• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 05, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 05, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 05, 2021)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm breaking up with you.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:28 PM PST

    Look frampt I know we've been through a lot. You told me to go kill a fat guy and a furry, I punched you in the head when you wouldn't wake up. When I brought back that big cereal bowl you wanted you ate me and threw me back up in some random cave.

    You told me to bring you souls so I did, I killed several people just minding their own business because you wanted extra flavor in your cereal. You congratulated me and i thought finally you might be happy and would stop asking for things. But no. You asked me to go kill an old man surrounded by a bunch of goth backup dancers.

    Even though I hated it I did it for you. And did that make you happy? Is that all you wanted? No. You had the gall to tell me to throw myself at a fire. Well screw you frampt, what did you ever do for me? All you did was ask and ask and ask.

    So I'm done. I have moved on. I've found a new snake, his name is kaathe and he is twice the snake you are. He gave me a badass sword and skeleton armor when I did what he wanted. So have fun with your soul cereal, i hope you choke on it. Lose my number and don't ever contact me again.

    P.s. I heard you told a bunch of other people the same things you told me. So I'm taking the kids. Have a good life.

    submitted by /u/Jasonpowerz
    [link] [comments]

    Couldn't find enough cute Dark Souls stickers, so I made my own! What do you think?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:03 AM PST

    Take a look. Thinking of sticking them on my tablet ☺️ May make Onionbro next, or maybe an adorable Capra demon!

    submitted by /u/astrozoologist
    [link] [comments]

    Ranking all 92 bosses of the Souls series

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:31 AM PST

    While we are still waiting for Elden Ring, I thought it would be fun to rank every single boss of the entire Dark Souls series.

    My criteria for this were:

    • Mechanics: How fun is it to fight the boss? How extensive and varied is its moveset?

    • Presentation: This includes music, the arena the fight takes places in and the visual design of the boss itself.

    • Lore/Story: Does it have an interesting backstory/lore and how well (if at all) does it fit into the greater story of the respective game and/or series? (Note that an extensive backstory can work against a boss as well if the fight does not live up to it.) cough cough Nashandra and Aldia cough cough

    WIth that out of the way, here is my list:

    1. Slave Knight Gael (DS3)
    2. Burnt Ivory King (DS2)
    3. Artorias the Abysswalker (DS1)
    4. Princes Lorian & Lothric (DS3)
    5. Darkeater Midir (DS3)
    6. Sister Friede (DS3)
    7. Manus, Father of the Abyss (DS1)
    8. The Nameless King (DS3)
    9. Soul of Cinder (DS3)
    10. Black Dragon Kalameet (DS1)
    11. Demon Prince (DS3)
    12. Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon (DS2)
    13. Sif (DS1)
    14. Gwyn, Lord of Cinder (DS1)
    15. Darklurker (DS2)
    16. Champion Gundyr (DS3)
    17. Pontiff Sulyvahn (DS3)
    18. Fume Knight (DS2)
    19. Abyss Watchers (DS3)
    20. Gravelord Nito (DS1)
    21. Dancer of the Boreal Valley (DS3)
    22. Sir Alonne (DS2)
    23. Crossbreed Priscilla (DS1)
    24. Ornstein & Smough (DS1)
    25. Dragonslayer Armour (DS3)
    26. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods (DS3)
    27. Four Kings (DS1)
    28. Bell Gargoyles (DS1)
    29. Oceiros, the Consumed King (DS3)
    30. Looking Glass Knight (DS2)
    31. Velstadt, the Royal Aegis (DS2)
    32. Lost Sinner (DS2)
    33. Smelter Demon (DS2)
    34. Chaos Witch Quelaag (DS1)
    35. Iron Golem (DS1)
    36. Elana, the Squalid Queen (DS2)
    37. Dark Sun Gwyndolin (DS1)
    38. Sanctuary Guardian (DS1)
    39. Iudex Gundyr (DS3)
    40. The Duke's Dear Freja (DS2)
    41. Executioner's Chariot (DS2)
    42. Vendrick (DS2)
    43. Yhorm the Giant (DS3)
    44. Seath the Scaleless (DS1)
    45. Ruin Sentinels (DS2)
    46. Demon of Song (DS2)
    47. Gaping Dragon (DS1)
    48. Aava, the King's Pet (DS2)
    49. Mytha, the Baneful Queen (DS2)
    50. Ancient Wyvern (DS3)
    51. Deacons of the Deep (DS3)
    52. Moonlight Butterfly (DS1)
    53. Old Dragonslayer (DS2)
    54. Graverobber, Varg & Cerah (DS2)
    55. Champion's Gravetender and Greatwolf (DS3)
    56. Vordt of the Boreal Valley (DS3)
    57. Halflight, Spear of the Church (DS3)
    58. The Pursuer (DS2)
    59. Blue Smelter Demon (DS2)
    60. Lud & Zallen (DS2)
    61. Giant Lord (DS2)
    62. Scorpioness Najka (DS2)
    63. The Rotten (DS2)
    64. Curse-rotted Greatwood (DS3)
    65. Old Iron King (DS2)
    66. Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin (DS2)
    67. Throne Watcher and Defender (DS2)
    68. Belfry Gargoyles (DS2)
    69. Skeleton Lords (DS2)
    70. High Lord Wolnir (DS3)
    71. Ceaseless Discharge (DS1)
    72. Asylum Demon (DS1)
    73. Pinwheel (DS1)
    74. Crystal Sage (DS3)
    75. Taurus Demon (DS1)
    76. Old Demon King (DS3)
    77. Stray Demon (DS1)
    78. Guardian Dragon (DS2)
    79. Flexile Sentry (DS2)
    80. Capra Demon (DS1)
    81. Centipede Demon (DS1)
    82. Demon Firesage (DS1)
    83. Ancient Dragon (DS2)
    84. The Last Giant (DS2)
    85. Nashandra (DS2)
    86. Royal Rat Vanguard (DS2)
    87. Dragonrider (DS2)
    88. Double Dragonriders (DS2)
    89. Prowling Magus and Congregation (DS2)
    90. Bed of Chaos (DS1)
    91. Royal Rat Authority (DS2)
    92. Covetous Demon (DS2)
    submitted by /u/headin2sound
    [link] [comments]

    Most spiders have an hourglass shape on their back. But Quelaag has an hourglass figure on the back of a spider.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:27 AM PST

    It probably doesn't mean anything. It's just a fun coincidence.

    submitted by /u/USAussie02
    [link] [comments]

    The Deed is Done.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:18 AM PST

    It's finally over, I did it! After being VERY late to the party, having never played the games in their prime, I recently picked up Dark Souls Remastered for my Xbox One. Here I am 118 Hours later, and I have just beaten the game, for my first time. What can I say, it's been a hell of a journey, and I just really wanted to share it with someone, anyone. I haven't really played anything like it prior, and it really gave me a new love for the challenge of gaming.

    The community has been super helpful, always ready to offer advice, and even a helping hand for those bosses that JUST. WON'T. DIE. And i'm really thankful to the people who helped, rather than just throw "git gud" at me.

    Anyways, feeling really proud of myself, just bought DS2 on the store, and now I just wait for the download to finish.

    PRAISE THE SUN, EVERYONE!

    submitted by /u/NotAMeatshield
    [link] [comments]

    Guys I finally did it!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:49 PM PST

    Wow, I'm so thrilled, I finally finished the game for the first time. I've had it since 2015 (ptde pc) and honestly I turned hollow, my life had so many changes and I started playing it again since last year. It's brutal to die over and over only to overcome a boss fight. I seriously had so many deaths with Artorias, Manus and Kalameet, holy shit! Earlier today I finally killed the damned bat, and then faced Neato and died over and over to Gwyn only to git gud once again learned to party him and have a little patience, not sure if I'll play around NG+ farther than undead burg.

    Finally I'll play Dark Souls 2, I hope I get the hang of it quickly.

    I'm really really happy... It's been years actually.

    Thank you everyone for your posts. Don't you dare to go hollow!

    submitted by /u/stormy83
    [link] [comments]

    How I fucked myself over on a new playthrough today

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:05 PM PST

    So, I've recently started a new playthrough of Dark Souls, as its the game I go to whenever I'm bored or just want that quick fix of satisfaction. I decided to go to Blighttown using the quicker path (from under the hub area) because I wanted to avoid the depths as I absolutely hate going through the depths. As much as I have beaten this game, I absolutely hate the depths. Even more so than Blighttown.

    However...what I forgot...was that the Large Ember to upgrade your weapons was there. And I just reached Anor Londo, with a +5 Claymore. I'm EXTREMELY underleveled as I just kind of swept through Sen's Fortress (which I'm actually kind of proud of, because that area likes to kick my ass most of the time.)

    So, I'm underdeveled, have a weapon that does barely okay damage, and getting one shotted by those damn knights. All because the Depths midly annoys me. Now, to be clear, I am not a Dark Souls master. I cannot to a SL 1 playthrough using a piece of string as a controller like some of you pros out there, so to me, this is the most difficult run I've done. I cant even really farm because every enemy either

    1. One shots me

    2. Shoots me off a roof

    This'll be...interesting.

    EDIT: Please excuse my spelling mistakes/typos, I haven't slept in like 2 days and my fingers have a mind of their own when it comes to typing.

    submitted by /u/mattythespider
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 1 humanity counter sprite

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:59 PM PST

    I'm working on a project right now and I need pictures of the humanity count numbers 1-9. I play on switch, so I cant just take a screenshot from in-game. Does anyone know of a place where you can find just the pictures of the numbers? Or maybe even the font would be awesome.

    Thanks in advance maybe!

    submitted by /u/GodofCarpet
    [link] [comments]

    Finished a no armour run in Dark Souls yesterday!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:27 AM PST

    Thinking of doing a no Estus run next, does anyone have any suggestions for fun runs?

    https://imgur.com/ceJ3Stt

    submitted by /u/doublecough
    [link] [comments]

    I realized a quite depressing fact from the beginning of dark souls 1

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:57 AM PST

    At the very beginning of dark souls you speak with Oscar as he is dying, he then passes on his duty as chosen Undead to you and dies. When he dies you gain his souls and you know how much that amounts for: 100 souls.

    The chosen undead, the main character of the game, the person that was supposed to defeat the lords and link the fire once again is only worth 100 souls. It just comes to show how insignificant you are in comparison to the lords, that are worth thousands and thousands of souls. It shows how hopeless and depressing the world of dark souls is. The age of fire all depends on one person, that can't even afford a level up. I might be thinking too much on the matter but I couldn't help but think there was a meaning to that amount of souls.

    submitted by /u/Fun_Acanthisitta1313
    [link] [comments]

    I made my own Dark Souls Guide :-)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:10 AM PST

    Is my online name (during invasions, summons, etc) based on my Steam name or my saved character name?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:21 AM PST

    I can't upgrade the claymore past +6

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:35 PM PST

    So I upgraded my claymore from +5 to +6 and I tried to modify up to +7 but it doesn't show up. Am I doing something wron? Please help.

    submitted by /u/fuchkoughff1969
    [link] [comments]

    It’s far from “NG+7 no bonfire SL1 fists-only”, but managed to do all the Artorias of the Abyss bosses hitless today!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:41 PM PST

    Over the course of a couple playthroughs the DLC boss I'd gotten most comfortable with was Manus. So for this most recent run, I thought when I got to him I'd forego the Silver Pendant and try to no-hit him, just to see if I could.

    Got to the DLC yesterday, and so today I was thinking to myself "ya know, might as well try and see if I can do 'em all hitless". Not one straight hitless run mind you, so I did die a couple times. But the feeling of satisfaction upon conquering each one, was quite peachy.

    Next up, idk. Maybe SL1 with all bosses done hitless. Deathless run still sounds scary to me, perhaps one day...

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    Shields required?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:25 AM PST

    So i might be the only one but it seems to me that in ds1 are shields a must, not against bosses tho but against enemies with shields bcs simple dodge wont stun them like a block so you won't have a window for attack. They are shielding all the time, even when they attack they r holding their shields ready to block LMAO. And Yes, so far I'm talking about hollows, dunno anyone else since I'm not that far in This game, just getting ready for Blighttown. Also, in Dark Souls 2 were shields kinda useless when u knew to dodge well. All the enemies with shields had a big window for attack when you dodged and even a smeller shield hitboxes so u mostly could attack them even with their shields up.

    submitted by /u/Kubajs783
    [link] [comments]

    Is my playstyle cheap?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:40 AM PST

    So I've been doing a claw/faith build and its really not optimized for pvp at all, but at lvl 100 at the Oolacile Township bonfire, I decided to do some pvp.

    Forgoing the dual claws look, I opted to use the notched whip in my offhand as I heard that whips could be an interesting and viable option in pvp. I love the rolling attack on the claws, I think its a lot of fun, and because of that the majority of my duels have consisted of me keeping a safe distance, and then rolling to the left or right and using the rolling attack to quickly close the gap and then backing off after one or two hits. That and using the whip to get some hits in from a distance, most of the time I'm always at a distance and I'll occasionally use WotG to sneak in a bit more damage.

    Bear in mind that I'm quite trash at pvp and lose a lot more than I win, but I'm mostly just trying to have some fun

    Anywho I wondered if fighting the way I have is kinda cheap considering I do a lot of rolling around and mostly go for hit and run tactics with my SLB claw.

    submitted by /u/groovin-tanline10
    [link] [comments]

    Tutorial: Acquire the Symbol of Avarice before Taurus Demon

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 08:31 AM PST

    Hey all, so I was going through Lobos challenge runs earlier today, and really loved the idea of his no healing Symbol of Avarice run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhzbJC4Khjg

    Essentially, the run would be a race against time between every bonfire, gradually losing HP unless you find somewhere to rest. The higher your vitality, the more time you have etc.

    Unfortunately, though, I'm on console, so I can't just using hacking tools to give myself a Symbol of Avarice right out of the gate.

    However, with only about 20 mins of prep, and some exploits, I did end up at Firelink with the SoA, no bosses beaten other than Asylum Demon. Here's how to do it in DSR:

    1. Choose Master Key starting item
    2. Go through Asylum as normal
    3. Without spending souls, head to the male undead merchant in Burg, collecting any consumable souls along the way.
    4. Purchase 999 Wooden Arrows (this could probably just be 99 if you wanted, as we're only wanting max Lloyd's Talismans, which is 99 in your inventory.)
    5. Use the 999 Arrows and a consumable soul of your choice to perform the soul dupe glitch demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQUKUgXVrSA
    6. Use your masses of souls to purchase 99 Lloyd's Talismans
    7. Head back to Firelink and through Valley of Drakes, up Darkroot Garden and into the Parish
    8. Perform Sen's Skip, as demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsAQN1mVrFU
    9. Make your way through Sen's until you reach the large boulders with the moveable lever
    10. Allow a few boulders to go down the default path, then move it out of the way
    11. Descend down the stairway that the boulders were initially going down, and walk through the broken wall to acquire the Covetous Gold Serpent ring and equip it for larger Item Discovery
    12. Enter the passageway nearby to find the Mimic
    13. Either consume as many humanity as you have, or use the previous soul dupe glitch with humanity instead, in order to have 10+ humanity consumed for even larger Item Discovery
    14. With Lloyd's Talismans equipped, punch the Mimic, then throw a Talisman as it gets up
    15. Check the Mimic for loot
    16. If the SoA didn't drop, punch the Mimic again and repeat the process until you receive it
    17. Done!

    I know this all seems quite complicated, but hopefully it shouldn't take too long. I don't know if luck was just on my side, but I managed to receive the Symbol within just 5 Talismans. Let me know if you have suggestions for improvements.

    Good luck!

    EDIT: As HotPocketRemix has stated in the comments, it seems you would only need a maximum of 7 Talismans to guarantee a Symbol of Avarice drop from the Mimic, making the soul dupe exploit rather unnecessary.

    submitted by /u/redrocerenihsnus
    [link] [comments]

    DS1 - What is it that makes Priscilla visible again?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:56 PM PST

    I took three tries to beat her.

    On the first try, I made her visible, then she went invisible again, and somehow I couldn't spot her footprints and she nabbed me.

    On the 2nd and 3rd tries tho, she just would not turn visible again. I was wondering if you needed to deal enough damage fast enough to stagger her or something, but I was using the same weapon as the first time, so what gives? I even tried two-handing it, but it didn't make a difference.

    Basically beat her after taking one shot at a time for like, five minutes. Was increasingly stressing my save had bugged out, and I'd be unable to beat her.

    submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
    [link] [comments]

    Defeating Ceaseless Discharge as Glass Cannon

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:37 PM PST

    How tho?

    submitted by /u/Oray388
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Gwyn, and ...

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:47 AM PST

    So, I just finished my first playthrough of DSR. The beauty and openness of this game is absolutely stunning. I enjoyed everything about this game .... except the linking the flame ending. Am I the only person who was underwhelmed by this ending, given how spectacular the rest of the game is?

    submitted by /u/trayford9six
    [link] [comments]

    What platform should I play the soulsborne games on?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 12:31 AM PST

    I am mainly a pc player but I also have a PS4 and Xbox One. What platform would you recommend I play these games on?

    submitted by /u/Shrek96
    [link] [comments]

    Hey I need help fighting queleg the spider lady

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 08:40 PM PST

    I just bought ds1 for the switch and I need some help. If your available to place a soapstone at the boss door I'd appreciate it :) thanks.

    submitted by /u/D3VQN
    [link] [comments]

    Easy way to get the proof of concords?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 12:22 AM PST

    Ds3

    This is the last covenant item that I need. Is the only farming method, the 3 knights in Anor Londo?

    Does anybody know the most simple way to get these items?

    submitted by /u/Baco_Lesss
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there impaled corpses in the Painted World?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:17 PM PST

    This is a separated place from the rest of the world that is hard to access from the outside. If it was a prison what would be the point of killing random hollows, especially if they couldn't get out of the world anyways. Priscilla says the inhabitants are kind, and they all get along pretty well.

    submitted by /u/jimbo_the_mighty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment