• Breaking News

    Friday, March 19, 2021

    Dark Souls Playing Dark Souls with my 6yo daughter is one of my most memorable gaming experience

    Dark Souls Playing Dark Souls with my 6yo daughter is one of my most memorable gaming experience


    Playing Dark Souls with my 6yo daughter is one of my most memorable gaming experience

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    I have only been gaming on Nintendo consoles but have kept a close eye to the whole industry, so when Dark Souls landed on the Switch I knew I had to play this unforgiving, dark, crazy monster-filled, meme starting game. Finally bought it during a big sale(in January?) and my daughter noticed and was very interested in it from the get go. I dismissed it as this was not a game for little girls.

    Mind you at this point I had introduced my daughter to Mario Kart 8 when she was two years old. She could hardly steer the kart, but I just wanted to introduce gaming to her early. We would return to MK every once in a while, but it wasn't until last year with Animal Crossing, that a game truly clicked with her, and then on to Smash bros, where she can even hold her own against other players online. Also we have watched the Lotr trilogy every xmas since she was three and we paint board game miniatures together, so albeit a bit 'dark', the setting of Dark Souls isn't a farcry from what she has 'seen'.

    So I start the game without her, playing a few nights, but during the weekend she sees me playing in the afternoon and is hooked... So we agree that she can watch me play and I will talk through the things we see(I'm blank on the game except gaping dragon and S&O). I die a lot in the beginning, have a hard time adjusting to the gameplay, but slowly, we both get a better understanding of the game, and she ends up being my watchful helper, noticing if I miss a door, if we got all the items and even analyse boss patterns(as I'm stressing just staying alive). We are completely hooked and talk about what progess we should make next time we play. I find lore and read it as nighttime stories to her. So now after 75 hours of a game I will never forget, we moped the kiln with Gwyn(with the Eagle Shield at that) and kindled the flame. While on its own I appreciate it as one of the greats, but some flaws here and there, bonding with my daughter like this elevated the experience to something very special.

    Afterwards I promised that we would play Luigi's Mansion next, this time her controlling and me watching. Her verdict is that Luigi's Mansion is the scarier game of the two... 🤷

    submitted by /u/KenTaiJo
    [link] [comments]

    Just killed the giant blacksmith and I’ve never felt so bad after killing an NPC in my life

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    I'm going around killing all NPCs before i start Ng+ since Gwyn is the only boss left for me and boy... the Giant Blacksmith saying "Nighty Night.." after dying made me feel so guilty. His innocence really got to me. I hope killing the Fair Lady and Andre doesn't sting as bad

    submitted by /u/fgzz_i
    [link] [comments]

    Why does gwyndolin have snake legs?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    I just thought about it.

    submitted by /u/Strongbighoneybadger
    [link] [comments]

    They did Priscilla so dirty....

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    in concepts of Dark Souls, Priscilla was a firekeeper, but they instead replaced her with mere bonfires, also apparently she had a unused hugging animation??

    There's not even a covenant for her either, shes just kinda...there in the game.

    justiceforpriscilla

    submitted by /u/Terraria_lover
    [link] [comments]

    I HATE BAD OF CHAOS

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    SO DO YOU

    submitted by /u/kurovaan
    [link] [comments]

    Lautrec of Carim not in his cell

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 02:57 AM PDT

    I killed the gargoyles and rang the bell, then came back to free him, but the cell is empty.

    can someone explain if this is a bug or did he free himself?

    thank you.

    submitted by /u/Silent_Eagle01
    [link] [comments]

    Where are you all getting the lore from?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    Love the games but I'm not clued up on all the lore and narrative that I hear in this sub. I piece together what I can from playing it but it doesn't feel as coherent as what I read here.

    Is there somewhere I can waste a few days reading through the lore etc?

    submitted by /u/xenomorphucker
    [link] [comments]

    Hitless run whitout leveling up my character or my weapons

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:20 PM PDT

    World's first without using pyromancies. Dark Souls is hard, but it gets easier once you play it for thousand of hours.

    https://youtu.be/7HfYU0DuFsw

    submitted by /u/Brousssss
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else feel bad for vaati and all the work he puts into his videos?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    Most of the lore is in item description. Yet he makes it seem like the coolest thing ever.

    submitted by /u/Tastyavocadoshakes
    [link] [comments]

    Soooo I made a dark souls level on Mario maker 2. Undead asylum

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    If you guys wanna try it out and let me know what you think, I'd be much appreciated. Sorry if this doesn't belong here. The code for it is PTQ-9V4-59G

    submitted by /u/International-Look57
    [link] [comments]

    Demon ruins or Anor Londo first?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:14 AM PDT

    Not sure which is the best route of progression (first play through)

    Edit: these fucking ARCHERS!!!

    submitted by /u/SadLittleUwU
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 1 First Play through Complete.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    I love this game. thank you playstation for having 1-3 on sale.

    submitted by /u/LuisFromReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Prepare to die or Remastered?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    So im considering getting DS1 since well i only played ds2 and my toaster cant run ds3. So what the hell lets do ds1.
    I found some store that sells prepare to die edition steam key. However remastered costs only half as much. But what are the differences between remastered and PTD edition aside from graphics?

    submitted by /u/DanujCZ
    [link] [comments]

    Silver Serpent Challenge

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    The challenge? Get the silver serpent ring after arriving at firelink. You can grab/do anything you want along the way. Firelink Shrine, Graveyard, Catacombs, and Tomb of The Giants are at your dispsoal.

    Here's a video of me doing it.

    submitted by /u/ElbowStromboli
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of doing a quick challenge

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 04:08 AM PDT

    Every item you can obtain using running only (no hitting/kicking (asylum demon excluded) without any area glitch cheese, gonna use SL1 too

    So this is a stupid challenge but nonetheless I'd like to know if someone would be interested in the results or even if this has been done before

    submitted by /u/colorectalcancee
    [link] [comments]

    Sens fortress prep

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    I'm playing ds1 again after many years and I have just come to sens fortress. I remember years ago prepping for that area heavily and when I went inside this time I knew I needed to prepare. Any tips from my fellow dark souls players? I'm currently level 40 and am using the drake sword that I got from shooting arrows into hellkites tail

    submitted by /u/Flappybunnygurl
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn on Sl1 is a fucking nightmare

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    He one shots me with all his attacks, and there is a long path filled with Black knights that also one shot me

    submitted by /u/CristoRey_
    [link] [comments]

    Found my first Vagrant

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    Found my first vagrant after 80 hours of gameplay.

    Idk just thought it was cool.

    submitted by /u/LonePoro
    [link] [comments]

    Mushroom people.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Just a short but sweet appreciation post for the Mushroom folk. I can't get over how cute it is that the little ones fall over/run to the big ones after being hit. The big ones though....Since when did Mike Tyson become a mushroom? This is some pure BULL-SHIITAKE. Though hey ho, Forest Covenant UNITE. We're all fungi's at the end of the day.

    submitted by /u/AdEfficient2209
    [link] [comments]

    I started playing Remastered after +100 hours on DS3

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 02:40 AM PDT

    It feels weird, not being able to fast travel yet is a bit annoying, but add a bit of a challenge The only thing that bothers me is how slow the game feels after playing DS3, I know the game is old but damn, even the roll have a weird delay

    Difficulty wise it's a bit harder, guess I need to get used to this gameplay, Asylum Demon took me 5 tries while the Taurus Demon only 1

    submitted by /u/Greuzer
    [link] [comments]

    Dinossindgeil is in the last game of Soul Level 1 Soulsborne No Hit Run (god run)

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! New to this community and new to dark souls! Could use some help with upgrading tings!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:40 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Name's Josh and this is my first time playing through any of these types of dark souls typa games. Usually I'll have my chat help me with things I don't know but its getting to the point where I need to find ways to grind off stream. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? I am in front of the Crystal Cave and have unlocked things like the depths, New Londo, etc. What are some things that I should be investing my time into so I can be a little more efficient?
    I am running a dex build and usually will be running the lighting spear, forgot the full name lmooo with a grass crest shield if that gives any context to anything
    Any suggestions for grinding spots or places where i can get upgraded weapons/ armor would be cool! Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/not_Jshoea
    [link] [comments]

    why are the four kings suddenly so hard?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 04:37 PM PDT

    Literally every single playthrough I have done of this game the four kings have been a breeze, no trouble at all, never been a problem for me. Now all of a sudden they are the hardest boss in the game for me. What happened? Why are they just suddenly so hard? I pretty much can't even get a hit on the first king anymore before he just magic, sword, AoE, wombo-combos me. One time I even managed to get down to one last king when he just starts spamming his grab attack so much that 2 more kings had time to spawn in!

    If it matters: Black Knight Halberd+5 Full Artorias Set+2 Ring of FaP Vitality - 99 Attunement - 28 Endurance - 99 Strength - 99 Dexterity - 99 Resistance - 12 Intelligence - 22 Faith - 25

    EDIT: Finally beat them after like 30 tries (it normally takes like 2)

    submitted by /u/MotherHcker
    [link] [comments]

    What would normal life in lordran look like?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    What would normal life in lothric/lordran/ drangliec look like?

    When the first flame is still burning undead can die and not go hollow so there will be no hollows during the time when the flame is still burning so would there be human families? Would they go to college have parties do they listen to jazz?

    submitted by /u/chhaylab2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment