• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    Dark Souls How is the first wyvern on the bridge in Undead Burg supposed to be dealt with without cheesing through?

    Dark Souls How is the first wyvern on the bridge in Undead Burg supposed to be dealt with without cheesing through?


    How is the first wyvern on the bridge in Undead Burg supposed to be dealt with without cheesing through?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:48 PM PDT

    I know you can shoot it with arrows where it can't see you to kill it slowly, or just run like hell past it, but it doesn't seem like you're supposed to do those things, because you need to manipulate its attack pattern and wait for it to come down in order to not get burnt to a crisp.

    Did they intend for it to be defeated later with better gear, or are you really supposed to run past it and activate the bonfire, making it despawn forever? (edit: not forever, as some comments pointed out) Just seems like really weird game design, and as far as I know, every player who got across the bridge just cheesed their way through.

    I don't feel like any new player would ever get the idea that they are supposed to run past it after baiting it down and just chug estus until you're through, instead of there being a 2nd route, or a trick to sneaking past it.

    This is just one of the things that bothered me the most about this game over the years.

    Edit: I am also aware of the path under the bridge that leads the way you're supposed to go, but I am just bothered by this optional encounter that feels really janky.

    Thanks for all the interesting comments, it was fun reading through your opinions and I guess some people are okay with how you deal with this encounter, and others agree and think it's a little broken. And uhhh praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/Awesomethecool
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Noodle009

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:45 PM PDT

    I was invaded while doing a quality playthrough in the catacombs. I sighed thinking "probably some shield turtle or someone with hornet ring fishing for backstabs who's going to taunt after I die". But instead I found a man who guided me to the skeleton mages and showed me the way to the darkmoon seance ring and blacksmith Vamos. Never attacked me, just showed me around. Admittedly it my 4th or so playthrough so I mostly know where I'm going but it was still quite helpful. It only ended when I accidentally died of fall damage. It's such a joy to see that this game still has such a nice, helpful community. Noodle, if you see this thanks again!

    submitted by /u/Djax24
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't know I needed Dark souls until now, a decade later

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    I recently got myself dark souls remastered as a way to pass the time, thinking I'd be content with one playthrough and setting the game down.

    I was wrong.

    The world is incredible, the lore is well crafted, the mechanics are never "unfair" (in a tongue in cheek type of way). Everything I thought I loved about video games was thrown all on its head.

    Dark souls is more than I thought it would be. All I heard about was the game being hard and the 'git gud' mantras that surrounded it. I never knew there was so much depth to it.

    I think it's safe to say now that I've been introduced to the series, I'll have to tackle each and every game.

    BoC is out of place though. Not what I expected for a lord soul boss...

    submitted by /u/zzbims
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!!! I beat O&S!!!!!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    I'm not the first or the last person to beat O&S but I'm still really happy, I finally beat them! Don't know why smough had to do ornstein dirty like that tho...

    submitted by /u/dwarf_in_a_giant
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown is the best part of dark souls.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    The suspense and mystery that environment is capturing is unparalleled. In whatever direction you choose to go you have a mysterious unfolding world. Perfect combination of danger and exploration.

    Do you agree? What are your thoughts when compering environments in dark souls 1?

    submitted by /u/International-Art776
    [link] [comments]

    What is the Most crazy lore theory that you like even if probably isn’t true?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    I like 2 of them:

    Solaire being the sandworm on Carthus: is pretty inconsistent and without real support, but I feel like It will be a classic dramatic and depressing ending for a character fromsoft style.

    Ornstein becoming the King of the storm: this always causes debates, there is a good amount of evidence to support this one but some people just find it dumb Af.

    I like them because they tie 2 favorites form DS1 with DS3. What are yours?

    submitted by /u/Deadvid69
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for Blight-town

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:15 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I recently started my first ever play through of dark souls. I've hit a pretty big wall in the form of blight town. I can't seem to get past the first group of enemies the guard the entrance after the depths. Any advice would help, thank you.

    submitted by /u/Bruisedjanitor
    [link] [comments]

    Things you can acces before Gargoyles.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    Is this a guide? i dont know but it can be useful for new players i guess

    Important:This "guide" assumes you choose master key as your starting gift.

    Rare weapons:

    -Astoras straight sword (valley of drakes)

    -Dragon crest shield (valley of drakes)

    -Effigy shield (Tomb of the giants)

    -Black knight sword (Drops from the black knight in Undead burg before taurus demon,Northern undead asylum,Catacombs and Tomb of the giants Not 100%)

    -Black knight halberd (Drops from the black knight in Darkroot basin Not 100%)

    -Black knight shield (Can drop from any black knight not 100%)

    -Black knight greatsword (Drops from the black knight in Undead parish after hellkite bridge not 100%)

    -Channelers trident (Drops from the channeler in Undead parish and Depths not 100%)

    -Crest shield (Drops from Oscar after you come back to asylum)

    -Crescent axe (Drops from Patches if you kill him in Catacombs or Tomb of the giants)

    -Demons spear (Can be purchased from Shiva of the east if you are a member of the forest hunters covenant in darkroot garden before Sif)

    -Stone greatshield (Drops from stone knights in darkroot garden before Moonlight butterfly)

    -Stone greatsword (Can be purchased from Shiva of the east if you are a member of forest hunters covenant also drops from stone knights)

    -Dark hand (Drops from Darkwraits in new londo also obtained by joining the Darkwraith covenant after Four kings boss)

    -Gravelord sword (Obtained by joining the Gravelord servant covenant in Catacombs)

    -Dragon king greataxe (Obtained by cutting Gaping dragons tail in Depths)

    -Dragon greatsword (Obtained by cutting Everlasting dragons tail in ash lake)

    -Drake sword (Obtained by cutting Hellkite dragons tail in undead burg)

    Thats it for rare weapons now to:

    Bosses! (Not gonna count the Asylum demon since you have to fight him on tutorial)

    -Capra demon in Undead burg

    -Ceaseless discharge in Demon ruins

    -Chaos witch Quelaag in Blighttown

    -Gaping dragon in depths

    -Pinwheel in Catacombs

    -Four kings in New londo

    -Great grey wolf Sif in Darkroot garden (You have to kill sif in order to fight Four kings)

    -Moonlight butterfly in Darkroot garden

    -Stray demon in Northern undead asylum

    -Taurus demon in Undead burg

    Thats it for bosses now to:

    Covenants!

    -Warriors of sunlight (After Hellkite bridge you need 25 faith in order to join)

    -Way of white (Can be joined from Petrus in firelink shrine if you choose knight or cleric you start with this covenant)

    -Darkwraith (Can be joined after Four kings boss)

    -Forest hunter (Can be joined from Alvina in Darkroot garden You need Crest of Artorias to open the door leading to Alvina or You have to defeat Hydra in Darkroot basin and climb the ladder near the waterfall)

    -Path of the dragon (Can be joined from the Everlasting dragon in ash lake)

    -Chaos servant (Can be joined from the Fair Lady after Queelag through an illusory wall)

    Thats it for covenants now to:

    Merchants! (Patches doesnt count because he doesnt sell stuff until you kill Nito which you cant kill without lordvessel)

    -Undead merchant (Male) in Undead burg

    -Undead merchant (Female) in Undead burg before the shortcut to firelink

    -Domhnall of Zena in Depths before Gaping dragon

    -Snuggly in Northern undead asylum

    -Shiva of the east in Blighttown after you join the covenant talk to him and he will move to Blighttown and sells stuff

    Other stuff:

    Barbed straight sword&spiked shield (drops from Knight Kirk in depths not 100%)

    You can make a +15 weapon heres a guide: Here

    And thats all! i hope this helpes someone if i miss anything be sure to comment about it so i can add it or fix it!

    submitted by /u/Ibretlikkedi
    [link] [comments]

    Accidendtly skipped the depths

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    I just read a different post and realized that i skipped the depths intuitively and entered through firelink shrine. I just beat quelaag, should i play it through or simply skip it?

    Greetings

    submitted by /u/ItWasBark
    [link] [comments]

    On my second playthrough currently and I'm finally learning how to parry well

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:18 PM PDT

    DEAR LORD GWYN WHY DIDN'T I LEARN TO DO THIS SOONER?? EVERYTHING IS SO MUCH EASIER

    submitted by /u/ManweTheElderKing
    [link] [comments]

    I love the Claymore

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    As a first time player, I have just found my key to success...I think!

    Up to this point I didn't have much trouble with the game (just a few bosses managed to frustrate me a bit). Reached O&S and it didn't take long for me to start getting tired of their BS, and no matter if I went with my +10 Longsword or +5 Zweihander, I simply couldn't enjoy the fight. The longsword allowed me to play fast, but during Anor Londo it started to feel very, very lacking, while the Zweihander slows me down a lot during boss fights.

    As I kept getting clapped I began to wonder if there existed a sword in the middle, both fast and powerful, and...lo and behold, I see a blessing—the Claymore—sitting right there in my inventory. Upgraded to +9 it made the fight feel like a breeze and I couldn't help but fall in love with it afterwards. Having used it for a little more after the fight I can say that it's just so perfectly balanced for my style: range is good, damage is good, speed is good, it's satisfying to use, like...wow. I don't think I'll let go of it for the rest of the game lol.

    Just wanted to make somewhat of an appreciation post for it since it helped me get through my toughest ordeal yet!

    submitted by /u/_Sylveon_
    [link] [comments]

    People who recommend new players to start with the Master Key, why?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:35 PM PDT

    I've seen people who started playing DS1 for their first time whose friends recommended them to choose the Master Key as their gift. Why? How is that going to make the game more enjoyable for someone new to this kind of game?

    submitted by /u/MoroAstray
    [link] [comments]

    Now I truly understand the loneliness of this game...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    We step foot into this crumbling fading world with ourselves and just a few npcs to talk to. Its so lonely that even a single summon sign can bring a feeling of comfort and joy.

    A few days ago, my DS3 bugged out and I couldn't summon or invade and other people couldn't' summon me either with or without password. After playing co-op and invading for sometime, you forget how lonely the DS world is. Right now there are no more invaders. No more phantoms. No more jolly cooperation. Its just you and the sound of the bonfire crackling in the background. Isolated from the rest of the world.

    Today a miracle has happened and I am once again able to play multiplayer. The indescribable adrenaline and happiness when I saw all those red and purple signs at the Pontiff Bonfire was beautiful.

    submitted by /u/Qumi77
    [link] [comments]

    What was the boss that killed you more times the first time you played?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    In my first playthrough Manus killed me at least 50 times before I was able to kill him. Back it the day I used to be a full Havel boy, fat roll, Havel and FAP ring and I got punished so bad. Second was kalameet I think, it was at least 30 times.

    It's funny how now I get them on my first try or I get killed just 2 or 3 times max before I beat them.

    What about you?

    submitted by /u/Deadvid69
    [link] [comments]

    Your Souls-like Game Ideas

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    If you were to make a souls-like game what would it be like?

    Time Period Setting: (Medievil like Dark Souls, Victorian like Bloodborne, Futuristic like Surge, or something new)

    Plot: (try to keep it vague, that's something Dark Souls does right, the story should be discovered in the game)

    Weapons/Sub-weapons: (will there be various weapons like most Souls-likes or One with many sub-weapons like in Sekiro)

    Differences to DS: (what gameplay mechanics set it apart from the Orginal series)

    submitted by /u/Lance1889
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for people to play with

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm currently trying to platinum Dark Souls on PS4 and am looking for some help. My PSN is Parkat- add me if you want to help. Thank you! Also planning on doing DS2 after I finish 1.

    submitted by /u/Zealousideal-Ad-3393
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on Manus!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    Can anyone help me with Manus? This is my 100th time trying to kill the bloody bastard and I just can't do it alone :( I'm on Xbox if that helps

    submitted by /u/HarveyPricey
    [link] [comments]

    Suddenly fat-rolling despite not changing load-out for days

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    I wear the Elite Knight Set, and carry a Black Knight Halberd with either a Crest shield or a Grass Crest shield (both weigh the same), and a pyromancy glove (which weighs nothing).

    I pumped the shit out of my endurance recently, so that I could use this load-out without having to rely on Havel's Ring, which I haven't used for many days now. I was able to med-roll just fine, having indulged in a bunch of Oolacile Township PVP for which I used Ring of Steel Protection and Wolf Ring, no Havel's.

    Decided to travel deeper into Oolacile yesterday evening, until I reached Manus and got my dick handed to me twice, for which I decided to call it a night (was fairly tired, and busy for most of the day with IRL stuff). Load up the game today, and I notice my character seems to have binged the fuck out on cheeseburgers or something while I was gone.

    I'm certain that nothing in my load-out has changed in at least 3 - 4 days, so what gives?

    submitted by /u/CumanPowder
    [link] [comments]

    The painting world is depressing...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    I was stumped O&S so I decided to explore to find better gear and ended up in the painting world.

    Right of the bat, something felt off, it got worse once I entered the courtyard, I saw the cages, the burnt corpses and even the regular hollows that were sick. There was a massacre here.

    The end was even worse, fighting Priscilla wasn't rewarding, it was sad. She didn't want to fight and just wanted us to let her be.

    I felt kinda scummy after the fight, like I had killed some of the only good in the (game) world.

    submitted by /u/dwarf_in_a_giant
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:32 AM PDT

    Some days ago i got the ps plus and i was happy because i could play dark souls remastered online. When i log and i play online i see some online messages but no evocations signs. Anyone know why? (yes i'm in the human form).

    submitted by /u/TheInginiar
    [link] [comments]

    help entering the abyss

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:45 PM PDT

    I have a problem and I suppose it is a bug, when entering the abyss I always die, I have the artorias ring equipped but I still die the same, I could only enter the abyss once and the four kings killed me ... the next times I try Entering the abyss I have died, I have already tried going as a human, with or without Beatriz and I always die when I fall into the abyss, I need help I am stuck.

    submitted by /u/Automatic_Pause_8500
    [link] [comments]

    Have I ruined the Lautrec sidequest?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    Just started NG+ and I am attempting to complete the Luatrec sidequest I abandoned last time.

    I freed him from the cell in Undead Parish and out of carelessness, killed the Gargoyles before talking to him in Firelink. Now he is nowhere to be found.

    I haven't rung the second bell yet, so there is hope I suppose. Has anyone else experienced this?

    submitted by /u/DarkFury765
    [link] [comments]

    Just killed Ornstein and Smough with Solaire's help!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Very happy, my first playtrought.

    submitted by /u/Matagal_Timido
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment