• Breaking News

    Monday, January 25, 2021

    Dark Souls Holy shit I just beat Gywn!!!

    Dark Souls Holy shit I just beat Gywn!!!


    Holy shit I just beat Gywn!!!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 11:41 AM PST

    My hands are shaking and my face is tingling, holy shit I did it!!!

    submitted by /u/thicc_hoovy
    [link] [comments]

    My personal Firelink Shrine

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:18 AM PST

    I was coming back from work the other night (I work alone at night in a bakery), I was so tired and feeling like shit, I fucked up some things, almost didn't finish in time, my brain just kept reminding me of everything I did wrong (in my life) and... you get the point. I also get really anxious when I come back home and it's still dark, I'm always looking over my shoulder 'cause even if I don't live in a big city or anything, you know, third world. :/ Besides that, just going out makes me really anxious, like, REALLY, sometimes going out and seeing people makes me wanna die. To help with that I always listen to music when I'm out, like constantly. That night I was listening to random music I have in my phone, Berserk's OPs, a bit of David Bowie... and just when I was about to get home and the sun was rising, the Firelink Shrine theme started playing. I know it's just a silly coincidence but I felt so safe at that moment... There's no enemies here, I can safely rest... I had like this feeling of tranquility I haven't felt in a long, long time... And of course, when I got home my favorite NPCs were there waiting for me: Mom and Cat! :P I know this is quite a simple and silly anecdote but I wanted to share it with you guys! I'd like to know if something like that ever happened to you, have a nice day and don't you dare go hollow!

    submitted by /u/gabiwave
    [link] [comments]

    [UPDATE] I have finally beat it..

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 09:49 PM PST

    Hey so I was here a while ago with my "Dark Souls has given me the first genuine happiness in months" post https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/l1tfjt/dark_souls_has_literally_given_me_the_first/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    Anyways I finally beat Gwyn and holy shit. I do think the boss was underwhelming with how easily I killed him but it was still a cool area and Gwyn is a very badass enemy. The piano music was actually kind of a banger at the same time, great choice. In all the whole game was amazing and it will forever change how I view video games. (Bed of Chaos sucks so bad...)

    This is now one of my favorite games and I'm so empty that it's over. I wanna thank this beautiful fan base and subreddit again. Seriously with how life has been lately the amount of support I got on that made me really happy and it meant a lot. I can't say it enough. Thank you.

    Onto Dark Souls 3 - yes I'll play 2 just give me some time. Also if you saw the other post I want you to know your awesome and I love you. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/poguswogus
    [link] [comments]

    Firelink keeper dead and I don’t know why? I haven’t even been remotely near the golden armour guy that kills her, all I’ve done is go to Blight Town and Ash Lake, came back to her being dead?!?!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 08:54 PM PST

    Not a clue why this happened and it's never happened before in my other play throughs that I've noticed!

    submitted by /u/cupjoe9
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been stuck at Ceaseless Discharge for 8 years... but I’ll get ‘em this time.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 11:32 PM PST

    I know there's a trick where you bait him into melee, then run to the entrance and smack his hand and he falls, but it just doesn't seem to work for me :/ not giving up though! I'll take him down with my halberd if I have to. It's interesting finally coming to that point I left my old character all those years ago.

    submitted by /u/Adventurous_Slide225
    [link] [comments]

    Just rediscovered Lost Izalith.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:10 PM PST

    I've played through this game billions of times, I love it so much I do at least yearly playthrough (as everyone should!) And I ALWAYS just take the shortcut in demon ruins directly to bed of chaos by using Quelana's covenant perk and immediately leave. This time though, I said, fuck it. Ill go through the normal way and boyyyy was I surprised. I fought demon firesage and centipede demon (i always forget this one is even in the game) since probably my very first playthrough. I forgot how big and detailed this place is! I didn't even remember even seeing the izalith dinosaurs before so I almost felt like it was my first time. Seeing all the roots to the bed around the place and running through long seas of lava is a suppressed memory I almost completely forgot. Ill never stop being amazed at this masterpiece of a game! (And my own forgetful memory)

    submitted by /u/idontdodrugs42069
    [link] [comments]

    This game is SO hard...

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:23 AM PST

    ... that when I was streaming DS yesterday, just after defeating Bed of Chaos my PC crashed and... UNINSTALLED THE WHOLE GAME xD

    Seriously, I've never seen something like that. I had to reinstall the game (luckily, the saves are still there) and I will have to play with DSfix again etc. Anyone experienced anything like that? :D

    submitted by /u/HiveFleet
    [link] [comments]

    Found an old drawing I did of Maneater Mildred with a strange twist

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:52 AM PST

    See image here!

    I don't know what came over me when I drew it but I had completely forgotten it existed until I took a trip down old drawing memory lane and it tickled me. Hoping it will entertain some of you too. Found it with the caption "what I imagine dark souls NPCs get up to in their spare time"

    submitted by /u/Itchymass
    [link] [comments]

    Finally had the dark souls dream!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 10:19 PM PST

    So for some reason I had a dream that I was somehow playing dark souls in first person (as if I was in the game) and was fresh off of dying to some other boss, and went to fight the gargoyles. It was weird having it in first person and when I tried to run I remember actually feeling tired. Anyways one of the gargoyles glitched off the roof and the fight ended. I'm not even kidding. I finally get to be transported into this brilliant game at least on some level and it glitches...

    Oh also the dream then went onto my own house where my mind must have decided that dark souls was now a horror and everything was dark and supposed "hollows" were screaming at me from the top of the stairs. (They also looked more like the cannibals from the forest if you've played that but in my dream I'd decided they were hollows idk why)

    Anyways maybe I need to find a different game for a while...

    submitted by /u/Fieldmouse1998
    [link] [comments]

    I can parry now!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:53 PM PST

    I was starting my first sorcery run in ds1 and I was trying to fight some black knights while doing like 10 damage per hit, and I beat them both with chain parries! I was also able to farm ds3 silver knights with parties, and I was able to parry balder knights and long sword hollows. I feel so proud of myself rn.

    submitted by /u/Brickybob
    [link] [comments]

    Confused...

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:33 AM PST

    Hi guys, So i have just beaten the moonlight butterfly and i have no idea of what to do next, help me!

    submitted by /u/Fo93siri
    [link] [comments]

    someone's challenge is someone else's cake

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 12:05 PM PST

    i have been playing dark souls remastered for the first time this whole past week and something that stands out to me after coming to this forum is how the hardest thing for some can be the easiest for another. it's representative of how this game can bring the most out of every moment through everyone's playthroughs. for example the carpra demon was the first boss i beat in one try yet i come online and realize that boss gives people a lot of trouble. then i find out the Taurus demon is supposed to be a piece of cake and while it was much easier after i realized to go back up the tower, i faced him many times early in the game to get crushed over and over. it's just so interesting how this game can take so many forms rather than games where a boss is either shitty or challenging. can't say much is black and white in this game(except the shitty shitty bed of chaos.. lol) now as i reach the end, having beat every boss, ready to fight Gwyn i feel prepared beyond measure when earlier this week i was shaking in my boots behind my shield at the first five enemies up the stairs at firelink shrine. this game is just such an experience that other video games haven't provided for me except maybe the new God of War. all I'm doing now before facing Gwyn is preparing for ng + for another run at this masterpiece. let me know what I should play next, thinking bloodborne

    submitted by /u/iPachDon
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly are the Arch Trees?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:06 AM PST

    Playing through ash lake, sorta confused as to what exactly these trees are. They seem super important but im not sure whats up with them

    submitted by /u/CoriolisEffect0
    [link] [comments]

    My Brother Said Dark Souls 1 Is Crap Because It Isn't a First Person Shooter.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 10:27 PM PST

    Should I Kill Him?

    submitted by /u/Buffunder
    [link] [comments]

    Difficulty on DS and BB

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:58 AM PST

    Greetings,

    During the pandemic/lockdown I've managed to finish Bloodborne: Game of the Year Edition and Dark Souls: Remastered. It was my first playthrough for both of those, as well as my first engagement with the soulsborne genre in general. I've put around 60 and 50 hours respectively to each of them while watching a walkthrough on YouTube. Note! I was watching the said videos only until after I've finished an area (just so I could 100% the collectibles). I've used no guides, no tips & tricks, no cheese mechanics — I would just rarely search the official wiki for weakness against elemental types of damage, and that's all the "trickery" I've used. I've managed to beat most of the bosses on the first try all by myself, with rare exceptions like Lawrence (3-4 times) or the Orphan of Kos (co-op). In DS, in particular, there was not a SINGLE fight that I felt underpowered, even O&S and Sif were merely a threat worth sweating.

    So, is this normal? Are DSII or DSIII more difficult?

    submitted by /u/MrV_ID
    [link] [comments]

    After many frustrations and deaths, I beat Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 08:05 AM PST

    I had picked it up around when it came out initially, and just kept dying in the graveyard, uninstalled it, and didn't touch it again until a few weeks ago. Yesterday Gwyn essentially melted my face for 30 minutes before I finally came out victorious against him.

    I wouldn't call myself a "skilled" gamer but after playing through dark souls, I see that the game is more about learning than anything else.

    That and dying to Capra 2 seconds after entering the fog gate, of course.

    Anyway, I wanted to share my triumph with someone as most of my friends either wouldn't care that I beat dark souls, and all my girlfriend did was roll her eyes VERY sarcastically.

    submitted by /u/DHank96
    [link] [comments]

    What is your biggest unpopolar opinion about dark souls 1?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:29 AM PST

    It could be everything

    submitted by /u/Simo9105
    [link] [comments]

    the big dome structure in demon ruins

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:58 PM PST

    what is it? you can see it really clearly on your way to the ceaseless discharge fog gate.

    I see it and tey to figure it out but then i cant and fight the discharge and forget

    anyone know what it is?

    submitted by /u/AFK4DAB
    [link] [comments]

    Never played a Souls game. Started this weekend.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:23 PM PST

    Finally decided it was time to get my gaming cred by going through the Dark Souls games. I've never played anything in this realm outside of Monster Hunter World...

    Well, a few hours into Dark Souls Remastered and I guess I'm just dogshit at this type of game. After the bridge bull demon I just keep dying to a black knight over and over. I see videos of folks saying they just backstab them easily by going around them, but I just get hit with a sweep.

    Also not sure how I'm supposed to be distributing points. I was told I could just use one weapon I like all the way through... so if I have a longsword and shield do I just spam STR and DEX?

    Should I put all my early points into Endurance and Vitality?

    I'm willing to restart the game because I know I haven't made it very far... but I'm in dire need of advice. The game feels overwhelming and not in a fun way... like losing 8k souls (I'm told that's nothing) and on the way to get them I misjudge one swing and end up getting trucked by 2-3 skeletons... and now I don't have shit lol

    I guess this is the "Souls" experience people talk about.

    So, help me out please? Stat priority? Weapon selection? Should I bother with armor if the concept is to dodge all attacks?

    Halp. Trying to not be one of those that gave the game a try and calls it a crappy game because it feels so clunky and unfair.

    submitted by /u/Revaks
    [link] [comments]

    The katana master

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:07 AM PST

    Hey guys good morning. Can anyone give some advice to upgrade Uchigatana??? What it needs? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/marmalade_fan_boy
    [link] [comments]

    All I want to do is play with my mother fucking xbox one controller on pc, is that too much to ask?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:38 AM PST

    I have all day trying different solutions on the internet and nothing has fucking worked.

    submitted by /u/dowantafuckingslap
    [link] [comments]

    armor of artorias

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 08:51 PM PST

    I just bought the set for the bad ass astethic. I think the set looks really, really cool.

    man, the armor rating on it blows!

    honestly doesnt make sense to me.

    anybody notice this and get disappointed, if only slightly?

    submitted by /u/AFK4DAB
    [link] [comments]

    Chat kept warning me... and I didn't listen.. this was a super clear wakeup call for DS1

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:32 AM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiK7g6_B_s4 How would anyone be actually prepared for this? Did anyone of the vets like KNOW this was coming up?!

    submitted by /u/DjSoundStorm
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT IT

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:11 PM PST

    Gwyn was easy as all hell but idgaf I'm so proud of myself

    submitted by /u/Coolcause
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment