• Breaking News

    Friday, January 29, 2021

    Dark Souls I just beat dark souls 1!

    Dark Souls I just beat dark souls 1!


    I just beat dark souls 1!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 03:01 PM PST

    It felt so good to get the last hit on Gwynn after fighting him for hours. I'm love the game but I'm glad it's finally over and I got to link the flame. I've beat the original Demon Souls, and dark souls 2 so now it's time for bloodborne.

    submitted by /u/provapor33
    [link] [comments]

    Wow, this game

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 05:47 PM PST

    I decided to finally take a real crack at this game after putting it off for a while and man, I honestly don't know why I waited so long im having a blast! I had never played a game in the Souls until quarantine started last year. After a week of being stuck at home and not being able to work I quickly became bored with all of my other games so I picked up DS3 after watching a few streams. It kicked my ass, big time. But I stuck with it, and by the time I had made it to the Road of Sacrifices I was absolutely hooked and all in on it! DS3 became an obsession of mine for about 2 months after that, at which point I had already beaten the game with about 4 different builds and I was craving a new experience.

    So, I bought Bloodborne. And holy hell that game was so much fun, it ended up being the first game I ever platinumed. But after a while of playing that I wanted to see what the rest of the Soulsborne series had to offer and I bought DS2sotfs to try next. I didn't know how different it was from the others and I struggled to stay interested in it for some reason. I wanted to get DsR next, but I didn't really like what I had saw of 2 and I let it shy me away from buying the original. But, I saw it was on sale on steam recently so I figured I might as well get it and try it out and I'm so so glad I did. I think I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy the game as much since the graphics are much more dated and how much different 2 was from 3, but I found out I worried for nothing.

    This game is fucking amazing! I know I haven't made it very far into it yet, I just killed the Capra Demon, but thats for a reason. I've been taking my time and exploring every little nook and cranny I can find in this place, and the way its all interconnected so far with the level design is really cool. At times I've felt like I was so far away from anywhere I had been before and desperately hunting a bonfire only to make an unexpected turn and find myself opening a shortcut that puts me right back into a very familiar place. The coop and pvp is active and I've been having so much fun playing this game with others whether it be helping topple a boss, or trying to desperately hang on against an overpowered invader out to ruin my day.

    So here's a toast to all of you, I can't wait to continue this journey with you all and see what else this amazing game has in store. This is what its all about!

    submitted by /u/Unapplicable1100
    [link] [comments]

    This is a Thank you Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 05:24 AM PST

    I've heard multiple things about the fight even before even going in to O&S. I heard the horror stories and triumphs from it, so I wanted to through my hat in the ring. I learned about their fighting patterns, their movement, their strengths and weaknesses, you name it I researched it (probably). I did everything possible to prepare and I even looked up guides to help... and got my ass COMPLETELY clapped no dif, over and over again. I thought "as long as I don't give up, I'll be ok." That was true for the most part, not mentioning of course my lack of sanity when everything was said and done. Every time one was exposed, the other covered the angle to punish anything that would land. Long story short, all's well that ends well, and I just BARELY scraped by with 1 HP and a dream on Smough.

    What I didn't realize after everything was said and done was that my personal experience when it came to difficult fights skyrocketed to the point where I was no diffing bosses that I had trouble with prior. Because O and S shafted me so many times, I adapted and literally became stronger, not because of souls, or weapons but sheer willpower and experience. If I wouldn't have taken them on early, I most likely would have had a hard time dealing with others and not thinking the way I do now.

    Thanks O and S, you guys were like the best older brothers that I could have ever asked for.

    submitted by /u/TheSkidz
    [link] [comments]

    Deconstructing Ornstein's helmet - A visual guide for artists

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 07:36 PM PST

    Link at the end of the post
    I'm in a new journey and my goal is to draw Ornstein without interrupting myself by looking at references, and just being able to flow with the art. This is the first time I do a post like this.... Studying his helmet has helped me a lot. I hope I do the same with the rest of his armour.
    And actually I didn't check if someone else had done something like this XD but hey, the more the merrier! I don't know how many artists have a devotion/obsession for Orn, but hey, if this helps at least 1 person, I'm very happy. We've all heard about how Dark Souls is a game about community and helping each other out... I can't play online, and I'm very bad at the game anyways, but maybe this is my way of contributing to that philosophy..?

    Here's the link with the """guide""". Don't forget to read the text below the images!! And I'm an absolute noob at this, constructive feedback is more than welcome! https://capi-sskk.tumblr.com/post/641612801449803776/deconstructing-ornsteins-helmet-visual

    submitted by /u/chumimin
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in a low mood and nothing would give me more joy than helping someone with DS1/DSR.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:33 AM PST

    I'm on Switch playing Remastered and honestly just wanna help. Open to a password session anywhere.

    I know the summonsign sub exists for this, but you can imagine the luck I've had there.

    submitted by /u/Relative-Sense-2750
    [link] [comments]

    I did it! I beat dark souls 1 for the first time!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:47 AM PST

    So I always wanted to play dark souls, so I bought Dark Souls Remastered and didn't know shit, what humanity does or anything.. I didn't even start with the master key. Anyway, it was hell of a journey and this must be one of my all time favorite games now! The battle with Gwyn was so sad and amazing.. and I died like 4838285 times the whole game but this game makes you feel the you progress and getting better each death. I will never forget to moment I finally beat Ornstein and Smough! Qualaag sister almost made me cry like a bitch, It's amazing how you keep getting better and better each time you die. And screw the archers in Anor Londo!! I did A lot of newbie mistakes like killing Solare and stuff but I manage to save him in NG+ (The music was phenomenal) I will treasure Dark Souls 1 forever..

    Now I bought DS2 and DS3! Starting with 2..

    submitted by /u/Mekkor_lh
    [link] [comments]

    I see a lot of talk about the Anor Londo archers but...

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:14 AM PST

    Where's the hate for that first lighting snake chap in Sen's? I swear no other enemy in the game has given me as much trouble as that one guy!

    submitted by /u/Greginald_Remlin
    [link] [comments]

    A very necessary, unnecessary purchase

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:29 PM PST

    Did I already have all three Dark Souls games? Yes.

    Did I buy the Dark Souls Trilogy anyways?

    Also yes.

    Fear not the double ownership, my friend, and let the feast begin.

    submitted by /u/EfficiencyInfinite78
    [link] [comments]

    Orstein and Smough isnt a joke...

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 11:41 PM PST

    After beating every boss so far on my first run in one or two tries I thought Orstein and Smough would be easier than everyone says they are....no...no they are not.

    submitted by /u/DxDeadlockedxS
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to leave this here

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 11:39 PM PST

    I'm doing a SL1 Deprived Set run and I just beat O&S while listening to free bird at 1:38am

    submitted by /u/HomeDepo410
    [link] [comments]

    All my reddit saved posts are gone including a guide to platinium I started following

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 09:57 PM PST

    Long shot, but a someone posted a platinium guide here maybe 6 months ago or so and I've started working my way through it this month. All my saved posts have disappeared today and I'm hoping someone else saved it here. It was just a bunch of steps numbered. I know I can find guides online but was stoked with how straight forward and easy to follow this was.

    submitted by /u/foliagetoe
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite castle in the Dark Souls trilogy?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 08:49 PM PST

    Mine is Dragon Shrine from DS2 :)

    submitted by /u/SedanadeS
    [link] [comments]

    Why is havel’s armor in Anor Londo?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 09:01 PM PST

    Why is his armor there but he is locked away in Undead Parish?

    submitted by /u/hairyass2
    [link] [comments]

    Daughters of Ash vs. Ascension mod: what adds more content and can I do both simultaneously?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:45 AM PST

    I am playing through the Cinder's mod for ds3 and really enjoying it.

    I plan to replay ds1 soon and was hoping for a similar large overhaul mod, so I was wondering what the difference between these two is?

    submitted by /u/Skyvoid
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished dark souls yesterday!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 12:13 AM PST

    It was fairly difficult, but not too bad, what did you think of it in comparison to the other games

    submitted by /u/Ldiddy-the-69th
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my Soulsborne platinum journey

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:57 PM PST

    Today was the last day. After 2 months of playing daily I finally managed to get my last platinum. I played Dark Souls on pc just after it released but quit after Moonlight Butterfly for some reason.

    Recently I bought a ps4 since they were ridiculously cheap and got Bloodborne. Man do I love that game. The quick pace of the combat, the setting and especially the bosses. Orphan you god damn legend, I'm glad I fought you before going to NG+. After getting the platinum for Bloodborne I bought the three Dark Souls games and continued my journey.

    Dark Souls felt great, I remembered so many things from when I was young and I got the sense that I grew as a gamer over the years. O&S was definitely my favorite fight especially since Anor Londo is so beautiful.

    I see many complains about Dark Souls II being the worst in the series but I actually quite enjoyed it. It was definitely a lot slower than Bloodborne, but the level design is awesome. Yes, some boss designs are lazy, but there are plenty of awesome bosses in the game. Needing to do NPC questlines made the world feel alive.

    Then for my last platinum. Dark Souls III looks absolutely beautiful. I was stunned when I suddenly got a good look at Irithyll. Also Pontiff, you are impossible. I did all the grinding for the covenent items in my first run, which took a long long time. There is some grinding for items in the souls games, but I think DS3 is the worst. But the feeling of killing the Soul of Cinder for the 3th and final time, man that felt great.

    I think this is my most fulfilling gaming experience to date and I think that nothing will trump this. Thank you community for being awesome. When I got invaded, rarely did people act like jerks. Most of the times they waited for me to finish the enemies and some even dropped embers. You guys are awesome, thanks for the ride!

    submitted by /u/lorvious
    [link] [comments]

    Prime Gwyn vs Kalameet Battle Video

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:36 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/Q0vqooSQsnw

    Wanted to show what it will look like if Gwyn was in his prime facing Kalameet. :)

    submitted by /u/SiberiusSeptim
    [link] [comments]

    Ia hidden body actually useful for invasions?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:25 AM PST

    Does the host still see you a few meters away? Even if you already casted the spell? I am trying to make a stealth build, and I thought maybe this spell will actually be useful for it

    submitted by /u/smolest_pp
    [link] [comments]

    “Poll:” What’s your favorite weapon in this game and why?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 06:52 PM PST

    My favorite weapon is probably the Black Knight Halberd because I love Halberds (I love the long range and high damage and medium swing speed), it's arguably one of if not the best Halberds in the game, and it looks fucking awesome, too. Only thing is that in order to get it at all in your playthrough is to get luck of the draw in Darkroot Basin early game. Second favorite is probably Uchigatana because Dex is fun but I'm still a Halberd lover for life.

    submitted by /u/ThomasKG25
    [link] [comments]

    Kinda need help - Praise the sun

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 04:24 AM PST

    Noob here. Hi. I love this game so far. Discovering new places only to find shortcuts to already known ones is so friggin awesome. So I killed the asylum demon, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, moon butterfly, capra demon, gaping dragon, stray demon, sif (poor puppy), iron golem and pinwheel.

    Already discovered the valley of drakes and found the red tearstone ring.

    So what should I do next? I want to go to Anor Londo (great architecture, constant fall hazard) and open the painted world (i found the doll so I think im set, but i may be wrong) so I can beat crossbreed priscilla. Then id like to go beat up ornstein and smough, gwyndolin and go back to the tomb of the giants to kill nito. However. Is it recommended? Should I go to the tombs first?

    And quick question. I gave the blue thingy to the smith in new londo ruins. What can I ascend with him? Also I have a couple of boss souls but dont know what to use them for. Thanks for your answers. Its my first time.

    submitted by /u/magorianworld
    [link] [comments]

    What souls game should i play first

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 06:39 PM PST

    For a while iv'e been wanting to play a souls game, but which one? what soulslike game would you recommend me playing first?

    submitted by /u/Spoonser15
    [link] [comments]

    Maxed giant’s set vs Havel for PVE which is better?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 12:23 AM PST

    Question in the title what's better overall for just playing just the story?

    submitted by /u/MediumOpportunity9
    [link] [comments]

    Equipment for Pharis Cosplay.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 03:51 AM PST

    Anybody knows the detail and equipment used by the npc/enemy Pharis in darkroot garden. I wanted to play as her. (A face templete could be useful too!)

    submitted by /u/Prize-Puzzleheaded
    [link] [comments]

    Failed to retrieve latest calibrations

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 03:43 AM PST

    I'm playing dsr on ps5 with a ps4 disc I've played it a few times but this is my first time having this issue. I've tried restarting the console disconnected and reconnected to the Internet and unistalled the game but its still happening any suggestions on what I can do?

    submitted by /u/Gricey1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment