• Breaking News

    Friday, March 5, 2021

    Dark Souls Dying in Dark Souls is like getting scolded by the teacher you get on really well with

    Dark Souls Dying in Dark Souls is like getting scolded by the teacher you get on really well with


    Dying in Dark Souls is like getting scolded by the teacher you get on really well with

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:49 PM PST

    You get angry at first but quickly realise that you're the one who was wrong, you feel shame but know they didn't want to embarrass or humiliate you, they just want to see you be the best you can be. Dark Souls wants you to git gud more than anything else.

    submitted by /u/Johnnyw327
    [link] [comments]

    I kill smough, ornstein kills me. I kill ornstein, smough kills me.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/International-Art776
    [link] [comments]

    Good things happen in threes. Unless you play Darksouls

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:29 PM PST

    Damn Drakes tail whipped me of off the bridge with 80k souls.

    I go back and the smarmy bugger does it again.

    OK, that was my last ring of sacrifice down the chasm. No biggy. Surely this pumped up wannabe dragon can't pull this of a third time.

    Who am I kidding. Of course he did.

    submitted by /u/Spicy_Gynaecologist
    [link] [comments]

    I just want to play it for the first time again

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:06 PM PST

    I just beat seath, nito, boc, and Gwyn tonight on ng+2 and I can't stop playing it but I miss the wonder and excitement that came with exploring and conquering lordran for the first time

    submitted by /u/leg-oh-id
    [link] [comments]

    It took 12 years but I finally beat a Souls game

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:24 PM PST

    I preordered Demon Souls for PS3 back in the day and just couldn't do it. I picked up DS3 a year or so ago and promptly gave up on that too. When Remastered hit the Switch, I picked it up and tried again. I hit more than a few walls along the way. That first hydra in the basin, Blighttown in general, O&S, fuck everything about the Tomb of the Giants, what even was the Bed of Chaos? I knew Sif was coming and it still hurt.

    I've seen it said on here, and I just want to reiterate for anyone struggling like I did: you only truly fail when you stop trying. Anyway, Dark Souls 2 is almost done downloading. Am I doing it right?

    submitted by /u/melgib
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Shower Thought

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:18 PM PST

    Summoning another player to help with a boss or area you can't defeat is like the modern version of asking your older brother to take the controller.

    submitted by /u/jerekdeter626
    [link] [comments]

    I HAVE BEAT MANUS on SL1 no pyromancy only weapons/estus

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:46 AM PST

    While fighting I kept remembering Hawkeye Gough's words:

    Thy intent is to persevere... to the bitter end, hmm?

    And I did:

    https://imgur.com/a/tJBX3Gc

    Even though it took me >100 tries, I actually DID IT!!!

    All his magic was OHKO, and even worse dark circle which required me to master Silver Pendant's timing... In a win-run I used Pendant only once.

    That was AMAZING FEELING, heart race every time I was soo close, and in a win-run I actually stayed calm till the very last blow... And after that heart race began again but I its really calming to know that you actually win.

    His super-fast combo was easily blocked by Balder Shield after you do 2-3 footsteps from him while he roars and start blocking, you block 2 attacks and they push you backwards and 3rd attack won't hit you so you can easily head back from him.

    Battle with him reminded me of Sekiro, don't loose any chances to attack.

    equipment:

    • Jagged Ghost Blade +5
    • Balder Shield +12

    • Sorcerer Hat +10

    • Moonlight Robe

    • Brigand Gauntlets +7

    • Black Tights +5

    • Chloranthy Ring

    • Ring of Favor and Protection

    submitted by /u/Luanciel
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Kalameet on SL1 with only Jagged Ghost Blade and Balder Shield

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:14 AM PST

    Surprisingly my first try was good, since I barely remembered his movements.

    https://imgur.com/a/VF8YbWa

    After around 30 tries I win!! I haven't used anything except weapons and estus(even rarely sometimes). And I almost did a no damage win, but got a hit and PANIK...

    equipment:

    • Jagged Ghost Blade +5
    • Balder Shield +12

    • Sorcerer Hat +10

    • Moonlight Robe

    • Gauntlets of the Channelers

    • Black Tights +5

    • Chloranthy Ring

    • Ring of Favor and Protection

    This was really epic! Next Manus...

    submitted by /u/Luanciel
    [link] [comments]

    THE DARKROOT DEVIANT

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:00 PM PST

    If u happen to be running thru Darkroot garden and a man named Canes Chicken invades u wearing Chester's armor, just know ur time is limited on this earth. I will pursue u with the force of a thousand suns.

    EDIT: just invaded someone and got absolutely smoked so there's that

    submitted by /u/BeenanBornelius17
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat QUALAAG for the first time

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:43 AM PST

    I just beat chaos witch qualaag in only 2 attempts. She was surprisingly easy. Where to next?

    submitted by /u/Dammck
    [link] [comments]

    I am the only one who got immersed and actually enjoyed blighttown?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:47 PM PST

    It felt so dangerous and off, like really forgotten creatures, idk why people shit so much because of design or the consoles framerate at the time

    submitted by /u/1Falange1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else likes to redo the bosses after beating them?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:43 AM PST

    Afer I beat a boss, specially those that take me hours of training, I just feel like redoing the game just to do them again, anyone else has this feeling? If so, which boss?

    submitted by /u/zIdeiah
    [link] [comments]

    Knight Artorias boss fight is one of the best

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:27 AM PST

    I bought dark souls like a month ago at the urging of a friend. I was sceptical to it but im really enjoying it. Now im doing a dlc and i've just defetead Artorias. I honestly believe this is one of the best bosses in the game and here's why. Normally through the game you fight different types of bosses: some beasts and creatures mostly, well there was Ornstein and Smough i guess it was kinda different. But there weren't any knight boss fights. That's why I enjoyed this fight with Artorias so much. Finally an opponent almost like us, with very interesting combinations of attacks. The soundtrack is also a masterpiece: kinda gloomy but exciting. And looking at the lore it's a well written story: a fallen knight who tried his best but failed, in the end protecting his companion and getting corrupted by the Abyss. In the end it's a good boss with sad story, and I really enjoyed this challenge.

    submitted by /u/Icy_Comanderini
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I always getting invaded meteres before entering O&S?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:29 AM PST

    This is the 6th time in a row I get invaded just before walking into O&S. The worst thing is my internet is so slow at the moment I'll be getting hit by the invader when (what looks like to me) I'm no where there them. I even had an invader who took out someone helping me, the NPC and me.....

    I'm gunna play off line for a bit haha

    submitted by /u/stirringash
    [link] [comments]

    Little pvp rant : How the f*ck can people always backstab you even though they're right in front of you/slightly on the side?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:43 PM PST

    So I'm starting to think pvp is just plain bad. I'll admit that I'm not particularly build up for it and mostly did pve but still I was eager to just try some pvp in DS:R. After 30 fights in Oolacile, I come back from my experience with 2 things mainly:

    1. People only do backstabbing. Most of the time there ain't no weapon swinging, just circling around you until they get 1 inch to your side and are automatically able to do a backstab, how the f*ck is that even possible or normal? Most weapon attacks and spell are totally useless because of how quick they can get the backstab. I even tried it myself and even though some had heavy weapons that gave me time to position I still never could land a backstab unless I was right in the back of the person and even then the timing was SO short before the person could just roll away it's astonishing.

    2. People who don't do backstab just main bleeding weapons and giant set/mask of the father and never get poise break.

    Is that what the pvp is all about? Either one or the other? I played all the Dark Souls and Bloodborne multiple times, soloing bosses as much as I could, I also know how to parry efficiently but still never really got into pvp. I wouldn't say my experience today was thorough (even though I did played a lot of matches as an invader/phantom) but honestly this just has to be the worst pvp experience I've ever had in a game. I tried switching gear/spell/ring but never could place a victory fair and square, always got backstab or bleeded out.

    Am I just bad or is it really just a matter of having the right build otherwise it's unplayable? Just rather know if I should give up now on pvp since my character is already high level.

    EDIT: After speaking with people for a while I decided to jump back into it just to familiarize myself with the tips and everything and it wasn't SO bad. Still think the latency is a major pain factor in intense combats like that, particularly with how easy it is to abuse the backstab mechanic. I've felt frustrated a couple times too (like rolling through dark beads without taking damage then getting the damage added to me 2 full seconds after I'm done with the roll was not fun) but most people were nice and waited for me to buff up so I got that going for me which is nice. Anyway, thanks for the support, sorry for the rant, eager to try pvp in DS 3! :D

    submitted by /u/kasabian-7
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck at Skeleton Area

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:49 AM PST

    I am playing this game first time, I just beat Gargyoles boss and hit the bell and decided to check the skeleton area. I jumped into ledges and fell into an area with wheels that chase me but i reached the wheel pin boss and killed it and it was easy so i kept going. Now i am at a tomb of skeletons and all enemies one shot me. I ran through them and went down some coffins and found a bonfire but i dont know where to go next, can someone tell me what to do?

    submitted by /u/Captain_Beemo_
    [link] [comments]

    rock dude crushes me from side. I am barely surviving the swamp even without him...

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:09 AM PST

    Is there a gear that makes movement in swamp easy?

    submitted by /u/International-Art776
    [link] [comments]

    can someone drop me a silver knight sword?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:35 AM PST

    i have 30 humanity abd the covetous gold serpent ring but no luck........

    i have been trying for 1 hour but nothing

    i want to platinum the game but the drop rate seems like 00000,1% or something

    please save me some time and drop me one. Thank you

    (i dont have anything valuable for trade)

    submitted by /u/vagg009
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone noticed the birds singing?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:10 PM PST

    I just happened to quit out of my last game on the stone bridge to the right of the church in undead parish. I log back in and there are birds singing. I'm glad that there's something still alive in this world.

    submitted by /u/emptyminder
    [link] [comments]

    Help me spicing up my Zweihander build

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:28 AM PST

    Hi! I'm in my first playthrough but I'm not completely blind due to years of youtube gameplays.

    I've beaten tauros, capra, depths dragon, hydra, and butterfly.

    I've used almost only the Zweihander (now +6), except for the capra demon, which i killed with halberd+2 and shield.

    Now i have the 24 strength required for 1-handed Zweihander and I'd like to spice my build up with some magic. I don't know how magic works apart that you need a catalyst and attunement slots....

    What "school" of magic could synergyze with my build?

    submitted by /u/Nicochan3
    [link] [comments]

    Am I playing wrong with no multiplayer?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:21 AM PST

    First time ever playing a soulsborne w/ DSR and I love it.

    I've been playing the whole thing through hollowed because I guess when I started I felt that it was mainly a single player experience and more true to the game to not summon for help or have people raiding me. I'm enjoying it a lot. Currently due to get the last of the 4 of the lord souls (bed of chaos) so I'm a fair way through and have not really engaged in multiplayer at all. I reverse hollowed once to kindle a bonfire in Duke's Archives but that's it.

    Am I doing myself a disservice? I try to avoid spoilers as much as possible but I can't deny that this sub/the wiki has gotten me through a couple of confusing boss fights (looking at you, Seath) and I always see you guys talkng about losing your humanity and I think to myself.. I never use my humanity.

    Am I missing out??

    submitted by /u/crunchybunion
    [link] [comments]

    Replayable Masterpiece

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:20 PM PST

    So, I beat the original dark souls 1 for the xbox 360. No patches(I very rarely connect my 360 to the internet, so I don't think I have a single update), no dlc. I loved it. It was an immensely frustrating experience, but so gratifying once I got to the credits screen. An experience like none another. Now, I've the opportunity to play Dark Souls remastered on the switch. Every update, every dlc. and I'm STILL loving it. It feels exactly like when I was playing it for the first time(except now I have WAY more knowledge and experience, making it far less frustrating).

    Point is... Dark Souls is endlessly replayable.

    submitted by /u/MassiveSail1775
    [link] [comments]

    Did you kill Smough or Ornstein first? And why?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:58 AM PST

    For me it was Ornstein because I wanted Smoughs Armor

    submitted by /u/Olimar_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    I’m overwhelmed with how amazing this game has been and I have no one to geek out with

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:08 PM PST

    I'm the last of my friend group who's actually played the soulsborne games and I'm absolutely obsessed.

    I played Bloodborne, then Dark Souls 3, then Demons Souls Remake and now I'm on the DLC bosses of Dark Souls with Gwyn left after that.

    I'm so excited to tackle these but I can't believe it's almost over.

    What am I supposed to even play after I inevitably buy and complete Sekiro and Dark Souls 2?

    There's not much reason to this post, I just feel like I'm bottling up all this love and joy I've been experiencing with these games and I want to get it all out

    submitted by /u/htran4179
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment