• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 26, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Just had my first PvP encounter (this is my first run of the game)

    Dark Souls 2 Just had my first PvP encounter (this is my first run of the game)


    Just had my first PvP encounter (this is my first run of the game)

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 10:56 AM PST

    This happened 30 seconds before I started typing this. I was walking in the place with all the darkness urnns that builds up curse, I had just defeated the Scorpion lady so I was packin some soul.

    All of a sudden comes a text that says something about a dark lord or some shit invading me, I panic, I see a redcloaked man with a giant sword carried on his shoulder sprint towards me. Realising what is happening I quickly try to change as much of my armor as possible because I had especially equipped a lot of magic and fire (edit:) poison resist against the scorpion lady, I only have time to change the helmet, I don't dare take the chance and change more. What I know I have the time to do though is emote a bow, hoping we can have a gentleman's match, he however does not return the favor.

    About a second after the bowing animation is finished he is on me, we do something that looks like a weird bird dance by circling eachother, he attacks and misses, I attack back and get a backstab, I have a Fire Longsword, on most tougher enemies I've faced so far (those Lion's around the area where I currently am for example) it deals around 40-50% damage, on this guy it did maybe 10%. I'm fucked.

    I wanna see how long I can last in this battle, I try to get another backstab, he tries to hit me and misses, I counter with two attacks, both dealing negligable damage. He then gets a hit in on me, I think I was holding my shield up, and it did 60% of my HP. I start circling him, I get a few hits in, my fire sword is good at stunlocking him (I almost changed to a broadsword, thank god I didn't do that), he is at around 60% HP, maybe I can fucking take this guy.

    He runs away for some reason, which makes me able to heal with an estus flask. I keep trying to run around him, he keeps swinging and I dodge, I get another backstab and right as he gets of the ground I use most of my stamina to just wack at him, the flames stunlocking him. The last bit of stamina I use to roll away. He comes for me again, he is only around 30% hp and he gets a hit on me, I'm around 40% HP again, I get another backstab and use the opportunity to heal. He swings, I dodge and I start wacking him again. "Two more hits and he is dead" I think. He attacks, he hits, "one more hit and I'm dead". I circle him and blindly attack, I can feel my pulse, I can't think, I'm like a rabbid dog just going after anything I see.

    It hits, I have stamina enough for one more hit, the last hit I need... And I hit it - and he is still alive, his healthbar is completely black on my screen, but he is alive. I just start spamming the attack button, I'm not kidding our animations start at the same time, but my nimble Fire Longsword is faster than his clunky whatever the fuck, "Phantomlord banished" or whatever the fuck it said.

    I'm literally shaking, my pulsewatch says 160, I still have my 30 000 soul, and I feel like I'm starting to understand this game. I go rest at the bonfire and look up a Dark Souls 2 subreddit on my computer. Thanks for reading one of my craziest "gamer moments" (I know it's a meme and I used that term sort of sarcastically here but honestly it kinda fits and I'm pretty proud) ever

    submitted by /u/Lucker_Kid
    [link] [comments]

    I've always hated Ogres, but [Spoiler:](/s "Aldia's Ogres") deserve a special place in the bottom ring of hell.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 03:03 AM PST

    Kind invader... I’m sorry

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:38 PM PST

    don't know the rules about giving out invader names, unfortunately, but you invaded me twice in The Lost Bastille. first, as i was panicking to handle a swarm of swordly fellas while underleveled, you arrived as what i thought would be my demise. instead, you waved, delivered unto me an orb of Bountiful Sunlight and a myriad of Human Effigies, just as i was lamenting the lack of readily available access. then, you were gone. you returned again later, same disposition, but my Way of the Blue ally failed to understand that you meant no harm, even as i tried to block him. hope that i see you again sometime soon, ideally with something to give in return for your gifts :)

    submitted by /u/liveingirlfriends
    [link] [comments]

    Might be common knowledge, SO cool imo

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:13 PM PST

    Cool little detail my buddy pointed out; I noticed on my playthrough that the mass of Dragon knight guard-dudes on the pathway to the main dragon were all neutral and actually saluted me as I went by. It turns out they are actually hostile if you summon in that zone. Miyazaki legit giving us non summoners the salute of approval. Thanks Miyazaki.

    submitted by /u/tadow96
    [link] [comments]

    Is it as bad as people say , or is it more of a meme

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 11:12 AM PST

    I want to know as I'm considering buying it and have played ds1 and ds3

    submitted by /u/Ldiddy-the-69th
    [link] [comments]

    To the 2 people who just helped me kill the fume Knight. Thank you

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 02:25 PM PST

    If you're on here, couldn't have done it without you and was running low on effigies. Thank you so much

    submitted by /u/windowfoam
    [link] [comments]

    Finally claimed my victory over DS2!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:52 PM PST

    This was the final Dark Souls game for me. Beat 3 first, thought it was amazing! Then I had to try the Remastered and loved it even more! ( DS1 has certain charm that grabs me) I was scared to try DS2 due to all the hype about it sucking...but man, it's a great twist to an already great game. Bravo FromSoftware.

    Now I'm probably gonna buy a PS5 this week just to play Demon Souls...I must be sick.

    submitted by /u/ThisBrian1987
    [link] [comments]

    First run Co-Op

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:50 PM PST

    Have a character in DS2 that I haven't done too much with but I really want to run the game with someone cause I love Souls co-op and would love a partner. SOFTS on PC btw, and I have discord as well.

    submitted by /u/RedditBlueditYeet
    [link] [comments]

    Just Completed my Pure Caster Run!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:28 PM PST

    I had this on my list for a while and finally got around to beating all the bosses today, finishing with Lud and Zallen. I enjoyed getting to use a variety of damage and utility spells in the base game. In the DLCs, it did definitely get spammy at times since I often had to use the same big spells like GRS or CSS to do decent damage. As others have pointed out, Yearn is the MVP by a long shot. It lets you bypass tough ganks or group enemies to use AOE spells like soul greatsword or flame swathe (or have enemies run off cliffs if you're really bored :p).

    Toughest fight - Probably Fume with his resistances. Might have been easier if I switched to a faster staff like Witchtree, but it only took a few tries to learn my windows to attack.

    Surprisingly not as bad as I expected - I though Elana would be a tough fight, until I realized she is not that resistant to magic. CSS with unleash magic did huge damage. I also 1st tried Lud and Zallen, who were pretty susceptible to GRS spam.

    Now back to working on my platinum!

    submitted by /u/souls37
    [link] [comments]

    Did SotFS Make DS2 Easier?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:27 PM PST

    In short, I wonder if any of you knowledgeable people could let me know whether SotFS (or, alternatively, post-release patches/updates) made DS2 significantly easier (in particular, bosses) compared with the release version of the game?


    The long version:

    I played DS1 back in the day - a lot. Wasn't great at it but could beat the game reliably without summoning or using magic or any of that shit.

    Then, also back in the day, I played DS2 when it came out and both didn't enjoy the single player compared with DS1, and also found it difficult to play...I could beat O&S or 4 Kings or Gwynn or whatever in DS1, yet was struggling with Last Giant in DS2. I think it was partly getting to grips with different timings vs DS1 and trying to unlearn old habits, but whatever.

    Anyhoo years passed and I became a successful functioning adult and stopped playing videogames altogether and all was good in the world. Then there was this, like, respiratory virus or something that got pretty widespread and the government required me to stay at home.

    So after exhausting Netflix and all that I somehow ended up watching long-form youtube video analysis of the Dark Souls series which led me to wondering whether 6 years ago I might of unfairly maligned DS2 by playing it wrong...which is to say back in 2014 I tried to play the game in the same way as DS1. I never used lifegems, I played with shield up 70% of the time, used lock-on more or less constantly and did everything I could to avoid fights against more than one enemy.

    My time with DS1 was pretty significant to me, and with nothing else to do I started obsessively and irrationally worrying that if only I'd played DS2 differently...6 years ago...I might have enjoyed that too.

    So despite not playing videogames at all for like 5 years, I bought a PS4 and DS2 SoTFS.

    At first it was as I remembered. I was concerned that, because of finite enemy spawns, there would be a finite amount of human effigies. So I didn't dare use any of the ones I had. And I died, a lot, against normal enemies. Which meant my max HP reduced, which meant I died more and so on.

    So I stopped playing. However the lockdowns continued and while quite intoxicated I picked up the game again and decided I would just see if I could learn to parry all the enemies in the Forest of Fallen Giants, while playing with 50% HP and no armour and a hand axe.

    It only took about an hour to master this. I have now killed Last Giant, The Pursuer (several times), The Lost Sinner, The Ruin Sentinels, Flexile Sentry and Dragonrider without dying once against any of them.

    I have no shield, only 2 bits of armour - which are clothing I bought from that merchant lady who sells lifegems - and I'm still just using a hand axe.

    I find all this pretty incongruous given I distinctly remember 6 years ago this was all really difficult, with a shield, carefully chosen equipment, and hundreds of hours of recent experience with the series.

    I wonder if I'm doing something different this time which is, somehow, working far better than how I played this game when it released, or if - more likely - SotFS has just significantly turned down the difficulty....I mean I tried Lost Sinner like 30 times back in the original before giving up and summoning, whereas I just beat her by accident without even lighting the torches and no summon...I presume the secret the whole time wasn't running around half-naked two-handing the f***en hand axe?

    submitted by /u/TiresiasVII
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 PvP is kind awesome! How do you indefinitely invade?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:26 PM PST

    I always heard DS2 had great PvP. I've beaten the game before, but never PvP'd in it. Just used the cracked red eye orb in the Iron Keep a few times, which I knew was a hotspot and got matched up right away all four times to my surprise. The problem is I'm out of cracked red eye orbs haha... is there no permanent item to PvP with like the Black Eye Stone in Demon's Souls?

    submitted by /u/Ghost_Riposte
    [link] [comments]

    This "QUEEN" is pretty creepy to be honest with you

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:14 PM PST

    Ok, so can someone explain to me the lore of nashandra because even vatti wasn't able to or at least I didn't understand anything about his video , I mean from the cursed painting, to the suspicious theme when you first meet her, to her transforming from a creepy ass chick to a creepy ass freak, it's obvious that she's the bad person here, especially if you take vendric's lore into consideration, but like other souls games, the game doesn't do a good job at explaining stuff to you but maybe the community will.

    submitted by /u/Call_Me_Malik_25
    [link] [comments]

    I just got the platinum!!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:06 PM PST

    I got Bloodborne first, then DS3, and today I got the last miracle for the DS2 platinum!!!

    DS1 next then finally Demon's Souls and maybe someday Sekiro.

    Super pumped! Had to tell someone that might care.

    Seek... seek... lest...

    submitted by /u/DarthSeatb3lt
    [link] [comments]

    need help with camera moving on its own

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:02 PM PST

    Final Edit: was my controller, after all seems the old girl had her final days and just got worse and worse and I was in Denial, broke it trying to open it to fix it, so I guess I will need a new one

    im having a problem where when i move forward the camera will at times leen down and to the side, its this normal if so is there a mod or a fix for this ?

    and before anyone sayes yes i have tested if its my controler it works fine on any other game and menu so idk what to do, its frustrating and honestly obstructing my enjoyment of the game

    edit: well so far ive found that wile using my ps4 controler with steam it will move both joystics at the same time, however this was no a problem on my ps4 or on any other game til today, so im not really sure how i can fix that, if i can at all, if its my controler after all i will just give up

    edit 2: well i give up after literly 5 hours of troble shooting and nothing really here im just sorta done, guess i will be doing ds2 with keybord and mouse form now on, i dont like it but controler or steam is just busted and im to tierd to find out which it is

    submitted by /u/forgoten_mad_man
    [link] [comments]

    how to confirm my keybind on pc?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:20 PM PST

    hi, just got scholar of the first sin and remastered. i have no idea how to save my keybind on sotfs. everytime i quit the menu it goes back to the default control. can anyone using mnk hep :')

    submitted by /u/MadukaBig
    [link] [comments]

    So, the three guys at sanctum city are giving me a hard time PS4 SoTFS

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 11:05 AM PST

    I`m on my first playthrough of SoTFS on ps4 and im having trouble with gank squad. Im at 4.5M SM, not seeing any summon signs and the npcs are worthless really. Gave up on soloing them. BS boss fight if you ask me. Would you step up and help a fellow hollow? Sorry for my english, not my native language. Thanks in advance. Shagrath2501 on ps4 btw.

    submitted by /u/Heroinomana
    [link] [comments]

    current SL/SM hotspots?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    Anyone know what the current sweetspot for pvp is for say, SL 150 on PC?

    submitted by /u/Silevence
    [link] [comments]

    Can't coop anymore:(

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 09:06 AM PST

    I'm level 241 ~15 mill soul memory, and the past few days I've been seeing almost no white signs. And whenever I place my sign down it takes forever to get summoned, IF I'm lucky enough to be summoned. Are there no players around this soul memory? Should I start over or was it just an unlucky couple of days?

    submitted by /u/curlybutthair
    [link] [comments]

    Way of the Blues

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I love DS2 with all my heart and souls. But I always feel bottlenecked when making covenant choices in this one. Way of the Blue is just a waste of time. Isn't this something FromSoftware could have addressed by now? Are there any players out there that had some success with certain strategies to make this covenant viable? Just curious.

    submitted by /u/kpattee1
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone played on series x? Wondering if it gets a consistent 60fps

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:37 AM PST

    Curious

    submitted by /u/DvDolo
    [link] [comments]

    Pondering question

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 07:31 AM PST

    I've been a gamer since before gaming was cool. What I don't get especially in the Ds community is this; How can people just play Ds3 first and then pay the first one or second one next? It doesn't make sense to me. The story is all screwed up and out of context. It's basically like watching Avengers Endgame and then watching the first Avengers movie next

    submitted by /u/whitetiger1979
    [link] [comments]

    How to git gud in the arena pvp?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 06:17 AM PST

    I have played a lot of pvp on DS1, DS3 and DeS before. I have never been that good at pvp but I feel like I get destroyed 90% of the time in the DS2 Arena by some people who don't even bow or wait as I finish my gesture animation first and just attack straight away.

    I'm playing as a hexer and most people I fight are melee builds. I find it hard to do my hexes when others throw knives at me or just roll straight through them and hit and stunlock me. I have been backstabbed even when I'm not that close to them and sometimes they hit me even when I'm out of their range. I have slowly gotten better but would love some arena or pvp tips in general!

    submitted by /u/ladymaria_
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with Benhart Achievement

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:07 PM PST

    So I'm working on my platinum and followed Benhart's quest all the way through. I summoned him for 3 boss fights in NG, all of which he survived. I exhausted his dialogue and received his equipment in the memory. For some reason the achievement is not showing up. Is there something else I have to do?

    submitted by /u/souls37
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment