• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 18, 2021

    Dark Souls The real reason the asylum demon is weak

    Dark Souls The real reason the asylum demon is weak


    The real reason the asylum demon is weak

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    Compared to the stray demon and the demon firesage, the asylum demon is a joke. If the asylum demon was so weak then that'd make Oscar of astora a weakling for dying to it right? Perhaps the asylum demon was relatively equal in strength to the stray demon and demon firesage but Oscar had weakened the asylum demon in their fight but wasn't able to finish the job. We end up being able to easily finish off the asylum demon thanks to Oscar. Maybe this theory is obvious as fuck but I have never seen someone explain why he's weak other than being the tutorial boss. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

    submitted by /u/governorlight
    [link] [comments]

    Trolling invaders while disguised an enemy will never not be fun. My latest trick: pretending to aggro onto a hypothetical host to send the invader in a completely wrong direction.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXHLuwruDgs

    To disguise oneself as a knight in Anor Londo is a risky move; even with all the right gear, you won't be an exact match, and an attentive player will spot you immediately. I chose the archer one on the stairs in the great hall because it has no nearby fellows, making the height difference harder to notice. I would randomly start firing across the hall to the other set of stairs as if spotting the host there, at which point any invaders would immediately follow where I was shooting.

    At one point I encountered a really awesome-looking parry animation I had never seen before, where an invader appears to snap my character's neck. Very very cool, I'm guessing it must be what happens to fist-type weapons with the Hornet ring equipped.

    submitted by /u/The-Nick-0f-Time
    [link] [comments]

    Has it ever been suggested if the Capra and Taurus demons were originally farm animals from Izalith, before the birth of the Chaos flame?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    I'm nearing the end of my first playthrough and taking the time to absorb the lore of the game, and it occurred to me that there's never any elaboration on the origin of the Taurus and Capra demons. We do get explanation for the origin of the Chaos Sisters (Quelaag and her sister), Ceaseless Discharge, the Centipede Demon and the Bed of Chaos. Though seemingly no elaboration on where the Taurus and Capra demons came from.

    But now it's hitting me that, since Izalith was once an actual city before the Witch accidentally created the flame of chaos, that their origin might not be as vague as I thought. Both Quelaag and her sister show that the flame of chaos can cause two different entities to morph out of one (spiders and women in this case). Taking this into consideration, it seems likely to me that the Taurus and Capra demons were either cattle and goat from Old Izalith that merged with human farmers. What do all of you think?

    submitted by /u/Filegfaron
    [link] [comments]

    Just found out after 500 hours that you can SUMMON SIF to fight Manus

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    Apparently there is a hidden wall with a bunch of humanity creatures that have captured Sif? And if you kill them all and rescue him he gives you Artorias's shield and makes his summon sign available for the Manus fight. That is the coolest thing in this game and I can't believe I just found out about it after 500 hours of playing

    submitted by /u/SerSentry
    [link] [comments]

    Ok hear me out......Dark Souls, but set in the Shrek universe.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    So I beat Sif for the first time...

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:01 AM PDT

    As the title states, I have just found and beaten Sif for the first time...how do I live with myself after dealing the final blow when he is limping? I feel so dirty and wrong!!...

    on another note, now the pooch is down where is my abyss knight boy lurking?

    submitted by /u/Boysenberry123
    [link] [comments]

    Amazing chest ahed

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:55 AM PDT

    Simple question... Where did Gwenevere go? It's said that she went away from anor londo but WHERE?! What happened to her?

    submitted by /u/sieg_zeon02
    [link] [comments]

    Starting New CO-OP playthrough

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm starting a new co-op playthrough this week with a friend. Is there anyway to quickly get a bunch of humanity? Farming, grinding, drops from enemies?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/KinkyKrisKringle
    [link] [comments]

    Where do bosses go after you kill them?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    Possible minor spoilers ahead:

    I recently went through the AoA DLC (not first time) and i beated the 2nd boss, as always. But this time I was wondering: "where did it (and so all the others non-demon characters) go?"
    We know that when our character dies, it simply stands up after a certain time and goes to a bonfire, as the other hollows in the world (this is the lore reason why mobs respawn after resting). But why this isn't true for major characters?

    What i thought, is that when you take a Special Soul from a "human" being, it simply loses his powers and his giant form (great soul equals great height) and becomes "normal" hollow wandering in the world. The same could happen with the NPCs, as they lose they willpower by "dying".

    Actual spoilers ahead:

    The other idea i got is that bosses does not descend from Manus, so they are not affected by the curse (or are they? see gwyn at the end) and simply they are not immortal as human being are, even if they are physically similar to us. this could mean that they just die (this argument is valid even with the great lords).

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Soros4
    [link] [comments]

    Since we're putting Dark Souls in other universes, I vote RuneScape.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    Imagine playing RuneScape, but with Dark Souls movement and combat.

    Inspired by this post.

    submitted by /u/failsafe42
    [link] [comments]

    Sen’s Fortress

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    I'm playing DS1 for the first time and can I just take a minute to express my disgust for what is the tar pit at the bottom... 😂 died probably 10 times in a row to the titanite demons in the back

    submitted by /u/Knuz37
    [link] [comments]

    How viable are thrusting swords for PVE?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:07 AM PDT

    Been looking to do one, but I don't know how well it works.

    submitted by /u/heavyisverygreat
    [link] [comments]

    Kill traded with Havel, lost out on Havel’s Ring. Does anyone have a spare? (PlayStation)

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    I kill traded with Havel and lost the ring. Restarting didn't work, and the chest in firelink is empty. I'm only level 26, so I don't have much to trade, but I'd appreciate it if you have a spare that you can part with and I'll see what I have for you. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/VIETLONG2000
    [link] [comments]

    Took me 13 days , over 12 play through and over several characters but I’ve finally 100 percented dark souls

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/bg7IwNQ

    Note I use a glitch after the fact of 100 percent it becomes I wanted to see how powerful I could get my one of my characters that's why the level is 400 but only has 62 hours

    submitted by /u/Pennyshingles
    [link] [comments]

    gywn is like powerful

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    can we all just step back and just think how powerful Gwyn would've been in his prime
    he split his soul twice ( or I guess 5 times!! if the 4k each got a part of it ) and burned away a large chunk it and still gives a soul that gives the most regular souls out of any soul souls equal power afterall

    submitted by /u/Chibiseto8
    [link] [comments]

    In the cold days...oh Firelink Shrine

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    Sometimes i open Dark Souls just to rest at the bonfire and relax

    submitted by /u/not_chrisss7
    [link] [comments]

    What is one character or phrase that has stuck with you from any dark souls?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    Mine is "Don't you dare go hollow"

    submitted by /u/-Paevxry-
    [link] [comments]

    Sif’s theme is one of my favourites from the soundtrack so I made a chill lofi remix of it. Hope you guys enjoy it

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 03:40 AM PDT

    Did anyone ever stumble across some of the game's big secrets without help?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    Ash Lake, The Painted World, returning to the Asylum, the many NPC side quests... all of these I think I'd be extremely unlikely to find without having read about them or with the help of notes.

    Did you ever come across any of the game's famously obtuse secrets on your own accord? How did you manage it?

    submitted by /u/PaisleyCroissant
    [link] [comments]

    I summoned a player to help kill O and S without realising how easy it would make the bossfight. Should I be ashamed and if so how should I repent?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    (Also tysm to that player you are a legend!)

    submitted by /u/Namrag03
    [link] [comments]

    Nothing feels the same after Dark Souls.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    Really wanted to share this witn you. Sorry for the longer post.

    Thanks to my college professor, I fell in love with From, but in the wrong order - I started with Bloodborne, then DS 3 then 2. Back then I didn't really understand his passion for the game, and his descriptions about this "feeling of emptiness" like "nothing feels the same after Dark Souls" were weird. In 2015. I decided to play Bloodborne on my new ps4 and it was okay. You really have to learn how to enjoy the lore in From games, and back then I had no idea how. Dark Souls 3 was very interesting, and I didn't like 2 But I remember the exact date i first played Dark Souls: 17. november 2017. In my doorm, a couple of hours after my girlfriend left me, at the International student's day. I remember everyone celebrating, drinking together, dancing and singing. Walls were vibrating; loud screaming, cheering and moaning everywhere and all I rember were the clanking footsteps of my protagonist "Fluffy Donut", on her adventure to become the next dark lord and kill the flame. And then it hit me, the feeling of emptiness, the feeling like when you stand in front of an artpiece, a painting, but you can't admire it forever. There are some brushstrokes that are irritating and you hate them, but then they merge with something you enjoy and like. It was a painting, and a symphony, and a story. It changed the way I play and percieve games. After playing the original, even Dark Souls 3 felt different, somehow like a child following in his father's footsteps. I will never forget that date and the first time I played Dark Souls, it was like a Copernican Revolution.

    submitted by /u/TheRealRogerEbert
    [link] [comments]

    If the bosses in Dark Souls and Dark souls 3 were switched around, mechanically, would Dark souls be more difficult, and would fewer people have completed the game?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:44 PM PDT

    Let's try and keep this as a friendly discussion, chosen undead and Ashen ones.

    submitted by /u/Ryan_Henson
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any point to upgrading armor

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    Is there any valid reason to upgrade armor or should i just do that when my weapons and stats are where i want them to be.

    submitted by /u/000sleep
    [link] [comments]

    Darksign confusion

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:54 PM PDT

    So, in lore, does every human have the darksign? Or just some? What happens to normal humans without the darksign upon their death, do they go hollow too?

    submitted by /u/TheWackyPenguin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment