• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 2, 2021

    Dark Souls The Bed of Chaos is the best boss in the Souls series

    Dark Souls The Bed of Chaos is the best boss in the Souls series


    The Bed of Chaos is the best boss in the Souls series

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:36 PM PST

    With every attempt I get around 15 seconds to reflect on my life and my choices as I'm sliding down to get killed almost instantly. 10/10 boss

    submitted by /u/NicCagedd
    [link] [comments]

    I just defeated Artorias with SL1, and... that was awesome battle!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:34 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/Iy7OiZ6

    I died countless times, but in the end I started reading his movements really good and it battle itself started seeming more like a dance.

    Due to limited stats I used:

    • Right Jagged Ghost Blade +5
    • Left Balder Shield +5

    and armors:

    • Sorcerer Hat +10
    • Moonlight Robe
    • Brigand Gauntlets +7
    • Black Tights +5

    and it turned out nicely balanced and looks good IMHO.

    P.S. Great Chaos Fireball did him a 300 dmg, everything else JGhostB+5

    submitted by /u/Luanciel
    [link] [comments]

    My non-gamer girlfriend nears the end of her DS1 run...

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:23 PM PST

    Check my submission history for past posts.

    She LOVES the game. With me there to help her know her know where to go when, what armor and weapons make sense, how to build a character and some light help with lore...she loves it. She dreads it ending. Accessibility is the problem with this game and helping others breakthrough is what we all need to do.

    Stuff she did:

    • killed Petrus early (he "was a bad guy") and that ended poorly
    • killed Knight Laurentic because she had a bad feeling
    • saved Soliare (i explained how)
    • did siegmires questline (i told her how)
    • kept Anor Londo alight (she calls it "the painted lands")
    • unhappily and ignorantly sent multiple NPCs to their deaths by merely talking to them or answering the questio wrong.
    • spoke to frampt
    • traded with snuggly the crow
    • killed the merchant for his ugi (i encouraged her to do it)
    • won some invasions (lost most)
    • rescued Big Hat (twice)

    Boss Rundown

    Asylum Demon, in Undead Asylum - suprised me by beating him after a few tries, figured she would declare it impossible. Hung in there.

    Taurus Demon, in Undead Burg - underlevelled at the time, took her many tries. I was very impressed that she beat him. Her attempts at plunging attacks cracked me up.

    --- started farming to keep her level up, somewhat overpowered and her ugi upgraded here. --

    Bell Gargoyles, in Undead Parish - had more trouble killing Knight Laurentic, who she found creepy. First attempt...wowed me

    Capra Demon, in Lower Undead Burg - couple tries, one of the emo dudes snuck up and slit her throat. Had me laughing.

    -- retrived stone armor for her as well as elite knight armor here...she wasnt one for rolling --

    Giant Rat, in the Depth - she found it cute and not too terrible

    --- started working on levelling and acquiring her pyromancy here. ----

    Gaping Dragon, in the Depths - she loved summoning Solaire but was quickly critical of his help. 2nd try.

    Chaos Witch Quelaag, in Blighttown - found a human helper, got invaded and then summon the NPC that just invaded her for a trio of jolly cooperation. It was a breeze for her, first attempt. Shocked me (i usually roll solo).

    -- maxed out her pyromancy here, plus she decided to save solaire so she had great choas fireball and greatfireball at her disposal pretty early --

    Moonlight Butterfly, in Darkroot Garden - first try, she learned to roll her hard way...took alot of damage.

    Great Grey Wolf Sif, in Darkroot Garden - she was very unhappy to have to fight him. Won first battle but upset at me over it.

    Iron Golem, in Sen's Fortress - she made it up well enough, although i did tell her about the roof bonfire to save her from going nuts. Summoned Iron Tarkus, easy peasey.

    Executioner Smough & Dragonslayer Ornstein, in Anor Londo - her favorite place...one of the most challenging. Made it across the catwalks with my advice but did it herself. Resented being invaded her so much. Now in havel armor, she can take hits but O&S were still too much. Took her a couple tries and help from soliare.

    Four Kings, in New Londo Ruins - fun to watch her panick in the ghost funhouse. Her strategy is to go hard and spam attacks so the kings were a cakewalk with her full frontal assault style.

    Stray Demon, in Undead Asylum - got pwned when she came back for the rusted iron ring earlier but returned to get the slab to get her ugi up to +15. I told her about the slab and she decided had to be done. Second try on visit back.

    Seath the Scaleless, in Duke's Archives - she got cursed....alot. She kept getting him down to nearly 10% health and then he would curse her and instantly kill her. Eventually she got it done. Admittedly had help her quite a bit with the crystal cave navigation.

    Ceaseless Discharge, in Demon Ruins - cake

    Demon Firesage, in Demon Ruins - cake

    Centipede Demon, in Demon Ruins - luckyass gets human helper and solaire... Double cooperation. Cakewalked it.

    Bed of Chaos, in Lost Izalith - This is where I started to get annoyed at her luck. She comes across a summon sign And the dude pretty much does the whole thing for her. Meanwhile this boss is total bullshit so didnt even care but she didn't have to do much of anything.

    Crossbreed Priscilla, in Painted World of Ariamis - Should really love this level but didn't bother fight the boss.

    Sanctuary Guardian, in Sanctuary Garden - by now she is legit good. And just in time I will say. Normal rolling in the havel gear. Ugi maxed. Fireballs a plenty. First attempt.

    Knight Artorias, in Royal Wood - i was shocked at how few of his wild swings connected and he only beat her on the first attempt because she rushed him as he went supersayian. Knowing the score, she sought out help and found a summon wearing havel gear an carrying a claymore. This fight...was not close between the two of them.


    Despite being an actual writer for a living, she was shy about writing about her darksouls experience as a nongamer. If you could help me encourage her to write about her experience and why this game deserves so many more fans and so much more love from the gaming community, it would rock. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FLIPNUTZz
    [link] [comments]

    What is taking 16 damage in Izalith?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:25 PM PST

    I've been looking around and don't know if this is specific to my game because I haven't seen any talk about it, but everytime I go down the shortcut hallway to farm demon titanite, a random health bar will show up through the wall and take 16 damage. The bar isn't always in the same place but it is consistent. Has anyone noticed this in their playthrough and solved the mystery?

    Edit: For clarification, Solaire is dead, the health bars are past the shortcut and somewhere down under the bridge. I thought maybe it was something taking lava damage but I'm not sure what it would be or why it's in different spots.

    submitted by /u/DarthSangheili
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think was the hardest boss, in the entire series?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 03:13 AM PST

    What was the hardest boss (or mini boss) for you to beat?

    submitted by /u/zIdeiah
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo made me a man and Sif made me a sinner.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:25 PM PST

    You may remember this post I made a week or so ago. Well friends, I bring glad tidings. I've defeated Jekyll and Hyde. But I also bring sad tidings. I cruelly ended the life of a poor dog who just wanted to play with me, the first person she's seen in years.

    I spent many minutes postponing the plunge into Anor Londo. I farmed titanite shards, upgraded my gear, and totally didn't wuss out when I ran into a gang of basilisks in the Great Hollow. I killed a hydra in a lake, got killed by some spooky bois in the New Londo Ruins, but eventually I found my courage and headed to Anor Londo.

    I quickly found that Anor Londo was inhabited by many large men who wanted nothing more than to cause me suffering, but none of them could withstand hundreds of small cuts to the legs and testicles. I also found the long-lost brother of the Bell Gargoyles but it wasn't long before he joined them in hell.

    Then I tripped and fell into a painting, where I had a bad time. But eventually I prevailed. I killed a dead dragon because he vomited on me, and then I met a very mean lady who told me to jump off a building. I didn't appreciate that at all, so I called her a loser. She was so offended that she turned invisible and immediately killed me. I couldn't let that pass. No one kills me and lives to tell about it. So, after not looking up a guide on how to beat her, I read discovered that invisibility ≠ invulnerability.

    Back in Anor Londo, I slaughtered an army of KKK members, thus ending racism in Lordran forever. I also killed Man-Bat and his entire family, and then I learned the origin of the "archers on the rafters " meme. I got gud at parrying the lads in shiny armor, killed a titanite demon, and stumbled right into the boss fight against Tweedledee and Tweedledum. It didn't go well.

    So I explored some more and found a very nice (and very large) man who turned my sword into a Chaos Blade, which I was able to upgrade to +5, thanks to Snuggly and the titanite demons I had already killed. Finally I was ready to face Biggie and Smalls and show them that Anor Londo is my swamp, not theirs.

    With my fancy new sword, I did much better but I still couldn't do it. So I said fine, I don't need a shield. I'll grip my sword with both hands. I'll be faster and, by using both hands on my sword, I'll maximize its offensive output. I went back in for a third time and pounded the Quick Boi as hard as I could, and eventually he collapsed. The sight of his weakness enraged the Thick Boi, and so he evolved into the Sparkly Boi. He may have been sparkly, but he was not quick. Still two-handing my sword, I proceeded to cut him down to size.

    With the profits from my conquest, I bought a seal from my best friend Andre, went through a door in a forest, and found the goodest dog of them all. She wanted to play tug of war with a giant sword, but because I haven't levelled my intelligence stat at all, I didn't realize this and I thought she was attacking me. I deemed it necessary to put her down for everyone's safety and it wasn't until afterwards that I realized she just wanted to play.

    After some thought, I realized that the only way to erase this sin is to kill the one who decides what constitutes a sin. That's right, I'm going to kill God. But because I don't know which god is responsible for sins, I'm going to have to kill all of the gods. It's going to be a rough journey, but there's no other way to remove the stain of Sif's demise from my soul. If only there was someone I could simply pay to absolve me of my sins.

    submitted by /u/windermere_peaks
    [link] [comments]

    Your first time

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:13 AM PST

    It was around eight years ago that I first played Dark Souls. I knew nothing about the game other than it was an RPG, and that it was challenging. I picked a thief as my class and the binoculars as my starting gift. I figured I would use the binoculars to scope out the towns that I'd be burgling (clueless).

    I then spent the next hour or two struggling to get out of the Undead Asylum. I didn't realise that the sword I was wielding was but a broken hilt and spent way too long trying to take down the Asylum Demon before finally noticing there was an open door that I needed to go through. I then managed to wrestle with the inventory system, and with a proper weapon and shield equipped, eventually was able to work my way through the Asylum before being carried away to Lordran.

    Once there, I ran around picking up items, not knowing their purpose or how to use them. I then decided to venture out into the world. I headed to the graveyard and of course was torn apart by skeles repeatedly. After doing this for a while, I called the game shit, and turned it off.

    But the game had such a unique tone to it, that a couple of days later, I decided to give it another try. Needless to say, it started to grow on me and I persevered.

    I have since played through the game more times than I can count. Every year at some point, I get that itch to play through it again, and I'm getting it right now.

    But how about you, what was your first time like?

    submitted by /u/Samiad_In_The_Mist
    [link] [comments]

    To that invader in Anor Londo

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:55 PM PST

    You invaded just as I was fighting a silver knight. You ran up and backstabbed me, nearly killing me. I healed, but you used every cheap trick you knew to try and get my souls.

    You didn't expect that blast of pyromancy, when I lit your face up like the fourth of july. You were cooked like chicken on a grill, and you rolled away to reassess your situation. You dodged my pyromancies and continued using cheap shots. Then I parried you, winning our little fight. Not even your claymore saved you.

    You got owned by a guy with a dagger, lmao.

    submitted by /u/_ThatOneWeeb_
    [link] [comments]

    Saw a DS3 point down gif emote so I thought I could make a similar one with the far more powerful DS1 pointdown

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:12 AM PST

    How is the population in DS:Remastered PC?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 03:12 AM PST

    Been thinking about buying it for PC too, how alive is the game? I enjoy souls games mostly if there's plenty of summoning and invading

    submitted by /u/UnusualSection6630
    [link] [comments]

    Finally finished the game

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:30 PM PST

    Long time player here. I picked up DS1 on the 360 when it was new and fell in love with it, but no matter how many times I played, I never actually finished the game. I would always get to about Lost Izalith and drop it (usually because I didn't want to solo New London Ruins). Well, 3 weeks of co-op on the switch version of DSR later, I finally finished for the first time today, playing with my brother who lives in a different state.

    Feelsgoodman.

    submitted by /u/GoodOmens182
    [link] [comments]

    Deathless run? (Advice/tips pls)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:11 AM PST

    So I've been thinking about beating DS1 without a single death. So far my plan consists of the black knight halberd and I have strategies for the bosses. I won't be doing the dlc or most optional content (artorias and manus deathless? No thanks). Any advice? I'm a little worried about Tomb of the Giants aswell as Sens fortress but I know the running routes for them. Is their an optimal route for the lord souls? Should I know anything in particular before starting?

    submitted by /u/okhellowhy
    [link] [comments]

    Which one do I play next?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:00 AM PST

    Guys, I just bought the whole Dark souls trilogy, And I just started DS remastered (Loving it btw), should I skip DS2 and play DS3? I heard that DS2 was more of a reboot, and doesn't have any lore connections to DS1 and 3.

    submitted by /u/mad_max3420
    [link] [comments]

    I got platinum today...

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:04 PM PST

    And maaaann,i love this game.Now it is time to start ds2 all over again,praise the sun bros

    https://imgur.com/a/zf9lpfZ

    submitted by /u/Nozomi21
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth to upgrade armor?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:51 PM PST

    I am quite new to the game, played Bloodborne and ds3, and now I see that you can upgrade armor. Should I do it? Is it gud?

    submitted by /u/Lauchbauch9000
    [link] [comments]

    Is Prism Stone description a reference to Terry Pratchett Discworld series?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:55 PM PST

    " Warm pebble emitting a beautiful phasing aura of seven colors, with a very rare eighth. "

    And in Pratchett Discworld series we have:

    " Octarine, also known as the Colour of Magic or the King Colour, was the eighth colour of the Discworld spectrum. It was visible only to wizards and cats. "

    Maybe its coincidence, or maybe subtle reference? Just curious... Im currently navigating through Tomb Of Giants and i was throwing Prism Stones a lot. :)

    submitted by /u/MirriCatWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    First playthrough, Arno Lando. Cant seem to progress

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:26 AM PST

    Hi this is my first time playing this game. I enjoyed all of the antics and challenges so far. I haven't really grinded outside of backtracking and cleaning out mobs naturally.

    Blighttown was really annoying with the poison blow dart guys. Other than that the game has been challenging and manageable.

    Now though, out of humanity, losing 50k souls and 30 soft humanity after dying approximately 35 times to the dragon bow guy camping the corner of the main palace (that guy is annoying af) and not being able to kill that adamantium beast, or the two bosses or invading the guilty knights realm I am curious, is this point in the game supposed to be this difficult? Or am i just underpowered?

    Its the first time in the game where I feel like I cannot progress and enemies are really overpowered. Wondering if my build is weak and its just starting to show or if this is just the game design and its supposed to feel like this at this point in the game.

    Was this the hardest place for your first Everything else was pretty manageable could be overcome by decision making.

    I am really trying to avoid backtracking, then farming depths and grinding until im OP but I might have to just give up on London for now. sad story bro.

    submitted by /u/ForceOfWar
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:08 AM PST

    If you are using a shield, you are a little scared human.

    Go 2Hand anything.

    submitted by /u/Iluzha
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for pyromancies and sorceries to miss the target?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:15 PM PST

    I have recently started a pyrimancy and sorcery build, but I have noticed that sorceries like to fly over enemies heads, and pyromancies like to hit the ground before the target. Sorceries seem to work pretty well at long range, and pyromancies at short. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like if I'm throwing a fireball at a rat that's about 10 ft away it shouldn't hit the ground before the rat if the rat is just standing there.

    submitted by /u/Damian022703
    [link] [comments]

    Slightly dissapointed

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 06:12 PM PST

    Joined path of the dragon hoping its covenant item would function as a eye orb and not as a summon sign, so now I have to wait for a day on my outdated ass console in a 11 year old game to have the small chance I get a dragon scale... Considering im already bad at PvP or as i call it: back stab town (which is something i have gotten decent at countering) but still back stab town is full of +15 giant clubs and hornet rings so like chances of success are at 3%...

    Also dragon breath actually sucks and im gonna cry:(

    submitted by /u/supremeramenking
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing with walkthrough. Good or bad?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:40 PM PST

    Started playing Dark Souls: Remastered and after getting to Firelink Shrine started watching FightingCowboy (After dying countless times to the skellies). Got to the Darkroot Garden. Don't know if I would've figured everything out without any guide.

    submitted by /u/beyondimaginable
    [link] [comments]

    Should I kill Dark Sun Gwyndolin before Ornstein and Smough?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:12 PM PST

    This is my first time I've finally able to get to anor Londo at first I could get only upto Sen's fortress. But this time I've arrived in anor Londo and I opened the gate to orny and smougy boss fight. I know the fact that if I kill Gwynevere, bright Londo will turn into dark and I'll have to face Gwyndolin but I want to know if I could keep Londo as it is and not kill princess but kill Gwyndolin instead. Will I lose the bonfire too? And and is it worth it? Killing Gwyndolin that is.

    submitted by /u/The_Nameless_King_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment