• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Return to one of my favorite areas. It's like coming home.

    Dark Souls 2 Return to one of my favorite areas. It's like coming home.


    Return to one of my favorite areas. It's like coming home.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:38 AM PST

    [Art] Lilith the Slayer

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:52 AM PST

    Squidward you're not handsome, you're a hunk!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:13 AM PST

    Creating a Pixel Art Dark Souls Weapon Everyday [Day 9 - Bluemoon Greatsword]

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:27 AM PST

    I've done my part in making them keep their hands off our bells!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:42 PM PST

    Praise the sun!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 05:40 AM PST

    Dual blue flame looking cool

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:17 AM PST

    5 seconds before disaster

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:02 AM PST

    "There is nothing more to offer. You have done fine work." I am satisfied. But my mission is not over. (+some screens)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 09:05 AM PST

    I came CLOSE to beating DS2 for the first time ever in the Company of Champions

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:16 PM PST

    What the title says. I picked up DS2 the month before the return to Drangleic event. Picked it up because I only played it for an hour in high school and I had enough time on my hands to try and avenge my high school self

    I picked this game back up with enthusiasm and a lot of it both spoiled on plot and game mechanics One of those expectations was the limited enemy respawns, which also turned me off in high school when I learned about them. The idea that I couldn't level grind my way out of a pickle. Me being spoiled on game mechanics also led me to learn that champions covenant had infinite respawns in SotFS on top of the harder difficulty.

    Put two and two together, and that led to me joining the Company of Champions at the beginning of the game, to play Dark Souls 2 on hard mode.

    Over the course of the past month I inched my way forward. I'd usually end up beating a boss or two per day, once I grinded up my soul level high enough and had enough DPS to overwhelm the boss in question. I went with a heavy mage build, casting soul arrows in Drangleic armor and poking bosses to death with my magic rapier. I looked cool and felt cool.

    It was also a point of pride for me that my first DS2 run ever was in the Company of Champions. That I would be beating my first playthrough of the game on hard mode, was cool, and a good reason to throw everything that I had at my disposal back at the game. Dark Souls 2 was throwing everything at me, and I was returning the favor.

    I made it to the endgame this way. I beat the Giant Lord, and was ready to march into the Throne of Want to take on the final boss gauntlet.

    But then I ran flat up against a wall.

    I lost against the Throne Watcher and Defender of all people. I thought that I would breeze past them and that my real concern for the final boss gauntlet was Aldia. I had taken on the Smelter Demon, The Belfry Gargoyle Gank, and even Vendrick, but I lost my patience against two bosses that people gave such a little shit about that the developers didn't name them.

    Even with a magic ice rapier I picked up from the DLC, buffed with crystal magic weapon and poking from behind the King's Shield I wasn't able to do it. They killed be before I was able to kill them. Aggressively approaching it or playing defensively, I wasn't able to do it, and my patience to reach the end was getting thin.

    (Sidenote: Whoever decided that the Throne Watcher and Defender could revive each other to full health deserves to be shot with a covid vaccine for their hard work. Same to whoever put the instant death pit in the final boss room.)

    I knew that there were phantoms who could help me, phantoms that I couldn't see because I was in the Company of Champions, but I was trying to finish the game as I had started. I had pride that I would finish as strong as I started. That I would do this and have the bragging rights of beating Dark Souls 2 on hard mode for my first playthrough

    But one hundred-ish deaths and a full day burned away later, and I threw my pride out the nearest window, abandoned the Company, and engaged in some jolly cooperation.

    Bradley, Vengarl, Benhart, and I walked into the throne and split the two bosses 3-1. It was relieving to just wail on the Watcher without having to manage two attack patterns.

    Once bootleg Ornstein and Smough were disposed of, the rest of the boss battle went smoothly. The party disposed of half of Nashandra's healthbar by the time I sprinted over, and Aldia was easy after three bodies softened him up for me.

    After walking away from the throne and rolling the credits, I thought over how my playthrough had ended. I felt a little bad for chickening out but actually did have a little bit of fun with fighting alongside summons, even if they were NPCs. Its sad that I didn't stick that initial plan of making it all the way through, but at least I still got a story to tell out of it.

    I rejoined the Company after returning to Majula, and will soon make up for not sticking it out by taking on the DLC's in the Company's Covenant.

    Oh boy this is going to be fun.

    submitted by /u/Leeroy8138
    [link] [comments]

    the words "i dont see how i can fuck this up" came out right as i fell in the hole.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:35 PM PST

    I finally beat Raime!!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Body text.

    submitted by /u/TheLonelyGod01
    [link] [comments]

    Help with pyromancy stats? How do faith and intelligence affect Pyro damage?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:21 PM PST

    So I already have a big brain 60 int caster. I read on the wiki that as long as faith and intelligence equal 60 its at max damage. I was just wondering if there's a perfect mix of int and faith? Like does 50 int and 10 fth do the same as 50 int? Does it work like hexes where 30/30 is best? Does the fire bonus work into it? Thanks for any advice/help fellow cursed undead.

    submitted by /u/Kronic_kushiva
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic Invasions

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:43 PM PST

    I was invading in Earthen Peak like rude person. Found a host. They hadn't burned the windmill yet for the boss room and other poison and were near the boss room. I lead them back to it and showed them a torch for it and they burned it. He killed me after but hey, wholesome invader moments, amiright?

    submitted by /u/Paarun
    [link] [comments]

    So me and a random cleared the area before smelter demon and killed smelter demon with crossbows

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 10:52 AM PST

    Took us about 15 minutes but man was it awesome if your on here I commend you

    submitted by /u/heslopkaleb
    [link] [comments]

    Lordran and Drangleic share the same general geography

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:28 PM PST

    Lordran and Drangleic share the same general geography

    This is for people who continue to this day to argue that Drangleic and Lordran are very very far apart. Although I wouldn't say the castle of Drangleic is EXACTLY where Anor Londo stood, I can say with utmost confidence that it's the same general location.

    This statue of the Nameless King is UNTOUCHED and IDENTICAL in both games, with the steps and the hands of the statue in the same position.The fact that the First Flame stands in the Throne of Want is enough to prove this, but this statue proves it as well.

    Small things like Brightstone having crystals before seeing a MASSIVE dragon with a spider who holds Seath's soul imply it as well.Perhaps it is an alternate Lordran, or perhaps the preservation of Anor Londo in Dark Souls 3 has to do with the cosmic imbalance the Earth is experiencing after EONS of disturbing the balance of the world by linking the flame nonstop.

    Dark Souls 1

    But I will say that all 3 games share the same geography. 3 is tricky though, since time is convoluted or whatever the fuck.

    Dark Souls 2

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/said04
    [link] [comments]

    Can grey spirit invasions spawn enemies?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:14 PM PST

    I was wanting to do some pvp in Belfry Sol so I went through and cleared out all the enemies then waited for the first invasion. First grey spirit invades and we have a good clean fight and I only just won. Shortly after the second grey spirit invades and it's a fair fight too, until they drop to half health. They ran away at this point so I just sat there until they came back but they never did so I went looking for them. I found them in the narrow alley next to the lever. I decided just to get it over with but as we were fighting 3 of those little gnome guys jump me from behind and kill me instantly. Where the hell did they come from? I completely cleared out all the enemies and there was nothing in that area when I was looking for the guy. Is it a thing bell keepers can do that I've never noticed all these years?

    TLDR: guy invades, enemies respawn behind me. I die, invader taunts.

    Sorry if it's long winded but I wanted to be detailed just in case I missed something.

    submitted by /u/Eyeball9001
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it ! I have been trying to get to these 2 cats for so long with like 2 other characters and I would allways lose on the way to the boss and give up, but this time I did it, the Pursuer cosplay build ended up being the first build to reach the boss, and beat it first try ! im lv 149

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 06:30 PM PST

    I was finally going to do an archer build...

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:39 PM PST

    ...and the spear wielding knight by the dragon in Heide's dropped a Heide Spear on first kill, so now I have two. Last time I went all the way to ng+1 to get two for a dual wield, only to find the knight by Sinner's Rise does not drop the spear in ng+1. I had to farm my ass off in Heide's to get that second spear. And boy was it nice. Now here I am at level 70 and it's not looking good for that archer playthrough!

    submitted by /u/throndse
    [link] [comments]

    Farming loyce souls

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:31 PM PST

    Is there an easier way to farm loyce souls? I've got all my farming gear but they still barely drop. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Zestyclose_Tip1265
    [link] [comments]

    How long everyone think it will take to stop all enemies from respawning?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 11:12 AM PST

    Yes I'm going to do it, I hate myself enough

    submitted by /u/Bloodwolf_100
    [link] [comments]

    Items not appearing

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:06 PM PST

    Ever since I started playing in the frozen Eleum picked up items don't show up in my inventory. They're there but invisible I guess

    submitted by /u/casterblubeard
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tell me why a lot of people hate dark souls 2?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:02 PM PST

    So I've been playing ds2 for a while and it's pretty good and one of my most favorites but I'm pretty confused at why a lot of people don't like it because the bosses are meh but the areas are pretty cool and dragletic castle was awesome to. So can you explain why a lot of people don;t like it?

    submitted by /u/Lifekindasucx
    [link] [comments]

    Hello, I'm doing a Pursuer cosplay and recently all my gear got broken. Is it just me or does it end up looking more like the Pursuer in this state ? and if so do I dare to play the game like this xd ? Also is the arrow thing on the back making it look more similar ?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:25 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment