• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 13, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 12, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 12, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 12, 2021)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why do all titanite demons have a leg missing?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 08:48 PM PST

    Because, while I'm thankful for that since they would be more intimidating if they had their missing leg, it's not really explained why it's like that

    Or even the titanite demons' plot relevance as a whole, for that matter (except for the fact that they're born from titanite slabs)

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    My 7 year journey is at an end!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 05:27 AM PST

    I did it! I finally completed Dark Souls for the first time and I am stunned, with a lot of mixed feelings. The first time I played the game was back in 2014 and I didn't even make it passed the Taurus Demon. After several failed attempts I simply gave up and didn't touch the game for years. I later tried again but didn't make it much further than before. I've probably started playing and given up six or seven times during the years but this time I didn't give up and I am so thankful that I didn't for little did I know; I had a hidden gem in my possession.

    I know that I am late to the party, the game has been out for about 10 years but I am so glad that I finally took the time and effort to really sit down, try and give my very best and in the end succeed because of it. Dark Souls was the most fun I've had in a video game in years and it is unlike anything else I've ever played. It tested me to the very limit all the time and the excitement I got defeating that boss that I died to time and time again was the most rewarding feeling I've ever had in a video game. After that final fight I felt like I was on top of the world and may I say that I felt quite proud of myself. I hope that DS2 and DS3 will feel equally amazing. I still have a long road ahead which actually feels rather amazing and although I feel a little bit empty after completing DS, I can't wait to complete it again. Thank you if you took the time reading this, I hope you have an amazing day and thank you to the amazing community, you helped me a lot on the way! If you're ever stuck, don't be like me and give up, I promise the game will be worthwhile! Oh, and praise the sun!

    Edit: Thank you all for the kind words, tips and awards! Just the reason why this community is amazing! As I've commented several times already, it's really enjoying reading your stories and seeing what you thought made the game such a memorable experience! Again, thank you!

    submitted by /u/Helios87
    [link] [comments]

    Just logged in and died

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 07:00 PM PST

    Playing the DLC for the idk how many times and I had quit because my wife had me log off to do some chores yesterday right after I died to Artorias and while running back I just ran off a cliff within the first 10 seconds back in the world and lost around 150,000 souls and 10 soft humanity... just thought you guys deserved to get an update on that. Only two deaths this run

    submitted by /u/Schwermbo
    [link] [comments]

    Warning about a glitch I don't see many people mention

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 09:30 PM PST

    So, you know how when you defeat a boss it usually takes several seconds for the souls to be given to you after the "Victory Achieved" text appears? If you sit at a bonfire and level up immediately after beating a boss but before you get the souls, you lose them. I just lost the 60k souls from the 4 Kings by doing this. This is the third time its happened to me over the years; I've also lost souls by levelling too fast after Nito and Seath. I imagine it's also possible against Bed of Chaos and Manus.

    I play on Dark Souls Remastered. Does anyone know if this happens in the original game too?

    submitted by /u/IggyTheFool
    [link] [comments]

    Low soul level Tomb of Giants SUCKS

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 06:44 PM PST

    Just needing to vent (and I suppose ask for help). I'm keeping my soul level low as I'm passing through as many areas as possible before being a near perpetual summon for a friend whose never played before. I figure it'll be faster if I've done most of the bosses on my end for at least early game. I made the mistake of heading down to the Tomb to kill pinwheel and so I would have access to fire enchantment and advanced miracles. I had died maybe a handful of times until those spinning skeletons. Fuck. Them. Spinny. Skele. I've played all the souls games twice, Sekiro, Bloodborne twice. And damn if getting out of the Tomb wasn't one of the hardest things I've done. It's done. I'm out. But oh man. How does anyone deal with a soul level one playthrough in that area. Everything killed me. Arrows, big skele, every spinny boy, even wisps! I hate it! I love blightown compared to that shit. I never understood the blightown complaints. But the Tomb felt like a brick wall.

    And yes. I got the skull lantern. No, I don't have light. Going for a cleric build and I am really trying to keep the SL low so I don't mess up being able to summon in initially.

    Anyway. I fucking love this game. Have a lovely day.

    submitted by /u/dandylitigator
    [link] [comments]

    which lord should I fight first?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 07:14 PM PST

    I just beat Ornstein and Smough, so which lord should I fight first? I know four kings is the closest to firelink, so should I fight them?

    submitted by /u/lAmReallyShort
    [link] [comments]

    If I loved Bloodborne will I like Dark Souls?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 12:42 PM PST

    I've beaten BB about 10 times now im ready to move on to a different FromSoft game and I hear that Dark Souls 1 is one of the better ones

    submitted by /u/HellAllOver
    [link] [comments]

    I woke up to a lovely surprise this morning

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:57 PM PST

    I GOT FUCKING GRAVELORDED IN THE DUKE'S ARCHIVES.

    submitted by /u/SkyeTheBunny
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way back out of Sen's if you do the gate skip?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 03:50 PM PST

    I shit the bed on this one, booted up DS for the first time in a while, thought hey, let's break the game, and locked myself in Sen's looking for chunks, not remembering that I couldn't get back without the Lordvessel, so is there a way to get myself out of here? I am not feeling like doing O & S with a +5 Zweihander at level 30 lmao.

    submitted by /u/Plactoec
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] I drew some Dark Souls items & consumables

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 05:44 PM PST

    I'm drawing video game items as a way to practice and get myself drawing regularly again - and wanted to give the DS items some love. They're so intricate and creepy, i love it!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/HWEWczy

    submitted by /u/controlyoself
    [link] [comments]

    Why does FromSoft refuse to put Dark Souls Remastered on sale?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 10:47 PM PST

    Every time there is a sale I have noticed that they always have Dark Souls 3 and 2 on sale but NEVER remastered, is there a specific reason for this? Anyone know?

    submitted by /u/ReliableLiar
    [link] [comments]

    Miyazaki & Tolkien: Cyclical Societal Entropy

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:39 AM PST

    I just had a revelation regarding an unusual parallel between Tolkien and the Dark Souls series, namely the themes of society foisting the nostalgic trappings of ancient civilizations in a pining for times of yore. I thought about this after watching the Matthew Colville video about Dead Empires (link below). He talks a lot about the idea of society replicating the cultures of the past in a continually degrading cycle of dilution. Gondor is just a hollow shell of the glory of Numenor, and the throne is occupied by a Steward instead of a member of the Numenorian bloodline (Aragorn). Saruman himself summarizes it perfectly when he speaks to Theoden: "You are a lesser son of greater sires."

    In the context of Dark Souls, it is easy to see the parallels with the progression of the setting over the course of the trilogy. The first game sees you gather the Lord Souls from the legendary god-like figures of the lore, and you become the first to link the flame after Gwynn himself. Yet by the third game you are only one of many who tried and failed to link the fire. The significance is diluted, and instead of slaying a god, we slay empowered mortals. In addition, the civilizations across the games remain familiar in name, but we see Anor Londo, New Londo, and other aspects of Lordran subsequently replicated in lesser glory throughout the series. Same with the thematic elements and even the bosses to a degree.

    This was all a random thought that popped into my head, but I realized the "Cyclical Societal Entropy" trope that appears in both settings is part of the appeal of the game series for me. Let me know in the comments if you can think of any other contexts in Dark Souls or other media where you might have seen this trope appear!

    Matt Colville "Dead Empires" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GqBTyXYCJE

    submitted by /u/sonderlostscribe
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone else watch the channel Vageta311? I hope hes doing okay.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 03:03 AM PST

    https://youtube.com/user/vageta311

    This guy made the best dark souls videos back in the day

    submitted by /u/subtle_vegan124
    [link] [comments]

    Just Platinumed Darksouls 2, now on to the remaster

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 12:45 AM PST

    I've Platinumed Darksouls3 and Darksouls2 and now I'm gonna platinum the remaster, althoooooouugh, the save I have has me so confused on what I'm even supposed to do since it's been yonks since I last played, so what's the optimal boss order for Platinum and any notes on easily missable trophies before I reset?

    Also a fun build to do? Ideally with parrying and a fun yet decent weapon?

    submitted by /u/CynicalBambi
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 02:45 AM PST

    After playing through Demon's Souls remake, there was no way I couldn't try more. Then I remembered I had Dark Souls PTDE on my Steam, modded it up and the journey began! I must say the level design is a massive improvement and it was great learning all the bits and pieces along the way. Was on this subreddit a fair bit which was a massive help so cheers to those who frequent it.

    Ultimately found the game to be pretty fair, struggled on a couple of bosses with O+S and Artorias giving me the most strife. I would put the final boss though once I figured out you could parry him it was that same attempt I got him. Found the ending a bit.. underwhelming after such a journey.

    Onto DS2 and then DS3!

    submitted by /u/cohex
    [link] [comments]

    Fought Priscilla for the first time...

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 09:44 PM PST

    And now I feel like a piece of shit. Never killing her ever again. I'm so sorry.

    submitted by /u/Over_Point_9646
    [link] [comments]

    Question about two things that seem extremely hard for early game, should I do them now or later?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:15 PM PST

    So I've done a bit of exploring in the undead burg and there's two rather difficult things I've encountered. The catacombs and a dude named Havel apparently. Both seem really fucking hard for the level in at right now so should I do them now or later?

    submitted by /u/Noporopo79
    [link] [comments]

    Some Hollows were generous the other day

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 07:41 PM PST

    Bless the Sun for whichever hollow decided to put up Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition on g2a for $21. Decided to take a shot in the dark and look at the prices, one dropped to $70 at one point and was keeping an eye out on it. Saw that there was 3 keys for $21-27. Snagged up the cheapest of course, but bless you. Now i can play the Remastest mod and complete my life

    submitted by /u/Pzychotic_Joker
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or is all of the dark souls servers dead I can never invade anyone i’m level 98 by the way if you might ask

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 07:40 PM PST

    Boss-Musik in Action RPGs (German survey for my bachelor thesis)

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 03:46 AM PST

    Liebe Dark Souls Community,

    im Rahmen meine Bachelor-Arbeit untersuche ich Boss Musik in Action RPGs mit einem Fokus auf dem Souls-Like Subgenre. Ich führe aktuell eine Umfrage zum Thema durch und würde mich über jegliche Teilnahme freuen. Die Dauer der Umfrage beträgt ungefähr 10-15 Minuten. Die Umfrage ist anonym und die Daten werden lediglich für meine Arbeit ausgewertet.

    Link zur Umfrage: https://www.survio.com/survey/d/A3L7D5B4Y3A9N2I6T

    Vielen Dank im Voraus und freundliche Grüße,

    Tom

    submitted by /u/Oziak23
    [link] [comments]

    HELP WITH GAEL (dlc Xboxone)

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 02:53 AM PST

    I need help for beat Gael if someone want contact me pls

    submitted by /u/AlbertoRocky
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon should I use?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:01 PM PST

    Just started the game and beat the bell gargoyles. Been using a claymore, but not sure if its the best choice. Any early game weapins I should be using instead?

    submitted by /u/Most-Structure
    [link] [comments]

    Does DS1 Save your Death Stats on console?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 10:52 PM PST

    So I've been thinking about doing a deathless run, but I don't think I'll be able to record it much, if at all, because I'm on the switch lite. So I was wondering if there was some other proof that I could give that I beat the game deathless. It would suck if I went through this and nobody would believe me.

    submitted by /u/BigMounchi
    [link] [comments]

    Is DS3 pvp hard for newcomers?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 02:28 AM PST

    Am i just going to get crushed by everyone if i start playing now?

    submitted by /u/input_a_new_name
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment