• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 2, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Subreddit Update - New Rules & More [2/20/2021]

    Dark Souls 2 Subreddit Update - New Rules & More [2/20/2021]


    Subreddit Update - New Rules & More [2/20/2021]

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 07:02 AM PST

    At the time of posting this announcement we are making several changes around the subreddit for both new Reddit and old Reddit, so if you don't see any of the changes below, please wait a few minutes and try refreshing the page.

    Hi all, we are changing several of the Community Rules, below you can read what rules have been added, rewritten, or taken away!


    Rules that have been removed.

    • Please direct mod-related discussion and posts to /r/modsouls or /r/DarkSoulsMods. - We are opening up discussion on mods, so long as they do not negatively affect others.
    • Please adhere to Reddit's guidelines on self promotion. - We've opted for a completely different approach on self-promo submissions.
    • No image macros, memes, or rage posts. - Memes are now a welcome submission to the sub (with some restrictions), rage posts will still be removed.
    • Low-effort content may be removed. - This rule was much too subjective to enforce consistently, what one person considers "low-effort" is not the same as what another might.

    Rules that have been rewritten.

    • 'Please be respectful.' and 'No racist, sexist, or homophobic language.' have been combined into one rule: Please be respectful, adhere to Reddiquette.
    • 'No witch-hunting.' has been rewritten to: Refrain from submitting private info.
    • 'Do not discuss cheats.' has been rewritten to: Do not discuss cheats or mods that negatively affect online play.

    Rules that have been added.

    • Self promotion posts are allowed once per week. - You are only permitted one self promotion post per week. In addition, moderators may remove content that they believe does not need promotion here (ex. - a post sharing a large youtuber's new video).
    • Memes, screenshots, video clips, and fan art should follow the subreddit guidelines. - Refer to the full guidelines. All submissions should show some degree of user effort.
    • No explicit karma farming, trolling, or rage posts.

    We are excited to be bringing these new rules to /r/DarkSouls2, we hope that they will be enjoyed here as much as they have been in /r/bloodborne and /r/demonssouls! Return to Drangleic will be starting very soon (announcement post coming within the next few hours!), and these new rules will help us all to enjoy the annual exodus back to the once-great kingdom that much more! \`[T] /


    Related Resources

    May you find peace on your journey.

    submitted by /u/SammieAgnes
    [link] [comments]

    Basilisk AI error: Basilisks can perform rear attacks, but they face the wrong way while performing them

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:10 AM PST

    All this blue activity makes waiting on afk hosts more fun

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 03:19 AM PST

    Justa grindin away ��

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:06 PM PST

    A little theory of me about Tark

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:04 AM PST

    So, as I got back in for RtD, I went to Tark. And this time I decided to pay some more attention to his words. He speaks of a master that "created us a long time ago" and who "went mad" and "in the end, he never found out what was that he truly lacked". At first I thought that obviously it was Aldia that he was reffering to.... and then I remembered another character that drove himself mad and experimented with people, creating monsters: Seath. Seath made the Picasas, the octopussy (yes, it's a refference, feel free to guess) women in the archives. Seath also drove himself mad in his search for immortality, because he lacked scales. A bit that reinforces this belief is that when you kill Freja, and go speak to him, he thanks you for putting his master to rest. Makes you think of Aldia, right? Well, sure, it seems that way until you go to NG+ and kill Freja and get the Paledrake soul. With that, we maybe can enstablish that Tark's master was Seath.

    But the theory of mine isn't about who Tark's master was; it's about who Tark was. And my hypothesis, although kinda obvious... is that Tark was Tarkus from Ds1. Think about it; Tarkus helps us, moments before we enter Anor Londo, and then soon after we find a hollowed, decayed corpse with his armor on the floor of the church. But it's impossible for Tarkus, a robust, giant knight to shrivel up and hollow so much after one death.

    My interpretation of the events is as follows; Tarkus, in his timeline, helped us defeat to defeat the golem weeks, if not months or years before we find "his" corpse in the church. Seath, who quite possibly has some people in the church that houses his daughter's samctuary, had the corpse or part of it transported to his place without the armor. This would explain why we find the armor there. Then, Seath, in the meantime until our timeline converges again with Tarkus's, at which point we find his armor, has Tatkus expiremented on. Tarkus was brought back as Tark, the manscorpion hybrid. This can be supported by his large human part's physique, which is quite similar to Tarkus, the fact that Tark can understand humans and that when he introduces his name, although faintly, you can hear his voice lightly cut off, as if he cannot remember the rest of his name. And this, along with the fact that he can understand human speech but not reproduce it, can be explained by a simple fact. Tarkus was dead. He, in fact, died by a large fall. His body was probably damaged quite a bit. The memories of a person are just electric signals. Remember Wolverine and Deadpool? They surely can recover the damaged tissue of their brain, but the electric signals housing their memories cannot be replicated. Tark was dead. He might not have been dead long enough to lose everything, but he lost most bits.

    The final bit however is the most convincing for me. Tark is undeniably very old. Like, very, very, very, very old, if Seath is indeed his master. Older than the 4 Great Ones we fight. Shalqoir says they are so old that no one remembers their names. Now, take a step back and think about it; do we have any idea how long has it been since the ds1 events? This might give us an idea. Alexander the great lived 2350 years ago, roughly. But most of the people in this world know about Alexander the great. But, the Iron King, a ruthless and power hungry conqueror is forgotten? Sure, he may not have been as widespread. But it still would have taken over a 1000 years until all memory of him was gone. And of course the Iron King didn't just pop out the moment Gwyn was killed. The Iron King was older than Vendrick, at the very least, considering that a)Melentia was around to witness the fight with the Giants but hasn't gone hollow yet and b) the Syan knights clearly haven't gone hollow yet, considering which miracles against hollows don't work on them.

    That timeframe would be ideal for Tark(us) to slowly lose most of his remaining memories just like Najka's reason fizzled out. Of course, I might be wrong and this theory all bogus, but you never know!

    submitted by /u/TheFnafManiac
    [link] [comments]

    Was just about to log in and then noticed my time played. What are the chances?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:47 PM PST

    hang in there, skeleton

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:28 AM PST

    Anyone playing Xbox 360 version?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:41 AM PST

    Pure l̶u̶c̶k̶ skill

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:12 PM PST

    Any PSN bros disappointed at the lack of CO-OP/summons?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:06 AM PST

    After the cardinal tower bonfire, the Co-op kinda dies down in my experience. I do get a few summon here and there but ultimately it's still a long wait which is a drag. I might just reinstall it on Steam because I am hearing that they have it quite good there at least.

    submitted by /u/Bukalaka
    [link] [comments]

    Loving Return to Drangleic.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:37 AM PST

    In the past few days I've had the best dark souls pvp experiences I've ever had. I get invaded and I invade, every 1v1 fight has been intense and engaging. I win some and lose a lot. Co-op has even been great. No matter what the outcome it's been a great experience.

    Thanks to whoever organized this event.

    submitted by /u/Sufficient-Look2906
    [link] [comments]

    This game has such a great way of making you feel like a great hero

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:02 AM PST

    Fighting a noble cause, to end the curse. Is there any other game that has such an epic feeling to it?

    submitted by /u/plastic-watering-can
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Alonne in a Nutshell

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:05 PM PST

    Seeing this guy for the first time in DS2 made my heart sink. I hate it

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:32 PM PST

    Return to Drangleic!!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:21 AM PST

    Hey fellow lost hollowed!

    I've been playing and streaming Dark Souls 2 for the first time in 6 years, it's fun to be back! Since I'm fairly new to being back and I've had a fellow vet accomplice helping me through the tough times, I thought I'd just post to let you know I stream everyday and if you want to watch an old souls player get bested by the very game he used to love. I've overcome the trials of the old witch the Lost Sinner and I'm about to tackle the belfry gargoyles!

    If you want to watch or wish me luck I'm streaming shortly and my handle is: Twitch.tv/Lautrecdoyle

    Best of luck to you all in the Return to Drangleic, Seek Strength and Rest Will Follow.

    submitted by /u/Lautrecdoyle
    [link] [comments]

    A flashback about my first co-op experience

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:07 AM PST

    So, this is an old story, but the Back to Drangleic event made me remember.

    DS2 was my very first game and needless to say, I was the basic rookie player with almost 0 understanding of the gameplay yet. After the Ruin Sentinels I was totally exhausted (sheesh, exhausted? They humbled me, broke my pride and dignity xD) and felt like I cannot deal with another hellish zone like Lost Bastille was for me, so I took a break at the next bonfire, then saw a soapstone sign on the floor. I didn't quite understand the game mechanics at this point yet, but I took it as a warning: "oh look, an NPC sign, the next area will be hell probably, better use this opportunity then!". So I summoned and the good shade literally carried my ass. He helped me with the two Pursuer encounters, showed me all the illusiory walls and you know, he guided me through the rest of Lost Bastille and helped me to Sinner's Rise. This is when it clicked in that maybe he is not an NPC at all. So down on the elevator to the Lost Sinner, I emoted warcry to see if he emotes back - and he did! I felt so embarassed for being such a rookie, but he was also really patient and helpful, I couldn't thank him enough for his help. We defeated the Lost Sinner together... Well, I barely saw the boss's moveset because he carried my ass as I say, but anyway, with that the first Great Soul was embraced.

    Yesterday I arrived to that certain bonfire and after I spent hella amount of gameplay hours in the series and defeated the Lost Sinner on my own a few times, I thought that I'm ready to "repay" this debt. So if you see White Spectre at Servants' Quarters and you need a hand, feel free to summon me. I'll show the way around.

    Unless the Ruin Sentinels rekt me like they did yesterday. That was awkward. If the host is here, I'm sorry about that and I hope you got through with the rest of the team. :)

    submitted by /u/LexHCaulfield
    [link] [comments]

    Moonlight Greatsword Overhyped?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:03 AM PST

    *Should be Bluemoon Greatsword

    Looks amazing. But is it worth the whole quest line? Did someone say ——— bandit axe...

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ds1287
    [link] [comments]

    Urgent call for sunlight medals.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:40 PM PST

    I am nearly 100mil sm. I can help you or you help me pleaseeee.

    submitted by /u/Shanobian
    [link] [comments]

    Cooperation

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:24 AM PST

    Fought The Lost Sinner yesterday and for the first time got to summon another player to help me. It made the fight so fun honestly, I miss having a person to summon before bosses. Not cause I can't beat it alone but because it's more enjoyable to me having a random friend with me!

    submitted by /u/NightOwldepression
    [link] [comments]

    shitty cosplay event continues as kirito gamer and asuna gamer are reunited in heidi land. my life is completion

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:03 PM PST

    Need help with my first playthrough build

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:01 PM PST

    Good fight, dragonbro. RtD is great.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:14 PM PST

    DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Unoficial Group

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:15 AM PST

    Hello there, if you are a Steam user and perhaps uses the official group's chat system you know how usually is filled with spammers and there is no active moderators. Well we have created a group called: DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Unoficial

    It is a public group so anyone is free to join, the reason of this group is to make easier to publish events, create new pages, helpful guides, stories and also organize the chat room to prevent spamming either by humans or bots. I do love Dark Souls 2 and would love to see the community even more engaged on Steam without closing any borders, we also had the idea of hosting pvp and coop session on the weekends but that remains in the papers, anyway hope to see you there. Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/Gandalf_the_Wanderer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment