• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    Dark Souls Return to Drangleic 2021 has started!

    Dark Souls Return to Drangleic 2021 has started!


    Return to Drangleic 2021 has started!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:32 AM PST

    Attention all Chosen Dead, the annual exodus 'Return to Drangleic' is officially starting!


    As shown in the previous post, the suggested guidelines for this RtD are the same as previous years!

    • Create a new character and play through the game
    • Engage in co-op and PvP as much as possible
    • Leave a message that says "Don't give up skeleton!" by the Majula bonfire. Be generous with these messages!
    • Play through at your own pace
    • SOTFS recommended, all platforms welcome
    • In addition to the above, we would also like to strongly advise against using the Name-Engraved Ring during the event, unless specifically to play with a friend.

    And here are a few helpful resources to help you out along the way!


    Unfortunately, PSN Service is having issues for Dark Souls 2 SOTFS on both PS4 and PS5. Vanilla Ds2 is working on all platforms, and SOTFS is working on both PC and Xb1. You can check out this post for discussion on the server status, but as of right now some users are starting to be able to access the servers.

    submitted by /u/SammieAgnes
    [link] [comments]

    Posting my fan art!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:01 PM PST

    Sorry if you've already seen an Artorias drawing similar to this one before, I just couldn't resist. Also, pardon the filter I have really bad lighting and wanted to make the image clearer.

    https://www.deviantart.com/chiefsunnybear/art/Artorias1-3-871752380

    submitted by /u/chiefsunnybear
    [link] [comments]

    Ash Lake just does things to me. I think it's hazardous to my health

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:59 AM PST

    Everytime I load Dark Souls up and spawn in Ash Lake I just can't bring myself to leave. I always walk to the edge where I can see the endless expanse of trees and water and just... stand there, soaking the atmosphere and music all in. I look into the distance, at the far off trees and the gaps in between them and wonder if there is something more out there, even though deep down I know it's all just more trees and water. When I finish, I go back to the Dragon bonfire and turn the game off.

    It's crazy how one area in a game can have that same consistent effect on me. I love Ash Lake so much.

    submitted by /u/aSimpleMask
    [link] [comments]

    Is DS Remastered worth it in 2021?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:53 PM PST

    I've never played Dark Souls, but I really enjoy other RPG games and was thinking about getting it on the switch. Would you say it's worth it? I'm completely new and know pretty much nothing about the series, I've only watched a few videos and it looks really intriguing.

    submitted by /u/colleensclovers
    [link] [comments]

    My 8 year old son just beat DS

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:05 PM PST

    Now he's almost finished on his first NG+ run! BTW, he has no online connection. He plays off my disconnected 360. His toughest encounter was Ornstein and Smough.

    I encouraged him not kill Solaire for his armor and shield if he wants help with Lord of Cinders. The kid parries like a pro but Lord Gwen is still a little too aggressive for him and needs Solaire for distraction.

    My play style is Faith: Stacks Dusk Crown, boost Miracle ring, pyro-glove to use Power within (yes, does stack, Wrath of God, Darkmoon Talisman, Darkmoon Blade on favorite RAW weapon. Preferably Scythe, Halberd or Claymore. High endurance, fast roll, low armor.

    My son is faith too but doesn't get the RAW damage/Sunlight or Darkmoon modifier damage with the DM talisman. Also thinks Wrath of God is weak, lol. He likes the Zweihander and modded it to be a maxed out Divine weapon. The stun damage is pretty great.

    submitted by /u/SentientSnack
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat ds1

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:20 PM PST

    Picked it up about a month ago, I had heard about it and it always intrigued me but I never put aside the time to play the game, but on one fateful day the game was on sale and I couldn't say no. Really enjoyed it and I would recommend it to anyone who's interested beating o&s was one of the best feelings ever. For somebody who isn't too good at video games this was hard, and sometimes infuriating, it was easier for me than it was built up to be, so I ask anyone considering the game to please not be scared by the way this game is portrayed. I have no doubt this is favorite game, can't wait to get my hands on ds2!

    submitted by /u/queenjupit3r
    [link] [comments]

    I've got Black Knight Greatsword and Black Knight Greataxe in my first playthrough.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:36 PM PST

    Are these highly powerful weapons ruining my first experience as I am not finding much difficulty defeating any bosses till now. I've upgraded both these weapons to +5 and They're wrecking everything lol.

    submitted by /u/RudrakshThe1
    [link] [comments]

    I made a dark souls watch face! Free!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:48 PM PST

    Hello. I made this watchface in FAZER.

    I wanted to share it with you guys. The pixel art used is from the internet and i dont remember where i got it.

    https://beta.facer.io/watchface/4FESzFDdLg

    Preview

    If you like it, consider buying me a coffee

    submitted by /u/Acidbubu
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! Jolly Cooperation Anyone?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:55 AM PST

    About to make my way through Blighttown, got pretty far on first attempt but got stuck on a ledge. Playing on Ps5.

    submitted by /u/n8_16
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you sword witch or knight

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:06 PM PST

    Thank you dear phantom In the title thank you for helping me defeat O&S. thank you for dropping a eagle shield +10. Thank you thank you thank you so very much. I was raging over this boss for so long I tried it over a hundered times on my own. This boss is so freaking hard and annoying at the same time but thanks to ye I have done thank you yet again my hands are still shaking as I'm writing this. I love this game I played it once now I'm in ng+ and ornstein and smough are being bullies to me now

    submitted by /u/McTF0fficial
    [link] [comments]

    Any cut content for Ash Lake anybody is aware of?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:30 PM PST

    If there is I'd love to hear about it. I find it hard to believe that one of the most visually striking and atmospheric areas in the game with great music and huge implications for the creation of the world was planned to be limited to a single sandbar and a miniboss.

    So if anyone has knowledge of stuff that was supposed to be there, I'm all ears. It's one of my favorite locations to visit so the more I learn about it the better.

    submitted by /u/MasterKaein
    [link] [comments]

    I defeated the super Londo bros!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:57 PM PST

    After several weeks of being stuck on them, repeatedly being ground to a pulp or filleted with a lightning spear, several ragequits and multiple moments of contemplating whether or not I really was the chosen undead meant to succeed Gwyn, I finally beat Ornstein and Smough! I never thought of summoning Solaire at all until today, and we beat them both on our second try! A massive highlight was when Ornstein was perfectly sandwiched between me and Solaire and we both started whaling on him and decimated his healthbar in a matter of seconds. Watching his hp bar deplete instead of mine was so cathartic, and finally downing super Smough felt SO good after having my ass handed to me so many times. I feel great! I'm definitely going to save Solaire now, no matter what.

    submitted by /u/ManySleeplessNights
    [link] [comments]

    A question for all of you DS1 SL1 champions!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:53 PM PST

    So I am curious, what boss was the hardest for you during a SL1 run? I'm almost done with mine and honestly didn't have too many obstacles but goddamn some bosses made me scream out of anger!

    submitted by /u/kakyyyoin
    [link] [comments]

    Need help demon ruins

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:37 PM PST

    Alrighty so I have a problem. I'm trying to get back to the fire link shrine, but I'm in a little predicament. I am in the demon ruins and have killed ceaseless dishcharge. But doing so I have weekend my black night halberd and am planning on going to a black smith around there. I am wondering how to get back to firelink shrine from the demon ruins thank you

    submitted by /u/Olsonlife
    [link] [comments]

    Is dark souls for me?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:23 PM PST

    I've never played dark souls but I want to, I have hollow knight and I consider it one of the best games of all time.

    Is dark souls for me?

    submitted by /u/phillipAmorris
    [link] [comments]

    Accidently made patches Agro

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:30 PM PST

    I was talking to patches at the tomb of giants and those giant skeletons came and hit both of us and he agroed am I screwed?Can I not complete his quest?

    submitted by /u/ooga_tater
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered - Savegame Problems on Steam Version

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:58 PM PST

    I got the steam version of Dark Souls Remastered and happily started a new game. After beating the Asylum Demon the game kicked me out because it had lost connection to the steam servers. I thought nothing of it and was looking forward to hit "Continue". But there was no continue, onlny "New Game".

    So I restarted and made it to Firelink Shrine and a bit further into the game (actually made it up to Andre's bonfire). Now every time I chose to save and quit the game I was introduced to a message saying "Last time, the game may not have closed using Quit Game in the System menu. [..]". I'm able to continue where I left off, but when I went to "Load Game" it says my Character is Level 4, instead of the actual level (around 21).

    So this bothered me so much, I made a backup of my savegame and started to dig into reddit posts and the steam forums. I reinstalled, disabled Steam Cloud saves, whitelisted all folders for Windows Defender, set read-write properties of the savegame folder; I think I tried it all.

    Now I'm at a point where I keep starting new games and when I save and quit after beating the Asylum Deamon, it won't let me continue (the option is simply not there!) and I have to start over. Sometimes, if I make it to firelink shrine and a bit further on, I can actually continue and look at my character record with "Load Game", but the level is off completely - the character record says it's level 4, actually I'm level 7 at that point - and the "Last time, the game..." message keeps popping up.

    Now I'm sitting here with a backup of a 4.5h savegame and no way to continue. I can't start a new game because see above.

    What should I do? A little help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SandorOfThun
    [link] [comments]

    Did I just screw up Solair’s quest?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:41 PM PST

    Before I fought the centipede demon, I got to +2 chaos servant and I unlocked the door, and I swear killed all the maggots but after the fight, he's taking about how he can't find his sun. I really hope I didn't screw up.

    submitted by /u/Anrkhy
    [link] [comments]

    I need a firekeepers soul, and a mule to put all 3 of my FKSs on a new character.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:09 PM PST

    So I'm retiring my character that I got Plat on rather than deleting it, and making my new character to make a perfect character to help those having troubles.

    So that I dont have to kill all 3 firekeepers and can still get a +7 estus in NG, I would like someone to trade me a Firekeeper Soul, then mule 3 FKSs and some extra stuff to my new character

    TLDR, I give you what you want, plus some items, you give the extra stuff to my new character.

    I would like to do this within the next 2hrs, I have to work at 5pm etz (getting ready at 4pm, its 2pm at posting), and wont be back on till midnight.

    I've posted to r/snuggly to no avail.

    submitted by /u/Somniac7
    [link] [comments]

    Why would I ever unhollow other than to kindle bonfires?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:19 PM PST

    First time playing this game and the hollow system seems a lot more confusing than the soul form system cause idk why I would use it. I don't like spawning in other players and when I kindle bonfires I don't do anything with my unhollowed from, I just play until I die next. What's the point of not being hollow?

    submitted by /u/MemeMiester32
    [link] [comments]

    Proud of this One

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:20 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment