• Breaking News

    Friday, February 5, 2021

    Dark Souls Dark Souls cured my cancer, ended world hunger, adopted 6 kids and restored my faith in humanity

    Dark Souls Dark Souls cured my cancer, ended world hunger, adopted 6 kids and restored my faith in humanity


    Dark Souls cured my cancer, ended world hunger, adopted 6 kids and restored my faith in humanity

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:51 PM PST

    It also found my lost dog from when I was five.

    submitted by /u/SardonicWhit
    [link] [comments]

    I love when NG+ players summon me for Gargoyles.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:55 PM PST

    With my NG character I'm there for moral support and fancy fireball fireworks.

    submitted by /u/shinysanchez
    [link] [comments]

    Found the T-Posing kissing golems in my last randomizer run!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:28 PM PST

    Playing Dark Souls has reignited my hope for the video game industry

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:50 AM PST

    I've been playing dark souls remastered for the very first time, and just got to the second bonfire in blighttown after a lot of suffering (albeit way less than I was expecting) and I feel so fucking good about my accomplishments in the game that I was compelled to post some rambling thoughts that I'm sure have been expressed here before.

    The past few years I have barely played any games, the ones I did I half assed and never completed. I figured I was just getting older and drifting away from games, however, playing dark souls makes me feel like I'm 11 and playing Skyrim on a rainy day and I love it.

    It's so incredibly refreshing to actually get immersed for the first time in as long as I remember, I've been so tired of these stagnant rinse and repeat titles released year after year I had honestly lost hope.

    Dark souls pushes you to constantly improve and adapt, it makes you appreciate your own accomplishment and progress, not the incessant loot, the pretty landscapes and fancy killcams that most games lazily spoon feed your dopamine receptors with.

    I'm looking forward to ds 2 and 3 and anything else that from software has/will release.

    submitted by /u/Ajm_650
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite weapon in the souls series?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:08 PM PST

    Mine is the Demon's Greataxe from the first Dark Souls because of its cool appearance and ability to do well against all bosses, the weapon carried me through the game.

    submitted by /u/Silent_Doubt8720
    [link] [comments]

    Two-handing vs. Gwyn is incredible

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:37 AM PST

    Just finished up an Eastern build playthrough. Full Eastern set w/ Uchi and DWGR. Loved how beautiful the fight with Artorias went so I said why not see what it looks like with Gwyn if I didn't parry there either.

    It's so much better of a fight.

    I know this might sound pompous but it's truly how I feel: it feels like it was the way the Gwyn fight was supposed to be played. Please try it if you have not yet and you'll see what I mean. I wish I had recorded it to show you guys.

    submitted by /u/sharingmyxp
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any chance for a smash rep?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:38 PM PST

    Three spots left and I would genuinely kill for a DS rep. Like actual murder. Just put the ashen one/chosen undead as a rep, with his alts being popular armor sets plus Solaire and Onion bro armour. Give them a praise the sun taunt obv, drinking an estus for the second taunt and like cracking an ember or humanity for the last one, and slap a common straightsword moveset from the games with some pyromancies and magic for specials. Make their intro be standing up from a bonfire, and have different winning screens like Sephiroth, one where you link the first flame, one where you extinguish it and maybe a king of the hollows ending as well.

    Make one of the bosses as an actual boss in the game like artorias/gwyn/soul of cinder/nameless king or just as assist trophies/spirits and mii costumes (artorias and nameless king ones would be tight) Put a shit ton of music in there, make their final smash like idk putting out the first flame, the screen goes black for a bit and everyone but the player gets damaged a fuck ton or maybe taking the first flame for yourself like in that one ending and getting megabuffed then clapping everyones cheeks with silhouettes of the lords of cinder in the background (Imagine stabbing Mario through the heart with abyss watchers, aldrich, gwyn, yhorm etc.. as fiery silhouettes in the background. That would be hella tight. Or you could just do Soul of Cinder moves now that you have the first flame.) Sakurai I'm begging here.

    submitted by /u/GoodForALLOfYou
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:54 PM PST

    I finally beat DS1 it was my first souls game and there were time where I wanted to call it quits in the early game. But I stuck it out and after beating Capra Demon something clicked. To show how big a click it was, I beat Ornstein and Smough in three attempts where hand to God, Moonlight Butterfly took 25 attempts. I've honestly never felt this way after beating a game. Now I'm going to watch a lot of VaatiVidya to see what any of it meant! Praise the sun y'all

    submitted by /u/ThisStraight
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that if you keep fighting Capra Demon near the foggate, the one dog won't aggro at all

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:08 AM PST

    I knew for quite some time that you can avoid aggro from both dogs if you you do this with Ring of Fog / Hidden Body. But whenever (and I mean all the time) I fought this boss without invisibility, I always rushed to the stairs which instantly alerted second dog as well. This made me think that both dogs see you instantly when you enter the arena.

    Turns out that's false - today, I killed the first one (that rushes you from the stairs) right after I dodged Capra's jump attack and then decided to fight Capra without repositioning and just watch out for the second dog. However, he never came. About a minute later, Capra was dead and 2nd dog was just chilling on its spawnpoint lol.

    I know this discovery may seem pretty useless for most, but as someone who plays without poise and on very low VIT most of the time, this makes me quite happy as I don't have to rush Catacombs / TotG early for Ring of Fog

    submitted by /u/PKM1111
    [link] [comments]

    Jokes aside, I do believe this game has a tangible benefit to the players, even long term.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:01 PM PST

    Being depressed conditions you negatively towards challenges. Everything seems insurmountable, and every success doesn't feel meaningful.

    It is a cycle. Every time you fail, you feel worse, and everytime you succeed, you feel like it didn't matter. It's hard to find a way out.

    This game is a way of setting a controlled environment, with challenges that feel difficult, and moments of happiness that are not touched by the terms and conditions of real life. It gives a bit of a push out of that cycle. Conditions you, just a bit, towards expecting a good feeling of a challenge.

    Does it cure anything? hell no. It's not even that much help. But it is good. Combine that with the general feeling of playing an amazing game, some distraction, and food for imagination. Something to expect on your day.

    I think videogames, as an art form, are a positive force in a person's lives, and that Dark Souls is exceptionally good at that.

    submitted by /u/Lucifer_Hirsch
    [link] [comments]

    I'm too dumb for this game

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:29 PM PST

    My two main weapons did break and now i'm stuck at blighttown without any feasible route to come back to the only blacksmith that i know in undead parish. I didn't know that there was a repair box available to buy and how important it is to avoid these issue. My 'crystal straight' broke too fast, i did presume that it would last for much long time. Well, the only way now is to get my basic claymore and explore the map until find a shortcut to another area.

    submitted by /u/abolish_
    [link] [comments]

    I live my life as I skill in dark souls

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:55 PM PST

    On fat rolls.

    submitted by /u/Kiko2s
    [link] [comments]

    I'm documenting my first full playthrough on the original Dark Souls (Remastered, however) and a friend told me to post it here.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:22 PM PST

    Dark Souls is my comfort. Looking for a new friend (25+ I am 33m) to jolly cooperate with. (Xbox)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:17 PM PST

    To put it bluntly, quarantine after so long is making me really depressed. I am having a hard time with the little human interaction. I found Dark Souls last year in November and has become my all time favorite series. It makes me very very happy to play. But the problem I am having is finding anyone to consistently play with. None of my friend group will give it the time of day. I was even willing to shell out cash to play with them. but nope.

    I am having a lot of trouble with my depression so I'm going out of my comfort zone to call out to anyone who is looking to start a brand new play through on DSR and wants to basically 'Jolly Cooperate' the whole way to the end. and maybe continue on to the others. I am free every day. I don't have job because of covid. so if anyone is free as much as me and just wants to play Dark Souls until you die (hah) then please. hit me up.

    thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/SeaOfFriends
    [link] [comments]

    FYI: Fire Tempest and Chaos Storm are client sided

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 01:40 AM PST

    The pillars of fire don't show in the same places for all players, but the ones with active hitboxes are the ones from the caster's pov. Don't trust visuals, trust distance. Just run the opposite way. And don't give invaders who run and hide with these pyromancies to exploit level environments the satisfaction of cheesing you. Just DC and block them. Not worth trying to play hide and seek to fight it. You'll save yourself a lot of confusion, frustration, and time.

    submitted by /u/ToriTamashi
    [link] [comments]

    Do not fucking summon Solaire for Centipede Demon lmao

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:16 PM PST

    I happened to be in human form, I'd already fought Centi solo like 5+ times before and I don't care for the boss, so I thought "sure why not"

    You know how in the beginning Centi just sits there on his ass spamming the arm move, but eventually he does come over? Well for some reason with Solaire he just... wouldn't come over. Not for a good like 2-3 minutes or so. Until then Solaire just kept getting pounded by that stretchy arm again and again, completely helpless and useless. I thought at least he'd shoot lightning bolts from afar or something.

    By the time Centi comes over, Solaire still has some health left so I'm like "oh good at least he'll help out a bit longer". Pfft nooope gets instantly grabbed.

    I don't blame him though, Centipede Demon is pretty shitty and boring, I too would want to just die and get it over with.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    I was invaded by a phantom using dual Lightning crossbows and dual poison daggers

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 12:56 AM PST

    It was in the church by Andre. I waited for him at the altar, and he appeared directly above me, where the Channeler would stand.
    I bowed, and he shot at me with a crossbow. It did lightning damage. Only later did I realize... It was a warning shot. When he met me, I tried attacking him, at SL 30, I barely scratched him for 9 damage. I had a +5 Longsword. He dropped a Mask of The Father for me.
    He then began pointing down at the entrance where summon signs popularly are. I instantly knew what he meant. I summoned three phantoms, each one after the other, each was defeated handily. This is when I realized he was dual-wielding lightning crossbows, and switching to poison daggers. I tried helping my summons with throwing knives and a backstab, but it was worthless.

    In the end, I held my honor, two-handed my sword, and went for the kill. I was dead before I could swing a third time.

    I have played this game for almost a decade now, but I have never met a living God before until now.

    submitted by /u/Kale_Sauce
    [link] [comments]

    All Seath Run begins this Saturday, how do I maximize my curse resistance?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:35 PM PST

    What are some of the highest curse resistant builds I make in the game? May be useful to have several options because I'm not sure what is going to be reasonably available. I'm thinking the "cursed" status affliction will be inevitably, but I need to be able to prevent getting killed by curse itself as best I can. Big thanks.

    submitted by /u/Challenger_Andy
    [link] [comments]

    Is Gwyndolin the villain of Dark Souls?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:46 PM PST

    So this question is a bit more nuanced than how I phrased it, since in my opinion despite having antagonists Dark Souls does not have a villain. Gwyn started the whole curse of the undead, but at the state you fight him in he's more of a shell than anything. He gets his comeuppance. Kaathe could be viewed as a villain but only if you think the Age of Dark is a bad thing. Despite some of his deeds I actually think he's a pretty okay dude. Laurtrec is an asshole but not really the villain of the story, since his story is based around the firekeeper and even he can be cast in a bit of a positive light. That leaves Gwyndolin, who is probably my favorite character in the series, as the one who could be most plausibly called a villain.

    All the Dark Souls games display the quest of the Undead, and the linking of the fire as not necessarily a good thing. The Age of Fire maintains the power of the gods, and prevents humanity from enjoying a golden age of their own. The Gods likely promulgated the idea of the quest, but all of them have left. Except Gwyndolin. There are only four characters who direct you on this quest: Oscar, Crestfallen guy, Frampt, and Gwyndolin (through the image of Gwynevere). He is the one to congratulate you, and create a grand visage for you of Anor Londo. He wants you as in awe of the gods as the rest of ignorant humanity is. Then he sends you on your way to kill his father.

    We don't know really anything about his relationship to Gwyn. We don't know if he is okay with the way he was raised. But more so than just prolonging an age where he's powerful, I think Gwyndolin views the CU as his ticket to power. The fire rejuvenates, and the gods return with him already in control of the city and the best claim to rule over them. Dark Souls 3 shows that this was the case. If you prolong the age of light, not only are you doing the Gods' dirty work, you're setting the stage for Gwyndolin's coup. If this is what From intended for the story, I think it was a brilliantly subtle way of including an interesting villain. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/jhuro17
    [link] [comments]

    No-Shield Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:39 AM PST

    The Lizard Wizard (that's the name, fight me) across from the second swinging blade bridge was the hardest encounter in my whole fucking playthrough. I swear to god I died 50 times to the one enemy. Why didn't I just use a bow? Because I'm an idiot. I want nothing more in the world then to kill that damn enemy again. And again. And again. I want to feel its scales crack undeath my club or watch it take its last, wheezing breath as it bleeds out slowly, desperately clinging to life.

    submitted by /u/jimbo_the_mighty
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one playing on Xbox 360?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:41 PM PST

    I don't get much action online.

    submitted by /u/TK--666
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:04 PM PST

    I'm playing switch and I'm doing good but is it ok to play on switch

    submitted by /u/XxpaynekillerxX
    [link] [comments]

    I may have fucked up

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:29 PM PST

    I finished my first play of Dark Souls not too long ago. At the time I was completely unaware of what happens after beating Gwyn, but I assumed it would be able to continue to explore and do things afterwards so I held off the dlc content for later. I never got to do the dlc content in my first play, and now I'm stuck in ng+ getting my ass whooped by stronger Artorias when I never even got to fight the easier version.

    submitted by /u/MacCoolness
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment