• Breaking News

    Friday, March 19, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 19, 2021)

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 19, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 19, 2021)

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 2 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    That Irish accent is just... *chef's kiss*

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 01:07 AM PDT

    Made a Mimic model

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    DS2 character creator is a nightmare. Spent more than an hour on YouTube copying some others with no success. So I said F it and made my own. Pretty happy with it.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 02:29 AM PDT

    A Confession To Make:

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    When I first joined the DS2 community, I remember seeing the phrase "bearer... seek... seek... lest..." without any context whatsoever. To be completely honest, I was frightened. In my mind, I thought it was a subtle spoiler, that revealed the Emerald Herald would eventually go hollow, and maybe disappear. This idea was further reinforced in my head, when I first got to Drangleic Castle and saw her at the entrance, and talked to her.

    I thought to myself: "Oh no, this is it, after I complete this area, she'll start to go hollow". After an hour, I went to youtube and looked up what the phrase meant. I felt completely dumb. Though, I must admit, I don't think my suspicion was too outlandish. DS2 was my third Souls game I played, so I already knew how cruel Souls games can be to it's characters. Has anybody else ever been in this situation?

    submitted by /u/CopiusConscience
    [link] [comments]

    I've never done a speed run in DS2...

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    But last night my wife and kids were going out for two hours which ended up being three. In that time I started my first pure dex character, defeated all 4 great souls and got to Drangleic.

    I had no deaths and defeated 4 invaders.

    I know it's not a speed worth bragging about but I was pretty happy with myself.

    submitted by /u/NRDubZ
    [link] [comments]

    Old Bell Helm OP

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    Happy Souls Full Map Cleaned Up, Just have to edit out the buddies now.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    Hungry brain

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    Be like me: spend 3 hours trying to beat looking glass knight with miracle spell caster build, realize it's not working, realize ure in company of champions, go and eat breakfast.

    submitted by /u/Luciferds2
    [link] [comments]

    To anyone who decided to start DS2 on PC : There's no cloud, and losing your save is easy... Back up your saves or despair :'(

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    My save is ruined and I have to restart a character after 20 hours. Can't wait to do The Gutter again. FML.

    Your save file is at :

    C: \ Users \ YourUserName \ AppData \ Roaming \ DarkSoulsII \ a folder name with multiple numbers

    submitted by /u/goatmanlvl12
    [link] [comments]

    The guy who died up there: DO NOT QUESTION THE ELEVATED ONE

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    No seriously ... It's not as bad as they said it would be

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 01:16 AM PDT

    So i started my souls journey last year with ds remastered , loved it of course , but since the first day i started everyone i knew told me : dont play the 2nd game or "ds 2 sucks" But i had a low end laptop , there was no way for me to skip to ds3 so i was like : lets give it a try ,.and

    i swear i didnt know why the hell peoople hate ds2 that much , i thoughr i was walking into a broken game or someshit

    submitted by /u/aboodyabdulqadir
    [link] [comments]

    Sunbros Progress

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    Hi Guys! So I am in my first playthrough in ds2 and I've donated 20 sunlight medals. If I go to ng+2 and give the 10 more will I get the sunlight spear spell I need? Thanks In Advance!

    submitted by /u/CarlCJohnson2
    [link] [comments]

    No matter how much I play this game, this moment always makes me nervous

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    Best weapon for a quality build?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    I changed my build from a dex to a quality build mid-game because I just wasn't doing the damage I desired. Im sure this question has been asked a million times but what are some good weapons for a quality build? Im currently using the old knights halberd.

    submitted by /u/SadafBoiRD
    [link] [comments]

    You either hate or love the song from majula

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    Wich one are you?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/1Falange1
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Rapier that good? (PvE)

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    I just finished another playthrough of DS2 SOTFS and whenever I leave the game for a bit and come back I forget how much the rapier just tears through bosses, just curious on everyone else's opinions:

    Are there any other weapons as busted as the rapier?

    submitted by /u/Lukether14
    [link] [comments]

    Belfry gargoyles, more like fartgoyles

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    That boss stinky, hard on ng+

    submitted by /u/epic_swag_gamer
    [link] [comments]

    SotFS Melee weapon (dex) for sorcerer

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    Hello, Im doing my 3rd playthrough of DS2 SotFS, first time as a sorcerer. Whats a best dex melee weapon for me? Im using longsword for now. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Bimbales
    [link] [comments]

    NPC quest line not working (possible spoilers)

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    So I followed Pate and Creighton's storylines but for some reason they're not fighting. I'm on SOFTS edition if that affects it.

    So I talked to Creighton in huntsman's copse and then in shaded woods and exhausted dialogue both times. I talked to Pate in his first location before and after going into the trap and exhausted dialogue, but I didn't summon him for the giant boss fight, but I don't think that's required for his quest line. Then I think this might be where I messed up. I beat prowling magus and lit the bright stone bonfire before finishing talking to Pate in the earthen peak location. After I lit the bonfire I didn't actually progress in that area so I thought I might be okay. But now when I go to where they should be fighting, there's nothing there. Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/LadyHistoria
    [link] [comments]

    The 6th time I've been invaded by a real person in 110 hours of game play, and he black crystals out, how unfortunate. I wish the game were more lively.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:12 PM PDT

    Coming back to Dark Souls 2

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    I haven't played dark souls 2 since it came out and I want to come back for a platinum trophy. I remember before I stopped playing I did everything I could to set myself up for new game plus. I have all the trophies except for the miracle pyromancy..etc ones that you get from new game plus three and new game plus two. I am not sure if I am on new game plus right now. I have all the travel points unlocked but I think the bosses are reset and the black smith gave me a weapon. My question is I don't remember where to go or what I am supposed to be doing to beat the game. just before posting this I travelled down to the gutter and defeated the rotten because that was one thing I remembered so I guess I am on New game Plus right now.

    submitted by /u/Octomaki
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Medal drop-rate is pretty hateful

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 01:44 AM PDT

    I know you're supposed to get medals through jolly co-operation and it's good that there's even an option to get them elsewhere, but did they have to make the drop rate this low?

    I've been farming falconers (with all the recommended gear on) for hours and I've got about 17 medals. I'd love to do it the intended way, but with 1.8m SM in NG I've been struggling to get summoned.

    Lowly times, these are...

    submitted by /u/MisterHandagote
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment