• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 28, 2021

    Dark Souls Am I the only one who feels like darks souls 1 fell off after ornestein and smough

    Dark Souls Am I the only one who feels like darks souls 1 fell off after ornestein and smough


    Am I the only one who feels like darks souls 1 fell off after ornestein and smough

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:02 PM PST

    I feel like dark souls kinda took a dive after the ornestein and smough fight, because I feel the difficulty shifted from tough but fair to just completely unfair such as Nito's hoard of skeletons and Seths cursing

    submitted by /u/Djkkild
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been working on a series of Dark Souls art using Mario Paint.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:19 PM PST

    As a DS3 player, I really enjoyed the reverse Anor Londo reveal.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:10 AM PST

    I played the souls series in reverse order. Did anyone else have this happen to them? Somehow I evaded the knowledge that Anor Londo was from DS1 so when it was revealed my brain exploded. It felt like the giant memories in DS2 where we get to see an area we know, way in the past when it was closer to it's prime. I almost feel like it was a cooler reveal that way then how it must have been the other way around. And then when I found out you can actually fight Gwyndolin, (which I thought for a time was literally Aldrich's head), it was so so cool. The giant blacksmith guy brought life to that random corpse in DS3. Idk, everything just felt like such a cool reveal, one mind blowing moment after the next.

    submitted by /u/redditisfinebyme
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein wears yellow armour cus he likes sunflowers

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 07:28 PM PST

    Fuck the blighttown elevator

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 11:47 PM PST

    I just lost 30000 souls because I fell off the elevator trying to walk onto the platform. And just the other day I was saying that my experience so far has been pretty easy.

    I fully retract that statement. Fuck swamp levels. I am both disappointed and angry with myself.

    submitted by /u/VIETLONG2000
    [link] [comments]

    To the claymore wielding player named Animar

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 04:42 PM PST

    You're one crazy summon. Choosing to actually fight Ceaseless Discharge instead of cheesing him. Incredible, absolutely incredible.

    I didn't think it could be done, but then his health finally reached zero and we revelled in out victory.

    I immediately placed my sign down so that I could help you beat him in your world. Which, as of right now, is still a work of progress.

    Incredible experience. Praise the sun y'all [T]/

    submitted by /u/groovin-tanline10
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Wyn The Wicked

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:03 PM PST

    If you ever see this which I know you will not, I am the shadow, I helped you kill the bell gargoyles and gave you Fang Boar Helm, I wanted to say I truly enjoyed running around the Parish killing everything with you and I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your adventures.

    submitted by /u/Skiidoodle69-_-
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else get kind of bored with the later areas?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:35 PM PST

    Now let me start off by saying that i love this game just as much as anyone else. This is not a hate post for the game.

    I started playing DS1 after the remaster came out, and after I had played 600 hours of DS3. So i was really looking forward to it, and it really did hold up to expectations. I loved the game and really had fun playing it. I am now 107 hours into the game with my 4th or 5th play through (doing pyromaniacs) however I really feel like I loose interest in the game after I get past AnorLondo.

    For me the later areas just kind of feel like a chore that I have to get through, not something that i particularly enjoy. Now I'm not saying their bad areas, but I'm just saying i don't feel like i can replay the game as much as i did DS3. I feel like I usualyl just end up running through them as much as i can to get to the boss and defeat them, especially the Giants Catacombs, Demon Ruins, and Lost Izalith. Maybe the problem lies in that itself.

    Does anyone have any advice about this, or share this same sentiment? I know some people can just play this game over ,and over, and like it more than DS3, so I feel like I'm missing something. I really want to capture the feeling that I see other people have.

    submitted by /u/neverdisobay
    [link] [comments]

    I started a band inspired by DS1, I hope my fellow darkwraiths will dig it!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 11:41 AM PST

    I think i am lost...

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:39 PM PST

    I've just killed quelaag and followed the path down to the demon ruins and now fighting ceaseless discharge.i really didn't want to get help i wanted to achieve on my own but i am really lost now.i looked to the internet a bit to learn where to go everyone says different:one says darkroot garden,one says catacombs,the other says sen's fortress(that seemed most legit to me because there was a cutscene after killing quelaag)so im confused.please could you tell me the order to go? (Sorry for the english)

    submitted by /u/EE475
    [link] [comments]

    I am astounded.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:45 AM PST

    By how many different people struggle with completely different things in Dark Souls.

    Some people spend 20 tries on a boss that i beat in one.

    Some people cheese certain bosses every single time and have never fought them normally.

    It just blows my mind.

    (PS: i played DS3 twice before playing the first one. Took 42 hours for my first playthrough. Most frustrating part about the game for me was cheesy geometry. No boss took me more than 7 tries because shields kick ass [except on artorias who taught me never to block again])

    submitted by /u/tacbacon10101
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of the worst reviews for A Darksouls game you've seen?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 12:12 PM PST

    1, 2, or 3, take your pick. I'm interested in learning what idiots who are bad at the game have to say about this series. And hell, even throw in Demon's Souls and Bloodborne if you want.

    I'll start

    https://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/882962877576945678/?l=german

    submitted by /u/Triforce_of_Power420
    [link] [comments]

    Online sucks and here’s why

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:44 PM PST

    I'm not bad at the game, but many players are better, what I want to know is why so many shitty players attack new players?

    A friend of mine started ds and now wants nothing to do with it cause she can't do offline (first time player for a start) cause she wanted to play ds with me, but she hates the fact that you take 2 steps and you get anal beads put straight into you, yeah sure I could also do that.....if I had attunement in my character, and making a new one is just too long a set up, only way I have a chance in pvp is the usual way of you don't have anal beads, backstabs, that's what pvp is, anal beads and backstabs, no wonder this has the worse pvp experiences in all soulsborne

    To those that take time out of their day to go all the way to end game items to attack brand new players, why? You're the toxic part of what is an incredible game, I'm salty yes, but this person has been wanting to play ds for a long while and now she got to (and was enjoying it until 10 back to back scummy invaders)

    Thank god for ds2 and sm only annoying part will be making a new character for me but oh well, she downloading ds2, so congrats toxic people

    submitted by /u/Vosslertheundead
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got 100% on my favorite Dark Souls game!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 03:42 PM PST

    It took me about 170 hours to get this, but it feels good to have done it. Some of the achievements were difficult and frustrating to get (Knights Honor and Prayer of a Maiden), and some boss fights almost made me give up (mainly four kings on NG+), but I felt amazing after the final achievement popped up on screen. Some of the achievements were easy to get like the achievements associated with creating maxed out elemental weapons, and others were emotionally hard like defeating Priscilla and cutting off her tail. My many hours ended with a level 160 character, and a final fight against Gwyndolin in order to create my final boss weapon from his soul.

    submitted by /u/1gamer13
    [link] [comments]

    No one summons me at all DSR

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 02:13 AM PST

    I've been trying to lower the req of Sunlight covenant by cooping with people but havent got summoned not even once

    Im level 123 on ng+ I tried leaving signs in blight town, anor londo, depths, forest garden and more but still nothing

    Am i screwed?

    submitted by /u/Mohamed010203
    [link] [comments]

    Sieglinde missing after saving Siegmeyer. halp

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:10 PM PST

    Been googling and reading for hours on this.

    I followed both their quest lines perfectly. The only thing I differed on was when I reached the Chaos Eaters I killed them all before talking to Siegmeyer. After killing them I talked to him and he thanks me and gave me a key. I went back to Firelink Shrine to talk to Sieglinde but she was no longer there. Went to Ash Lake (not expecting them due to saving Siegmeyer previously) and she was also no longer there. Seigmeyer is also no longer in Lost Izalith. Any idea where she went? Thanks a bunch

    edit and praise the sun

    submitted by /u/cobweb
    [link] [comments]

    What is going on in PvP right now?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 11:00 PM PST

    I'm in Oolacile at SL104. Tbh it's still my first play-through ever, and I'm just putting off the end of this game bc i love it too much.

    So I keep getting summoned to the same weird fight club where the same 1 invader is repeatedly summoned to fight 3 of us phantoms. I really was just enjoying helping people who actually need someone to lead them to Manus, but now I basically can't put my summon sign down without getting roped into this instead. Edit: People are not taking turns. They're ganging up on the guy (and I'm expected to do the same) and yet he keeps coming back.

    I have no problem with people playing this way, but can someone explain why they're doing it? It's not the funnest thing in the world to gang up on one guy and predictably win...and never leave one small area. Also I feel like all these souls I got are unearned and cheesed in general :(

    Still, it's fun to play with others and communicate through limited gestures (playing Remastered on Switch rn). I do tend to enjoy the company of everybody i meet this way.

    submitted by /u/Relative-Sense-2750
    [link] [comments]

    My first time playing.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:49 PM PST

    I'm on my first ever playthrough. I have started dark souls on multiple occasions, over a number of years, but never made it very far past firelink shrine. Well, I finally just started exploring my surroundings and found a sword and shield that made undead burg significantly easier and that's all it took, I'm hooked. I've been playing solo but really having fun. I was lucky enough to beat a few bosses like sif and the pinwheel demon in one try.

    All I have been looking forward to is getting to Anor Londo and acquiring the lord vessel. Sens fortress was a bitch but after a week of trying I made it through and Anor Londo was as advertised, gorgeous. Made it a little ways in and I see this massive painting that gives me the option to examine it. I completely spaced that I had returned to the asylum and got the peculiar doll. So here I am, stuck in the painted world of ariamis and while I won't give up hope on getting through, I'm not gonna lie, this is not the detour I needed right now but I'm gonna press on.

    submitted by /u/BigSky420
    [link] [comments]

    Do people hate Tomb of Giants?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 03:53 AM PST

    I was going through round 1,456,103 of "2nd half of DS1 sucks" on another post and couldn't help reading about how unpopular Tomb of Giants is. Really? I don't understand.

    Okay, for sequential playthroughs I get, but for a first time run I think TOG is a very innovative level. I had never played a game before where complete darkness meant just that. Not being able to see 3 feet in front of you is an awesome mechanic, are people just triggered because it was difficult or they are afraid of the dark? I read an explanation that was "too many fallen deaths." Are people really complaining about dying in DS1? I just really don't get the hate for this area. My only gripe with TOG is that the technology wasn't available for a torch in the offhand, which is why I love The Gutter in DS2. A torch meant you couldn't 2-arm a weapon, which, mechanically, was a great idea, imo. Unfortunately, most of the enemies in The Gutter were pushovers, I would've loved to have fended off the giant gorilla skeletons with a one-handed weapon.

    TOG really encapsulated the feeling of being completely lost and helpless. It was a running theme throughout the first half of DS1 but TOG really brought that feeling home - the giant treasure chests, running into Rhea of Thorolund, the glimmering lights from prism stones far below in the abyss and reaching the bonfire at the half-way point.

    I'm naturally afraid of the dark so idk if that made this area more exciting for me whereas others would've found it boring, but I think it's a great area.

    submitted by /u/Nite_Owl___
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Seath on my first try!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 12:23 PM PST

    And it only took me 3 hours to find the 2nd invisible bridge!

    /AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    submitted by /u/GumboFiddler
    [link] [comments]

    I just found out you can pacifist DarkSouls.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:18 PM PST

    By taking advantage of various glitches, skips, and summons, it is in fact very possible to beat the game without hitting a single character.

    submitted by /u/alstar101
    [link] [comments]

    My friend got one shotted by the moonlight butterfly.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 04:18 PM PST

    I had no idea that was even possible.

    submitted by /u/Christmas_97
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with +11 and up reinforcement

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 02:40 AM PST

    I have already given Andre the Large Ember and the Very Large Ember and reinforced the Reinforced Club to +10 already. I have Titanite Chunks and a Titanite Slab, but the option to reinforce past +10 isn't showing up. Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong? I'm trying to get the Strongest Weapon achievement and this is a definitely a hindrance in that regard. Any help would be very appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ahyesiamme
    [link] [comments]

    He won the duel, but I won the dance off.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:33 PM PST

    What is your favourite DS1 area, and why?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 02:29 PM PST

    That's it, what area in the game do you like the most? Everyone has its own feel and features. From the spires of Anor Londo to the winding maze of the Depths, the spinning bridges of the Catacombs and the sadly not Lost Izalith.

    Here's a list of all areas:

    Some (mostly boss areas) have been left out. Also mention any I have forgotten

    Undead Asylum

    Firelink Shrine

    Undead Burg

    Undead Parish

    Darkroot Garden

    Drakroot Basin

    The Catacombs

    Tomb of the Giants

    New Londo Ruins

    Valley of the Drakes

    Blighttown

    The Depths

    The Great Hollow

    Ash Lake

    Demon Ruins

    Lost Izalith

    Anor Londo

    The Painted World of Ariamis

    Dukes Archives

    The Crystal Caves

    Sens Fortress

    Royal Wood (Oolacile)

    Oolacile Township

    Chasm of the Abyss

    Kiln of the First Flame

    submitted by /u/keepcalm-and-kermit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment