• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 23, 2021

    Dark Souls Soulsborne Subreddit Moderator Applications are OPEN!

    Dark Souls Soulsborne Subreddit Moderator Applications are OPEN!


    Soulsborne Subreddit Moderator Applications are OPEN!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    With the growth of the subreddits in addition to needing some more hands on deck, Subreddit moderator applications are now open!

    If you would like to become a part of the Subreddit team for /r/DemonsSouls, /r/DarkSouls, /r/Darksouls2, or /r/Bloodborne - feel free to click this link here and apply!

    We will be taking applications for roughly 1-2 weeks and will contact you directly if accepted.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/e_0
    [link] [comments]

    I am amazed at the number of bells still tolled every day.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    I've been playing Dark Souls for years now. Started off with the release of SOTFS and worked my way through every Souls game religiously from there on. DS1 is my favourite game of all time, by far, and I am incredibly happy, that everytime I start a new journey I can hear dozens of chosen undead toll their own bells of awakening. That's all.

    Prithee, be careful out there, chosen undead.

    submitted by /u/AGuestOnAQuest
    [link] [comments]

    Literally, a whole area I didn't know about.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 03:41 PM PDT

    I've beaten darksouls 4 times and I just found out about the Great Hollow today... this game just can't let me live my life in peace.

    submitted by /u/bbiglin21
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    After thousands of hours in SoulsBorne games + Sekiro, i got the plat trophy on all FromSoft games (Demon's, DkS1, DkS2, DkS3, BB, and Sekiro) it was a journey that i've started 2 months ago and that i finally completed yesterday, it was hella satisfying and awfully difficult, even tough i 100%'d all the games i won't stop playing them, best series in the world [T]/.

    submitted by /u/Jupiter_15
    [link] [comments]

    Replaying DS lately made me realize just how terrifying it is than the other games.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    Blighttown, Londo Ruins, seeing the Hydra from far away, The Abyss etc.

    This game NAILS it when it comes to enstablishing a terrifying atmosphere. Some of these areas genuinely gave me the chills.

    submitted by /u/TonTonOwO
    [link] [comments]

    Just killed 3 of the 4 lords and holy shit i am scared

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    You know the rule in dark souls how if one boss is super easy for you, the other is super hard.

    The dragon is the last lord (the bed was still annoying) and holy shit i am scared, i killed Nito in 1 try and the kings in 2.

    Mom pick me up i am scared.

    Update: seath is a cheap bitch, he spams his aoe blast all the time and that is annoying.

    Update 2: okay, i killed him and holy shit havel's curse resist is much better then the fat ass armour

    submitted by /u/zohariko75
    [link] [comments]

    Cupsouls (Dark Souls animated like Cuphead)

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    I don't know if this has been already posted before, but recently found this and I find it hilarious!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBE8sh7nv4s&ab_channel=64Bits

    submitted by /u/danielmp2627
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with getting 100% completion [DS1]

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    So I am currently around 10 hours off of my 100% completion on DS1. And I made a tiny mistake, I've gone all the way till SL128 but forgot to do my low level jolly co-ops in order to get access to the sun bros. So are there any recommendations for spots to put my summon sign down, or any of you lovely lads that would let me tag along for 3 fights. Any help would be much appreciated :)

    EDIT: pc player here

    submitted by /u/TheBadGlad
    [link] [comments]

    Mimics and the Symbol of Avarice explained

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    I made a post earlier discussing Mimics, and the confusing lore of the Symbol of Avarice, but I believe I have the answer, so I wanted to share.

    "Monster head resembling a treasure chest.
    Once an ancient god, it is said this is the symbol of shame imposed on a long lost clan, exiled for the sin of avarice.
    Wearing this slightly raises soul absorption and item discovery, but also affects its wearer with the curse of the branded." -Symbol of Avarice

    Ok, I was very confused by this description, and I think many others are too. I see a lot of people interpret this as an ancient god having cursed a clan, but that is simply not the case- I understand why one would think that, though, as this description is poorly translated grammatically. But let's break it down sentence by sentence, ignoring the last one since it's redundant:

    "Monster head resembling a treasure chest."

    This is simple enough. The Symbol of Avarice is the head of a Mimic, and Mimics are a type of monster.

    Once an ancient god, it is said this is the symbol of shame imposed on a long lost clan, exiled for the sin of avarice.

    This is where things get confusing, to say the least. I would argue it's downright incorrect grammar and poor English. So let's keep breaking it down.

    Once an ancient god,

    Ok, so Mimics were once part of a conglomerate that was a single ancient deity. Perhaps there was an original Mimic-god, that then somehow split into many. Or, maybe they were all together considered gods, and somehow lost their status.

    it is said this is the symbol of shame imposed on a long lost clan, exiled for the sin of avarice.

    Again, things get confusing here, because the sentence structure seems to be referring still to Mimics- but it isn't, it's referring instead to a separate group of individuals who use Mimic heads as a brand of shame- that's right, Mimics are not a clan of exiled people, rather, a clan of exiled people used the heads of Mimics as a symbol of shame.

    tl;dr Mimics are the remnants of an old God, and a lost clan of people use their heads as a brand of shame

    submitted by /u/Kale_Sauce
    [link] [comments]

    Is the black knight sword ridiculously overpowered or is it just my impression?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 07:09 AM PDT

    First time playing any souls game and having a blast. I got a little stuck on the Gargoyles boss and decided to trace back my steps back to firelink shrine to grind a bit / explore / change scenery. I decided now I must be strong enough to fight against the black night in undead burg that seemed to be protecting a treasure. So I beat it and it dropped a sword. Must be my lucky day! I'm no where near the stats I need to wield it , so I keep it in my inventory and grind for a bit.

    For the life of me, I can't beat the damn gargoyles, I always cut close, but whenever the other one jumps in the fray and starts spamming the fire breath, I'm fucked. I grind enough that I find myself able to equip the black night sword and damn... the gargoyles go down in 3 to 5 hits.

    Next up are the catacombs, filled with skeletons. These guys go down in one hit. 'Well, they're skeletons, being fragile is part of the concept I guess' I thought.

    I thought it was wielding a normal sword so I kept it equipped. That is, until I reached Pinwheel and defeated it without even getting hit once. Was I just ridiculously lucky to unlock such a powerful sword in the beginning of the game, or is it just really supposed to be like this?

    submitted by /u/kono_kermit_da
    [link] [comments]

    Drew the Undead Dragon in Valley of Drakes.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/48VDG8

    "Rotting and undead, this dragon dwells in the Valley of Drakes and in the Painted World of Ariamis, sleeping in audibly in the already soundless lands, Its placid presence haunts the bridge. These Drakes are the last of their kind duo to the plague caused by Gravelord Nito."

    submitted by /u/Adhemgorg
    [link] [comments]

    A Bit Frustrated

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:29 AM PDT

    I don't get it. I can not dodge that stupid fucking thrusting grab the Sir Alonne does. I like teleport onto his blade wtf ??? How do I dodge that attack

    submitted by /u/Ok_Nefariousness8169
    [link] [comments]

    Boy was I wrong...

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    Seems like a month or more since I was stuck at Ornstein and Smough and was struggling so much because I forgot to talk to Solaire and had to Solo them. I spent numerous attempts fighting them, studying them, and nearly killing them on several occasions. I was on my way to being Hollow but somehow, miraculously, I beat them.
    Since then I have had to restart because I found a hard copy of Remastered and went up against them again. It was tough, but not nearly as tough as that first time. I put Ornstein and Smough on a pedestal as the toughest bosses ever and looked forward to hearing about new players experiences so I could tell epic tales of my triumph over them. No boss met their might. Not Nito, not the Bed of Chaos, Not even Gwyn himself.

    Today I am forced to admit that I was so wrong. They were fodder compared to this new test. This new insurmountable foe. I have questioned weather or not Ornstein and Smough would be easier to fight naked than this new threat.

    Today I ventured into the DLC and finally met a character whose story brings tears to my eyes. But now that I face him, he brings tears of rage to my eyes. Artorias, Knight of the Abyss, a thousand curses upon you....

    One mistake, you are history. One lapse in judgement, you are toast. I have never been more punished by a boss fight than today.

    submitted by /u/jdarneson
    [link] [comments]

    Most fun weapon recommendations

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 04:38 AM PDT

    Hey, fellow chosen undead. Im looking for an interesting, fun and.. I guess "fresh" weapon for dsr. Something that will deal damage, but not end up being way too overpowered. Something that will be a bit of a challenge, but also not whip playthrough type difficult. Im overall a casul in games, but Dark Souls has a very special place in my heart. My favorite weapons include the black knight greataxe, claymore and the katanas, though I kind of grew tired of constantly spamming r1 through the game or slashing through everything with ease. Im just looking for something.. interesting. The only weapon I havent managed to try out yet is the MLGS, but Im having giant trouble getting it, and since its a late game item I dont really pay that much attention to it.

    I want something thats relatively simple to get early on and will be viable throughout most, if not the entire game without it feeling too easy in the beginning or impossible in the end. Any ideas?

    Dont yall dare go hollow, friends.

    submitted by /u/BeigeTheFox
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls 2 worth playing?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    Since, I've completed Dark Souls (just completed in NG+). I was wondering if I should play the sequel or not? So, Should I play Dark Souls 2 or directly move on to Dark Souls 3?

    submitted by /u/RudrakshThe1
    [link] [comments]

    Update to Composite Bow Drift

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    The hypothesis I tested: "The Drift on the Composite Bow is a glitch"

    The TL;DR answer: the drift that ALL bows have is actually an intended feature to determine their "range."

    "The Drift" is the tendency for arrows fired from bows to "drift" to the right of the crosshairs when aiming, at longer ranges.

    I originally thought this was a glitch, because I was previously using a longbow and the drift is almost nonexistent unless you get to VERY far ranges, where you wouldn't likely be sniping anyway. However, I tested the Composite Bow, Shortbow, and Longbow (all of which I meet the stats to use), and came to the conclusion that arrow drift is just a representation of your bows ability to snipe

    This is something people who use bows a lot probably already know, but I didn't know it, so I decided I'd share.

    Here's a video demonstrating what I mean, in case my description sucks

    Bows used in the video, in order, are Short Bow, Longbow, Composite Bow. Slides at the start show player stats, equipment, and composite bow stats in order to show that this character does meet the requirements to use bows, I don't have anything equipped to alter the arrow flight path, and I was too lazy to remove it after accidentally leaving it in respectively.

    Again, I know there are a lot of people who probably knew arrows drift, but I'm sharing this because if I didn't know it then there's a chance others don't know it, and it's a fun fact.

    submitted by /u/PonkingtonHeights
    [link] [comments]

    Why my friend regrets introducing me to Dark Souls: Remastered

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    To start I'll preface this with the following;I avoided Dark Souls for the longest time (Like many of you who may read this, but obviously not all) and thought I'd never play it, after finally getting bored of playing Destiny my good friend encouraged me to try Dark Souls 3 (it had been sitting in my steam library since I scored it from Humble Bundle who knows how long ago).We streamed screens to each other over Discord so I could see areas he was referring to and he could direct me if I took a wrong turn etc in real time.

    It all started when he took me through all of Dark Souls 3, effectively babysitting me through it all so I could get a feel for the game overall and I absolutely fell in love with it. The lore, the weapons, the fashion..I had a great time with the character creation as well (20+ minutes of giggling at my monstrous creations while he groaned at my creations) and then eventually starting NG+.I've been going through NG+ on my own with him only joining in when he feels like it or for some PvP fun and I've been really enjoying the game. I can't stress enough how much I am enjoying Dark Souls.

    Any way, after all the DS3 playing, I finally managed to get a hold of the Dark Souls 1 Remaster, and we play.I'm hopeless with finding my own way through the areas, so again we're screen sharing and he's directing me to get some good early gear and also the white soapstone so we can play together again.Part of his directions in the early game (mind you when it's not specific loot seeking he was letting me find my own path, for the most part) were to find some Dark Knights and see if they dropped some good loot for later on.

    First Knight I was directed to was down in a cave-like area and he has a Dark Night Halberd, after attempting to back-stab and kick the knight off the cliff I fall to my death and I'm thinking to myself "this is going to be a long night" when suddenly the black night follows me off the edge, dropping his halberd for me.My friend is in disbelief - not only did I barely have to try to kill the damn knight while severely under-levelled, but he drops the halberd first go.My Friend also tries and eventually succeeds in killing but doesn't get the weapon to drop.

    Later on we're coming through an area with another Black Knight, this one has a Greatsword.(Not long prior my friend helped me get the Drake sword) I do some back-stabs on this knight while my friend is a meat shield for me. This is the knight up in a little tower, there's not much room and there are 3 of us in this tiny little area... We kill this knight and again, his Greatsword drops for me.This is my second Black Knight kill ever in Dark Souls 1 and I've had both of those kills drop me their unique weapon..

    My mate gets a little salty at this, he's never seen that before and now I've got two rare weapons on my first playthrough.Another few nights pass and I'm exploring the area before the Demon on the bridge boss area, and come across another Black Knight down a little alleyway. I advise my friend I'm going to try killing this fella before moving on.You can guess what happens next right? He drops his Black Knight sword when I kill him.My friend is incredulous at this point, 3 for 3 drops on my first ever run.

    He's salty at the time, but we laugh it off and all is well but I can tell he's jealous of these drops. I plan to pull them out and tease him as often as possible once my level is high enough to use them more effectively.

    Anyway, that's the post. He doesn't literally regret introducing me to Dark Souls, but there was salt.

    TL;DR- Friend introduces me to DS3, I fall in love. After a NG+ we move over to DS1 Remaster to show me what I missed. He shows me ways to get chances at OP weapons in early game. I get 3 for 3 Black Knight weapon drops on my first ever playthrough of Dark Souls 1.

    submitted by /u/AFracturedWinky
    [link] [comments]

    great sword of daddy?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    if i wanna max out most my stats would the cursed greatsword of artorius better then the normal one?

    submitted by /u/skycrafter204
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/4gtAaSJ.png

    Drawing all ninetysome bosses from Dark Souls 1 through 3 in semi-random order, and Ornstein and Smough were up :)

    I'm currently replaying Dark Souls 1 remastered (first replay since years and years) and am very much looking forward to fighting them again :)

    Materials used are pen and ink on A3 paper.

    submitted by /u/peterlof
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the age of dark

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    When it inevitably arrives, would it mean the world would become pitch black with no light, making it effectively impossible to see?

    submitted by /u/TheWackyPenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the Super Londo Bros on first trial!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    I have 300+ hours on this game, and by 3000 hours I will be half good.

    My current faith run is 7+ hours and I am at the New Londo Bros, with a lightning spear +3, a couple piromancies and the lightning spear. First faith run, so it's been rough.

    Yesterday I was trying to get into a good position to be beaten to a pulp by the Londo Bros, so I tried to kill the archer and the giants before the boss room, and that archer killed me more times than I would like to admit. I gave up and got to bed.

    Today I was beaten down by the archer a dozen times, trying to get healthy enough to the battle. I got back to the bonfire, Solaire must have said something like "you back already? want me to lend a hand?", I popped an humanity, unhollowed and went back to the archer. And I got the target shield, because why not?

    Side note: I am terrible at parrying, my computer is potato so the latency is killing me more than gravity, and I didn't thought parrying would be any better.

    So I got to the archer again, got an umbrella to the face. Not a good start. Got up, got close, rolled back like no tomorrow, and faced him. He got the sword, thinking he would just send me to oblivion again, but the parry connects! I 2-hand the spear, 400+ damage! He got up again, but a jumping 2-hand spear sent him to history.

    Now I summoned Solaire, and we went Giant hunting. Got careful to only face one at a time, and we both destroyed both giants without me being hit, but Solaire was pretty damaged. I black-cristalled him out, quit/reload, summoned him again.

    The Londo Bros. I 2-handed my spear and went to Smough. Solaire distracted Ornstein while I saw how devastating the lightning spear was againt Smough. He couldn't hit me once, and Smough is no more.

    Now, super Ornstein. An I saw how useless the lightning spear (and the lightning spear miracle) is against him. No problem, I have Great Fireball and Great Combustion. And those rip thru him nicely.

    4 great fireballs and 4 great combustions later, Ornstein is no more. Solaire have more health left than when we faced the giants guarding the room, and I can sleep in peace.

    He smiles at me, mission accomplished. For the first time ever, I didn't died to the Bros.

    And I will come back when I am stronger and with more devastating miracles just to beat that archer down and put him into his place. He just wait...

    submitted by /u/thoriumbr
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    This is my first time going through this game... and I'm just about wrapping up the dlc with just manus left... and I've got to say the boss fights in this dlc are on a completely separate level from the main game. I've still got Gwynn to fight but man that Artorias fight was absolutely sensational.

    submitted by /u/Knuz37
    [link] [comments]

    Some loser cheater one-shot me with a weapon that cursed me and my summoned players.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Dude invaded me in Anor Londo. I have Purging Stones regardless, but that's some hardcore scrub hax LOL.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MHNHZ6u_rA

    submitted by /u/Forgot7en
    [link] [comments]

    How Does My Build Look?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    Am returning to ds1 on the switch but trying to plan my build out, what do y'all think?

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/660890

    Can't decide between ballers sword, painting sword or uchigatana...

    submitted by /u/xUB3RN00Bx
    [link] [comments]

    About Dark Sun Gwyndolin

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    I've been reading up on him cause he's an optional boss in the game. He can activate the dark version of Anor Londo and also is an NPC and not just a boss. So is there a con to killing him and is there a way to kill him without activating Dark Anor Londo?

    submitted by /u/ChristianGamer56
    [link] [comments]

    What bosses made you want to pull your hair out?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    For me, it's the Iron Golem. Jk. A boss I hated with passion was the Bed of Chaos.

    submitted by /u/-BlackPaisley-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment