• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 27, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Soulsborne Subreddit Moderator Applications are OPEN!

    Dark Souls 2 Soulsborne Subreddit Moderator Applications are OPEN!


    Soulsborne Subreddit Moderator Applications are OPEN!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    With the growth of the subreddits in addition to needing some more hands on deck, Subreddit moderator applications are now open!

    If you would like to become a part of the Subreddit team for /r/DemonsSouls, /r/DarkSouls, /r/Darksouls2, or /r/Bloodborne - feel free to click this link here and apply!

    We will be taking applications for roughly 1-2 weeks and will contact you directly if accepted.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/e_0
    [link] [comments]

    cheers dude

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Staring at the Flame!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    Honestly, the most satisfying thing I’ve done in my whole playthrough. Lost 10+ effigies to this POS.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    my first platinum souls

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 11:11 AM PDT

    Heide’s Tower of flame is the most beautiful area of DS2, fight me.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    And I wish, I WISH it was more meaningful for the game, like, you got there once or twice, maybe more if you're in the covenant, is one of those early areas that are inconsequential, but I liked more than Majula I wish it was the actual HUB of the game, why would they waste an area with such strong mood and details??????? I dare to say is the most beautiful area of the saga (though DS1 Anor Londo, Lothric castle, Irithyl and Ringed city are strong contestants)

    submitted by /u/ApollyonTheCruel
    [link] [comments]

    I got the drip

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Mimic Decided To Get Freaky With Me xD

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 08:15 PM PDT

    Are the Pyromancers in the hallway to Velstadt despawnable?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    Basically, I hit the bells without realising what they did, and now I can't get to the boss without getting ganked and dying. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/MikeGames2
    [link] [comments]

    My first DS2 play through and thoughts

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    A bit of a preface, I have 225 hours on ds1 and 332 on ds3, although I wouldn't say I'm an expert on dark souls I would consider myself experienced with them. I enjoyed dark souls 2 enough to play a second time as a caster and this time doing the dlc unlike my first play through. I'm playing SOTFS on pc but with a controller. I'm posting this on mobile, in case of formatting issues for pc users.

    1.) The good

    This game takes a lot of risks in its designs from the previous games, not all work out but those that do shine. The levels and atmosphere feel extremely distinct from 1 and 3, something that genuinely kept me going throughout the game although it can border on generic fantasy at times. Due to the way the levels are more like 3 than 1, instant fast travel makes its first appearance and I'm glad they chose to do so.

    In terms of lore, I think that this game has some of the most intriguing as it focuses on the undead curse, the linking the flame and the damage that comes along with all of it.

    Something I've heard people complain about in this game specifically is the combat, I actually quite liked the combat overall although I'm still iffy on adaptability as its own skill. Combat feels smooth but it is slower in its approach to combat than 3 and sometimes even 1. One thing I've heard almost no comments about is the animations! Backstabs and ripostes with almost any weapon feel brutal and absolutely devastating unlike 1 or 3! Now that I've experienced 2 backstabs and ripostes, playing the other 2 games feels like whacking my enemy with a wet noodle. I honestly believe that this is my favorite part of the game and entertains me to no end.

    I honestly didn't mind the change to estus and addition of life gems as similar items seem to be in demon souls. It does break the game a little bit but because they are all healing over time it feels balanced enough to me.

    Dark souls 2, THANK YOU for not immediately ending my journey and throwing me into new game+ without warning cough cough f-ing dark souls 1. Also the bonfire ascetic is a super cool idea.

    2.) The bad

    The levels and world design are in my opinion good and different as to distinguish itself from the first game and as previously mentioned, bordering generic. What absolutely feels generic for me is the music in this game. It's not bad per say, rather just... generic. 1 and 3 have scores that I would say are some of the video games have to offer whilst 2 just feels... meh. Music affects everyone differently and some of these scores might be your favorite, nothing wrong with that, but I never felt depression like when I walked through the fog door to fight Gwyn and the Soul of Cinder, awe with Ornstein & Smough and the Nameless king, terror with pinwheel and the boreal valley tracks. Music is important for boss fights as they give character, and maybe other than the pursuer. the music feels generic at times for me. I'm not an expert in music, this is only my opinion and feelings on the matter and my problems with the game.

    So I don't know if this is because of the build I went with (full strength tank using the greatsword and red iron twin blades throughout the game) or because this isn't my first game and I know how the dark souls formula works, but this game honestly felt like a breeze at times, levels and bosses. Something most reviews and friends told the opposite of. The only boss that ever frustrated me throughout the whole game was the Pursuer. Every single boss I beat took me at most 2 tries. No wiki for weaknesses or strategy. I will note I did not fight the ancient dragon or do any dlc in the first play through. This might change as I play through a second time as a caster though and I will update accordingly.

    I praised ds2 for giving not immediately throwing me into new game+, except I have to wait through a whole ds1 speed run after the credits to finally get back the the game. It would be so easy to have a skip credits, just why.

    3.) The ugly

    The worst part BY FAR in this game is the lack of direction. DEAR. LORD. The first two games aren't amazing at this either but at least give you an objective and pathing at the beginning. With 1 the crestfallen warrior tells you to ring two bells, one above at the undead church and one below in blighttown that gives at least SOME direction. Once you find Emma in 3 she tells gives you direction to start your (semi linear) journey to the undead settlement. Both games have a cinematic that shows you the four main bosses (excluding the four kings and lothric) that tell you who to kill and dialogue on where to find them and how to get to them.

    This may be forgivable if way the game was designed was fairly tight and linear like 3's is where you only sometimes you have to look up on the wiki which direction to head. I had to literally pull up a wiki for game progression for most of the time. I had no idea of what to do other than find "great souls" and "find the king" from the emerald herald. The way that the areas are woven together is by far the most frustrating and disappointing part about this game and why I would not recommend ds2 over the other games first.

    Final thoughts This game takes many risks that distinguishes itself for better or for worse. I'm glad that I played through it, in fact at the time I'm writing this I'm creating a caster to play through it all again, this time playing all of the dlc and getting the dlc ending. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, what you like and don't like about this unique game and how you agree or disagree with me on my points (I mean the game is pretty subjective tbh).

    I'll probably edit or create a new post on how my new character and how my thoughts have changed on second playing

    My first finished build

    SL 150 Vig 30 End 30 Vit 30 Atn 4 Str 50 Dex 20 Adpt 30 Int 3 Fth 6

    Gear

    Full Havel's+5 Greatsword+10 Red Iron Twinblades+10 Blossom Kite Shield+8 Bracing ring +1 Royal soldiers ring Chloranthy ring +1 Third dragon ring

    submitted by /u/Alcibiadesss
    [link] [comments]

    “Summoning failed. The sign has disappeared” can’t connect with friend (PS4 SOTFS)

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    So my friend and I have been cooping through DS2, but we've always had horrible connection problems. Usually once we each exit out of the game and open it back up again it work, but other times we'll try for a while and it just never ends up connecting us. Right now we're in central castle drangleic trying to connect using the name engraved ring. I helped him defeat the boss a few days ago and now he is helping me, so he put his summon sign down, and I tried to summon him but after a while it just said summoning failed.

    Our wifi and connection are okay, and we are able to coop in other games. Is there anyway we can fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/LadyHistoria
    [link] [comments]

    DARK SOULS 2 , THE EPIDEMY OF THE SOULS LIKE

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Firstly .... Die ...
    Secondly .... Suffer...
    Last but not least ... Nobody loved and loves you devs <3 kappa keepo heart

    submitted by /u/Alert_Text8305
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on no death no bonfire run?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    Also how long do you think it should take?

    I'm using a pretty popular guide / path from a YouTube video, just keep dying in the dumbest ways.

    submitted by /u/ShellHacker
    [link] [comments]

    Do the ballistas damage phantoms?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    Just died while summoned to help with pursuer fight where my health bar suddenly emptied from almost full, about the damage of 2-3 strikes from the boss. Not sure if it's lag or did the world owner hit me while operating the ballista.

    submitted by /u/yyluio
    [link] [comments]

    CAN YOU FEEL MY PAIN?!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    Warmaster of many combat types themed build pvp

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    Hi, 0 hour player here! -SOTFS-Did I miss the tutorial?!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    Starting my first play through this morning. Tried to read a bit on what I should be prepared for sans spoilers. I did see that there is a tutorial at some point at the very beginning that I should definitely go through. Considering my 100% zero experience with any RPG I certainly wanna do it, and apparently I'll get some better initial kit? But I got a small shield, sword and helm when I made my character with the three red cloaked hags, walked through the door lit the first bonfire then walked into Majula. I thought I was observing carefully but idk?

    Did I miss the tutorial?

    submitted by /u/the_injog
    [link] [comments]

    Random nameless red phantom in things betwixt? This is not new game plus, I have never seen this guy before

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    Brothers

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    On this day I am beginning a no hit-no bonfire-Broken straight sword only-no ring (aside from kings ring) run. Do you have any advice or prayers before I begin?

    submitted by /u/Dunmagank
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite ds2 boss?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    For me it has to be Aava. Not sure why, maybe it's the fact that you have to take down a beast, there aren't too many like this one in the series.

    Video for fun 🐈 no damage ng+7 https://youtu.be/8mowcJ8a3eE

    submitted by /u/minoas348
    [link] [comments]

    Soooo i found this on my way to the gutter...its a pillar of assets?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    Need Sunlight Medals. Need Help w/ Bosses?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    Im trying to get to rank 3 in Heirs of the Sun. If you need help with a boss, feel free to ask me via DM or comment. Also be sure to use the Name-Engraved Ring set to the name Nehma, Goddess of Love so there's much higher chance to see my sign. Im on Xbox One and my gamertag is EezeeBreezee515.

    submitted by /u/angusbeef4
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else ever been invaded while afk before?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment