• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 4, 2021

    Dark Souls Ornstein and Smough

    Dark Souls Ornstein and Smough


    Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 10:24 PM PST

    I just wanted to tell someone I finally beat those two. Only took a lot of tries, rage, rethinking my whole life and determination. If it counts for anything I did it solo ( was super hollow from dying so much so no Solaire).

    submitted by /u/Promitus
    [link] [comments]

    First time defeating the Bell Gargoyles

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:24 AM PST

    Hi all, just wanted to tell you about my recent DS1 (PS3) experience.

    I recently started playing Dark Souls again after a number of years away from the game. My brother and I were quite overwhelmed by the game when we first bought it. In my first try I couldn't get past the Taurus Demon and he was unable to defeat the Bell Gargoyles.

    Well, after a fair amount of prep, looking at wiki pages and youtube videos, I started my Dark Souls journey again. I messaged my brother and he said things like 'I hope you like dying' and 'I'm scared for you.' which filled me with a level of grim determination.

    I'm happy to report that this game is really clicking with me, I don't think I had the level of patience required to face enemies before and over the years of not playing my mind seemed to put a real block on the moveset the player has in combat situations. But now, playing with a shield that can block and parry, and being able to dodge and circle around enemies for back stabs is very empowering.

    So, in terms of my progress, I defeated the Taurus Demon a week ago. Two tries, not too bad. Last night I faced the Bell Gargoyles for the very first time. I had not researched their moveset, all I knew was there were two of them and they breathe fire after a certain point. Opening cutscene, building tension, nice way to ensure my hands are sweaty and shakey for the fight. Once the fight starts I was so relieved to see only one Gargoyle and even more relieved when I could block their attacks with my shield, this gave the confidence to think I could do it! It took me three tries to beat them, I polished off the first Gargoyle as fast as I could and circled around the second slicing as I went. It felt bloody amazing when I beat them. I let out a silent (late night, wife asleep in the other room) roar of victory and ran around the roof proclaiming it as 'my fucking roof!'.

    Safe to say, I'm hooked on the Dark Souls experience.

    submitted by /u/cameronjohn
    [link] [comments]

    And what I heard for years was wrong, and right. Dark Souls is and isn’t hard.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:11 PM PST

    I was put off for a very long time from the souls series, as I'm not a big fan of games which have dying a lot as a key component, especially in single player games; I'm majorly a turn-based game player, and multiplayer FPS & JRPGS, so the horrible stories I'd heard about how hard dark souls, and how you spend the whole time dying, and it's unfair, and I thought 'why the hell would I want to play a game like that'. As with many things that I've retracted in my 20's in an attempt to work out on what I missed out on, I wanted to give it a shot.

    So yes, it can be difficult. I absolutely love the structure in which it can fluctuate in intensity, allowing you to make a choice whether your ready or not ready for something. With a very poor build (I've later found out as I prefer to play the first run in everything blind) I realised the limitations of having a good arsenal, in which every time I picked up an awesome weapon, shaped like Satan's petrified protrusion, that I would never be able to equip it. This giant sword? Nah, it's got a strength of 40 and you're struggling to pay for your titanite addiction, nevermind levelling up all those times!

    I love that schtick in games, and it's been a while since I picked one up where I REALLY wanted to find something I could use, or turn into one of those golden soul-y weapons; But even then, some of those come with big drawbacks and still can be a massive effort to acquire just to be useless in the future, it wasn't until I realised I could turn them back if I so wished that I began to enjoy the tombola element to it.

    My sister is the biggest gamer I know, she puts my casual gaming in the shame corner, and she loves them. Of course, knowing her hunger for the most difficult games she can 100%, I was put off. I understood the drive to create a game like this, so much so to procure its own sub-genre of gaming, and why people were interested, but from what I was told from everyone (apart from the my sister, who would have more challenge fighting a sesame seed) that it was die, die and die. Instead, it's a situation of learning and caring about the player deeply.

    Every situation, from the start of playing, teaches you the techniques needed to adapt around the new style of playing DS offers. Every boss, every new sub-bosses mechanics are explained through smaller mob combat prior to those battles, slowly allowing you to adapt and learn the right strengths, weaknesses and dodging strategy. Whilst it isn't there in a big tutorial pop-up like most games, it instead trusts you as a gamer to get better, as well as have the capability to retain the information taught to you and apply it, whether that's a conscious or subconscious process. Then, every now and then, it puts a small prison shank in between your ribs and declares you its property, sends you into town to sell your milking cow, and come back with something magic and painful.

    The most impressive, and in my eyes, helpful part of the game is the layout. I've seen that some people get lost, but I'm only good at a few things in life, and one of them is my sense of navigation, and boy, did this game teach me I don't know fucking anything. The amount of times I've found doors that lead to an area I thought was light years away is incredible; Whilst seeming impossible complex at first, the slow accumulation of shortcuts feels like an even truer checkpoint than that of a bonfire. The ability to run for a few minutes to cross through an area that took hours and hours to weave and twist your way through is a brilliant feeling, and being able to one-hit all the pesky mobs who you originally cursed, and their families, under your breath is the cherry on the cake.

    You wanna know the part of the game that I struggle with the most? The fucking under pathway, below the dragon, near the start of the game. That one pikeman. I think, in that one location, I understood the patience I was lacking, and the fact that I was going to have to use a shield in a game for the first time since Ocarina of Time. Shield mechanics are my least favourite in any fighting game, and was one of the major turn off points for me in regards to my reluctance in trying out the game. I'm aware that a lot of people play without one, but I would be lost in the game without it now!

    I've come away from completing DS, with DS2&3 downloaded and ready to play (as well as currently playing Bloodborne with my sister), fully satisfied. A challenging and gritty game, that lived up to its hype, but was much more loving and doting that it was originally made out to me. I've never felt more cared about in a game, and it feels like a mother's scolding, who only wants the best to you, but has to pretend to be harsh so you learn your lesson.

    A side note: I accidentally stepped on the young magicians head and he started a duel with me. I killed him as big hat looked on. I regretted his death. Slightly.

    submitted by /u/zincbiscuit
    [link] [comments]

    COME INTO MY FOREST

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 10:13 PM PST

    I'm going to be guarding the fuckin forest SL65 screen name CHEEK_CLAPPER i fucking dare somebody to enter my forest rn

    submitted by /u/crotega
    [link] [comments]

    Kalameet's a son of a b*tch

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:15 AM PST

    Im having a really hard time on Kalameet. Ive played the DLC before once and I had beat him on my first try ever. I don't even remember how. I just remember thinking to myself "that was a surprisingly easy boss". But now Im getting fisted everytime I enter the arena. Could you guys provide any tips on how to beat him. Im wearing the Gold Hemmed armor set and Havel and Cloranthy ring. Uchigatana +15 and Black Knight Shield +5. The move Im having the most problem with dodging is the sweep attack he does from right to left. And the motherf*cker does so much damage!

    submitted by /u/SafVVaN
    [link] [comments]

    First try

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:27 AM PST

    I managed to kill Great Grey Wolf Sif on my first try yesterday. I'm just astonished that I managed to kill ANY boss without dying fifty times.

    Which bosses did you all beat first try?

    submitted by /u/PrinceProspero9
    [link] [comments]

    To Guardian of Anor Londo

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:33 PM PST

    I doubt you'll see this but I thought others would like to hear.

    I had just joined the Blades of the Darkmoon and I'm not very good at PvP. But anyway, there was always this player/character called Guardian in full Havel. I fought many a time against this one. We always started with a bow and ended with his Black Knight Greatsword between my shoulder blades. I don't mind losing but what really brought a smile to my face was the nine Humanity he dropped.

    Thanks. I hope you had fun.

    Edit: An hour later I still haven't beaten them. Good game, I give up.

    submitted by /u/The_of_Falcon
    [link] [comments]

    This game had the biggest impact on my life so far...

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:38 AM PST

    When it came out I was not a real gamer, nor after. Where I grew up, gaming was uncommon. But this game I played from start to finish. It was a very unique experience, and dark souls 2 and 3 were not able to recapture that feeling. Fun fact: At that same gaming time, inside that non-gaming community when I once asked one work colleague what he is doing he replied he is playing for hundreds of hours a game called dark souls... Ironic...

    submitted by /u/International-Art776
    [link] [comments]

    My Girlfriend grabbed my controller and made me lose 100000 souls, should I end this relationship?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:12 AM PST

    100000 souls down the shitter.

    submitted by /u/Silent_Tonight2385
    [link] [comments]

    FROM SOFT should make a Soulsborne game about Duck Tales

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:44 PM PST

    Title says it all.

    submitted by /u/epic_nutsack
    [link] [comments]

    I quit this game because I went the wrong way...

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:05 AM PST

    My souls experience started with Sekiro and I have since played every souls game in reverse order (not sure if that was the best idea). I got to DS Rrmastetrd sometime a few months ago and had a blast up until ringing the first bell.

    I'm not usually one to Google things while playing so I thought the 2nd bell was in New Londo Ruins. What an unpleasant and unfun area that is (especially for someone around lv 20). Anyway a few days ago I was browsing reddit and saw that someone was talking about how you shouldn't even go to New Londo right after ringing the 2nd bell?!? My mind was blown and it's time to get back into the game boys.

    submitted by /u/TreyBombCity
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias struggle

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:55 AM PST

    Today i finaly killed Artorias with my magic build !!! When he had 1/4 health left I ran out of spells... I took out my reinforced club dealing 17 dmg per hit and killed him with the lowest heath bar i have ever seen ( 2/1564). This a big accomplishment i my soulsborne carrier. When life hits you hard, always have a backup plan, even if it only deals 17 dmg per hit.

    submitted by /u/bldborne
    [link] [comments]

    Will i still get the trophy?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 06:24 PM PST

    So... I've been planning to platinum dark souls and found out u need like some of the requirements to join them and get their miracles/ pyromancies. So, will i still get the trophy if like i have almost all the miracles on this acc except that one miracle, but have it on my other save. Will that count as trophy

    submitted by /u/Jreddds
    [link] [comments]

    Soul farm route for SL 50-100

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:15 PM PST

    So basically in my first playthrough (currently SL 85) I wanted to use Artorias' cursed greatsword but I didn't had faith and intelligence requirements, so i got into a farming route i had never seen before on any ds guide pages and im here to share it.

    In Duke's Archives, more exactly in the Archive Prision Tower, i started to go down through all cells killing all undead crystal soldiers until reaching the lowest point on the area and killing all Pisacas (it can also work as a humanity farm). But as i upgraded my weapon i got to one shot every mentioned enemy fast enough to consider it a good farming spot. I tried to optimizise the run and got to this strat:

    Equipment:
    -Symbol of Avarice (more souls)
    -Ring of the Evil Eye (for sustain)
    -Slumbering Dragoncest Ring (not aggroing Undead Cristal Soldiers)
    -Grass Crest Shield (stamina regen and protection)
    -Any weapon that can clear the Pisacas easily, I personally use Black knight greatsword +5
    -Talisman in secondary left hand slot
    -Homeward miracle (to avoid running up stairs again)

    Strat or path:
    Start in the bonfire, you can kindle it up to 10 estus if you dont feel safe, then run out the cell. Two Man-serpents are running up the stairs, you can kill them if you want to, it doesn't take more than five seconds and doesn't give much more souls. Then go running down the stairs till you reach the Pisacas, kill them the safest way possible one by one or two by two, and then use homeward. If you do it too slowly in some runs you could have aggroed one Undead Cristal Soldier but as long as you play safe you wont get killed. Then you can use homeward with little more than 10K souls each run in 1:20 minimum. I use this route because its easy to access, its very simple and gives a decent quantity of souls but also i post it here beacuse i couldn't find it anywhere. Sorry if it was already on any guide page and this is useless but, you know, just want to help.

    Hope you can profit of this and don't go hollow. First post here btw :)

    submitted by /u/El_astronex
    [link] [comments]

    Does pyromancy scale with faith and intelligence?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:27 PM PST

    I was just wondering how pyromancies scale in this game. Is it a stat thing or do I just level the flame

    submitted by /u/Dieseldees73
    [link] [comments]

    100,000 Souls in under 5 minutes

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:34 PM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taXuNNSwHtE

    Submitting as text because I don't believe in reddit karma

    Yes I started at 33,700 souls.. my bad. But you can see it only takes about 25-30 seconds for each go.

    Recipe:
    50 (or enough to overkill the Phalanx)Faith, Wrath of the Gods, Homeward
    Lordvessel
    Covetous Silver Serpent Ring and Symbol of Avarice
    Replenishment if you're scared of dying for some reason
    Fast Roll (under 25% equipment load) or High Poise (I have 40 Endurance)
    Decent Stam (I have 30)

    What to do:
    Warp to Painted World of Ariamis
    Have the door to the courtyard opened
    Run to the "front right" of the phalanx and cast wrath of the gods
    Run into the newly created opening next to the statue and cast again
    This should clear all, though mistakes may happen.
    Should not take more than three casts.
    You need to be able to overkill the Phalanx or you won't get the full 12,096 souls. You also get 512 souls from the hollows at the entrance to the painted world but it takes extra seconds to kill them.

    As you can see in the video it's easy to be thrown off by the hollow, the phalanx, or mispositioning so be careful!

    submitted by /u/--ver
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Just a funny message I ran into during my first ever play through.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 09:35 AM PST

    Just before approaching Gwynevere there was a message below her throne. Here I am thinking its probably something along the lines of "Be wary of woman" or "Treat woman with care" to inform me that she is an important NPC. I pressed X to read the note and I wasnt disappointed

    "Try holding with both hands"

    submitted by /u/SadafBoiRD
    [link] [comments]

    What would the thief class be good for?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 05:01 PM PST

    I'm surprised nobody's really asked this. What Kind of builds would the thief be good for?

    submitted by /u/_i_am_a_dragon_
    [link] [comments]

    To the sun bro who helped me with sif:

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:00 PM PST

    Thanks for helping me take out the invaders, you're quite skilled and I would also like to thank you for your help with the big boi it was quite funny how we both did the prostration gesture at the grave of artorias... Knights honor i geuss also sorry sif melted you.. I am on my like 4th ng+

    Much love the giantdad in darkroot💖💜

    submitted by /u/supremeramenking
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t be summoned by my friend

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:38 PM PST

    We play on the dsr on ps4, we have the same password, we both have ps plus, the summoner is human, we have the same network settings but we still can't summon each other, we've tried several location and we can put down the summon sign but can't find any summon sign. The only thing I can think of is that I'm a much higher level than him. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

    submitted by /u/Hysk00
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment