• Breaking News

    Monday, December 7, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know who Sen was or why he had a Fortress...

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:28 AM PST

    But pretty sure he died from the most stupid fall ever.

    submitted by /u/danklekandrey
    [link] [comments]

    The true bosses of dark souls are not the bosses themselves...

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:07 AM PST

    It is there tails. I finally cut of seath the scaleless's tail and am so happy. After like 10 tries I was finnaly able to cut of his tail and kill him. If I was not going for the tail it would of been so easy, I could kill him on the first try. The difficulty is that his tail would fucking phase into the wall and prevent me from hitting him. I'm just worried now for kalameet, cuz I know his tail is really hard to cut.

    submitted by /u/shadows67-
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, I beaten the Gaping Dragon!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:57 PM PST

    Here's the screen of glory: https://i.imgur.com/D6Ck95S.png

    And these are my stats: https://i.imgur.com/Z8xH33L.png

    It took me 5 hours of dying to beat him.

    submitted by /u/frostwarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and Smough are no more finally

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:52 AM PST

    Hardest boss fight in my first run so far, had 10 attempts and only got one of them down to half health, decided this isnt working so i went back and did some exploring, got the rite of kindling from pinwheel, git havels ring, got the ring of favour after a few attempts at beating him, started using the gargoyles halberd at +10 and 4 attempts later they were dead, never thought I'd beat them at first

    submitted by /u/JacobFuckShish
    [link] [comments]

    I got a weird mob into my world

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:04 AM PST

    Well last week I was playing dark souls remastered with my NG cleric lvl 45 and when I came to the undead church I found a weird dark spirit crab with cristals on the top of his head. When I killed it he dropped twin humanities or something like that I dunno. Does someone know anything about this weird crab ?

    submitted by /u/Doespineappleflies92
    [link] [comments]

    The abyss and Gwyn

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 01:14 AM PST

    So is the Abyss truly pure evil that threatens to corrupt and destroy everything that needed to be stopped or was it a natural part of the cycle and Gwyn simply ruined the natural order by preserving the Age of Fire?

    submitted by /u/Cain1547
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:20 PM PST

    That feel when the two friendly archers trying to snipe you down get backed by Vagrant that is on the ledge right to them. Thanks game. Very cool.

    submitted by /u/Ejkelej
    [link] [comments]

    Bad luck

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:16 AM PST

    So I've never really posted on here, but I just needed some stuff to get off my chest and this is the best place I guess.

    I picked Dark Souls up again after a few months of not playing, and made a new character. I went all the way to Anor Londo with relative ease. I was having a good time, right?

    I get to the archers, and I see something small and red in my way. I've never seen a vagrant, and it was a bit disappointing that I wasn't in a situation to kill it. Well I'll be damned when this little fucker runs in front of me, stopping my on the walkway and getting me hit by the archers. Lost over 100,000 Souls I had been farming for a few hours (fuck those batwing demons too).

    I brush it off and keep playing. It's whatever. So I get to the centipede demon. Never really struggled with him, he ain't usually too bad. I've died 3 times to this boss. First two was from him staying in the lava, third was he kept spamming his grab attack.

    So it's been a good night.

    submitted by /u/_ThatOneWeeb_
    [link] [comments]

    If solaire is undead, why can't he respawn at fire like I did?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:45 AM PST

    How did I kill him finally if he is undead?

    submitted by /u/Lore_Destiny
    [link] [comments]

    The timing of the invasions are so "great"

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 01:16 AM PST

    I ran out of humanity before the O and S fight and hollowed, so I had to run all the way down to Demon ruins to kill Ceaseless Discharge. Once acquiring his humanity, I ran all the way back up to the Anor Londo bonfire where Solaire is. (For some reason, he wasn't there this time.) I popped my humanity to reverse hollowing, because I planned to use the stair jump method to quickly access the boss fight. Lucky me, I get invaded immediately (Like as soon as I left the bonfire. I was still in the room.) and get two shot by the invader. So glad I wasted all that time getting that one humanity.

    EDIT: When I say "Immediately Invaded" I mean as soon as I left the bonfire screen. Like the same instant, because I tried to rest again due to accidentally exiting it and was unable to.

    submitted by /u/Reah_Industries
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished a pretty interesting NO ESTUS run.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:15 AM PST

    I'll start by saying that I'm a dark souls vet. I'm not the best, but I've played it through probably 50 characters, done ungodly amounts of pvp, tried my hand at personally planned speed runs (currently 2 hours 30 mins is my rec), and done a bunch of unique weapon playthroughs most notably a playthrough where I only dealt damage using the bonewheel shield :D.

     

    Anyways, I just beat Demon's Souls on my PS5 and thought I'd do some Dark Souls before I move onto something else. I had this idea, "what if I try to play the game with no or limited healing?" And settled on doing a playthrough with no estus use. Here is how it went:

     

    NO ESTUS RUN

     

    GOAL: Never use estus, Kill all bosses and minibosses, and complete all areas killing all enemies with very few exceptions. No farming for any specific drops or for souls allowed. No summons allowed, all bosses solod.

     

    Starting Class: loin cloth + club (forget name)

    Play Time: 10 : 24 : 37

     

    Ending Status:

    Level: 104

    Vit: 40

    Att: 19

    End: 40

    Str: 24

    Dex: 18

    Res: 11

    Int: 16

    Fth: 18

    Soft Humanity: 23

     

    Weapons: Astora Straight sword + 0 (used to get silver serpent ring soon), Estoc + 0, Black Knight Sword + 5 (dropped from first black knight so I went with it), Chaos Gargoyle Halberd + 5 (I had used this in past PvP, so was familiar with it. In this game it became my main after O & S. Server (tried it on a single enemy, but it's so slow I never used it again). Composite Bow + 15 (had its moments, but probably fired less than 100 shots all game).

     

    Additional Weapons: Oolacile ivory catalyst, talisman, pyro flame

     

    Shields: Dragon Crest shield (used untli O&S), Silver Knight shield +5, Sanctum + 13 (only used in DLC since Nito was my last Lord Soul).

     

    Rings: Favor and Protection, Wolf Ring (only on a few boss fights), Havels ring (only vs Kalameet for fast roll), Slumbering dragoncrest ring (mostly for fun, not sure it really affected the playthrough), Ring of the Evil Eye (best ring for this playthrough), Silver Serpent Ring.

     

    Armor: Mask of Mother, Havel chest, Havel Gauntlets, Soldier's Waistcloth. My armor was more or less always something like this always keeping mid roll. I only switched to fast roll for the Kalameet fight.

     

    Attunement use throughout playthrough: Cast light, Fall Control (surprisingly useful in preventing damage) Invisible Body (often equipped), Heal (I had low Faith, so this didn't heal much), Replenishment (very nice, but only 2 casts), Power Within (only for 4 kings), Great Heal Excerpt (only one cast, but helpful), Tranquil Walk of Peace (turns out this works on Chester and Gwyn, was going to try on artorias, but didn't).

     

    General healing strat: Use ring of evil eye, and a few miracles to keep myself afloat, and use humanity in case of emergencys. Fire Keepers souls were also going to be a potential source, but I only ended up using one.

     

    Total Humanity used: Something around 40 (bosses + environment). I had around 22 soft humanity when I first fought Ornstein and Smough and that was the only time in the game I lost my soul stain so I was reduced to 0 soft humanity.

     

    Estimated humanity used on each boss (if boss isn't mentioned I probably used 0):

    Quelaag: 1

    Stray demon: 1

    Ornstein and Smough: 7

    Sif: 1

    4 kings: 2

    Nito: 2

    Guardian Beast: 2

    Artorias: 2-3

    Manus: 10

    Kalameet: 1-2

    Gwyn: 1-2

     

    Hardest fight without healing: Ornstein and Smough was very difficult without Estus. At this point in the game I was trying hard to preserve my humanity. I fought them around 10 times before finally beating them.

     

    After O&S, I only died once (on Bed of Chaos because of the firestorm spell). This was the first playthrough I used the silver pendant while fighting Manus and it was very effective and easy to use surprisingly. When I beat the game I had around 35 hard single humanity left in my inventory, 4 fire keeper souls, unsure of my twin humanity count.

     

    Whew, that was a lot of info. Hope it was interesting to at least one person. Feel free to ask questions.

     

    Overall it was a fun playthrough. I feel I should have made it harder by excluding more forms of healing. Maybe next time.

    submitted by /u/Adrianime
    [link] [comments]

    Well I guess that's one way to beat the Taurus Demon...

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:59 PM PST

    I think Capra Demon has broken my spirit.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 01:11 AM PST

    This game is currently £18 on Switch, never played it before and it looks awesome, however I've always been a little intimidated so never purchased it until now.

    Been having a blast, levelling up Strength, Dexterity, Endurance and Vitality, have got a Halberd +3 and I think I'm wearing just the regular Bandit Armour I started out with? Any way, it's all been good exploring and fighting the gargoyles and the giant bridge monster and that dragon who absolutely annihilated me several times before I realised you can avoid him.

    Have found it challenging but fair up until this Capra Demon guy who starts off with some unfriendly dogs and is already just a step or two away from you when you enter the small space. Sometimes I manage to kill the dogs, then he kills me, sometimes I manage to get to the stairs but everyone follows me up and I'm stuck. The worst thing is his attacks seem to go right through my block.

    I don't have Nintendo Online so I can't summon anyone to help, so I think this might be where I quit as this is really just the starting area still? I'll have a break for a week or two and see if I come back to it.

    Hope you guys are all well and good, just thought I'd share my newbie experience! (:

    submitted by /u/SomeCloneGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you dark souls, very cool

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:21 AM PST

    Wall Clip

    Weird wall clip glitch I found today.

    submitted by /u/shadows67-
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to win the game without killing the dogo?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:45 AM PST

    I am about to fight the hydra and I think the next boss is the dogy on the garden. Is there any way I can complete the game without killing her/him?

    Edit : ok.... Thanks for the answers....I will bring the age of darkness in this land for making kill the dogo

    submitted by /u/Bug-trainer-Dennis
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tell me plz

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:13 AM PST

    Guys if i play dark souls 3 without playing 2 or 1 did infect the story telling?!

    submitted by /u/Snoo_69053
    [link] [comments]

    Just obtained the Lordvessel - Where is best to go next?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:38 AM PST

    Hello there,

    I have just beaten O+S and can now warp about, i see 4 doors have opened around and I went into the first one i could find (dukes archives) but im wondering if there is stuff i should do before i go after the 4 kings? im rocking Uchi+8 (or 7 cant quite remember). im Playing on NS and may do some farming in Anor Londo

    submitted by /u/Boysenberry123
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 3 on console vs PC

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:36 PM PST

    maybe i've just gotten better at the game but i've only beaten DS3 once and it was on console and i struggled on multiple parts, was much better at Bloodborne and put way too much time into that game. anyways, i have dark souls 3 on my PC now and it's a BREEZE. i'm not sure if it's just because the frame rate isn't locked at 30 FPS but Sister Friede and Nameless King were extremely easy, took me 3 tries to kill NK (dragon took me a few more), and probably 5 for Friede. anyways it's a much more pleasant experience

    submitted by /u/AndrewFarmer44
    [link] [comments]

    I recently made a ranking of all the Dark Souls bosses. Here is my top 5. Thoughts?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:53 PM PST

    5: Bell Gargoyles

    4: Ornstein and Smough

    3: Manus, Father of the Abyss

    2: Black Dragon Kalameet

    1: Knight Artorius

    submitted by /u/Western_Telephone773
    [link] [comments]

    Suck my nuts Killua

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:16 AM PST

    GT Killua on Xbox. Just lost 10 humanity and 15k souls by the gaping dragon. I just started playing again today and I just turned it off lol damn you!!

    submitted by /u/tapefactoryslave
    [link] [comments]

    First Souls Game

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:41 AM PST

    Dark Souls Remastered is the first souls game I've ever played and I can't believe how much I enjoy playing it. It's the scariest game I personally have ever played but it's so rewarding I cannot stop. I just picked up the soul of Gravelord Nito whom I remember seeing in the intro and thought "Well that's terrifying." Literally never thought I would last this long. The other thing I have found truly surprising is the fan base around this game. Everyone I have interacted with (besides the jerks that keep killing me in PVP) have been SO welcoming and supportive. Just wanted to say thanks I guess. ^_^

    TL:DR Praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/DebbStep19
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Ornstein and Smough Fight You

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:09 PM PST

    I can't find any videos about it and it seems that I've done nothing to provoke them. It's not like they've been corrupted like Artorias, and what harm could be done visiting Guinevere.

    submitted by /u/FortniteAirlines
    [link] [comments]

    Rest Easy, With Your Honorable Master

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:33 AM PST

    As I kneel beside your now lifeless body, I can only apologize

    Knowing your purpose, killing you may not have been wise

    But...

    I have to move on... still... before I do

    I will take time here to pay proper respect to you

    You've been through much, loyally by Artorias' side

    Even as darkness overtook him, aiding in his demise

    Killing him was mercy, he was too far gone

    Artorias was a noble knight, but the abyss won

    But your soul is with him now, a soul undeterred

    So as I shed these tears for your loss, allow me to stroke your fur.

    I'm so sorry, Sif... Goodbye....

    submitted by /u/Facelessone83
    [link] [comments]

    Can you escape the painted world of Ariamis without beating Crossbreed Priscilla?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:58 AM PST

    Tempted to go there but I don't want to get stuck just in case I can't beat her.Can I escape the world? And if yes,how?

    submitted by /u/Antonio31415
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment