• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    Dark Souls To "Rock" in the Undead Burg

    Dark Souls To "Rock" in the Undead Burg


    To "Rock" in the Undead Burg

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:55 PM PST

    Thank you immensely for your help in the Undead Burg. I miss your fists already. Though not my first playthrough of Dark Souls, this is my first attempt at a caster build. I was already feeling a wall pressing up against me, and so I cried out seeking guidance - and I found you, who smashed through it with just your bare, hardened hands, using no magic or sharpened steel.

    Despite your only form of communication being punch air, punch wall, furious punching, and rolling, I felt I understood you - like there was a beautiful connection between us. Together there was nothing we couldn't accomplish. A swarm of hallows? Punch, soul arrow, punch. A Black Knight? Soul arrow, backstab punch, soul arrow, backstab punch. Archers? Punch, soul arrow, punch punch. All fell underneath the weight of your mighty fists.

    Despite our success, I feel I betrayed you. As we finally made our way to the Taurus Demon and commenced battle, I, as a coward, kept my distance, leaving you to deal with the beast in hand-to-hand combat. Completely preventable, my absence left you vulnerable, and you were crushed by the demon's hammer. I cried in anger, but nothing could change your loss. This fight lost all previous meaning: it was now solely revenge.

    After back and forths, ladder climbs and ladder climbs, I finally slew the demon, but its cry couldn't match mine when I saw you collapse onto the tower floor. I shall never forget your sacrifice, brave Rock.

    Sincerely, the bad Shierke cosplayer

    submitted by /u/HollaJolla
    [link] [comments]

    The 12 Labors of Hollowcules

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:19 AM PST

    The 12 Labors of Hollowcules

    Hi everybody! I wanted to share the rules for a challenge run I've been toying with. I was always fascinated by the hydras in this game and was inspired to do some sort of challenge involving them. That blossomed into the whole mess you're about to read. I hope some of you will give this challenge playthrough a shot and let me know what you think!

    The Rules

    • The entire playthrough must be completed in character as Hercules. No changing gear between labors!
    • No weapon infusions
    • Soul level must not exceed 45 as that is the approximate average age Hercules may have been when he performed some of the labors
    • Starting class is Deprived
    • Player may only put levels into Vit, End, Str, and Int (though Int is pointless for this)
    • Labors must be performed IN ORDER, though levelling to 45, obtaining/levelling weapons, and other playthrough objectives can be completed at any time
    • Must wear only hollow waistcloth (soldiers or warriors) or go naked
    • Unless otherwise specified, the only weapons allowed are unarmed/Caestus, Short Bow, and Club
    • NO SHIELD, Hercules didn't use no damn shield
    • NO NINJA FLIP, Hercules stronk, not fast
    • In case the weapon restrictions aren't enough: no magic, miracles, or pyro

    The Labors

    1. Nemean Lion
    • Weapons: Caestus, Short Bow
    • Goal: Defeat at least one of the Great Cats of Darkroot Garden
    • Relation: The myth says that Hercules killed the lion with either his bare hands or bow. The cats are the closest thing to a lion outside of the DLC.

    1. Lernean Hydra
    • Weapons: Short Bow, Club
    • Note: Can use one summon for help. Summon has to use Fire Club (no randoms)
    • Goal: Kill the Hydra in Darkroot Garden
    • Relation: The enemy is obvious. The myth says that Hercules called upon a friend to help him cauterize the neck wounds so the heads wouldn't grow back.

    1. Ceryneian Hind
    • Weapons: Club only (Moonlight Butterfly), Short Bow only (Capra Demon)
    • Goal (choose one, or do both if you're edgy):
      • Kill Moonlight Butterfly with three Firekeeper Souls in inventory, then obtain the Moonlight Butterfly horn (yes before moving on to the next labor)
      • Kill the Capra Demon using only the Short Bow
    • Relation: I really could not come up with a very good way to represent this. Hopefully one or the other makes sense!

    1. Erymanthian Boar
    • Weapons: Unarmed/Caestus
    • Goal: Kill five NPCs (NPCs killed during or between previous labors do not count), then kill any Fang Boar while unarmed
    • Relation: The myth says that Hercules had to kill a bunch of friendly Centaurs that went aggro before he caught the boar barehanded

    1. Augean stables
    • Goal: Collect 20 Dung Pile items, then throw them all into New Londo and then drain it
    • Relation: Pretty obvious. The draining of New Londo represents Hercules using the river to clean out the dung.

    1. Stymphalian birds
    • Weapons: Short Bow
    • Goal: Kill every Harpy in the Painted World of Ariamis
    • Relation: Hercules used only his bow against the birds

    1. Cretan Bull
    • Weapons: Unarmed/Caestus
    • Goal: Kill the Taurus Demon boss
    • Relation: Taurus means bull, Hercules caught the Bull barehanded

    1. Mares of Diomedes
    • Weapons: All allowed
    • Goal: Kill four mini-bosses - Golden Crystal Golem (Shining), Pharis (Swift), Xanthous King (Yellow), and Titanite Demon (Terrible)
    • Relation: This was a tough one to represent in-game. The myth is more about how Hercules fed Diomedes to his awful horses than Hercules defeating the horses themselves. But there were four and they're names all had meanings I tried to represent in-game (one is literally named Xanthos).

    1. Belt of Hippolyta
    • Weapons: All allowed
    • Goal: Kill Crossbreed Priscilla
    • Relation: The myth is mostly about the Amazons getting tricked by Hera to fight Hercules, forcing him to kill Hippolyta, the Queen of the Amazons. Priscilla is the toughest female boss so she represents the Queen of the Amazons.

    1. Cattle of Geryon
    • Weapons: All allowed (only bow for giants)
    • Goal: Kill the three giants in Sen's Fortress with only poison arrows, then kill all of the Taurus Demons in Demon Ruins
    • Relation: In the myth Hercules has to kill the three-headed giant Geryon, represented by the three giants, to get the cattle. Since you can't herd cattle in this game, I skipped to the part where they're sacrificed, represented by killing all the Taurus Demons

    1. Golden Apples of the Hesperides
    • Weapons: Unarmed/Caestus (Havel) all allowed (hellkite drake)
    • Goal: Kill Havel unarmed, Kill the Hellkite Drake, collect three Divine Blessings (Divine Blessings collected during or between previous labors do not count)
    • Relation: the myth says Hercules fought a guy by bear-hugging him to death and then one version says he fought a dragon for the apples, which was easier to represent than Hercules fooling Atlas into getting the apples for him

    1. Cerberus
    • Weapons: Unarmed/Caestus
    • Goal: Defeat the best boy Sif unarmed, then cry
    • Relation: Cerberus is a three headed dog, Hercules is only allowed to take him under the condition he doesn't use weapons

    Google Doc with the rules is located here

    That's it! I hope you give it a try. If you don't feel like trying it yourself, you can instead experience my pain on twitch!

    twitch.tv/scrumblyyy I'll be streaming my playthrough every Sunday at 12 pm EST. Come check it out and let's find out how impossible this is together! Or, try to invade me and defeat the demi-god Hollowcules!!! I intend to complete the playthrough (i.e. kill all bosses and roll credits) in character.

    Edit: Thanks to everyone that chimed in; you all helped me refine this and make it much clearer. I updated some of the rules based on the feedback I got in the comments. This community is consistently the coolest gaming sub on reddit.

    submitted by /u/ChomRichalds
    [link] [comments]

    This is game is very shroomy.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:59 PM PST

    I can't really explain it just its combination of aesthetic qualities like this atmosphere of cosmic knowledge embued into the grime of earth, the cryptic nature of the past and present, the souls motif, the relationship between man and flame, cyclical nature of reality, otherworldly beauties and monstrosities, zjust really lines up with psilocybin mushrooms for me. I think pop culture has trained an instinct to associate psychedelic or trippy with vibrant curvy lines, bright colors, and kaleidoscopic shapes, but this game and it's struggles, triumphs, aesthetic style, imagination, and overall "soul" align more with the psychedelic experience for me personally.

    submitted by /u/Punishedkushsbuster
    [link] [comments]

    Is fire Zweihandler more powerful than chaos Zweihandler?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:50 PM PST

    Some people say that chaos Zweihandler is more powerful but the stats say otherwise.

    submitted by /u/LemonSauceD
    [link] [comments]

    Second playthrough and summoned two players for bell gargoyles just for kicks

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:33 AM PST

    Boss fight was over in 15 seconds, ended up having the best laughs I had in days, thank you Xenogear and Japanese letters guy for beating the crap out of bell gargoyles with BKGS and Demon greataxe. Also, incredible job for gesturing mid-fight, absolutely made me chuckle.

    submitted by /u/loox71
    [link] [comments]

    What is humanity

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:45 AM PST

    I have a lot I'm at undead parish and need help

    submitted by /u/Dammck
    [link] [comments]

    What are Titan shards

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:54 AM PST

    I think they are called that

    submitted by /u/Dammck
    [link] [comments]

    Every dark souls player has that one boss that everyone else things is easier then most but you think is really hard. What’s that boss for you.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 01:34 PM PST

    For me its the Capra demon mostly because Th e dogs throw me off.

    submitted by /u/ight-ima-die-now
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Link Fire Keeper

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:13 PM PST

    I was wondering why the fire keeper doesn't want to talk and why she got her tongue taken from her body. I got to the point of getting her body restored after the FAP ring guy but she still won't talk. Is there a specific reason she had her tongue taken out? Can someone please explain the lore on this one, please?

    submitted by /u/KillSwitch1947
    [link] [comments]

    Is the pig head good?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:39 AM PST

    I beat a big metal pig in undead parish and it dropped a helm is it good?

    submitted by /u/Dammck
    [link] [comments]

    To all the pvpers out there!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:14 AM PST

    Can yall send me cool clip's of your battles please! Whichever platform, may it be twitter, insta, whatever. Im really curious as to see how others perform in pvp

    submitted by /u/BenjyHuburt
    [link] [comments]

    I can't help but feel like I've failed this community somehow.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:09 PM PST

    I love this game so much but I don't know how much longer I can. The best I can explain it is, that one friend that is super annoying, but they're just so kind to so many people that you don't want to take out any frustration on them because you know they're a good person.

    I bought all three games and I tried to play them because I thought I'd be able to handle the difficulty and eventually get really good at it. But the more I played, the more I felt like I was doing something wrong. And eventually, it got to a point that I tried to cut myself just because I felt like there was something wrong with me. All because I couldn't be good at Dark Souls.

    Dark Souls players are hallowed names in the halls of gaming. Every single one of you is a hero who is admired and respected by the rest of the gaming community. I thought I could join the rest of you in those honorable ranks. I looked up to so many of you and I still do. And yet I failed.

    I'm so sorry everyone. I tried. I really tried. But for the sake of my mental health, I have to stop. I had the simple short term dream of being a good Dark Souls player, but I couldn't handle the burden. I know this sounds like something a small child would write, because it is. I've been around for almost 17 years now but I have the emotional strength of a 3-year-old. I just have to get this off my chest.

    Even if I eventually come back to playing Dark Souls, it will be awhile. And until then, I'm sorry for not being as good as the rest of you.

    Edit: Thank you for your kind words and support. I feel better already. I'm glad to know that there are people like you in the community.

    submitted by /u/MasterKlaw
    [link] [comments]

    Challenge run idea: antisocial run

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:32 PM PST

    It's a run where you can't talk to anyone, the only exception is the cutscene that plays after killing gwynyvere. You don't talk but gwyndolin talking is unavoidable. Also should you be able to upgrade estus at Anastasia because she can't talk? Another rule I think I will add is you can't kill anyone that had dialog when you kill/ hit them.

    submitted by /u/Anor_Londo_Archers
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally hit Solaire

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 05:50 AM PST

    I was fighting a silver knight with a spear and tried to run to the bonfire but accidentally hit Solaire and had to kill him thinking about crying right now.

    submitted by /u/flyntlockwood97
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for cutting Priscilla's tail.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:24 PM PST

    I'm in the painted world of ariamis, and about to face Priscilla. I'd rather not have to kill her on subsequent playthroughs so I need some advice on getting the dagger.

    I'm sl50 with a focus on dex and int. I've got a Shotel +9 that I'm considering using for the tail cut, but I don't know if using my gargoyle tail axe +1 would work better for this. Any solid advice on chopping the tail preferably before she aggros and how to avoid killing her before cutting it otherwise?

    For what its worth my dex is 19 and str 14.

    submitted by /u/Pirate_Metal_God
    [link] [comments]

    Gravelord sword and toxic

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:21 AM PST

    Does the gravelord sword inflict toxic onto bosses?

    submitted by /u/Aromatic-Lavishness3
    [link] [comments]

    Tauros-demom just kill himself on my first playthrough

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:18 PM PST

    He just jump off the bridge lol

    submitted by /u/Blood-Flare
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons similar to the claymore to upgrade as backup elemental sources of damage

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:33 PM PST

    Hello there, first time DS:R player here!

    I am more than happy with my claymore, its moveset is amazing and overall it is a very well-rounded weapon I am using since the Undead Parish.
    Right now I am going through Lord Souls and have plenty of resources at my disposal, so I made myself a Divine+5 Bastard sword for Catacombs exploration for now. I don't like it as much as a claymore, but it's still great and gets the job done for now. I also wanted to infuse something for Lightning and Fire to keep a weapon variety for different situations, but I am not well-versed in swords to know which one would feel the most "claymory" from weapons I can buy/farm in the game.

    My current stats are: STR 32 DEX 40 INT 10 FAITH 12
    Thank you so much and Praise the Sun! \[T]/

    submitted by /u/JackFromShadows
    [link] [comments]

    I've killed a possibly crucial character.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 05:39 PM PST

    I killed soliar during early game, but I've joined the sunlight covenant,is this bad? Or is it not going to effect it?

    submitted by /u/icyNiv5
    [link] [comments]

    Idk What to do Now

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:02 AM PST

    Hey guys, just defeated Quelaag and Now I'm supposed to go to Sen's Fortress but i only deal Like 17 damage to those motherfucking snakes in armor, What should i do?

    submitted by /u/Kubajs783
    [link] [comments]

    Sorcery build (first playthrough) - where do I get new spells? (Especially crystal) and where?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:58 AM PST

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yeebaa
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal or am i just bad.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 05:08 PM PST

    Hello there. Im slightly new to souls games with having finished ds3 + its dlc's with alot and alot of deaths, and here i go in this new world of ds1 where rolling after playing for a while feels so weird and slow. I feel so helpless against the boss im currently on and i dont know if its normal lol

    submitted by /u/oofmyass
    [link] [comments]

    I've finally completed my SL1 run!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:35 PM PST

    New Londo ghost meme

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:31 PM PST

    Me on my first playthrough trying to kill the ghosts in New Londo Ruins.

    *(chuckles) I'm in Danger*

    (If there is a way to kill them pls save me from this constant pain and suffering)

    submitted by /u/Material_Restaurant2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment