• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What a fight!����

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    I just beat knight Artorias for the first time...I haven't clenched my cheeks so hard since Orphan of Kos💀💀officialy my new favorite boss fight!

    submitted by /u/toddlerbodybag
    [link] [comments]

    My fiancé is terrible with names, these are some of the names she came up with for things while playing DS1.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    Sundance kid (Solaire) Horace (Havel) Bright-town (Blight-Town) Capricorn demon (Capra Demon) Some poison stone (purging stone) Rusty ring (rusted iron ring) Pigwigs (Pygmy) Squidward (siegmeyer) Ocelot (oolacile)

    Anyone else come up with their own names for stuff? She just kept forgetting what things were called and tried to say the closest thing.

    submitted by /u/badgerbane
    [link] [comments]

    The joke of the century

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    What would Solaire say if he was born in United States?

    Praise the gun!

    Guess I need to sleep. Bye.

    submitted by /u/renatomic
    [link] [comments]

    Chest mimic Easter egg i found in Guacamelee 2

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Looking to help beginners or new characters.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    I've gotten the Lordvessal and I'd like to help people who are struggling with the first half of Dark Souls Remastered on PS4.

    Cause I'm lonely🙃

    submitted by /u/TheMelancholia
    [link] [comments]

    Amazing chest Ahead!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    I see three player ground messages saying "amazing chest ahead!" Or "imminent chest!". All have very good ratings. So I traverse the white light. And what do you know? SPIDER QUEEN BOSS BATTLE!!! like, no warning?!?!

    submitted by /u/Toucann_Froot
    [link] [comments]

    Shrek dark souls vibes

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    I was rewatching the first Shrek movie and it gave me some real dark souls/fromsoft vibes. A lot of the backgrounds are all medieval or gothic and very gloomy. The background characters who are human all look like they could be straight up soulsborne npcs even down to the slightly jankey animation (I'm looking at you pitchfork guys). When they finally reach somewhere with civilization it's all filled with hostile nights just like any castle in souls. And then Shrek fights a full on souls boss in a huge sinister fortress that wouldn't be out of place in any fromsoft game. To top it off he even rests at a bonfire afterwards. Like if you take out the soundtrack and put in dark souls sound effects there is definitely some aesthetic kinship. Am I the only one who can see this?

    submitted by /u/ScientificAnarchist
    [link] [comments]

    Finally - Ornstein and Smough are down :)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Praise the Sun! Today I have finally beaten Ornstein and Smough :)

    I dont know why it took me so long to play any further than Sens Fortress as I got DS when it came out. Also I have multiple versions (XBox 360, PC and the Remastered on PS4)

    On the XBox version I never played that far .. think I got only to Blackroot before I kinda gave up. The setting kept drawing me to the game though and so I got the PC version on sale - there I got to Sens Fortress .. failed at the Boss (shame, shame, shame) and stopped playing.

    A lot of time went by and I finished the main games of DS3 and Bloodborne.

    So, last week or so I got the itch to play DS again and I said to me "This time you'll stick to it!"

    Everything went pretty smooth even Anor Londo which I've experienced for the first time.

    I have heard and read a lot about Ornstein and Smough and was a bit nervous getting into the fight. Thought about summoning Solaire at first but decided against it. On my first try I didnt even get a single hit in .. lol :D The second one was kinda the same and on the third I was able to kill Smough and almost Ornstein as well - it was pretty close.

    Needed a few more tries though which I've spread over the last few days.

    I got rid off exsessive weight and told me to stay calm and not to get greedy .. as the 2 aren't that hard if you stay calm in my opinion.

    So I had a very close try again before and was kinda disappointed as I would have needed only one more hit. Thought about returning later or tomorrow but then I said "f.. it" and went into the boss room again.

    And I did it! Used all of my 10 estuses though and had some troubles with getting hit because loss of lock and turning my back to them but I dont care - I won 😅

    Overall I think I needed 10-12 tries .. but now I really feel satisfied 😊

    Looking forward to the rest of the game!

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/golani79
    [link] [comments]

    I made all the starting classes on Hero Forge!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    Platinum

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    so, nine days ago I asked for advice on starting over, two days ago I platinumed the game, I just want to thank everyone who offered me advice on how to make it fresh and exciting :)

    submitted by /u/Arachnarokin
    [link] [comments]

    I am finally gitted gud.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    I managed to fully (assuming I didn't miss anything known to me) clear Sen's Fortress first try!

    Only used one estus and one heal miracle to heal the inevitable drop damage build up.

    +4 BKS, +5 Grass Shield, +4 Elite Knight set, Wolf & Havel rings. Had pryo and plenty of healing miracles backburnered but never needed them.

    I've never had much issue with the bosses people are always proud of... though Nameless does definitely hold the record of being the only boss that's ever taken me more than 2 attempts.

    ... but this place... ugghhhh.

    It has always been my absolute bane.

    Today, I feel I have succeeded where many have failed and managed to do so with exceptional perfection.

    I was invaded 3 times, not a scratch taken, 3 kills. Once by an aptly named Iron Golem... made me laugh.

    I killed the titanite demons, the giants, and the Iron Golem without taking a single hit.

    This is a good day chaps. Siegbrau's up mates. An undead has been chosen!

    Edit: I'm celebrating by sunbroing at the Iron Golem right now.

    submitted by /u/Seraphotep
    [link] [comments]

    I watched him die

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    It was my first time doing the siegmeyer quest line, and I met him in all the locations. And in lost Izalith it happened. He sacrifised himself for me. And I jump in and died with him. I am in grief.

    submitted by /u/Lil_Toastyy
    [link] [comments]

    Who is the mother of each of gwyn's children

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    So the question is exactly what the title asks

    Who was nameless' mother

    Who was gwyneveres mother

    Who was fillianores mother

    Who was gwyndolin mother

    So nameless I know left during the war against the dragons, as something says that he allied with the ancient dragons(ancient-old dragons-tue dragons from the age of ancients, everything else are descendants of them or creations)

    Who was gwyneveres mother is something I know nothing about, idk much lore about her at all, other then that there's an amazing chest ahead in the cathedral you find her in in dark Souls

    Idk much about fillianore either, I do know that her name translates to something that says she's not directly related to Gwyn, so I suspect she's adopted(damn Gwyn adopting someone just to send them away to suspend your fear in time itself, talk about tough love) since she doesn't have the Gwyn prefix

    Gwyndolin is confusing too, I know he has a strong affiliation with the moon and that the book that has the name of sinners that they punish was related used to belong to velka, however I don't think he is velkas child

    I don't think gwyndolin is velkas child since both gwyndolin and the moonlight butterfly(a creation of seath) share the same boss music, I know seath has some connection to the moon(moonlight great sword) and he experimented on humans that were caputed by his channelers or whatever they're called, so seath might've been given some of gwyn's DNA to experiment with alongside his own, and it resulted in gwyndolin(serpent legs) everything in this paragraph I got from a video(I don't remember what video unfortunately)

    So another questions, if seath got the primordial crystal which secured a form of immortality, why did he kidnap people and experiment on them with his dna to achieve the gods and humans form of immortality (their children carrying on their blood)

    The only thing that I could think of is that velka is the mother of nameless and gwynevere(fillianore is adopted) and after seeing the gods were not good people, she went rouge, and all her stuff was forced into the painted world, and gwyndolin decided to take ownership of the blades of the dark moon to honor his mother-THIS IS A SPECULATIVE PARAGRAPH DO NOT INSIGHT YOUR WRATH-

    submitted by /u/SnooMemesjellies2833
    [link] [comments]

    Overconfident Dark Souls Players - New Player - YouTube

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Curse resist for defeating Nito?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    So as the title suggests I am just after sorting out the Gravelord when I noticed something odd. There in my status I can see that I currently have a curse resist of 30, yet I can't figure from where.

    I've checked through all my gear and there's nothing in my armour or rings that offers any curse resistance, and I am also currently near-hollow with no soft humanity either.

    Odds are I'm forgetting something basic but I'm racking my brain here. Sounds wrong in my head but could you recieve curse resist for defeating Nito? (I've defeated him in another play through but never noticed anything at least)

    submitted by /u/Czeinov793
    [link] [comments]

    Weird guy after Taurus demon

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    First time playing dark souls and I found this guy looking at the sun He has some cool armor Should I kill him?

    submitted by /u/rmayne384
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls 2 worth it?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    I recently beat Sekiro for the first time, right after beating Dark Souls 1. I took a small break and was thinking of continuing with Dark Souls 2. However, when I brought this up to my friend, who introduced me to Dark Souls and Sekiro, he was staunchly against and suggested I skip straight to 3 and that "no one plays 2."

    This was pretty surprising to me, and I haven't seen such a view in other places, albeit I haven't looked that hard. Is this what people normally do?

    submitted by /u/TheRedSphinx
    [link] [comments]

    DS1 boss attempts

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    just beat ds1 for the first time and i took notes of how many tries it took me to defeat each boss.

    asylum demon: 2

    taurus demon: 6

    bell gargoyles: 5

    capra demon: 9

    gaping dragon: 3

    stray demon: 4

    moonlight butterfly: 1

    sif: 5

    chaos witch quelaag: 1

    ceaseless discharge: 4

    iron golem: 4

    crossbreed priscilla: 1

    o&s: 2

    seath the scaleless: 3

    the four kings: 3

    demon firesage: 1

    centipede demon: 4

    pinwheel: 1

    bed of chaos: 12

    nito: 2

    dark sun gwyndolin: 2

    sanctuary guardian: 1

    artorias: 7

    kalameet: 4

    manus: 7

    gwyn: 7

    that's in the order that i fought each boss, i clocked in about 50 hours, good little game.

    submitted by /u/louijp
    [link] [comments]

    Is DS:R worth it for the Switch?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Anyone playing it on the Nintendo Switch? Should I buy the game for the switch or isn't it worth my hassle?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Begone_Thot_1337
    [link] [comments]

    DLC Artorias

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    Hi so I need help with the second dlc boss I was wondering if someone with PlayStation would be willing to help me if so dm me your username and a time you can play because I am in severe need of help and don't currently have anyone to help

    submitted by /u/Thatskindagay12
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] Useless discovery about enchanted vs magic weapons

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    Confirmed Enchanted weapon is stronger than magic weapon! I have a +4 enchanted falchion vs a +9 magic falchion and enchanted is 12 points better. The catch is that you have to be 99 intelligence for enchanted to actually be better and with minimal stats in strength and dex (16 and 18 respectively). I don't know the exact Int value that makes enchanted better but I didn't think to look and I do know it'd still have to be close to max. Hope this info helps someone but somehow I doubt it lol.

    submitted by /u/Chakasicle
    [link] [comments]

    About to fight 4 Kings with a +2 dragon tooth. Am I screwed?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    I know you need dps for this fight, just wanted to know if it's enough. I also have power within

    submitted by /u/CConardDuck
    [link] [comments]

    his first time playing dark souls and look at them parries his name is kuroxave

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Red phantoms in pve

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    How in the hell do i get rid of them? Resting respawns them. And closing game or wanting keeps them at place.

    submitted by /u/Ejkelej
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment