• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    Dark Souls Just saved solaire in dumbest way when I thought he was doomed

    Dark Souls Just saved solaire in dumbest way when I thought he was doomed


    Just saved solaire in dumbest way when I thought he was doomed

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:36 PM PST

    So I got to lost izalith after beating the centipede demon and accidentally talked to him. I realized that if you agro an npc however, they stay in the same place trying to kill you (like lautrec). So I smacked him, ran my ass back up the centipede area where he didn't follow, went all the way to the door and poisoned the maggot. Then pardoned my sins and he dodnt go insane or get bug-headed. So I guess ....violence is the answer?

    submitted by /u/Vergildevilslayer101
    [link] [comments]

    I Want to Write a Book About Dark Souls

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:31 PM PST

    It'll either be called 'Tales of the Blighttown Ladder Gang' or 'The Ladder Morons'. The story will be about these stupid fuckin mutants who absolutely love to play on rickety ladders. They climb up the ladders and then immediately slide down the ladders. There's also gonna be a sexually frustrated knight in the book that tries to swipe the mutants but they just keep goin up and down the ladders as they laugh hysterically at him. The climax is the best part... Eventually the knight takes an epic leap of faith for a plunging attack but ultimately falls to his death. In the end, he is resurrected a hollow with post traumatic stress disorder because of ladders. He spends the rest of his hollow life on his knees, in one sole place, begging the Gods for mercy from his torment...

    The End.

    submitted by /u/socioeconopath
    [link] [comments]

    Who was the loremaster before the rise of Vaati?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:15 AM PST

    I'm fairly certain there was another name that was much more popular before Vaati became a hit due to his Prepare to Cry series. Was it ENB?

    Edit : thanks all! ENB!

    Edit 2 : Wait, what happened to all his lore videos?!

    submitted by /u/SoulsBorNioKiro
    [link] [comments]

    the one hit dude with the giant slab at the bottom of the tower is just insane

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:14 AM PST

    always been so cool and scary at the same time...

    submitted by /u/International-Art776
    [link] [comments]

    I picked the master key for my first playthrough, should I restart?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:32 AM PST

    First of all I know I'm late to dark souls, but I recently got back into gaming and wanted to catch up on games I missed. anyway, I see people saying the master key is bad for beginners, I'm only at the first bonfire in undead burg, should I restart or keep going?

    Thanks alot r/darksouls, I wasn't expecting answers this fast!

    submitted by /u/DougieJones315
    [link] [comments]

    A bit of a Dark Souls Appreciation from someone who never wanted to play it

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:02 AM PST

    So I've never played Dark Souls before as I get easily frustrated by games. However I run a Youtube gaming channel and someone said 'I have to play it, you'll hate it, but love it' and boy were they right. I originally planned just to play the first one remastered for my channel and never touch them again.

    Now I can't decide or wait to play 2, 3, demons souls and Bloodbourne as well as try #1 again with a different class. I've never played a game where you can go in the wrong direction and die for hours on end just to be told that I needed to use a key on a random door I would never have guessed. It's one of the most rewarding yet frustrating games I've ever played and yet I completely love it.

    If someone happens to stumble onto this post who reads this and is debating trying it, or thinks it's not their kind of game, you should definitely give it a go

    submitted by /u/NewDengs
    [link] [comments]

    Fromsoftware should make a Soulsborne game about Dantes Inferno

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:38 AM PST

    Imagine it. Travelling through the rings of hell to Dis and to fight Lucifer who is encased in a lake of ice. I can already see it, the grand hellscapes in 8k, the horseback riding, great mythical ruins and castles in the hellscape. Sounds like a great idea.

    submitted by /u/Spud482
    [link] [comments]

    What was your hate to love turning point?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:01 AM PST

    Many people have a point in their first darksouls game when they go from hating everything, to falling in love with almost allof it. If you had such a moment, share!

    Mine was when I first found a secret, I love secrets in games. The difficulty was the challenge for a reward, loving the battling itself came naturaly after that. I got obsessed after pluging into the lore.

    submitted by /u/8956092cvdfvb
    [link] [comments]

    the snake-like dude that falls asleep at one point of the game gives me nightmares after years still...

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:18 AM PST

    truly does. About once a month...

    submitted by /u/International-Art776
    [link] [comments]

    Just Beat Dark Souls Remastered, Straight Sword Hilt Only Run!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:07 AM PST

    Just took me roughly over 11 hours to complete. (Who thought this would be a good idea.)

    Just wanted to share this moment, I haven't been this pumped since I beat my first playthrough back in 2017. Mad respect to those who have done this without being hit.

    If anyone else feels like attempting this challenge feel free to ask any questions and I'll give my unprofessional advice. 👍

    submitted by /u/cdbrahh
    [link] [comments]

    im new to darksouls

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:13 AM PST

    why are humans so skinny?

    submitted by /u/YudieM8
    [link] [comments]

    What level should I be for Valley of the Drakes?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:49 AM PST

    I'm level 62 which I thought would be way more than high enough but my sword was doing almost no damage to the first dragon guy with the lightning breath and he killed me. I have a Black Knight Sword +1.

    submitted by /u/MeBlu42
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding dark souls youtuber

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:57 AM PST

    I've been looking for a dark souls youtuber that I havent watched in a long time, but I cant remember the name of his channel. He did commentary while fighting in pvp. He did a lot of weird stuff like a shit themed biuld or thicc biulds. He also had a deep voice and a profile of orienstien holding coffee.

    submitted by /u/BudtheC-H-U-D
    [link] [comments]

    Discussing Kaathe and Frampt

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:48 AM PST

    This pair of primordial serpents are two of the most interesting characters in the entire dark souls series. They are major players throughout the games, with Kaathe being the primary driving force behind dark souls 3 usurpation of fire ending. However, one of the most peculiar scenes in all of dark souls is when Kaathe and Frampt both bow to you in the age of dark ending. Why would Frampt, who so steadfastly opposed the age of dark, welcome the coming of the dark lord?

    First, I want to take a look at Frampt's role in the first game. It's fairly well known at this point that the prophecy of the chosen undead is a sham created by the gods to find someone worthy of linking the fire. The bells of awakening exist to make sure the character knows what they're doing, before being sent off to Anor Londo to retrieve the lord vessel. Our character is not the first to go to Anor Londo, but they are the first to return with the lordvessel. Frampt tells us this himself.

    'Those who seek the Realm of Lords must brave Sen's Fortress, a deadly house of traps. Many have gone before you, but none have returned. Fate has chosen you, but proceed with caution.'

    One of his most interesting lines of dialogue is however.

    'Heavens! You have done it! You have retrieved the Lordvessel! After a thousand years! It is you, it is really you! Hraaaoogggh! ... Forgive me. I really should calm down. Now, let us take that vessel on a journey. I assume you are ready. Now, be still'

    This tells us a few things. First of all, it is extremely surprising to Frampt that we have retrieved the lordvessel. No one has gotten this far before, which isn't surprising considering well...(Insert Ornstein and Smough death compilation here).

    But it tells us something else. Note the line 'It is you, it is really you!' This tells us that Frampt thinks we are the chosen undead. But like I said before, is the prophecy of the chosen undead really a real thing? Most likely not. But Frampt seems to think it is. This is our first indication that Frampt isn't as knowledgeable as he seems.

    A lot of theories seem to think that Frampt manipulated Gwyn, or that Frampt and Kaathe are working together for a secret agenda. But I disagree. I think Gwyn manipulated Frampt.

    If Framot thinks the prophecy of the chosen undead is true, it tells us that he us not as close to the gods as he thought.

    Let's have a look at primordial serpents as a whole. All the primordial serpents we have seen welcomed the age of dark when it arrived, and we know Kaathe actively promoted the spread of the abyss. Only Frampt showed any opposition to the spread of the age of dark.

    The location of the primordial serpents is also quite interesting. Kaathe is found in the abyss, whereas frampt is found in firelink shrine. Of course, the other primordial serpents are not seen at all. If you think about how hidden the pro dark serpents are, it gives us the idea that they were living in hiding. Perhaps the serpents are a top tier target for the gods? This makes Frampt's location even more peculiar. He is on firelink shrine, which was presumably built to accommodate the linking of the fire as it name suggests.

    Surely the gods would want to make sure such a location is secure? The would not let anyone set up shop in such an important place to their plans.

    We know that the gods in dark souls have a habit of letting other people do their work for them. Only Gwyndolin remains in Anor Londo during the events of dark souls 1, and considering the fact that he is Gwyn's lastborn son he is likely not extremely important in the hierarchy of the gods. Frampt could be another one of their unwitting pawns.

    Kaathe tells us that Frampt 'lost his senses'. The fact he says this specifically is another indication that Frampt isn't a major player.

    My theory is that the Primordial serpents all worked towards the creation of the age of dark. Frampt was deceived by the gods into working with them, and convinced that the prophecy of the chosen undead was real. He was instructed to wait at firelink shrine, and told that the true chosen undead would be one who retrieved the lordvessel.

    Meanwhile, the other primordial serpents were pushed into hiding by the gods. Only when the age of fire went into decline did one of the serpents, Kaathe, start propagating the spread of the dark, causing the abyss causing the abyss to spread in new londo and oolacile.

    This takes us up to the events of the game. Three scenarios are possible here.

    Firstly, the player meets Frampt, agrees to kill gwyn and link the fire. Age of fire is extended.

    Secondly, the player meets Kaathe first and begins the age of dark.

    Thirdly the player alienates both of them and places the lordvessel alone.

    In all of these scenarios the other serpent disappears because the other player has associated with the other serpent or placed the lordvessel. Kaathe refuses to meet the player if they have associated with Frampt because he fears the player will betray them.

    If either of the serpents see that the lordvessel has been placed without them they immediately fear that the other serpent is at work and disappear.

    This leaves one last question. Why does Frampt bow to the player in the age of dark ending? I think the answer is quite simple. Frampt sees that the times are changing and decides to rejoin his fellow primordial serpents in the age of dark.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/thirtyfiveandahalf
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the overarching goal after beating Ornstein and Smough?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:34 AM PST

    I feel like up to this point the game gave you a clear sense of direction. First it's ring the two bells, and after the 2nd is rung, you have a cut scene to the opening of sen's fortress prompting you to go there. Then once you beat the boss there you get transported to anor Londo. But now I'm confused what the overarching goal is?

    After beating ornstein and smough and speaking to gwynevette, I went to the catacombs, transported out when I got to the tomb of the giants, and then afterwards beat priscilla and then gwyndolin. I just went around areas that I hadn't explored yet but I'm confused on what I'm supposed to be doing now.

    submitted by /u/Urshifu_King
    [link] [comments]

    Backup Weapon

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:31 AM PST

    I've got the Lordvessel, slain Sif, and I'm headed down to New Londo. I've got fully-upgraded Quelaag's Furysword, which nets some pretty decent fire damage.

    The issue is, I assume I'll encounter enemies immune to fire at some point. In that situation, what might make the best backup weapon, similar to the Furysword, with a different damage type?

    Edit: I do have a +10 Uchigatana, but I was looking for something a little more... supernatural

    submitted by /u/PrinceProspero9
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny rat in the depths

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:28 PM PST

    So I noticed a small and I mean tiny rat the will run away super fast while I was playing the other day, I tried killing it a few times but can't catch it.

    Is it just a rat? Do you get anything from killing it? Can you kill it? I can't even clip it, it's that fast.

    submitted by /u/-w-o-r-d-s-
    [link] [comments]

    Siegmeyer of Catarina isn't asking for clumps

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:31 AM PST

    He is in BT near the slugs and he won't ask for clumps. I already freed his daughter. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/MonthOLDpickle
    [link] [comments]

    Just killed sif

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:38 PM PST

    That's was mega sad

    submitted by /u/zohariko75
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my SL1 run... bit of advice for others!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:24 PM PST

    Black Flame staggers Gwyn in two hits. That is all.

    Honestly, did my end run on the final three bosses tonight. Kalameet took more than I expected, Manus took fewer than I planned, and Gwyn... my parrying was serviceable but I always struggled to get the third Great Combustion off to stagger. After several tries of getting one hit away and failing to over eagerness in the scramble, I finally pulled Black Flame off reserve to damage test... and then beat him without hardly trying on that damage test.

    This has been an exhilarating ride and I'm so happy I finally knocked this one out. On to DS2!

    submitted by /u/Jack_Empty
    [link] [comments]

    My emotional roller-coaster at the Anor Londo Archers... xD

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:16 AM PST

    Twitch Clip! Sorry, I had to post this somewhere!

    submitted by /u/Captain_Greytop
    [link] [comments]

    Siegmeyer won’t leave Firelink

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:14 AM PST

    Killed the silver knights in Anor Londo for him, met him back in Firelink and spoke to him, he told me he'd be heading down below soon. But no matter how much I reload, he just stays there. I've even killed Seath, Gwyndolin, and Priscilla - and he's still in Firelink, telling me he'll be leaving soon. Is he bugged?

    submitted by /u/PvtLongDong
    [link] [comments]

    Black Knight fanart [gonvalhector - DeviantArt]

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:23 AM PST

    Gwyn

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:49 PM PST

    Can suck my dick

    (That is all)

    submitted by /u/Hyperspeed430X
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment