• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 7, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 An epiphany of soup

    Dark Souls 2 An epiphany of soup


    An epiphany of soup

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:36 AM PST

    What the fuck is a soup build you might ask? Ladle and buckler (soup bowl) both infused with fire because nobody likes cold soup really. Naked, obviously, no rings, because then you wouldn't truly be naked. Also make sure you start as deprived for those cheek spankingly high starting stats. Don't choose a gift either you fucking casul, I'm watching you.

    But no armor or adaptability investment? How will I survive you might ask? Either you're good or bad at the game, there's no in between. If you're asking this question, you're bad. So for the bad players, I would 100% recommend the peasant hat and nothing else, otherwise you'll quite clearly exceed the weight limit due to your massive balls.

    Usefulness in pvp? You'll be slapping hosts and invaders non stop, you won't give them time to laugh before they black crystal out due to inflicting the "intimidation" status effect. Make sure that if you are the host, chug estus at every fraction of damage you receive.

    And pve? I honestly wouldn't recommend this for pve, it's far too powerful, basically god mode. The damage output is INSANE. You won't be able to start a new game without thinking about this build ever again.

    Pros: nothing Cons: everything

    submitted by /u/FirstBumblebee9687
    [link] [comments]

    Should I keep going with Dark Souls SOTFS....

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:36 AM PST

    Hi, I have seen people praise this game, and others who 'don't'. I went into this game without any bias, except for loving DS1 and BB, but I've kind of gotten bored, I know I'm nearly done, I've just finished the memory of gaints part, but I still have 3 dlc's to play. I've been told that DS3 is more liked by people who don't especially like DS2, is that true???? Anyways, im just wondering whether I should leave DS2 for now and play DS3 and possibly Sekiro, or carry on playing DS2. Whats your opinion???

    submitted by /u/JackLawson430
    [link] [comments]

    Worst DLC boss?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:28 AM PST

    Mine is the blue smelter demon

    submitted by /u/Copper_Camo
    [link] [comments]

    Do DLC’s count for the platinum?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:01 AM PST

    I'm getting all the miracles,spells,hexes do the DLC's count?

    submitted by /u/BurntMacarons
    [link] [comments]

    World Record?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:20 PM PST

    For slowest deathless run. And no, not all bosses. In fact I never even went into Earthen Peak or any DLC (beyond picking up the first bonfire in Sunken King)

    25:01:18 (no meaningful time AFK)

    Still, I finally got the ring.

    On the small chance somebody's actually interested in why it took so long, just because I had no deaths does not mean I wouldn't take time out to farm up a whole pile of Chunks, or despawn the Ruin Sentinels room in Dranglaeic Castle. Or farm a ton in Shrine of Amana. Or actually clear the various rooms in Undead Crypt or farm (unsuccessfully) for the Black Witch's Staff in Undead Crypt (I did not pull the lever in Aldia's Keep so no Black Witch's Staff -- yet)

    submitted by /u/rnj1a
    [link] [comments]

    Build Showcase: Meet the Scout

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:49 AM PST

    Meet the Scout

    We're starting to get into the classes that don't translate well to Dark Souls. Scout's main defining features are faster running speed and double jump, neither of which you can really do in DS2. At least since Parrywalk and Bino Boost were patched. What's worse, there isn't a single lime green accessory in the entire game!

    There's two wildly different paths you can take for a Scout build. Option 1: all in on Adaptability so you can dodge absolutely everything while you run up and hit people with your bat. Option 2: hexer medium range support (though a Scout with a double digit Intelligence score goes against nature).

    Weapons:

    • Flying Guillotine - Throwing Knives
    • Batsaber - Ivory Straight Sword
    • Sandman - Reinforced Club
    • Boston Basher - Barbed Club
    • Three-Rune Blade - Heide Knight Sword
    • Sun-on-a-Stick - Morningstar (Fire infused)

    Spells:

    • Scattergun - Dark Hail
    • Sandman (ball) - Shockwave
    • Bonk! Atomic Punch - Repel
    • Crit-a-Cola - Gold Pine Resin
    • Fan o' War (Marked for Death effect) - Whisper of Despair

    Armor:

    • Hero's Tail - no helmet (white ponytail in character creation)
    • Pestering Jester - Jester's Cap
    • Herald's Helm - Drangleic Helm
    • Courtly Cuirass - Elite Knight Armor
    • Pompous Privateer - Manikin Top
    • Little Drummer Mann - Llewelyn Armor (sort of)
    • Courtier's Collar - Fume Sorcerer Robe

    Example Builds:

    Meet the Team

    submitted by /u/TheHittite
    [link] [comments]

    Do you like SotFS better, or original DS2?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:40 AM PST

    I would have thought more people would like SotFS better than original DS2, but I have seen some divide opinion. So I'm curious, what's your favorite version and why?

    submitted by /u/bobbyisweird
    [link] [comments]

    Consumed all of giant souls

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:11 PM PST

    I consumed all of my souls of giants before I killed vendrick did I fuck up? I now deal Less damage is there any solution to this problem (if you cant do anything about it can someone recommend any overpowered as f**k build if there is one so I can do something against vendrick. I am basically on Endgame and about to start the dlc I can respec)

    submitted by /u/Malamadre_211
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go next?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 01:40 PM PST

    So I've just beaten all four Old Ones (Sinner, Iron King, Freja, and Rotten), where should I be going next? The Emerald Herald said to go to Drangleic Castle, but the wiki said the next place is Shrine of Winter. But when I go there, it just says "closed" on the big door. Also what about that locked door in the pit in Majula?

    submitted by /u/CounterSniped
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with drangleic castle.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:44 PM PST

    My soul memory is 16.5 million

    submitted by /u/CardboardDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Best PVP hotspot?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:20 AM PST

    I'm farming dragon scales and just wondering where is best to leave my signs. Is there a sort of dedicated PVP area, like pontiff and crucifixion woods from ds3?

    Been leaving it on iron keep bridge so far, but not getting many summons. Also, does matchmaking scale with my level, because I'm a little bit over levelled (148)

    submitted by /u/slaidfh
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Lud and Zallen (path)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:03 PM PST

    I just can't find Lud and Zallen, I now searched for an hour or so. This is by far the worst dark souls area ever made, probably even in video game history. I need help...

    submitted by /u/Olimar_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Ivory King

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:34 AM PST

    Hey guys I already beat the Ivory King, but I had to revive him with a bonfire aesthetic to farm the 50 Loyce Souls. Somehow I can't beat him anymore, can somebody help me?

    submitted by /u/Olimar_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 run

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:19 AM PST

    1st time attempting a sl1 run Just one question, is maughlin needed for anything? I'd guess not since most stuff he sells is heavy?

    submitted by /u/MikimaruX
    [link] [comments]

    I can't defeat Aava

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:13 PM PST

    Simply its attacks are undodgable and unlockable. The worst part is when I call Phantoms, it doesn't stop in one position, it jumps all around the arena, making it impossible to hit.

    Just received the game as birthday gift along with 1 and 3, am in complete love with it (2 is the best of them all). Just went through 14 straight hours of playing, 3 or 4 were battling Aava.

    submitted by /u/Rafa_Rato
    [link] [comments]

    Is the caestus a right hand weapon?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:40 AM PST

    I wanna do a roleplay kinda thing

    submitted by /u/Mephiston_the_psyker
    [link] [comments]

    New Player - I want to change my weapon but this way I get too weak.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:15 PM PST

    Hi, I'm a new Dark Souls player, and I'm currently in that area where there are those witches and those Clerics with mallets (I don't remember the name), and well, I wanted to change my weapon but if I do that my damage will decrease a lot, my strongest weapon is the Zweihander that I improved 8 times, and this was probably a mistake, as it is very slow and heavy, that is, I cannot use heavier armor or shields (unless I get super light armor) and I wanted to change weapons, but as I said above, my damage is very low, what should I do?

    EDIT: With Zweihander i kill enemies with like, 1 or 2 hits, but with other weapons that i want to use, i need to hit them like 5 times.

    EDIT 2: Yo thanks everyone! These are pretty good tips, and it helped a lot, thx u/Antekpjk u/Bodhisattva_Picking and u/MJgaming87 i can easily row and attack without, you know, fuck with my entire stamina, now i'm using light armor

    NOTE: I used Google Translate because I am Brazilian and I don't know how to speak English very well, so don't think the way I wrote it is strange.

    submitted by /u/kadeiras
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Knowledge Quiz

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:01 PM PST

    Hello, I would like to show you the quiz that I've made. It features 20 questions from Dark Souls games and I think I managed to make it a hard one even for the most dedicated fans out there. I would love if you could check it out and give me feedback about it. You can try it here - http://www.quiz-corner.com/dark-souls-knowledge-quiz/

    Good luck and have fun!

    submitted by /u/BriefEast
    [link] [comments]

    Camera spin - Razer Wolverine

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:24 AM PST

    Hi Reddit. I've seen lots of posts about similar issues with DarkSouls2 and a camera spin. Mostly input mappers and ds4 controllers being an issue, but I haven't seen anything about Razer controllers since they dont need mappers. So I thought I should post my experience in case it helps someone - the Raiju and whatever successor to the Wolverine comes, might have the same result.

    Last night I was playing DS2 perfectly fine. I hadn't even restarted my PC before hopping on this afternoon and loaded up DS2 again. But when I did, my wolverine gamepad seemed to be unresponsive, and when I used the mouse to load up my character, the camera was spinning out of control. I read on a few threads of similar issue, that with the ds4, the keybinds were messed up, not completely silent. I figured great, my controller finally died after 4 years. But opening a gamepad tester webpage, it showed it was working fine.

    So, I tried many things suggested in the other threads, from unplugging the gamepad until the character loads, to using different input mappers and keybinds through steam directly. Nothing worked. Until, that is, I found a thread stating that dark souls games are apparently finicky when it comes to multiple controllers being plugged in. I had my thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Hotas plugged in from playing StarWars Squadrons the other week, but this entire week it hadn't been a problem. However, it would seem over night, through an update or some other ghost in the shell, that my Hotas was the true culprit. Somehow it had begun interfering with the controls.

    So, the solution, in my case, was simply unplugging my Hotas, and proceeding as normal. I find it strange that this problem just suddenly happened, without any warning, after a week of playing without incident. But at least the game is working as intended now. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/LightningWolf88
    [link] [comments]

    Just an opinion

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:39 AM PST

    Dark souls 1:

    Best for story, worst for pve and pvp

    Dark souls 2:

    Ok for story, best for pvp, ok for pve

    Dark souls 3: worst for story, ok for pvp, best for pve

    Reasons: ds1 is too easy and if you want an armour set, get ready to spend hours upon hours even at maximum item discovery, and that kills the whole thing for pve, pvp isn't even fun it's all about who can backstab first, no actual combat even exists and that's not fun, and if it isn't backstabs it's anal beads, but hell yeah the story topples the other 2 by far and makes it worth playing once through maybe a second with you gear you looked for to begin with and the hit boxes, I'm not even gonna start

    Ds2 has actual pvp combat, you see parries used and spells are viable and not cheap, all weapons are capable of causing pain even the ladle, and some armour even affects your stats to use in low level pvp and for pve, you can get a huge benefit from these if you're doing sl1 and the move sets are great and power stance is awesome and some weapons have extra movesets from it, and poise is done right, it's not stupidly OP like in 1 for pve but it's not stupidly useless like in 3 and the story itself, it's all about the dark with the right about of edge that isn't too edgy but isn't boring either, hit box could do with a bit of refining but it's not that terrible that's it's much of an issue and NG+ actually is worth playing cause there are new things

    Ds3 is ds1 but finetuned so pvp isn't boring and pve is actually fun, not a lot of grinding and item discovery actually feels like it makes a difference, shame on the poise but enemies are also subjected to this so it balances out quite nicely, hit boxes are pretty good, some weapons and enemies has questionable ones but also not that massive of an issue, NG+ is ok, not as great as 2 but at least some reward exists for it

    submitted by /u/Vosslertheundead
    [link] [comments]

    Greataxes - Any Redeeming Qualities? (PVE)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:37 AM PST

    After some challenge runs I'm going back and making builds around weapon classes I haven't used much. This time I'm doing a strength build and want to focus on axes/greataxes. So far Bandit Axe and Butcher's Knife seem like solid choices for regular axes. I'm finding that the greataxes, on the other hand, either have poor reach or end up being generally outclassed by greathammers/UGS for the weight.

    Outside of the fashion souls (which really is on point with the weapons), are there any advantages unique to the greataxe class? And what are your favorites? So far Gyrm GA and Drakekeeper's have been fun.

    P.S. - Why is the Gyrm Axe classified as an axe but with weight/damage comparable to a greataxe?

    submitted by /u/souls37
    [link] [comments]

    Was Dark Souls 2 your first fashion souls game? If so, what was your build and did you make a story for your character?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:07 PM PST

    DS2 was the first game that I did a fashion souls run on, and I had tons of fun with it! I used the Blacksteel Katana with the Faraam Gauntles and Armor as well as the Alonne Leggings.

    My character's name was Alexander Frost, and he was the prince of an empire that was overtaken by the Undead Curse, so he traveled to Drangleic for answers. Little did he know that he would be roped into a much greater destiny than he thought.

    Please, do share your characters and stories. I'd love to see what you guys came up with!

    submitted by /u/Frost_Emperor
    [link] [comments]

    Just started the game

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 11:26 PM PST

    Is there a shortcut in Shrine of Amana level?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:53 AM PST

    Hello, i reached Shrine of Amana. First it looks amazing and fun but after it became so boring. Level itself not hard but just bored doing same thing over and over again. Water slows you, mages attacking from far far away, lizarmens jumping and one mistake i die. I just got bored. Is there shortcut for this level or any tips for this level? (Sorry if i had mistake in my grammar or something. English is not my mother tongue.)

    submitted by /u/noilcs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment