• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 20, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 19, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 19, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 19, 2021)

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I did it, I beat Dark Souls!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    First of all two things:

    1. I know that there are a shit ton of posts exactly to this topic, but I really just want to talk to somebody because none of my friends know nor care about these games.
    2. My english isn't that good, sry I'm from Germany

    So I finally beat the game, a game that I thought would be impossible for me, but I somehow did it. It wasn't extremley hard, it was mostly fair and punishing when I got too greedy or fed up. For me this game was one of if not the best experience I ever had in a video game. To give a little background on me, I'm a Nintendo fan and collector so didn't have anything to do with Dark Souls before, only heard how hard it is. It took me little more than 60 hours to beat it. With that post I just wanna sum up parts of my journey:

    So, I was really afraid of the game and it's difficulty, but managed to kill Asylum in second attempt so everything was ok. Didn't have much trouble with Burg, but man Taurus Demon was the first big wall I ran into. Took me more than 2 1/2h to beat him. The feeling of beating him was just insane to me and a huge adrenaline rush. At this point I knew exactly why a ton of people like these games so much. Just to add: I didn't know anything about leveling or better weapons until this point so just went in with standard stuff. Gargoyles weren't super hard with the help of Solaire, so first bell was done. Capra was just utter bullsh*t and it took me like 30-35 tries. Really had fun in the depths, although I went through them very carefully and slow. Then there was Blighttown, or should I call it 15fps-Town. Well I had 60fps all the way through and tbh actually it was one of my favourite areas in the game (yep I said it). Did Queelag with summon and she was kinda easy with Mildred. Well Sens Fortress, oh my good I hate this place all the way through, except the boss is really confusing in the sense of being easy. Anor Londo was kinda a mood change to something more different than before. Archers weren't a problem at all, but O&S...yeah...I had the biggest cheese on them in my whole playthrough. Did the fight with Solaire (I think it was him) and a player. To be honest I took the win, because I've nearly beaten them before so, I just wanted to go on. Killed Dark Sun on my way out. Painted World was just meh, didn't know about the whole thing with: you have to kill the boss then you can leave. Same meh goes to Butterfly, all the stray demon clones and of course pinwheel. Gaping dragon took forever and Sif was ok for a fight (no one likes to kill a doggo of course :( ) Thought that four kings was hard before, you know heard a lot of them and so, but again not super hard. Ceaseless is just strange, really a strange dude, if I had known about the intentional cheese I probably would've done it, killed him normally. Centipede was cool and challenging. With Bed of Chaos you really just have to adjust to the thought of going in there more than once. What I noticed was that the bosses got quite easier for me in late game, of course I got better and really was tank in late game. For DLC, didn't struggle with Manus or Kalameet.....Artorias on the other hand was one hard fight, also the most fun fight in the whole game for me. Gwyn was a bit disappointing, certainly had very emotional music where I thought about my long journey and that I'm nearly finished.

    Next I will buy DS3 and then maybe DS2. I honestly need a break from Dark Souls for some time now, but not for too long. What I will say about this whole game, and this sentence really stuck to my brain, is:

    Don't get yourself killed. Neither of us want to see you go hollow.

    submitted by /u/Fabrilax
    [link] [comments]

    I love the freedom Dark Souls Gives

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 11:39 PM PDT

    Just as the title says. The Freedom to fail, and learn from those failures is really nice. Getting rewarded for exploring is cool. And I enjoy figuring out enemies weaknesses and using them to my advantage. I also love exploring probably my most favorite thing in dark souls is checking around the map for anything interesting.

    submitted by /u/MrGreywish
    [link] [comments]

    Why was Ornstein the leader of the knights.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:49 AM PDT

    Hey guys,after recently beating dark souls for the first time I left the game with some lore questions. Two in particular both regarding ,in my opinion the best part of the lore,Gwyn and his knights. The first is what was the relationship between the knights. I can tell that the assassin knight loved Artorias' based on her being at his grave and Hawkeye also seemed to love him,but was there any animosity or rivalries between the knights. I mean did Ornstein have any hate towards Artorias or vice verse. My second question is why was Ornstein the leader of the knights when it pretty clearly states that Artorias was a more talented knight and fighter. Was Ornstein just a more charismatic leader? Hope you guys can answer these questions,Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/Unlikely-Star-6600
    [link] [comments]

    In praise of the switch

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 01:37 AM PDT

    OK so this sounds really weird, but having dark souls on the switch has opened up a whole new world of relaxing, mindless farming for souls and items and an obsessive quest to clear out every area. Dark Souls has become my new Stardew Valley 😆

    When I played on the PS4 I never bothered with soul farming, or upgrading more than one weapon, or bothering to clear out areas of all items/secrets. I'm married and have access to the TV for maybe an hour in the evening before my husband gets fed up and wants the telly back on, so I wasn't wasting my valuable gaming time grinding, I was tearing through areas and hitting up bosses as quick as I could!

    Now I have the switch I can spend glorious lazy evenings on the couch with the tv on in the background, and I'm happily whiling away my time grinding for a rare drop, farming humanity and upgrading stuff I would never have dreamed off in my first play through just because I can. I love that I can casually pick up the switch without committing to a full on gaming session. Plus, I'm so OP at the moment it's hilarious, and soothing. Dare I say it, but Dark Souls has become Relaxing Souls thanks to the Switch!

    submitted by /u/Ruufles
    [link] [comments]

    Good weapon that can last till the end game?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    Would prefer to scale with strength as I want a heavy hitter.

    P.S: No Clubs. Don't like Clubs.

    submitted by /u/NoPresentation6766
    [link] [comments]

    How to Invade in Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    This is a video I made for my youtube channel. I make comedy so don't take things too seriously.

    https://youtu.be/iBs3bYNW9p0

    submitted by /u/ZahlerBazaar
    [link] [comments]

    Follow-up thoughts on beating Gwyn

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    So, I was thinking about my final duel with Gwyn, and I connected some really cool dots in my mind about my approach. In the kiln, I found a set of Black Knight armor, and after I saw its high flame resistance, I equipped it to hopefully get an edge over the fire god himself. What I only considered afterward was the symbolism of facing Gwyn in that particular armor. The Black Knight set represents Gwyn's compounded failures in his final days. He failed to allow nature to take its course in the death of the first flame, which would bring about the fall of the gods, and the rise of the new age of man in man's true "dark" form. He failed to create a new flame through the Witch of Izalith when her attempt destabilized and created the demons. He failed to subdue the demons when his Silver Knights were literally charred black in battle against them. And even after he sacrificed himself to prolong the first flame, he failed to safe-keep it from the very undead he unleashed in his effort. So here I come along, an undead whose fate as undead was Gwyn's direct responsibility, wearing the armor of his burned and beaten knights to finally put his hollowed ass to rest. To top it off, I let that flame die and became the Dark Lord Gwyn tried so hard to prevent. After I considered it all, I felt like I just lived out the final chapter of a particularly well-written novel. Did anybody else have any cool realizations like this throughout his/her playthrough?

    submitted by /u/signsofastruggle
    [link] [comments]

    SL1, 0 Equip Load, All Bosses challenge

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 06:44 AM PDT

    Just beat the Centipede Demon and Bed of Chaos, which was an absolute nightmare without armor or shields. Still editing that one, link is for the playlist.

    Dark Souls Remastered: SL1, No Equip Load, All Bosses!: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlYMdhIPWuRCN4DW4UH-S_ztUO1MA1T_g

    submitted by /u/NightbladeAC
    [link] [comments]

    Why is ornstein and smough so small?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    Compared to gywnevere they're tiny.

    submitted by /u/Superduperwater
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls makes me feel like a kid again

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Just started playing Dark Souls in 2021, and I have to say, even though it's my first time playing, it gives me a flood of nostalgia. It brings me back to when I was younger, the easiest games used to be painfully difficult to me. Whether it was me screaming at my Nintendog for not catching the frisbee, or getting so mad at my older cousin for whooping my ass in Mario kart my aunt would unplug the Wii. I revisit the same games as an adult and they are now incredibly easy. I fell out of love with video games for a while because single player games, even on hard, seemed more like interactive movies rather than challenging games. Dark Souls set the bar way higher in terms of difficulty and sense of accomplishment. I'm beyond hooked, and It's a great way to spend quarantine free time.

    submitted by /u/charlieboyavalon
    [link] [comments]

    So can someone explain the gwyn family tree?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 02:51 AM PDT

    I'm really confused.

    submitted by /u/Superduperwater
    [link] [comments]

    My experience with Havel(just started ds1)

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    I Finally Managed To Beat Dark Souls

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 02:34 AM PDT

    It got some good punches in but i was stronger and faster and now its unconscious on the sidewalk.

    submitted by /u/SharpRage33
    [link] [comments]

    Fanart I made of my favorite armor, the Elite Knight Set!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/j0NcYld

    Even the chosen undead needs to stop and appreciate life as small as an delicate flower

    submitted by /u/ParkourBatman
    [link] [comments]

    return to lordran 2021 ?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 12:04 PM PDT

    since this year we had return to drangleic and now return to yharnam it would be nice to have a return to lordran... does the event even exist anymore ?

    submitted by /u/rafsrafsz
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Trilogy Deathless Tournament

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Hey there everyone! This weekend there is going to be a Dark Souls Trilogy Deathless Tournament on Twitch! I thought this community might be interested in checking it out.

    The Format

    Four teams of three runners will each run through the whole trilogy attempting to complete the games without dying. Each person on the team runs one game. At the end of the tournament, the team with the fewest deaths wins! In the event of a tie, the team that did their runs the fastest wins the tiebreaker. Each runner has 3.5 hours to get a full run in. They can reset as many times as they want but if they don't get a full run in within the 3.5 hours their chances of winning are very low.

    When

    The respective team runners for each game will be doing their runs at the same time. The starting times for each game are:

    DS1 - Saturday 10am EDT/2pm GMT

    DS2 - Saturday 2pm EDT/6pm GMT

    DS3 - Sunday 10am EDT/2pm GMT

    There's a lot of really talented players competing and I think it will be a lot of fun to see the different strategies and methods for completing the games without dying.

    The tournament is being organized and hosted by the Widers stream team. Their channel will be hosting all four runners with commentary during each slot.

    submitted by /u/munsen488
    [link] [comments]

    I thought of a dark souls theory that i think explains the "past" and opening scene as well as the bigger picture

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 11:36 PM PDT

    I stumbled on this theory by complete accident. I watched a youtuber discuss his theory on arch trees and the explanation matched up with a self made universe of mine, and i think I've theoretically "figured out" dark souls.

    First a simple explanation of my universe. Its called the primordiverse. Theres an infinitely vast and infinitely deep primordial ooze, potent energy realized in liquid form. The energy is primal and unfathomable, those that spawn from it are of unmatchable strength and raw power but they fall back to the ooze and become one with it again.

    Within this ooze are bubbles where very very miniscule and minute diluted primordial energy seeps. Though infinitesimal it spawns entire univserses within these bubbles.

    Now where this links to dark souls. The archtree theory was that each tree is a different world, some trees are more literal and some more fantastical in scope and diversity of the world they spawn (in other words, one tree may just be a land a bit away, another may be an entire world vastly different to yours) and that these trees are birthed from the ideas and dreams of beings, and these ideas and dreams sorta form these worlds that spawn.

    What if THAT'S the bigger picture of dark souls?

    Not that it's something linear, that there is a start, a middle, a end, but that the REAL world is one where at the bottom are things, beings, monsters, you name it, but as they dream and climb up these spawned arch trees they form various worlds. Like the world tree in norse mythology.

    Think about it. Dragons have mobility like no other, in other games and worlds think about how they are hunted...skyrim, dragons dogma, you name it, they're always these ancient beasts eventually hunted by a hero or another. They escape, down below where there are no dreams and ideas, where its grey and unformed. The beings that we see at the start of dark souls get fire, we learn that the flame in dark souls routinely is put out and is spontaneously relit, this fire isnt just fire, its ideas and dreams not the souls of lords, the idea that the dead aren't dead, they're a walking mass that causes miasmas, the dreams of weaving great fireballs and casting great lightning bolts, the idea of prospering and having more to life than darkness and caves.

    These people go upwards, and the world built from their ideas and dreams is the dark souls we know. The reasons these "souls" seem to echo one another is because they harbor previous ideas and dreams. The primordial serpents real ulterior motives are to push worlds into existence, if the flame continues then the world lives and changes, if it dies then a new one takes it place, the reason time and reality warp as the flame dies is because the ideas and dreams that formed the world are fading, so the world itself begins to simply wither away.

    These arch trees are merely catalysts, great birdhouses waiting for their respective bird to move in.

    submitted by /u/GamerForImprovement
    [link] [comments]

    Are sorcerers op or something?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    Summoned someone to help me do O&S and they used what I think was dark bead, and they just fucking obliterated the bosses health. The fight was over in like 30 seconds. So are sorcerers just fucking op or is he using some ungodly twink build

    submitted by /u/Narwhal695
    [link] [comments]

    Why is pricilla furry?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    Seath has no fur.

    submitted by /u/Superduperwater
    [link] [comments]

    Best game to start with?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 03:32 AM PDT

    Never played any of the games so should i start with ds1?

    submitted by /u/69_MasterChief_420
    [link] [comments]

    Question about item randomizer mod

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 03:11 AM PDT

    Hey, how does the item randomizer work specifically, do enemy drops also shuffle with treasure that you can find? Or not. In other words, is it for example possible that the large ember is an enemy drop? Or is it always findable treasure?

    submitted by /u/Valryon2001
    [link] [comments]

    DSR Quelana spawn trigger easier than PTD?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    In my runs she always spawns without me having an upgraded Pyro Flame. And I doubt it's always about the people who invaded me..

    did they change her triggers?

    submitted by /u/Nicochan3
    [link] [comments]

    Most useless enemy in any souls game?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    My vote goes to chaos eaters, I didn't even know they had attacks until I decided to look it up.

    submitted by /u/Insertblamehere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment