out, sorry for lengthy text. Please help me.

    submitted by /u/Mungefuddler96
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 and its lighting look even better with this PC mod featuring new visuals

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    Was shielding nerfed in Dark Souls II?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    Shielding seems sucky out of PvP. Enemies break it easily, dodging is much more safe, and the fact that apparently every enemy has an attack that can hit you through shield.

    submitted by /u/FirstSinScholar
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 Drangleics Pyromancer Warrior (Pyromancer Build) SL 155 | Dark Souls 2 SOTFS Invasion Build

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    I was inspired by a user on this thread to embark on yet another fist-only run. Godspeed to me. (And yes before anyone asks my character is Pink Guy)

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    How active is this game?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Haven't played this game in ages. Playing the soulsborne games in order, this is next up. Is co-op and pvp still able to come by or is it hit or miss?

    submitted by /u/pickledhoney
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone spare some sunlight medals? Sotfs Xbox one WadeWilson57

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    Farming takes too long 🥲

    submitted by /u/KookyConfection5427
    [link] [comments]

    Currently working on a DS2(:SOTFS) quality of life mod! [Somewhat spoilers, but nothing major]

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    I've been learning about modding over the last month and outside of a video essay I've slowly been edging to release, I have been trying to create a mod for those who felt some aspects of DS2 were lacking.

    • Some (but not all!) issues I've had that I address: Merchants like Chloanne gives special stones so late that most people wouldn't be interested in trying them by that point. I plan to have her sell stones after completing Iron Keep or sooner, I will gladly take advice. I also plan to have her be selling large titanite shards infinitely earlier as well.
    • Melentia also gets some buffs but mainly as a response to other complaints
    • People complain that lifegems 'make the game too easy' so fine, instead of 99, you can only buy 35 AND the price is raised from 300 to 450.
    • I also feel the Estus (and most of the healing item) animation speeds are too slow for earlier on, so I just give it a slight buff as well as a decent revamp to ADP. Poise scaling is better, AGL scaling is smoother and slower but also starts off better than originally. (Starting off with DS1 fat roll iFrames versus the even worse starting place originally set by the creators) (The goal was to make ADP less of an essential stat without ruining its reason to exist. Buffing Poise was meant to balance how it takes longer to get to fast roll iFrames. Making the stat, similar to all other stats, more of a choice rather than an immediate soul dump.)

    A decent amount of other changes (and a video/written changelog to showcase it when I'm closer to a 1.0)

    Ex: The Fang Key now replaces a reward from one of the merchants versus how you originally find it. Fragrant Branches will be far more easy to have multiple of early on, but also I eventually plan to remove these barricades. A couple hiccups (in other areas too) I got to work out.

    Like: currently the stat changes will not appear on the UI. I will post the level to level changes, but I plan to get assistance with that.

    PLEASE be sure if you like the ideas of what's being said, comment on what changes from what's listed or otherwise, you'd like to see! The goal of this mod is to retain a strong majority of the game's original intent and feeling, while making certain aspects less annoying or unclear. I respect DS2 a lot and want to respect a lot of the creator's original focus. But undeniably, even if you consider this your favorite game of all time, some aspects could be changed for the better. This is my interpretation of that better change.

    submitted by /u/77_Sinsear
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys still play SL 150 pvp?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    I'm a Korean player and there are many people in a Korean Fromsoftware community starting or been playing ds2 sotfs on Steam because Fromsoft literally doesn't leak or reveal ANYTHING related to Elden Ring. But none of them stays in SL 150 zone because the BOB arena matches all players so it's inevitable to reach above SM 100m+ if you don't wanna get disadvantages because of low SL. I personally don't understand people complaining about playing with high level characters in the dueling arena because it's the retarded matchmaking system forcing people to reach high level.

    submitted by /u/strangerwhodontknow
    [link] [comments]

    Overhaul mod for DS2?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    Lately I beat Of Ash and Dust for Remastered, even before I played Cinder. Is there any big, gameplay overhaul for second game like for 1 and 3? I'm not talking only item replacement, but a full overhaul, like this 2 mods I mention?

    submitted by /u/Pieskov
    [link] [comments]

    Ending cinematic confusion [Spoilers]

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 11:14 PM PDT

    Ive watched videos on Dark Souls 2 lore but after beating the game Im still lost. What was the deal with sitting on the throne and the doors closing in on me? Is my character meant to sit there forever? What does it accomplish? Why?

    submitted by /u/SadafBoiRD
    [link] [comments]

    Need help XBONE

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    Need help with the Lost Bastille, SM 83k

    submitted by /u/Lazy_Carpenter886
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to farm pharroe's lockstone?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    Im in the doors of pharroe and hell there are lots of pharroes contraptions, any way to farm them?

    submitted by /u/PeacflBeast
    [link] [comments]

    Baneful Bird ring VS Soldier's Ring - for Shield users

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    Hi there. Got a silly question but was curious.

    Is it better to use the [Baneful Bird and Defender shield] or the [Soldier's Ring with Greatshield] if you're looking for 65+ in stability on a shield?

    I was running some numbers and the Defender's Shield with a Baneful Bird Ring would only weigh 7 pounds and would allow you to have nearly identical stats (some even better) to the best Greatshields in the game.

    Whereas Greatshields are quite heavy - easily reaching close to 16 to 20 pounds.

    The Defender's Shield has a stability of 60 but with the Baneful Bird it goes up to 65 which is equal to the Stability of the Twin Dragon Greatshield, Old Knight Greatshield, Greatshield of Glory, Drakekeeper's Greatshield, etc.

    Isn't it better to just use a Defender with Baneful Bird rather than adding 16+ pounds using a Greatshield+Soldier's Ring?

    submitted by /u/Dracomies
    [link] [comments]

    Anything else before NG+

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    Hello again DS2!

    I recently posted just gushing about how much fun I've been having, and let me tell you, I haven't lost any steam! I have probably spent 8+ hours a day playing DS2 for the last 3 weeks

    I *think* I've done just about everything I care to before starting NG+, but you tell me.

    So far I've killed every boss, I believe, all the optional DLC, King Vendrick, farmed my loyce souls and got my Eleum Loyce. Brought everyone to Majula, got all 4 crowns and Vendrick's blessing.

    I believe there's one fellow who requires unpetrification (lower lost bastille?) but I don't have any more fragrant branches, I may have wasted one on accident.

    Farmed a bunch of upgrade materials through bonfire ascetics at Dragon Aerie, I could certainly do more but I think I'd rather NG+.

    I have several pharros lockstones to find as well, but farming for every last thing doesn't seem so fun.

    Any crucial items I need to get before the new game? I've collected a lot, but farming for hours doesn't sound appealing, the loyce souls wore me down yesterday.

    What do you guys think? Time to start my NG+ game?

    submitted by /u/bignner1000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment