• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 3, 2021

    Dark Souls Dark souls saved me

    Dark Souls Dark souls saved me


    Dark souls saved me

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 03:16 AM PST

    Dark souls was my safe place years ago while my parents were divorcing, I lost my best friend, my girlfriend, and my dog died all in the same month and I had given up.

    I dragged myself to my computer looking for something to distract me. I loaded up dark souls for the first time and didn't leave my room until I beat the game. It taught me not to give up and push through.

    Praise the muthafucken sun. 🌞

    submitted by /u/Thief_509
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished my first souls ever!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 01:39 AM PST

    Dark Souls Remaster was my first soul ever end reaching the end was an amazing experience! I'm not used to difficult games like this so I can say I'm very proud of myself, this game is amazing! Thanks to all for your help during this adventure, now it's time to try DSII o DSIII!

    My dear Cleric, get ready to die again!

    Praise the sun!!!!

    submitted by /u/CottonShock
    [link] [comments]

    All I have left is Gwyn and this is my final thoughts on Dark Souls

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 03:47 AM PST

    My Dark Souls journey actually began with Bloodborne. I had tried DS1 in the past, but got really frustarted, so I never got much farther than the Taurus Demon. I took a liking to DS3 and beat that game a4-5 times. I decided DS1 had to be conquered to call myself a true Dark Souls fan, so I went at it again.

    With my DS3 experience, it almost made the game too easy which I sort of regret because I would have liked to have gotten my ass beaten by bosses a few more times in this game. The only bosses I didnt beat in one try were Gwyn (still need to neat him), Gaping Dragon (2), Manus (3), Kalameet (3), Bed of Chaos (like 15.. fuck that thing), the gargoyles (2) and Ornstein and Smough (5). The bosses were really cool. Even though I kicked Artorias's ass, it was still my favorite fight in the game. I felt a little teary eyed after beating him because I know his story.

    The rest of the game is awesome. I felt the world came together really well once you understood where everything was. I see what people mean when they say they thought post O&S was rushed, but I think that's also because you explore so much of the game already that you already know where youre going. The DLC was def my favorite part of the game. Watching Gough shoot down Kalameet was probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen in a video game. What made it even cooler was I didnt have to look it up. I kind of just figured it out and I never saw it on youtube, so it was a surprise for me unlike a lot of the bosses that I watched other people play on youtube to spark my interest in this series.

    Ill beat Gwyn later today, but overall I loved this game. All i have left in the series is DS2.

    submitted by /u/DxDeadlockedxS
    [link] [comments]

    “The Depths” 16x20 Acrylic on Canvas

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 02:52 PM PST

    Imgur Link

    Painting I did for my class, had to create an image that combined Fantasy and Horror. Thought of those creepy Basilisks in the depths. Had lots of fun working on this!

    submitted by /u/TrophyKingArt
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing Dark Souls

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 03:00 PM PST

    This game is an absolute masterpiece.

    If this isn't allowed, delete it. But I'm just going to tell you guys everything I love about this game and as a new player to the series I'm very impressed with the experience.

    I'm still on my first playthrough. I've got 70 hours logged on steam. I'm an absolute smooth brain when it comes to games like these.

    Its very interesting how this game doesn't tell you anything, no hand holding no nothing. But with how little this game guides and speaks to you, it tells you everything you need to know. Example, when you first get to firelink and you don't know what the fuck to do but you have 3 paths. One to the Undeadburg, one to Londo Ruins, and one to the catacombs. Unless you're a fucking idiot like myself you'll learn that the path you should be taking is to the undead burg because its easier and you die less.

    Its just small minor details like this that make me really appreciate games like this.

    I'm coming to this series as a hard core fan of classic Resident Evil. And I've been playing those old games for so long that it just comes naturally to me as to what I need to do. Its been a very long time since I've played a game where I actually had to think and figure out what I need to do with very little, or in this case zero, guidance.

    The next thing I want to mention is the music. Again as a fan of classic Resident Evil (RE), of which Code Veronica had my heart when it came to video game music, I can really appreciate how much music or lack of music impacts the mood of a game. Dark Souls really speaks to me with and without music. Sometimes there's nothing like just listening to the sound of my armor as a trot to my next destination. Sometimes its great to bring the mood to a clam with Firelink or tension it up with the O and S boss music.

    The world building in this game is next level. Every single section and area in this game is all intertwined and I've never seen anything like it before.

    I plan to play this game several times once I finish my first play through, I'd like to play a fresh new game after this one now that I have a better idea of what I need to do. But yeah. This game is great. I just don't understand why so many people avoid it, like I did for so long, because its "hard".

    The game isn't really that hard. Yeah some parts are bullshit. But every game has those moments. The game rewards the player that explores and takes the time to sit down and think about what their next move will be. Yeah if you just run in and think you're going to wack everything to death with a base sword and survive, then you may need to rethink your strategy.

    That's all I gotta say.

    TL;DR: Game good. More play.

    submitted by /u/infidel93
    [link] [comments]

    If FromSoft do decide to go into more narrative heavy games, like Sekiro, I hope someone on that team takes some inspiration from Hades

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:50 AM PST

    I'm sorry. I won't make this yet another reddit thread gushing over Hades. I'm sure everyone is tired of that by now.

    But aside from the gameplay, which is nothing like DS, I think there are tons of influences to be taken from the way they implemented dialogue and story into the repetition. The fact that each boss has unique little mini story arcs that play out the more often you face them is fantastic and really makes the repetition more enjoyable. One of the alternate first bosses, Tysiphone has a really great learning experiences through your encounters.

    And the third boss has a great but comic back and forth with their coleague that plays out as you fight them more and more.

    Bringing in different weapons or magic into boss fights will prompt different dialogue if they are related in some way.

    Now obviously the tone in Hades is not at all like dark atmosphere in DS, and you have a much more friendly/comical relationship with them which wouldn't be applicable to what Miyazaki often does.

    But for example, imagine if Seath had dialogue that changed if you brought in a crystal magic? Or if he was confused by you wielding the MLGS?

    Or if the opening boss of a game like champion Grundyr commented on your resolve if you had to fight and lose multiple times against them?

    It doesn't fit one to one, because good players who beat a boss on the first go would miss story content that worse players would get through repetition. But I am talking about a hypothetical game which might not have the exact same mechanics as a typical Soulsborne.

    submitted by /u/Garper
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished the game - here are my thoughts

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:37 AM PST

    So just to start things off, this isn't my first Souls game. Platinumed Bloodborne a few years back, just finished Demon's Souls a few weeks back and completed DSR today.

    My first thought is that I loved the map, its so interconnected and both really easy to navigate and yet so labyrinthine at the same time. I liked pretty much all areas apart from Sen's Fortress, I actually loved Blighttown which may seem odd to some people, but that area just felt particularly unfair since 1 screw almost always meant death with the environmental traps. Duke's Archive was probably the nicest looking area to me since it seemed the most populated (not just enemies but assets too).

    Now, bosses...maybe it's because I was maining a zweihander for the majority of the game so it was always superlevelled but I never really had problems (except for ceaseless discharge). I think Bed of Chaos is kinda bullshit but I knew that going in so it didn't bother me. O&S were probably the coolest looking bosses although none were really challenging but I think that may just be because they didn't have huge varieties of moves or phases. They just felt like stronger enemies rather than spectacles in most cases.

    Although I will add that I both loved and yet hated how convoluted the covenant system was, like joining Darkwraiths or Gravelords was awesome and I'd never be able to do that without a guide.

    Overall I would say it was cool and there were definitely more parts I liked than didn't (it was really just the bosses which was weird since they were better in DeS). Looking forward to playing DS2 next, which I know seems to be the black sheep of the family, and super excited to play DS3 after (mainly because it looks like BB).

    I guess it's true what they say, your first Soulsborne is the best one because Bloodborne was head and shoulders above this game in every aspect (for me atleast)

    submitted by /u/Orobourous87
    [link] [comments]

    when to use humanity?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 12:10 AM PST

    noob here. humanity has a lot of perks, so when is the right time to use it? I'm in Undead Parish if that helps any. and if you die, do you stay human?

    submitted by /u/aloneonceagain
    [link] [comments]

    Tomb of the giants

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:10 AM PST

    Is there anyway to make this area brighter

    submitted by /u/bigmandonniepicgamer
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to play co-op with friends. I’m getting pissed.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 10:45 PM PST

    I have restricted and password accessible network setting for a friend and me to play co-op through DS1. Aaaaand keep getting invaded. Am I doing something wrong? The invaders seem to have super powerful magic attacks that kill us each in one hit. Super frustrating and really killing our motivation to keep playing the game. Made it to Anor Londo which I assume is a multiplayer PVP popular area? Idk what to do.

    submitted by /u/smackeldwarf
    [link] [comments]

    Does Anor Londo not look as good as the rest of the game up to that point?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:27 AM PST

    This is in reference to the PS3 version. Just got to Anor Londo for the first time, and maybe it's just the difference in style playing tricks on me, but I could swear that the building shapes and textures look a lot flatter and less detailed than most other places I've been up to this point. Has anyone else gotten this impression?

    submitted by /u/Shoop-Delawoop
    [link] [comments]

    Does this game is still good for people with poor sense of direction?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:47 PM PST

    I play a lot of monster hunters, dragons dogma, and witcher 3. I really like epic battle with big boss. And my friends keep recommending me Dark Souls.

    The problem is I am a bit say "directionally challanged" irl. Do you think I can enjoy dark souls games despite my flaws? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Cuddles_THEDESTROYER
    [link] [comments]

    Mushroom people, Pixel Fanart

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 02:22 PM PST

    This is my biggest animation work in Pixel art so far. Hope you like it :

    https://imgur.com/gallery/IoDvIHF

    submitted by /u/DelireMan7
    [link] [comments]

    Need soul level advice!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 11:19 PM PST

    So I've been curious for a while about what exactly is the purpose of going to 120 and staying at that level. Why do so many people base all their builds around it and what are the advantages to it oppose to further leveling? Would really help clear the confusion I'm having with said topic!

    submitted by /u/SpookaDrew
    [link] [comments]

    Dar Souls 2

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 04:06 AM PST

    I played DS1 multiple times and although DS3. but DS2 was like the most disgusting feeling when i played it. I played a few hours but i couldnt get over the inconsistency of the game. i found an armor type of enemy, he killed me and next time at the same place he was gone. although it feels so sloppy and where the fu*k i get the second weapon? so my question would be: does the game pay you out for taking the torture of the weirdness in its built? does it feel good to finish or are you just asking "wtf was that?" after you played it?

    submitted by /u/loadedneutron
    [link] [comments]

    Help pls

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:17 AM PST

    Hi Guys!! Anyone have spare time to help me with my build?

    I'm trying to do a strength build following this

    https://youtu.be/4arcOES1NOc

    I have almost done it, but I need help with Capra demon and maybe just keeping going forward with story in co-op.

    Anyone willing to help?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Let_Tony
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone need help with smough and ornstein?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 10:12 PM PST

    ps4 only tho

    submitted by /u/travistravis0o9
    [link] [comments]

    Is it too late to change from a dex to a quality build?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 07:41 PM PST

    I just started DS1 and for some reason decided to go dex, because I hated moving slow and greatsword movesets. But as I am now about half way into the game (about to fight O&S), I find myself wearing a havel's ring with beefy armor to mid roll anyways, so at this point I might as well commit to at least a quality build so I can use my claymore.

    My stats:

    sl55; 22vit/20end/14str/40dex

    Is it too late to try to charge to 28 strength to use the claymore here and there with my balder sword as well? I could go cheese some darkroot farming after O&S.

    submitted by /u/SeekingMoreAlpha
    [link] [comments]

    is there any way to stop items from changing order after you organize them yourself?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 01:37 AM PST

    it's so annoying. i took the time to organize everything in their own sections but it always ends up changing even when i don't pickup new items. for those asking why i'd do such a thing, i was just trying to make sure i collected everything in the game, still a pain to have all that tedious work undone for nothing though.

    submitted by /u/switchsouls
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls sort of ruined the way I feel about video game difficulty.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 08:18 AM PST

    I have been a very longtime fan of the series, having played every game extensively except for Demon's Souls. I loved how difficult, and yet fair the games were. Once you get used to certain mechanics/enemies/areas etc, the game is a cakewalk. But you have to EARN that experience, through trial after trial and error after error. You essentially throw yourself at thr problem at hand, until either it breaks, or you do. And that's what I love about the game.

    However, I have noticed that most other games are starting to seem like... I dunno. Too easy, I guess? I can play essentially any game with combat in it and the second I start thinking "Wait a second, I can treat this like Dark Souls" the game becomes basically beaten already. God of War on the hardest difficulty, Titanfall 2's campaign on the hardest difficulty, hell, even games like Terraria and Minecraft become easy to the point of boredom.

    Am I alone in this? Am I like, mentally unwell or something?

    submitted by /u/DevDaNerd0
    [link] [comments]

    A Musical Tribute for Dark Souls

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:58 PM PST

    So I've been feeling a little knocked up lately, and remembered the feeling when you just sit at the bonfire to rest your mind, gaining forces to eventually continue.

    Creating this really short piece of music helped me a ton. I hope you enjoy it :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VfERyDDwcY

    submitted by /u/Nattramn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment