• Breaking News

    Friday, February 12, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 12, 2021)

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 12, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 12, 2021)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 2 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fun fact: if a bloodstain shows a death with a parry, the parry sound will still play.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 11:53 PM PST

    Spooked the hell out of me when I heard it.

    There's one such bloodstain right around the Servants' Quarters bonfire in the Bastille on PC if anyone wants to hear for themselves.

    submitted by /u/IdToaster
    [link] [comments]

    Shieldless Lothian leads forossans through the mountains

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 09:41 AM PST

    World's First Hitless Run without Dodge and Ranged tools

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 01:53 AM PST

    No rolls, backsteps, bows, skulls, firebombs and other cheap tricks. No hits taken.

    https://youtu.be/_gP8jjfH8IU

    Previously done hitless runs in this direction:

    • 'No Roll' by Otzdarva. Bow is very good in this game.
    • 'No Bow' by loneWind27. Not using it is already achievement.
    • 'Melee Only' by NeXuRyZz. Meaning here is doing direct damage only with melee attacks. Still used firebombs to explode barrels, skulls and throwing knives to attract enemies.

    Compared to my previous run I posted, difficulty is roughly the same, with a potential to be more difficult due to few Forlorn invasions and bad rng on throne duo, which did not happen here.

    submitted by /u/j_n_z_
    [link] [comments]

    Backstab grab firebomb deflection

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:53 AM PST

    This game is just incredible

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 01:21 PM PST

    I started playing this game about 2 weeks now, I'm nearing the end, fought Velstadt last night, finally beat him after 50+ tries, almost teared up when I got the victory, his moveset is so fast and complex like most bosses in this game. So far, i definitely think DS2 is the hardest in the series, I thought this being my last Souls game will make it easier but no, this game does not fuck around. It has the best OST in the series hands down, no other come close, Majula alone beats every other piece of FromSoft music. The bosses in this game are just spectacular, the one I was the most wowed by is Ancient Dragon, best dragon fight and design in the entire series, I doubt Elden Ring will be able to capture the beauty that is Ancient Dragon. My 2nd favorite fight has to be The Rotten, I love his design, reminds me a bit of One Reborn from Bloodborne but much higher in quality. The level design in Dark Souls 2 is something special, I loved all the smart shortcuts and smart enemy placement, truly recaptured that magical feeling of DS1 for me. But all in all if I had to rank the series, it would be DS2 >>> DS1 > DS3 > DeS > Bloodborne.

    submitted by /u/HellAllOver
    [link] [comments]

    An intriguing detail in the rolling animation regarding equipment.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 06:46 AM PST

    I've played the game numerous times, but recently I began to notice an interesting detail about the standard rolling animation.

    If your avatar wears leg armor like Vengarl's or not, the character commits to a regular rolling motion. However, if your character wears something like a skirt, like the Flower Skirt or Astrologist's Bottoms, the character performs a kind of somersault motion that seems to be inspired by the DarkWood Grain Ring rolling animation.

    submitted by /u/kingdomcome3914
    [link] [comments]

    Mace Drakekeepers Even after 6 years

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 06:20 AM PST

    Love how everyone collectively shits on the big mace dude's recovery time the guy never stops I saw a post from 6 years and a post now complaining about it. It never gets old!

    submitted by /u/dreamoose
    [link] [comments]

    Illusory ring of the exalted

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 03:56 AM PST

    I finally did it. Finally.

    Playtime was roughly 24 hours. Used agape ring for majority of run and a non upgraded craftsman hammer, spent roughly 6 hours back and forth through shrine of amana, xbox decided to dashboard for an app updated TWICE during nashanda fight and nearly smashed it in the process. Died most to rotten, throne defenders and the assholes in shrine of amana. Lost bunch of souls on the way, so glad its over feels good.

    Ending stats

    LV 61 SM 270640 ( mostly on effigies and arrows and levelling up, losing a bunch too) VGR 25 END 18 VIT 7 ATN 4 STR 15 DEX 18 ADP 18 INT 4 FTH 6

    I'm a very average player so found this extremely hard, but fulfilling! Now i just gotta find out what build to do around this ring for pvp! Thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/Big_Tangelo312
    [link] [comments]

    who tf came up with the idea that you had to defeat 1000 hosts to get Ring of Thorns +2?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 01:58 PM PST

    I am an achievement hunter and almost had a heart attack when I saw that if I wanna get all rings, leading to all achievements I have to defeat 1000! hosts. This is almost 7-year-old game and it's practically impossible to invade at least one player.

    submitted by /u/Fixixi
    [link] [comments]

    Are the phantoms of players in real time, or are they like ‘recordings’ of player movement, if that makes sense?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 01:28 PM PST

    And can they see me too?

    submitted by /u/ElderCrimsonhead
    [link] [comments]

    Changing weapons and spells at the same time

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 12:41 PM PST

    Hello Reddit!

    Im playing dark souls 2 atm and its really slow to change weapons and then spell to have for example the staff instead of the sword

    cant you bind changing weapon and changing spell on the same button so you only have to push once for both?

    thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/zeylozoid
    [link] [comments]

    Some enemies don't spwan

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 12:26 PM PST

    So i heard there was an ogre in forrest of the fallen giants, but the fat bastard dosen't seem to....exist

    submitted by /u/Uiiiijkgg
    [link] [comments]

    Which bosses have the most and least amount of attacks

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:55 AM PST

    In ds2 or all the soulsbourne games

    submitted by /u/wankwastaken
    [link] [comments]

    Can't proceed past Freja's bossbattle

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:48 AM PST

    After I beat Freja, I went and saw Aldia, and immediately freaked out and used bone to return to last bonfire.

    Now when I go there, there isn't any item on the floor like there should be after I beat her. Talked to Aldia after and he said some stuff and then dissapeared, touched the primal bonefire and teleported to Majula and everything is normal.

    I traded other 3 old souls to the Ornifex, if that has something to do with this. There is also a bone-like pillar at the end of Freja's bossfight room and when I examine it, says "Alas, nothing happened".

    submitted by /u/Derk_Aym
    [link] [comments]

    Help with SOTFS on Steam not working

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 01:38 PM PST

    Hey, I've been playing this game on PS4 for a while now, but I decided to buy it for PC to play with a friend. However, when I try to start the game, it gets all the way to the total screen, then fails to continue, displaying "Failed to create saved game", and tells me to delete my saved data. I've done that, but it just says it again as soon as I restart. If I leave the issues, and just restart the game without deleting my saveds, it will let me try to create a new game, but then fails, and says "Failed to Save", and kicks me back to the title screen.

    I've tried deleting my saved data folder, reinstalling, making the file NOT read-only (it just sets back to read-only automatically), downloading an already created save (it says it was not set up correctly, then tells me to create a new save, bringing me back to the beginning). I'm kinda at a loss on what to try next. The only thing I've noticed is that inside the DarkSoulsII folder in my %AppData%, the folder containing my save is named a bunch of random numbers, rather than my user ID.

    So there, that's ALL of the info I can give. If anyone has any ideas for how to fix this, please let me know...

    submitted by /u/Gripper08
    [link] [comments]

    Who else missea Otzdarva's Dark Souls 2 videos?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 01:21 PM PST

    So it happened, the dark soul withered (spoilers, I think... lol)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 05:27 AM PST

    So I must preface this with my ps4 is fucked.

    The disk drive motor has gone, the HD port on the machine is broken, it can't connect to any WiFi anymore, it likes to randomly switch off, sometimes switch on and it likes to spit discs out (which is great when the motors fried) also the hard disk really struggles to write anything really

    For example if I wanna download a 6gb game, eg mount and blade, at a 79mb hardwired connection that will take about 24 hours maybe closer to 30 hours. Recently downloaded fallout 76 which is 80+ gb that took 4 days plus, so yeah it's a bit fucked It's been on its last legs for a while but no stock for ps5 means I'm stuck with it for now.

    I started my first SL1 run for any game in the series, choose to do ds2 as for me it's head and shoulders the best, yeah 3s fun and demons souls OG has a nice feel like 2 does but its always been top dog souls game for me.

    Iv been going pretty well found it quite easy to begin with, smashed str8 through everything until I hit mythra I think?... her name escapes me but the medusa poison snake women, never really struggled there before but took some serious attempts to get past her, back on my merry way, no real trouble atall all the way up to and past Velstadt. Apart from one thing, if I die anywhere near drangliec Castle, it would attempt to spit the disk out tell me the game is corrupted and to delete it.

    First few times just popping the game back on would make it work till I died, then eventually got to the point it would corrupt before hitting the load screen.

    So then I had to delete it, reinstall it, play then as soon as I died an it started to reload would corrupt and I would have to repeat the process, also the "hidden bonfire" near twin dragonriders corrupted my game everytime so I had to run from beginning after deleting and reinstalling lol Left drangliec all good again.

    At this point iv got the peasant set with cales helm equipped for +6 ADP +2 DEX +1 END I have the DEX ring, ring of embedded, life ring (I know) and switching between chloranthory and flynns when needed for VIG +7 VIT +7 END +7 DEX +5

    So I'm doing well, or well enough at least, so I thought to myself let's go and get the 3rs dragon ring, or whatever its called, the 1 that raises hp, stam, and equip to replace my life ring

    BIG MISTAKE

    Get myself over to aldias pad, fly through there, get rid of ancient wyvern unharmed by poking its knees with my rapier. Reach dragon aire, collect the teleporting feather of fukyouu proceed past to dragon shrine. Met the flamingballsack again, take out first Knight, up the stairs hit the second big boy.

    This turned out to be the last moment I could enjoy

    Began ascending the 2nd set of stairs towards the actual shrine itself and up pops a message

    Cannot save character data press OK to reload or Cancel to return to title screen

    So before this iv never ever seen an error message come from darksouls always my PlayStation, however the game carried on behind this on screen message so I went up the stairs attempted to kill the last Knight guy guarding the door but since I couldn't bloody see, he catches me I die......

    Game freezes...

    I close game, I open game before reaching title screen I'm presented with, cannot load character, save file corrupt press yes to reload or no to delete save file....

    So I press yes 9,562,321 times, each time just arrives back at same message

    Close game check the file itself "Corrupted data"

    Finally starts sinking in my 1 an only attempt at my favourite game at SL1 is gone, then I get pissy, start thinking when the fuck will I have a ps5 to do this run agajn, will I even be able to play it on a 5? As iv still not had confirmed weather ps5 is actually backwards compatible or if its just the top 200 games

    A little light goes on though, wait ps plus is always uploading bollox let's have a look

    Oh look 3 days ago a save uploaded from DS2, start considering how much iv done in the last 3 days but don't care, get it back get back at it...

    Downloading save data 7 seconds 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 Cannot download

    Attempt this 3 or 4 more times, same result.... Goes to next uploaded save i have downloads 4 3 2 1 Done

    OK that file was from a game I dint have installed

    Deleted ds2. Deleted the corrupted file Attempted to redownload the 3 day old DS file... 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 Cannot download.

    And that is the end of my shitshow of a story, sorry to waste your time but am livid, distraught and questioning my entire life and reason for existence right now, so good to vent I suppose

    submitted by /u/MikimaruX
    [link] [comments]

    Need help beating ancient dragon on pc my souls memory is 4000397

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 12:54 PM PST

    I'm almost out of effigy

    submitted by /u/kanyeweast12
    [link] [comments]

    dark souls journey

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 02:07 AM PST

    man what a journey it has been

    i've experienced things feelings emotions unlike any other game

    you feel alive when you play the game

    now im starting dark souls 2 wish me luck

    submitted by /u/Live_Requirement_381
    [link] [comments]

    I just died to Prowling Magus

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 11:20 PM PST

    in a no-death run

    submitted by /u/kaurib
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 NG+7 Company of Champions

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:37 AM PST

    A while back I completed ds2 sotfs and all of its bosses on NG+7 while in the Company of Champions covenant. I did it with a pretty unoptimized build, so I just wanted to share this achievement somewhere because my friends don't really play souls games much.

    So here are the dlc boss fights(I published a few more fights on my yt channel):

    Aava:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTVBG3XlFis

    Lud and Zallen:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX1LLmefMKA

    Ivory King:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoNiO9tCx6g

    Elana:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGdunT9qbG8

    submitted by /u/Lucho69420
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the awesome rebel shield

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 10:53 AM PST

    So I was looking on greatshields I both could 100 magic resist and dark resist, and if I didnt miss anything it seems like only rebel can 100 dark, and that only rebel and havels can 100 magic. But to the problem and the question. I dont want to infuse my havels shield due to small loss in phys res, and yeah I know its silly to care about such a small loss, but due to only reason I want 100 magic res is because Im about to run through amana on my str shield tank build and I dont really feel its worth to then infuse my main shield. Then we have my rebel, I already have it infused with dark to use in my right hand for when Im at least redeye tanking the rotten (so far only boss I found I easily mess up with a dark attack, so now I just raise right hand to block it and have 0 problems xD). So, what I was wondering is if you can get a 2nd by using ascetic at cardinal bonfire or if its possible to get a 2nd havels worst case in the gutter by doing it there? If not I guess I'll infuse either one of them and then return it to normal/dark after frog is dead, but the best would be to always have a 100 magic greatshield for moments I could need it (I mean, I know I'll get some use of dark rebel later on, Velstadt for example)

    submitted by /u/MJgaming87
    [link] [comments]

    transferring stuff ps4

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 10:21 AM PST

    hi I'm looking to transfer some stuff to another character because i did something wrong and wish to start again. but the heide knight set of armor and weapons are annoying to farm and can take hours to obtain. i am hereby requesting help transferring this and some other stuff over to my other character. help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/0xbadc0d3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment