• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 6, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Knight Fanart

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 11:03 PM PST

    Remodeled and re-textured from scratch

    https://imgur.com/a/hkiuthl

    submitted by /u/ShawnMarvin
    [link] [comments]

    Creepy ceiling before velstadt

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 01:17 PM PST

    So today i was farming the blue flame sword in the corridor before velstadt and i decided to look up and realized there are upsidedown statues and a poison butterfly, dont know why but 1000h into the game i had never seen it before and it adds alot to the vibe of the place

    submitted by /u/KINGPENGUINex
    [link] [comments]

    Smelter demon

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:10 AM PST

    So a just accidentally found smelter demon (coz I thought that this little gate can't be way to his arena) and I beat him on my first ds2 run ever first try. My hands are shaking even now, 10 minutes after fight. I love this game!

    submitted by /u/Dragon1Svk
    [link] [comments]

    Throne of want

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:15 PM PST

    I was looking at the throne of want, and I was staring at the building that houses where your character sits after you win the game, and it looks an awful lot like the Kiln in the first game. Anybody else notice this?

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulCarlos
    [link] [comments]

    Boys, I did it

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 03:47 AM PST

    I'm twelve years old, and finally beat my first dark souls game all on my own. I know DS2 and SotFS are seen as quite easy, but this has been a challenge. I beat this with one AI summon, offline with a STR build. Alot of this game felt like bullshit, two places in particular. I don't know which one to play next, though Man, sitting through the SotFS credits kinda sad tho

    submitted by /u/pp69696969696969
    [link] [comments]

    I completed DS2 for the first time.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 11:35 PM PST

    I beat the game! I absolutely adore dark souls 2 now. I'm excited to do NG+, but I'm getting DS1 remastered for Nintendo Switch tomorrow. I'm excited. Ok I'll stop geeking out, it's just the post game euphoria 😂

    Does anyone that has a switch want to co-op on DS remastered?

    submitted by /u/dsoab92
    [link] [comments]

    Im going to livestream dark souls 2! For the first time!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:37 AM PST

    I'm going live in about half an hour or 8pm Irish / English time at twitch.tv/fatneckitten , come have a look of ya want and give me some tips! I've never beaten this one souls game. Time to change that! my twitch right here lads.

    submitted by /u/Fatneckitten123
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about going for the platinum

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:33 AM PST

    I'm planning on going for the platinum trophy and I had a couple questions about the logistics. Is it possible to inherit all the equipment, join all covenants, gain all miracles, sorceries, hexes, pyromancies, and learn all gestures in one run. If not does using a bonfire ascetic allow you to refresh vendors and buy the necessary spells? Any help would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/EkkoJungleWorks
    [link] [comments]

    Aava

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 03:50 AM PST

    I wanted to beat Aava while it is invisible. So, I summoned a sunbro to help me, but he left my world as soon as he saw that Aava is invisible. That was a pretty funny moment. Of course I also had to use homeward bone, since I can't beat it solo.

    submitted by /u/SoulsPlayer
    [link] [comments]

    Revisiting after a long lay off

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:24 PM PST

    I beat the base game and started the sunken city dlc a couple of years ago. Took a long break to play DS3, DSR and other things. Plus it was kicking my ass. Today I went back and advanced to 2nd area Dragon's Sanctum. Got damn this dlc is punishing haha. Is there a bonfire when I first get to the area or is it hidden along the way?

    submitted by /u/CoachGymGreen56
    [link] [comments]

    No Name ring?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:06 PM PST

    I´ve went to Straid cell, unpetrified him and cehecked what he sells. However, I found something very interesting in the Rings section (the ones you buy, no crafting) and this guys is selling me a No Name Ring, and the item description says "no name".

    I bought it just for curiosity (5000 souls) and then I decided to wear it.

    Apparently, it did nothing. Absolutely nothing. After a while (still equipped) the game just crashed to my Steam Big Picture screen.

    Now, I don´t use this ring and everything works fine. Just wanted to share this. This happened to someone else? SotFS edition, with the latest patch installed.

    submitted by /u/EvasiveFaun
    [link] [comments]

    Neat thing I noticed on the way to Brume's Tower

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:58 AM PST

    We get 6 smelter wedges from the remains of the first Nadalia Idol. There are 8 dead soldiers 9 actually 1 of which didnt make it to the top. There are 2 used smelter wedges on the floor near the Idol.

    So did the knights decide to stick their wedges into the idol at the same time but Nadalia used Outcry and killed them all before 2 of the wedges got used up and banished the idol?

    submitted by /u/LuciferAdeo
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with DLC, Old Chaos

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 01:27 PM PST

    What the hell? Okay it took me almost all my estus to beat the first phase with the Respawning Knights, and i made it to the Burnt King Boss... And died, and have to do all over again? What should i do? And basically, do i get forced to buy PS plus to get Help?

    submitted by /u/SimilarJudgment921
    [link] [comments]

    I've changed many of the OST(s) that play in Darksouls 2 (What do you guys think?)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:22 AM PST

    Lucatiel not appearing at Aldia’s Keep

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 01:04 PM PST

    I picked of SotFS again after a while when I beat the game, going around and doing all the post-game stuff now. I don't remember if I talked to Lucatiel at No Man's Wharf or Lost Bastille but I must have because she's not in either location. I had to go back and talk to her at Black Gulch and Earthen Peak, and I've also fought The Rotten, Lost Sinner, and Smelter Demon with her and she never died, but not matter what I do she won't appear at the Foregarden bonfire. What am I doing wrong here?

    submitted by /u/Gavner-Purl
    [link] [comments]

    When invading goes wrong

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:59 AM PST

    I was minding my own business when a player invaded me, he was charging me with a sword and shield. Little did he know I had a +10 great sword and I have 84 STR. Let's just say he got 4 shot and I hit him with the wave. FeelsSoGoodMan

    submitted by /u/YoPaxx
    [link] [comments]

    Saint Nicholas

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:27 PM PST

    This might have been the most joyful day I had in a long time playing any video game. As today is/was/wasn't(lol) Saint Nicholas, where ever you might live.. i decided to spice things up a little. Instead of pvping on a twink or anything I decided to invade people at the heides tower and other respawning mini bosses such as the red dragon there.. i tried to avoid fights as much as I could and mostly even equipped the white phantom ring. (No one actually felt for that one tho... Aye) what I did is honestly very simple. I used emotes to pointed into the direction of said enemies. For solo players it was simply a Heide Knights. After they defeated him.. i gave them a little present in form of a human effigy :D for co-op players on the other hand.. yeah I guided them towards the dragon and watched about 15 groups failing. Only one managed it so far.. and they have all three been rewarded with a soul of a great hero each. It was (and still is, if you're in xbox maybe hit your buddies up and start up a new game ;b) a whole lot of fun and it's insane how many players actually joined my little mini game instead of hunting me down!

    Dark Souls 2, Fashion Souls, NoHonor Souls.. call it what ever you want, the game is what you make out of it and to me it's the best game i can think of, right after Skyrim maybe... Well -

    Thank you for reading my very long post and have a blast everyone!

    submitted by /u/RingOfTheLiving
    [link] [comments]

    Stats explained for weapons / armour - sluggish

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:07 PM PST

    Does anyone have a good link to what all the icons and stats means for weapons and armour . I'm now in Bastille, 91 ADP and mainly STR and DEX. Wearing Falconers armour with a mace. But - my swinging speed just feels so sluggish . After doing two runs of DS1 I am approaching DS2 with an open mind and the main issue I feel is my orientation, aim and swing speed just seems so behind the pace of the enemies . Even the dogs in Bastille are causing me grief

    Is it a dex thing to get the weapon speed faster? or do I need to be lighter ( falconer isn't too heavy ) , any help appreciated for how to spend or get ahead here .

    The prior levels ( forest , tower , wharf ) I've really still not felt I've ever been in control and only really passing them once they disappear from the number of related kills.

    submitted by /u/peoplesfactory
    [link] [comments]

    Stat and ring recommendations for STR/FTH build for PvE (SOTFS)?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:07 PM PST

    Hi everyone. I'm a little newer to DS2 and have been loving it so far. I'm currently SL 137 (I plan on capping at SL 150 or 200) on my first play through an have been mainly doing a dex/fth build that used spears. After clearing Shrine of Amana and Undead Crypt, I have two new weapons that I'm interested in using. The red iron twinblade and the sacred chime hammer. I have yet to exchange Velstadt soul but plan on doing it for that sweet hammer. Anyway, I want to switch my build from dex/fth to str/faith, but I don't know where to begin really. I want to distribute my stats to maximize build effectiveness without pouring points into skills that won't help me. Does anyone have any advice on what stat levels I should aim for, as well as what rings I should use? Side note: I don't use much offensive miracles as of right now (leveling for sunlight blade) and mainly just heal. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Blue_Arachnid
    [link] [comments]

    Killed firemaiden in drangleic is she revivable

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:58 AM PST

    I killed just out of stupidity I guess I didn't know it was the same maiden from majula wtf she doing in drangleic haha I saw a YouTube video you can revive her but I'm like 30 mins in real time and no grave is popping up from the tree near bonfire am I pretty much fucked or?

    submitted by /u/Consistent-Ad-9153
    [link] [comments]

    Sir alone kinda cheese

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 05:49 AM PST

    What is Sir Alonne weak to? I want to use lightning because it is getting kinda boring using the same old weapons. If he is weak to lighting can anybody recommend me a good build. I got that chime thing from the Darklurker boss fight.

    submitted by /u/JerryBigToes
    [link] [comments]

    Disconnecting Every Two Minutes ��

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:19 AM PST

    I'm playing SotFS on PS4 and really need sunlight medals! I'm tired of the farming and as soon as I go online to drop my summon sign I get 'connection to the servers was lost, switching to offline mode' every two minutes!

    It's not my Internet as everything's fine, never ever had this problem with any other souls game. Has anyone got any fixes? I'm desperate!!

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/emptyestusflask
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have to kill Executioner's Chariot to finish the game?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:41 AM PST

    I went two times to fight him and hated it. I really think it's the worst boss in the game and I'm so bored to fight all the way back to him again, when I know that i'm not gonna enjoy the fight.

    I Just passed Undead Crypt and so far it doesn't seem to obstruct my progrεssion in the game and I can't understand if he is optional or not!

    submitted by /u/MalloryLovedYouOnce
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment