• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 28, 2021

    Dark Souls caught my little brother playing dark souls

    Dark Souls caught my little brother playing dark souls


    caught my little brother playing dark souls

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    my brother is 13 so he's at that age where he hates his big sister and everything I like. he knows dark souls is my favorite game and for a few years now he hasn't missed an opportunity to comment on how bad of a game it is and how he'd never play it.

    anyway, I've been trying to connect with him a little more because I do love him very much. lately I've noticed that the dark souls disc is in the Xbox when I haven't been playing it. I decided not to say anything, and earlier today he sheepishly entered the room to ask me for advice. I spent some time giving him tips and guiding him through the game, and afterwards he asked if I wanted to play minecraft (his favorite game) with him.

    it's the first quality time I've spent with him in ages, I'm so happy rn. he's not a very verbal person so I think engaging in the media he knows I like is his way of trying to connect with me, despite how much difficulty he's having with it. anyway I guess I just wanted to share. thanks dark souls.

    UPDATE: he just came in to tell me he beat the first titanite demon ("amputee demon") I'm very proud

    submitted by /u/homowithoutsapiens
    [link] [comments]

    It took me a long time to realize just why Ceaseless Discharge is so funny. (Spoilers: DS Boss death)

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    Most of us know the cheese strat for Ceaseless, but for anyone who doesn't, once he awakens you just run back to the fog gate and he'll swing his arm at you and stay idle. You can then attack his hand til he dies.

    The reason this is hilarious to me, is because he fucking falls. He's literally falling off the cliff and grabs onto the ledge you're on to try and stop him, and you just start whacking his fingers until he falls to his death, and I legitimately did NOT realize this for the longest time. He does because he's clumsy as fuck

    submitted by /u/PonkingtonHeights
    [link] [comments]

    “I hate poison”

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    Quote from my little brother who just started playing this game. I finally got him to play dark souls remastered, he's on his way to ring his first bell of awakening but still gets hit by the first rat enemies underneath the dragon bridge after Taurus Demon leading him to get poisoned.

    I can't wait until he gets to Blighttown

    Update: He just freed Laurtic and I kid you not he goes "he better not betray me"

    submitted by /u/UnknowingCloud1
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Knight Rises

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    Immediately after blighttown, I found this great hollow tree, so I tried getting to the bottom of tree ended up dying 20 times and getting cursed.

    I was relieved atleast that I passed that shitty area of frogs cursing you, only to encounter hydra dude being mean.. not letting me cross ash lake.. when I first saw him fly to other side while spitting on you .. was like lol am fucked.. after around 15 deaths I finally managed to loose his sight 🏃‍♂️ naked. Then I moved further to meet with dead end and then I realized am fucked. As I am stuck at the bottom with hydra dude and spitting frogs if I try to go up.

    So I decided I will use my last purge stone I have , which I stocked up after getting cursed in depths first time. And tried going human and summon any help. But there is only despair as I can't find any help sign and went hollow again after dying to hydra dude.

    Felt like Bruce Wayne stuck in that pit, broken and sad. Also i didn't want to try going up without killing hydra as I might get cursed again and I don't want go through this shit later... so I talked to myself at that bonfire in vast barren ash lake and decided to fight the hydra dude... tried all the armors in inventory, after around 30 deaths finally managed to kill it in elite knight armor set just tanking it while standing under it with crystal greatsword that almost was busted.

    Felt so good being able to face the hydra and kill it after running around it so scared earlier. And then I managed to climb back the hollow tree up in single try kicking the frogs and mushrooms in the way feeling so confident lol, as if something dawned on me and wasn't even scared this time of getting cursed.

    Felt like Batman Rising out of that hell hole pit in which Bane has imprisoned him. Just sharing my experience, On to Sen'S fortress now, might go to New London Ruins if I can't go through the fortress, will be back later with any fun experience. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/BabbarSherrr
    [link] [comments]

    Alice Cooper

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    So me and my brother love dark souls and have been watching each other play ever since I got him into it... I just wanted to share that every time we go through through blighttown if we get poisoned we start singing the chorus of "Poison" by Alice cooper. Makes the poison swamp area surprisingly one of my favourite experiences lmao

    submitted by /u/My34thAccountOrSmth
    [link] [comments]

    Those wheel skeletons are brutal

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    I just lost around 20k souls when black knight and bone wheels started to chase me to the room with vamos. I always try and take out all the enemies for extra levels and also I was trying to get every item In the catacombs. Last part was with the wheels and I couldn't bait them you need a bow to do that, there are so many of them , I got really greedy and tried to go back to vamos but the wheels gank squad me. So mad right now.

    submitted by /u/Cy_Furious
    [link] [comments]

    An ironic positive about Dark Souls 1

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    In a lot of games these days, there are so many fucking branches paths you can take. There are consequences to your actions where you think, "Oh fuck, did I really want to do that?" In Dark Souls, there's a path you can take with each character and if you miss it, no biggie, you just don't see where the path ends up. And Solaire goes crazy if you don't take the backdoor into Izalith.

    I love that lack of stress. If I miss something, oh well. It was like 40 seconds of dialogue anyway. I'll just watch it online.

    I never had a moment where I was like, "Oh no. I missed that thing. Should I start over?" There's no real consequences to doing or not doing things, and it's beautiful.

    I understand this is how the game practically has to be if you can't save the game. But it has another benefit which is it takes the stress out of that aspect of the game so you can focus on all the stress the combat gives you.

    submitted by /u/doblitons
    [link] [comments]

    ormsten art

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    Gaping dragon sketch

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    I just wanted to show you guys my gaping dragon fan art.

    It is based on this reference.

    submitted by /u/toxoplasma0gondii
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s play ds1 on the switch drop your friend codes�� ⚔️ �� ��‍♂️

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    Preferably people 18+

    submitted by /u/babylind01
    [link] [comments]

    Are Special or Large Embers better?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 01:46 AM PDT

    I refer to Special embers like Dark, Chaos, and Enchanted.

    Large Embers as in Large Divine, Magic, and Fire.

    I bring these two types of embers up because they both have scaling from different sources, but one's a +5 and the other's a +10, and some +5s are really really good so i dont know but im sure yall can figure this one out, or even find something new

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Very Large Ember, and the Anor Londo Giant's Lightning and Crystal Embers are in their own genres but feel free to include them! :D

    submitted by /u/diamondisland2023
    [link] [comments]

    I am new to dark souls. Will I regret this?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 04:13 AM PDT

    Just finished DS1 for the first time

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    There's probably a thousand posts like this but none of my friends know or care about games like this and I really wanted to talk about my play through with people who will understand when I say it was such a unique and beautiful experience.

    I've never been someone who enjoys high difficulty. I played Witcher 3 and Horizon ZD on story difficulty bc I wanted to experience the world and narrative without being weighed down by difficult combat. This game changed that for me. It didn't really click for me until around blighttown but learning the patient approach and bottlenecking in a way a real knight would do was rewarding in a way I've never felt before.

    There were so many awe inspiring moments. The elevator to firelink, the Taurus demon and Capra demon ambushes, SEEING ANOR LONDO FOR THE FIRST TIME.

    The satisfying feeling of going back to the catacombs and New LONDO after getting rocked there when I went too early.

    It felt amazing to create my own playstyle, I ended up using a lightning zweihander for most of my run and chunking and tanking bosses.

    It was something I'll never forget and I can't wait to do new game plus and experience the other 5 fromsoftware games.

    submitted by /u/DudDraciel
    [link] [comments]

    Wired controller suddenly stopped working with ds:r on Steam

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 03:18 AM PDT

    I play all my souls game on steam with a wired xbox controller and suddenly, about an hour into me playing today, the controller just stopped working. No inputs for the game do anything. The home button on the controller still brings up the steam overlay, steam recognizes the controller, the controller light stays lit all throughout.

    Im pretty certain it's an issue with ds:r because the controller works perfectly in my dark souls prepare to die, ds2, and ds3. Any ideas as to what's causing this and how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/TehDokter
    [link] [comments]

    Achievements

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    I just got prayer of a maiden and I had all the others collecting spells ones before. All I have left are a few reinforcements and knights honour. Its been amazing but Any tips? Also thanks to the guys in tomb of the giants this morning u carried pretty hard.

    submitted by /u/NG_plus_
    [link] [comments]

    Red enemies that usually aren’t there

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    Rn im at oolacile sanctuary which is my least favorite place in the game, the areas already annoying and difficult to get through but now there are these red enemies that make if much harder than usual. They were never there before either. Why are they there and if so is how can I get rid of them?

    submitted by /u/dogsplasher67
    [link] [comments]

    This armor set seems oddly familiar...

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    A souls question

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    I've played and beaten ds2 and 3, but I have yet to play dark souls 1 due to a lack of money, should I save up for it? Or is there something else I should do?

    submitted by /u/Shnurple
    [link] [comments]

    PS5 Controller for DS Remastered on Steam.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    Has anyone been able to use a Dualsense controller for the remaster? Steam recognizes my controller but when I launch the game it doesn't work. It works for DS2 and 3, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

    submitted by /u/KhorakTheNoot
    [link] [comments]

    Early Game Co-op is so demoralizing

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    Look guys, I'm just trying to farm the Bell Gargoyles for sunlight medals so I can enjoy being a paladin. I have to wait about 10, 15 minutes between summons (I play on PS4). So all those invaders with the Dark Bead and WotG killing 90% of the people who summon me is so demoralizing

    I wasted 3 hours, got summoned over a dozen times, and came away with 1 sunlight medal. The only reason is because we moved fast enough that a griefer only got in just before we crossed the fog

    Towards the end,, the summoning got very sporadic. I could see enough phantoms that I knew there was high traffic, I was level 20, smack dab in the recommended levels for that area, so I should have been summoned more. I'm very sure the amount of griefers just kept people from being human to summon

    Today's experience made me think that the Soul Memory mechanic of DS2 was actually a great idea. If I was a new player, this experience would have convinced me that playing online is a bad idea. In the first area after you get the White Sign, it's just people with end-game gear demolishing people progressing normally

    At least with Soul Matching, new players get to experience online play with players on relatively equal footing

    Edit1: successfully farmed enough souls to set up shop in Blighttown, and it's way smoother. But if you're a new player and the majority of your online experience is very negative until a mid game area, you probably stopped trying to go online by the time you got to a mid game area

    Edit2: The Agape Ring was added to DS2 for the SotFS patch, patch 1.10. That kind of nullified the anti-griefer mechanic of Soul Memory. However, the game had almost a full year before that ring was added. Additionally, there's far fewer griefers now in SotFS than in DSR

    Edit3: Name something as efficient at killing people with basic equipment as Dark Bead. DS1 has pretty balancing

    submitted by /u/throwaway387190
    [link] [comments]

    [Crystal Cave] [ SD at Duke Archives BF] [shortcut open] [ps4] [psn: gamer-_1222] [password: 1234]

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    Help me through Crystal Cave please I keep sliding off the big crystal between hidden paths

    submitted by /u/Epinephrine2017
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the Sun

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    Have you guys ever Praised the Sun on the highway?

    submitted by /u/Equivalent-Coconut34
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment