• Breaking News

    Monday, February 15, 2021

    Dark Souls Dark Souls Remastered All bosses No Damage. I did it...This has been a personal challenge and I have managed to defeat all the bosses without taking damage. Awesome Game <3

    Dark Souls Dark Souls Remastered All bosses No Damage. I did it...This has been a personal challenge and I have managed to defeat all the bosses without taking damage. Awesome Game <3


    Dark Souls Remastered All bosses No Damage. I did it...This has been a personal challenge and I have managed to defeat all the bosses without taking damage. Awesome Game <3

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 04:58 PM PST

    Made a Valentine's Day card for the girl who introduced me to the Soulsborne series.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 06:03 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/a/vhkLBHZ

    I made this card for the Kamrade who introduced me to the Soulsborne series.

    Context: the cat in Solaire's arms is her cat whose name is also Solaire.

    Happy Valentine's to you all. If nothing else, remember that Solaire loves you and is rooting for you to keep shining brightly.

    If you like my art I post more frequently on Instagram @madland.dreamer.workshop

    Cheers, all. May the Dream guide thee.

    Edit: Thankya for the awards, dear hollows!

    submitted by /u/the_madland_dreamer
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls and Berserk

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 01:11 AM PST

    This isn't one of those posts that are going to point out all the Berserk references in Dark Souls, but I just wanted to say that ever since I started reading Berserk my appreciation for this game's unrivaled atmosphere and lore has increased. You can really see how much Miyazaki loves the Manga in his game design. Definitely makes me want to play through the games again with the biggest swords I can find :)

    submitted by /u/ClericPatches
    [link] [comments]

    When did everything go wrong?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 02:06 AM PST

    The world seemed to be a peaceful, prosperous place back in the age of the gods, but now it's been reduced to almost nothing. My question is, where did it all go wrong?

    There are several events that could have been the beginning of the end times.

    • Desertion of the Nameless King from Gwyn
    • The start of the Abyss
    • Corruption of the Four Kings
    • Creation of the Demons
    • The start of the Undead Curse

    Was it any one of these particular events or more of a combination of all of them that led to the end of everything?

    submitted by /u/Hannuxis
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered: A Retrospective (by me!)

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:57 PM PST

    I beat Dark Souls for the first time a couple hours ago. I have a lot I want to say, but first, a little history.

    The first Soulsborne game I ever beat was Bloodborne on the PS4. It was long, it was difficult, but it was incredible. That was around mid 2020. My success in Bloodborne (beat every single boss my first playthrough, as is my tradition now) emboldened me to try Dark Souls 3.

    DS3 took some doing, but something clicked right after Abyss Watchers, and I was on my way. I beat it and both DLCs in late 2020, and am currently on NG+9.

    I've had DS1 and DS2 in my steam library for a long time. Sitting there, daring me. I've tried to get into both games for a long time. I'm still trying DS2.

    But DS1 clicked for me a few weeks ago, after I beat Bell Gargoyles. For literal months beforehand, I would launch DS1, run back to Gargoyles, swing a few times, and die. Then close the game and go back to whatever I was playing beforehand. This happened fewer times than you might think (I'm guessing around three). However, it was stretched over months.

    Then, one day, something happened. I tried them once, died, and thought, "You know, I might as well check the wiki article, to see if there's anything helpful." So I did, and while nothing specifically was helpful, the vibe I got from the whole article was "don't be a bitch."

    All right. I ran to the gate, threw some pine resin on my unupgraded battle axe (because fuck it), and went in, with no expectations. Well, I beat them, and there was a click. A small click, but a click nonetheless.

    I kept playing, and once I beat Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon, and Moonlight Butterfly in one day, everything suddenly made sense, and I didn't really stop until today. All I want to do here is go over my thoughts on some aspects of the game.

    The Controls: I don't see how people complain about the controls in this game when DS2 literally feels like playing an online game with a good 1500 ping. I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times the eight-direction rolling caused me issues, and I'm used to the "double-tap B while sprinting" jump because of Bloodborne. Hell, the lock-on system is better and more responsive than it is in DS3.

    The Speed (or lack thereof): This isn't a game for impatient people. It's almost meditative. Attacks (at least with the weapons I was using) have huge endlag, and you need to time them well. However, enemies also have huge endlag with most of their moves/combos, so if you actually pay attention to their movements, tells, and distance, you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Estus drinking locks you in place and is slow as hell. You need to time this even more carefully than weapon swings. However, when it is timed properly, there is no problem with getting attacked when drinking, because you won't be. There were a few bosses that consistently punished me for drinking, even if I thought I timed it well (namely Kalameet and Manus), but it wasn't too bad overall.

    The Areas: Most of the areas in this game are sheer masterpieces. It would be shorter to list the areas that aren't: Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, Tomb of Giants, Royal Wood, Oolacile Township, and Painted World of Ariamis. No game I have ever played has had level design on par with DS1. Not even Bloodborne. The interconnectedness astounded me, as well as the cleverness of shortcuts and the sheer number of them that went right back to Firelink (that first one that came back from Undead Parish right to the shrine absolutely blew me away). And yes, I do think Blighttown is a brilliant piece of game design. Fuck the toxic darts and miniature fire-breathing dogs, but the level design is unparalleled.

    The Bosses: I might catch some flak for this, but I think the bosses in this game are very easy. Maybe this is my experience in Bloodborne and DS3 cheating for me, but the hardest boss for me was Manus, and he only took me 11 tries. But just because I think they're easy doesn't mean I think they're bad. In fact, this game might just be the best Soulsborne game for pure good:bad boss ratio. Very, very few bosses were actually flat-out bad in this game. A lot of them were absolutely phenomenal. Real quick, I'd like to talk about the bosses that stood out to me:

    Ornstein and Smough: Incredible boss design, completely fair fight. I love the patience it demands, love the setting, love Anor Londo, and love their character design. I do wish it was harder, however.

    Knight Artorias: Wonderful fight. It really shows you why he was "unmatched with a greatsword." His movement is beautiful, his moves are just fast enough to keep you on your toes, but slow and spaced-out enough to give you time to breath. Possibly my favorite boss in the game.

    Bed of Chaos: FUCK.

    Kalameet: Better than Midir? Not sure, but it's damn close. His design is gorgeous, his fight never felt unfair (his downward fire is better designed than King of the Storm in DS3, for God's sake), and he properly fucked me up a couple times.

    Manus: Hardest boss for me. Aggressive as hell, big hitboxes, high damage. But fun. Maybe just the tiniest bit too fast for this game, but maybe I'm just a fool. Again, completely fair and a fitting end to the DLC.

    Gwyn: Man, I felt bad. I don't think he should be parriable. Three parries and a single stray R1 and he died. One try, probably less than a minute. I'm not parrying him next time.

    The Experience: Unmatched. I can't explain how this game, especially the first half, made me feel. No game, not even Bloodborne, has made me feel the way DS1 did. Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful sound design, wonderful ambience, wonderful everything.

    Bottom Line: One of the very few games I've played that I'd consider absolutely essential. If Bloodborne didn't exist, I'd call DS1 the best game ever made. Love it to death.

    submitted by /u/the_avenue
    [link] [comments]

    did i git gud?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:06 PM PST

    to deal with the anor londo archers I just 2hand a greatshield and shield bash them off

    submitted by /u/depressionated
    [link] [comments]

    Help wit speedrunning

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 04:26 AM PST

    With*

    I'm thinking about starting to speedrun this game and i was interested in any% glitchless runs. But it doesn't seem to exist a proper set of rules for this category (no warp exists but many other glitches are allowed, and i wanted something as "clean" as possible). Where can i find a more or less official ruleset and/or detailed route guide? Is there even a dedicated subreddit for dsr speedrunning?

    submitted by /u/rickygiove
    [link] [comments]

    Bonfire questions

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 04:17 AM PST

    Is there a reason to not kindle all of them? I mean seems like you get more than enough humanity to do so, they stay on ng+ so seems like a good deal to just kindle as many you can right?

    submitted by /u/VSauceDealer
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 1 REMAKE (Not Remaster!)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 04:11 AM PST

    I think we've all seen Bluepoints amazing remake of Demons Souls & how they preserved the spirit of the original while amazingly remaking the outdated aspects, revamping the animations, graphics, music...etc.

    I know we got a Dark Souls Remaster a couple of years ago, BUT, have we ever considered the possibility of a Dark Souls 1 REMAKE?

    Think about it, how amazing would it be if you got to experience the same game but with next gen graphics, updated visuals & combat, quality of life improvements, and more enhanced co-op & pvp? Essentially it would be the exact same thing bluepoint did with Demons Souls but on a much bigger scale because obviously Dark Souls is 10x larger & more immersive.

    I just want to see it happen on the next gen consoles & i believe it is doable. Bluepoint have shown their ability to handle this type of projects & i just want to hear your thoughts on this if you think it's a good idea or if you want to re-experience the game in a more fleshed out modern setting.

    submitted by /u/Captain_Beemo_
    [link] [comments]

    People who invade outside of O&S boss room...

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:55 AM PST

    Fuck you guys. Seriously. My humanity is being rapidly drained.

    submitted by /u/RandomCowch
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for gaping dragon?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 01:41 AM PST

    My build is sorta all over the place: lvl 24, 16 attunement, 16 strength, 14 intelligence and vitality, 12 endurance and dexterity and 11 everything else. My most upgraded weapon is the club which is at +1, and thus, does very little damage. I've also got fireballs. great soul arrows, combustion and magic weapon, all of which do decent damage but its really hard to actually hit him with it, because it dosent stay locked on for some reason. His grab and tail swipe always fuck me up, the former because its a one-hit kill, the latter because it cant be blocked. In addition, whenever he does the vomit thing, I instantly panic and either run off the ledge or run into the boss. I dont actually know what the vomit thing does, but given that this is the depths, its probably some stupid bullshit. Tips on beating this thing?

    submitted by /u/somethinglikemrdavis
    [link] [comments]

    Skeleton boss jumpscare?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 12:51 AM PST

    So I remember watching a video a few years back (could be from anytime between like 2006 and 2016) of someone playing a game, walking around in the dark and then all of a sudden a giant skeleton man comes into view, they freak out and the boss/skeleton kills them. I always thought this game was Dark Souls. I haven't thought about this clip for years but I thought about it just now (a few months after finally completing the game) and that boss doesn't exist right? Is there a second way one can fight Nito? Because the character I remember shared a lot of resemblance to Nito, almost too much resemblance to be a coincidence. Was this a completely other game or is there another way to fight or something, does anyone know?

    submitted by /u/Lucker_Kid
    [link] [comments]

    DARK SOULS ANIME INTRO

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 06:09 PM PST

    hi guys, i edited a intro for dark souls like if was evangelion.
    may contain spoilers.

    enjoy, and tell me what you think

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvxvfKuX30&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=SHENBULANCIA911

    submitted by /u/mortadeladbd
    [link] [comments]

    Undead Female Merchant died randomly

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 12:33 AM PST

    There's no way I could have killed her, I've never attacked near there or anything. Did Lautrec do it? I wanted to get poison arrows to get past the stupid ass Black Knight archers in Anor Londo. Apparently there's no other way to get poison arrows, but I really don't want to keep grinding that part of the game, it's so fucking broken

    submitted by /u/Sisyphus_Salad
    [link] [comments]

    Need help! Where do i go after Quelaag's Dom

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:33 PM PST

    Hello guys,

    I am playing on the Ps4 and I need some help regarding where i should go next.

    First, i started the game talked to the guy and he said to ring 2 bells. I went towards the stairs and palace and killed the 2 gargoyles and rang the first bell then i went from Blighttown and I just completed the Quelaag's Dom and rang the 2nd bell. There was an animation where a fortress opened. However as i went down the ladder from the 2nd bell i came into this place called Demon's ruins and went to its first fog to find a boss who will not take any damage from me because i have not got a chance to upgrade my weapons yet.

    I looked online for some help and they told me to go to sen's fortress. However, i cannot get out of this place with the homeward bone brings me back to this bonfire at Demon's ruins and Blightown is a place i never want to go back to with all those poison swamp.

    I feel like i met Blacksmith Andre somewhere but maybe i feel that way because he looks the same guy as the smith in dark souls 3.

    So, basically i am just stuck here underpowered with no upgraded weapons on this bonfire right past the 2nd bell. Please help me.

    submitted by /u/DifficultNothing4958
    [link] [comments]

    The military forces of Lordran, Drangleic and Lothric

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 05:13 AM PST

    You can see the Centipede Demon early

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 04:25 AM PST

    did you guys know that you can see the centipede demon before you actually fight him as you enter lost izalith. Hes hanging on the wall near the bonfire. once you beat him and go back to the area you first saw him his body will be gone. blew my mind when i first noticed

    submitted by /u/GIRLvsGAME
    [link] [comments]

    In need of Divine Weapon +10

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:09 PM PST

    Hey guys! Not sure if many people reach out for help here but I'm going for the platinum and I've screwed myself over and wasted my white titanite slab, voiding the divine weapon trophy unless I do another play-through up until the Tomb of the Giants to get another Is anybody out there willing to drop a white titanite slab for me, or drop a +10 divine weapon just so the trophy will pop and I'll hand it straight back? Would be so much appreciated Thanks

    submitted by /u/CompanyOriginal
    [link] [comments]

    Got cursed in the depths...what do I do?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 02:29 PM PST

    First of all, fuck the depths. Second of all, should I keep going and try to kill the gaping dragon at half HP(so that I can be done with this whole area and not have to worry about getting cursed again), and then try to find a purging stone afterwards, or should I farm 6000 souls and then go back to firelink to get the stone before killing the gaping dragon? Note that if I have to go all the way back to firelink to get the stone only to come back to the depths and get cursed again, I will most probably quit the game out of sheer anger. The third option is I get the stone but then go to some other area(in fact the only reason I bothered killing capra and coming here was so that I could get the pyromancy guy, and I've already got him)

    submitted by /u/BOIkratos1234
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ is quite fun

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 11:54 PM PST

    I beat dark souls for the first time last month, but I only tried NG+ today. When I played it for the first time, it took me like 3 hours to get from Undead Burg bonfire to Taurus Demon and then beating it. But now I'm ~3hrs+ in NG+ and I beat everything up until Quelaag already, dying thrice only. Also before I finished NG, I grinded a lot so now I'm SL130 with several maxed out weapons and only now am I finally using Quelaag's sword, Orny's spear, Priscilla's scythe, etc. I didn't level int nor faith much tho, so I'm still stuck with my pyro glove. I hope I can finish this 2nd run through before I return the disc to my cousin lol

    submitted by /u/IWillDominic
    [link] [comments]

    are there any specific places that have very active co op?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:23 AM PST

    im trying to get a platinum and i hae to join the sun covenant which requires 25 luck unless i help people, the thing is that i cant find anyone at the gargoyles, are there any good places?

    submitted by /u/vagg009
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Dark Souls 1 after giving up

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 02:53 PM PST

    It took me one month, actually less time than I anticipated, but all those 80 hours in that month were so well spent. I gave up at the Bell Gargoyles after I beat them after about 20 tries, I just had no drive to continue. A year later it kept bothering me that I gave up, so I went and tried again. I was too stubborn to give up again, as it would just keep nagging me.

    But I did it. I'm still shaking. I just beat Gwyn, and I'll be going for the other ending in NG+.

    It was such a great experience. I wish I could re-experience the whole game, including all the rages.

    Next up is Dark Souls 3! \[T]/

    submitted by /u/slaughteredcat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment