• Breaking News

    Monday, March 1, 2021

    Dark Souls Yet another Artorias fanart

    Dark Souls Yet another Artorias fanart


    Yet another Artorias fanart

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:36 AM PST

    So I kept sketching at this during work breaks. Yeah the posing is in no way original, but it was still fun to draw and shade (:

    http://imgur.com/gallery/6TJdzdO

    submitted by /u/notUrUsualUsrname
    [link] [comments]

    Just learned that Royal Woods and Darkroot Garden are the same place (Spoilers maybe)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:17 PM PST

    Don't know why this never occured to me. I was using a Dark Souls map explorer to look around the map, and realized how the landscape of Royal Woods and Darkroot Garden matched up. Did a bit of research, and apparently Royal Woods (and Oolacile) are Darkroot Garden and the surrounding areas 200-300 years ago. Makes sense now that I think of it. It's literally called Dark Root, as in the root of the Abyss was there, in Oolacile. The Basin is where Kalameet was, and The Sanctuary is where you fight sif. It makes a lot more sense why Alvina or the grave of Artoria is in Darkroot Garden. I knew the map felt really connected but jesus that's cool. Another cool thing I found is that Pinwheels little chamber thing is right next to New Londo.

    submitted by /u/CrazyTerk
    [link] [comments]

    If someone invades your world...

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:29 AM PST

    ...don't take it personally. They're just playing the game. Wishing cancer on their kids or aids on their partner is a pretty crazy reaction towards someone playing a video game.

    Play nice 👍

    submitted by /u/Orna5579
    [link] [comments]

    New Londo Ruins is the single most fucked up place in terms of just atmosphere and backstory

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:09 AM PST

    I just beat the Four Kings and made it out of that place. And holy shit. This isn't a "My god this area is frustrating" post. It's just a "I really need to talk about the vibes of this place" kinda post.

    The place wasn't "hard" (least, not any harder than the areas before it), but holy hell is it fucked up.

    I can't imagine the thought process of the game devs and writers at From Software when they made this place.

    Right, so the city and the lives of all its inhabitants were sacrificed in order to seal away a growing evil that was in the city. Just hearing that backstory in an item description or NPC dialogue is already messed up, but it's the fact that you can actually walk in there and see the aftermath for yourself.

    The first sight to greet you are a bunch of hollows crying in despair and agony. Creepy in its own right, given that they usually attack you on sight and have little time to be distressed about something. The only other time you see them doing this in by the Sunlight Altar before Undead Parish. So are they, perhaps, crying in agony over the knowledge of what happened to this place? IDK but it gets worse

    There are, of course, the ghosts. Sporting that generic, but still creepy, "white hooded ghostly woman" look. Keep in mind these are the restless spirits of once innocent people. Remember how you need a Transient Curse to interact with them? Has it ever occurred to you that the implication behind that is that the spirits of these innocent people are cursed, and so they'll never rest in peace and are doomed to wander the ruins of this place for like, God knows how long.

    You find your way to the Cathedral where Ingward is, and you find the main room of worship is littered with the bones of more innocent people. The bones literally crunch beneath your feet, and there's the banshee with the bone-chilling shriek.

    In addition, once Ingward grants you the key to the seal, the real fun starts. Turn the crank, and down the water level goes. Once the water drains, your eyes are greeted with the sight of mountains of physical mass all over the place, and you wonder what the hell those are. Taking a second to process it, you realize that these are mountains of the soaked, wet, lifeless bodies of countless innocent men, women and children.

    Explore a bit further, and you get introduced to the very threat that these people's lives were sacrificed for in the first place. Darkwraiths, once proud knights who learned how to consume and drain the life out of people. And in the dark, just around the corners, are lumbering, slimy masses of souls. Literally resembling a mass of people's spirits conjoined together with permanent expressions of agony and torment on their faces.

    It's so fucked up that I had to take a break and write this out. Holy fuck.

    submitted by /u/Filegfaron
    [link] [comments]

    I feel bad for Ingward

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:03 PM PST

    I don't have the '' Lordvessel '' so i had to kill him to get the seal key. When i did the first hit he said: 'so you aren't different from the others'' and this made me think if all the poor souls that haunt new London are suffering from the consequences of the same ruthless behavior. I know this is silly, but i was philosophically wondering if is needed to act like that to survive and nonetheless in the end falling in the world of obscurity and endless pain. That's an issue that transcends the game and has obvious connections with the world in which we live.

    submitted by /u/abolish_
    [link] [comments]

    Should I upgrade my spear to +6 or enchant it with fire?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:06 AM PST

    I heard there was a giant who could enchant with lightning which would be more preferable but I can only get fire enchant rn.

    I just rang the second bell. SL 37.

    submitted by /u/NoPresentation6766
    [link] [comments]

    Midnight approached on Sunday night, my silver knight bastard cosplay had fallen dozens of times to that damned Gwyn...

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:34 AM PST

    Wife sitting on the couch next to me cheering on my attempts. She had only seen this level of frustration from Micolash, but that's another story. I finally got him though--landed that third and final parry and he was done. Oh what a freaking rush. I couldnt have finished the game without this community though. I've been lurking for months, and just wanted to say thanks.

    Oh look, DS2 arrived in the mail today :D

    submitted by /u/scrotal_rekall
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Izalith is weird man

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:31 PM PST

    There was this huge foglight that was blocking me, but I placed the Lordvessel and could go through.

    Was expecting a final boss fight or something. It was like a stray demon type guy. I beat him without even getting hit once. (this is my first playthrough so im not particularly good, I think I just rolled well and got lucky) I thought ok that probably wasn't the boss of this section. Then I progress through the area and I find the Centipede, ok cool, lessgo final boss time.

    I fight him for a bit and he damages me a lot. I see around the corner there's an item. I thought maybe its required for the fight. It was a Titanite thingy. Anyways boss comes over to me and I killed him in 5 hits. I was really close to him so this time he almost like attacked over me and couldn't hit me. It was pretty easy and if I wasn't using a Greatsword I'd probably die a lot more.

    I found those giant undead leg walking things much more difficult.

    Then I got completely lost and youtubed how to find Bed of Chaos. And uhh, that was interesting. I died a few times, eventually figured out I'm supposed to attack the anchors.

    But I die again and the anchors don't reset. So I just run up to the next anchor and attack it. Get killed by swipes. Run back, didn't reset. What a weird boss man. I just ran into his core and killed him. Took me maybe 6 attempts but it wasn't 'hard'.

    Lost Izalith is weird man

    But yeah that was me; lvl 78 with black knight greatsword mainly STR build

    submitted by /u/yoloswagtailwag
    [link] [comments]

    I wrote a poem!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:50 AM PST

    I called it hollow crown

    Craft a hollow crown for thy cursed king... 'member my beloved knights,remember the words ov thou ruler: Those who art undead art chosen!

    All you on the battlefield art the ones who will rise this land over the dust and the ashes of past kingdoms once forgotten many legends lived and died here,and more art to arise! Let the dark shine your path…

    ALL of you,bearers If the curse; Grow yours your souls... Stronger,more powerfull… Seek the king.

    The brides make all hate became a curse; One wanted to became the leader… One wanted his king back… One wanted to kill the traitor of kingdom… All souls need tô bem purified!

    Now,Ashen one,rise and claim the sun for yourself! Rewrite history thy will,Redo the land and make the land,the Sea and the Sky yours; Be the DARK SUN…

    submitted by /u/Pvlido
    [link] [comments]

    A poem I wrote on the toilet about Dark Souls

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:57 PM PST

    Thou who art undead, are chosen. Thou who art hollowed, are cursed. Can steel in my hand quench this fire? Can the taste of bloody iron sate my thirst? Forever weightless the Rock is unmovable. Forever winding, stairs to nowhere. Embracing the dark like an old friend. Silence, Madness, Despair.

    submitted by /u/FlaskfulOfHollow
    [link] [comments]

    Crossbreed Priscilla cosplay

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:26 AM PST

    Hello! Just wanted to share with you guys my Crossbreed Priscilla cosplay! It's not perfect by any mean, but I'm still glad I did it :)

    [Pic1](https://imgur.com/PQrZHAx)

    [Pic2](https://imgur.com/q8ROg3F)

    [Pic3](https://imgur.com/RCn2Bfy)

    submitted by /u/hctib24
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls typos

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:46 PM PST

    Now this is a bit of a joke post but I want to see if anyone relates. Autocorrect and Dark Souls make some truly amazing comedic moments. To start of simple why go to Anor Londo when you can go to Anal Land. Maybe you could fight their version of Ornstein and Smoug who goes by the name of Horny and Smoke. Finally why fight Chaos witch Quelagg when you can fight Chaos Witch Queso. Anybody got any other funny autocorrect moments

    submitted by /u/Unlikely-Star-6600
    [link] [comments]

    Tomb of the Giants (fill in the blank).

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:20 PM PST

    What do you all think about this very VERY DARK area in Dark Souls? Seriously, Stevie Wonder would have an easier time traversing this shit hole. I died twice in a row at the entrance...

    submitted by /u/socioeconopath
    [link] [comments]

    Quelagg Boss Fight Summon Me

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:03 PM PST

    I'm level 44. as you know i can be summoned by levels between 34-54. summon me. because co op lol :) . i'll help you defeat quelagg, she is a bit of a tough boss.

    submitted by /u/LuisFromReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Lucky! 1 HP remaining after fall to "bonfire" at Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:23 AM PST

    Some questions for my second run

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:43 AM PST

    Hello good people When the remaster came out for the PS4 I played Darks souls for the first time, and also completed it. After hearing so much about its difficulty I was surprised to find the game challenging of course, but if you master your patience very manageable (still plenty of deaths though) Then having fallen in love with DS I thought, why not try the second one as well? I understand now that DS2 is generally considered the weakest of the souls series, but I must admit I hated the time I spent on it. I haven't completed it, got burned out completely in the iron keep (if I remember the name right) and most likely will never return to DS2 And as a consequence haven't even touched the third game at all (probably will get to it at some point) I have started a new playthrough in DS1 recently, and just ringed the 2 bells to open sens fortress. Just need to some things first before I go there though (getting havels ring, reinforcing weapon to current limit, and so on) This time I went for a pyromancer and are going for a quick dex build, with some pyromancies to complement that.

    Also I summon co-op players for every boss this time, not because I cannot defeat them solo, but because I like interacting with other players so much, some jolly co-operation indeed

    Now for the reason for this post, sorry I took so long to get here, but here are some questions:

    My first playthrough I had the halberd +15 but this time I want to mix things up a bit, after a little bit of farming I also got the balder side sword. The scaling with dex seems good, is this a good weapon to invest in?

    Also in my first playthrough I went for the straight upgrades and didn't bother with the special weapons (lightning, divine, etc) did I miss out and make myself weaker? Or are the special weapons only good on certain enemies and not allround like the straight upgrades?

    To add a challenge for myself I will also try to platinum the game, are there any tips or things I need to be aware of when doing this?

    I know I need to forge several weapons from the boss souls after defeating them for 1 of the trophies, for this I will need the souls of both ornstein AND smough. Now this depends on which one you defeat first and which one goes super sayan, now as I said previously I summon co-op players for boss fights now, is there a way to communicate with the other player which one I am going for? Or is it generally accepted the he/she goes for the same boss as I go for?

    submitted by /u/Morathi349
    [link] [comments]

    So how do I cheese the bed of chaos if I'm in the second phase

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:28 AM PST

    So I get that this boss is impossible unless you cheese it, but all the cheeses I've seen do it in the first phase when its attacks aren't as aggressive and it dosent do the sweeping attack. Is there any way to cheese it during the second phase or do I have to restart my playthrough?

    submitted by /u/hedruits
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a written breakdown of dark souls lore

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:17 AM PST

    Are there any written essays out there detailing the lore characters and world of this game? Anything made by the community to help us understand lordran better?

    submitted by /u/kyuubikun27
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game first time

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:34 PM PST

    Thief class user here, took me 3 months, but I finally did it, I'll beat the game with all the other classes, next one: The Knight

    Lesgoooo

    submitted by /u/VHMA
    [link] [comments]

    I need help I think my games glitched

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:53 PM PST

    So I killed every boss in the game I made sure and I went to the lordvessel and the door to Gwen won't open up and idk anymore

    submitted by /u/Sufficient-Grand7231
    [link] [comments]

    I saw spoilers for Dark Souls 1 accidentally.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:27 PM PST

    Good morning guys, I need suggestions of what to do.

    I recently bought Dark Souls Trilogy because I saw that it was very cheap and they were games that I wanted to play. So I started playing Dark Souls 1 and I loved it a lot, I managed to kill a lot of bosses and I had a lot of fun. But recently I was 3 hours stuck in a part of the game so I started looking for a guide, but when I was looking for the guide I got a big spoiler of the last bosses and the end of the game. So now I am very unmotivated by the big spoiler and all the desire to continue playing was taken away from me. So I feel like I ruined the whole game and I have no reason to continue playing if I already know everything that happens at the end and I also know who the last 4-5 bosses are.

    So what do you recommend me to do? I was thinking of quitting the game and starting to play Dark Souls 2 but at the same time I don't want to quit the game, I'm going crazy.

    (Sorry if my English is a bit bad)

    submitted by /u/Lance305
    [link] [comments]

    Question about how to use the co op system

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:21 AM PST

    Umm yeah, so my whole playthrough I've done the game solo and umm I wanted to help a friend. Any idea how he can summon me?

    submitted by /u/Jreddds
    [link] [comments]

    Where the hell is Darkstalker Kaathe and other hidden stuff?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:52 PM PST

    I have only ever done the main game (and loads of PvP). I am only now starting the DLC (and I know Kaathe ain't there). I know of Kaathe from lore and shit, but I have never seen any ending other than just the basic "kill all of the dudes for Frampt and link the fire."

    I've explored everything in DS3 and I realize that I barely touched the surface in 1 so any other kind of hidden areas, the quests you can do for NPCs and stuff like that... I haven't seen or done and there are probably things I don't even know about to go searching for.

    But I don't want too many spoilers, which is why I am asking here and not just looking at guides. Just point me in a vague direction, like the game does 😄

    submitted by /u/PillowTalk420
    [link] [comments]

    How does damage scaling work for pyromancy hand?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:40 AM PST

    I have just now got my pyromancy hand to +10 and was wondering by how much does it increase the damage.

    For reference use the example of great chaos fireball if possible....

    submitted by /u/Myuhahaha
    [link] [comments]

    Does somebody have a list of bugs playing DS1 PTDE in 60fps

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:18 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment