• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 28, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Ive been incredibly depressed over the last two years to the point where ive wound up in the mental hospital a couple of times and this game has really been a saving grace.

    Dark Souls 2 Ive been incredibly depressed over the last two years to the point where ive wound up in the mental hospital a couple of times and this game has really been a saving grace.


    Ive been incredibly depressed over the last two years to the point where ive wound up in the mental hospital a couple of times and this game has really been a saving grace.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:28 PM PST

    Yes its a fun distraction trying to 100% it and trting different builds and weapons, but the whole hollow thing really has hit home. when things get hard and frustrating, like stupid levels such as frozen bullshit zone or shrine of amana instead of giving up i reset and think things through. I try different builds and rings, take my time and try different paths i go slower or faster..and eventually i push through and make it. Instead of giving up when i die 20 times to the same boss, same thing. Reset and reevaluate. Its helped me see that i dont have to go hollow in real life. That i just need to keep trying different things and changing my mindest because 100% of the time, staying longer and fighting through things gets me to a better place with more stuff to find and experience.

    If i went hollow it would be 100% chance id never progress or succeed. If i keep trying it will never be 100%

    submitted by /u/hafsies
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished platinum for DS2

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:37 AM PST

    It was a long journey. I love this game. Biggest annoyance was trying to coop in NG++. Coop early for the sunlight medals so you don't have to farm falconers.

    submitted by /u/goliathmanbaby
    [link] [comments]

    After a few days and countless hours, I have finally killed Elana at SL1 NG+7 CoC without rolling, blocking or parrying

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:58 PM PST

    Other restrictions include no Alluring Skulls (which makes the skeletons harder) and no Red Tearstone Ring (which would boost my damage by 20% and make it all much easier). And since it is possible to survive some skeleton attacks or get chipped down by her AoE if you're not cautious, I'll also add that I took no damage in this fight.

    It has been a while since I last felt this accomplished after getting a kill.

    I choked multiple times while she was at low health. She summoned Velstadt multiple times at low health (keep in mind it's still possible to deal with him, but much harder than skeletons). She even summoned the fucking pigs a few times while I was on course for a nice kill - and I know you might think they're easier to deal with than other summons, but they're hard to hit and take two attacks to kill in NG+7, which is a no-no.

    I had to come up with my own setup which turned out pretty good and the successful attempt turned out nice as well, so I'm overall really happy with finally taking down this behemoth of a boss.

    Hope you all enjoy it, and feel free to ask me questions about this kill or the run as a whole. :)

    https://youtu.be/00JIdn1mHtk

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Artiih
    [link] [comments]

    Graverobber, Varg, and Cerah boss struggle

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 08:05 AM PST

    I don't know if I was having a bad day, or if other people feel the same. Last night I died six times in a row to this trio, four with the NPC summons and twice solo. I'm a little over level 150 pure strength, they still just wreck me. And I've Platinum'd before on older console.

    Does anybody else find the AI in the boss fight to sometimes really gear it up compared to others? I feel like last time I beat them first or second try. Why this happen😭😭

    submitted by /u/SkettiSempai
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get to the other part of the lost bastille?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:01 AM PST

    I defeated the pursuer and used the nest to get to the lost bastille. I heard there is an other part of the lost bastille but the only way to get there that I know of can only be opened from the other side, wherer I can't get to because I'm on this side.

    submitted by /u/lxurin_hei
    [link] [comments]

    Started a new game for my favorite Souls game - Dark Pyro Dual Wield

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 07:10 AM PST

    I am having a blast 😁 I hadn't played this game in years. The build variability is awesome! Currently I have the Fire Longsword and another Longsowrd, along with other early game equipment. Any tips for this build? I'm open to other weapon types! Just tryna maintain the 30 int 30 fth.

    submitted by /u/FarOutFighter
    [link] [comments]

    So I got 2 majestic greatswords (Artorias greatswords) but I can't power stance whit them

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 02:00 PM PST

    So I got the second one at the dlc on ng+ and I thought I would be able to power stance whit them both but I can't. Help

    submitted by /u/Darksouls3invader
    [link] [comments]

    Devotee Scarlett is my waifu

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:56 PM PST

    She's the best and I love her, I don't know where I'd be without her. Probably playing DS1. Also, seeing the king was scary af, the fact he doesn't attack you and just walks in circles in the dark makes it a lot more frightening.

    submitted by /u/gabiwave
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:56 PM PST

    Hello, I just beat the game for the first time and wanted to tell some people, so glad I chose not to link the flame haha, now to go on a Vaati binge for lore

    submitted by /u/Pepega_Paradise
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling with lost sinner, bonfire accessory +1 Ps4

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:57 PM PST

    I cleared up the monsters up until the boss if anyone wants to co-op and help me! Level 121 Sm 1.47m

    submitted by /u/Phypur
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat dark souls 2 for the first time!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 07:32 AM PST

    So exactly a week after beating dark souls 1, I have beat DS2! I have to say it was not as enjoyable, but still had its moments of greatness. Highlights for me were the looking glass knight, velstadt and the giant lord. However, most the boss fights in this games felt similar to many others in the game and the first one, it felt as if there was a lack of creativity during development, and instead, from soft aimed for more bosses with a much lower quality. I enjoyed many of the areas visually more so than ds1, but in terms of enemy types, ds1 still takes it. Overall the game was okay, but there was moments were it felt as if from soft had ran out of ideas. I have heard that ds2 is seen as both the hardest and worst dark souls game, so I'm excited to play ds3, hoping for a better experience!

    submitted by /u/thepringleman02
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:29 PM PST

    I want to get all the achievements but farming the sunlight medals (for a miracle) going really slow. I need someone to play with and kill a few boss together for sunlight medals (Platform: PC)

    submitted by /u/A5H3N
    [link] [comments]

    Build question

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 07:18 AM PST

    Hi guys. I'm looking to advice on which armour set to invest in. I'm looking to play something with mobility and decent defence. I want to be protected but not slowed down too much. I am looking at the falconers armour or the Varangian to invest in but I'm open to other ideas.

    submitted by /u/Matman161
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Duke's dear Freja(PS4/NG0/SM a bit less than a million)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 09:23 AM PST

    I need help with that boss, I am just to stupid for her , I have a God engraved Ring but no God chosen atm.
    Please Help me!

    submitted by /u/Recto_sama
    [link] [comments]

    Craftsman's Hammer or Red Rust Sword?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 02:30 AM PST

    I love my Craftsman's Hammer like it's my son but I've noticed the Red Rust Sword has an S for strength scaling and I'm running a strength build for my first go at DS2.

    I'm one twinkling titanite away from +5-ing the hammer. In your opinion boys and girls, should I go for it or start upgrading the Red Rust Sword?

    submitted by /u/Hevvro
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone help me figure out this build?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:43 PM PST

    I'm trying to shit out damage like the person in this video https://youtu.be/jSjPWU4fru4 I tried to the best of my ability to figure it out by myself but can't. My dex is at 50, Faith at 50, have sunlight blade, maxed Uchigatana and Washing pole in power stance (I don't know what blades the person in the video uses so if anyone else does that would be cool), and a fat stack of gold pine resin for the right hand weapon but i'm still doing wayyy less damage than them. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

    submitted by /u/banana12399
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion On DS2

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:43 PM PST

    I completed this game (Dark Souls 2 SOTFS) about a week ago as the last Dark Souls game I've played. I "liked" the game for the most part, but some of the things just ruin the experience. My first complaint is the design of the map. I liked having areas that flowed into each other and had many different paths from the start. I know there are many different orders in which you can complete areas, but felt less like a world. I didn't think it was bad just disappointing. My second complaint are the enemy placements. I believe the worst part of the game was the decision to make so many enemies attack you at once. Areas like Iron Keep and Black Gulch felt more annoying than fun. Bosses also felt like they had too many enemies like Duke's Dear Freja and "Ghost Chariot". My third complaint is the life gem system which just felt broken. I think the system is too easy and the only reason it isn't completely broken is because in most areas you are guaranteed to get hit by the hordes of enemies before getting to a boss. My final complaint is the hollowing/human ephigy system. I thought that the punishment was too high for each death. I liked the ember system better in DS3 which felt more like a reward than a penalty and it only removed the health once. I did like some things like 4 rings, the gem/stone system for upgrading, armor effects, and new content in ng+. Overall, I think the game is above average, but some things are just annoying.

    submitted by /u/Wild-Cappuccino
    [link] [comments]

    active pvp? SOTFS

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 11:45 AM PST

    i remember when i had a constant flow of new pvpers at the iron keep bridge!

    is this still teh case? around 1-2mill soul memory?

    hope so :)

    submitted by /u/rapfanbig12
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you ds2

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:54 PM PST

    My friend tried DS1 and was met with toxic, you know, anal beads, the end game spell, she is new to ds and wanted to play with me, I'm not able to use anal beads cause I don't have attunement, so I can only do what ds1 pvp is if not anal beads spamming, backstab simulator

    I've got her to download DS2 cause at least then she can go 2 steps without god invading, but rather someone at her character level, and with me who knows how to do ds2, this is why ds2 is the best of the 3 especially for new players, soul memory may not be entirely great, but it's definitely better than ds1 and 3 matchmaking, hopefully she will enjoy ds2 as much as I do (she gave up ds1, trying to explore and co-op while god enters the chat just isn't doable and ruins the gaming experience)

    submitted by /u/Vosslertheundead
    [link] [comments]

    Movement and camera fix. Read this if you are coming to DS2 from the other games.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 04:51 AM PST

    When I first started that game, my god. It felt so weird compared to the others. But then I started searching for fixes.

    I'm on PC using steam.

    Movement:

    The left joystick was acting like a 8-way dpad at first. As if someone mapped keys to the joystick instead of analog movement.

    So I first installed this fix.

    But that turned the joystick from an 8-way dpad to a joystick with a weird cross deadzone like this.

    For that I had to then use this.

    All of that just to get it to move somewhat like a souls game (i.e. close, but not quite).

    Camera:

    The camera also felt like I was using arrow keys to move it, instead of a smooth analog joystick like in most games.

    The fix for this was quite simple.

    And even after all that (3 hours spent), even though it's now very close a souls-like movement and camera, it still at times feels a bit off.

    All I'm saying is that one mustn't have to go through so much effort, just to make a game you paid 20-30$ for, to feel right.

    I'm really loving this game, so....

    Maybe if they patched the game so that one doesn't have to do all this, then I'm sure that most people who had a negative opinion will change, as the primary complaint was that the movement and camera didn't feel right.

    submitted by /u/Fawwaz121
    [link] [comments]

    HELP

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 10:23 AM PST

    (PC)

    SOMEONE HELP ME IN AAVA PLSS, SOUL MEMORY 9.785.852 my char name is HATAKE MINATO

    MY STEAM: TOBIRAMA SENJU

    submitted by /u/TheNextSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the best boss to put summon down for the sunlight medals? I am at 37 million souls memory on pc .

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 10:10 AM PST

    Falconers have such low rates.mad warrior farming was much much better for the bell keepers

    submitted by /u/KinkyAmra
    [link] [comments]

    A couple STR weapon suggestions for Brume Tower DLC

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:52 PM PST

    For strength based characters only, the rest is outside my knowledge base:

    Blue Smelter Demon: Dragon Tooth (gives extra magic defense and hits hard and quick)

    Fume Knight: Aged Smelter Sword (which you can get from defeating the smelter demon prior) he seems to be weak to magic damage.

    yep, that's pretty much it. i spent countless hours trying to figure out an easy way to beat both of them and this was what I came up with.

    submitted by /u/PsychoVVitch
    [link] [comments]

    Lucatiel’s sign not showing up as an NPC and no summon sign?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 09:46 AM PST

    I'm trying to do her questline for the platinum trophy. Playing in SOTFS, already beat the game. Talked to her in Earthen peak and No Man's wharf, not sure if met her on Lost Bastille but she's not there either. Anyway, I used a bonfire ascetic in both black Gulch bonfries just in case, she still doesn't show up. I am 100% sure I'm dropping on the right ledge (the one leading to a tunnel that ends in a hole full of statues over the worm things and two other summon signs). Her sign is nowhere to be seen (supposed to be right outside Hidden Chamber bonfire). I'm obviously human, not on the covenant of champions, and the boss is alive after bonfire ascetic. What am I doing wrong?

    Edit: her Summon sign is still available for Lost Sinner and Smelter demon, so she's still gotta be around somewhere and her quest hadn't ended

    submitted by /u/TheMasterlauti
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment