• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    i made it past the archers

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:08 PM PST

    i did it! i dont know how many times i died but i finally made it.. praise the sun my brothers

    submitted by /u/VibeMaster69
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the Pixels.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:29 PM PST

    Got invaded. They had a greatsword. They backstab fished me and and got me. I died. But I didnt. Literally 3 life and they put down their controller because they thought they win so I killed them.

    submitted by /u/AuroraCreates
    [link] [comments]

    Mimic Chest BLOCK

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:49 AM PST

    Wasn't aware you could save someone who opens a Mimic, but my friend who is bad at video games didn't bother listening to me when I said not to open it.

    Enjoy

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3vglSpPZy/?igshid=1qi98qsblvrf2

    submitted by /u/mkelngo
    [link] [comments]

    I have made an fanart of Sif

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I did it! I DID IT! I FINALLY DID IT!!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:53 PM PST

    Thanks for your help and guidance and support, after first getting dks on ps3 years ago, failing, coming back to it, getting a new ps3, starting from scratch, the ragequits, the days lost to the same bonfire boss run over and over, i finally fucking did it. Made gwyn my bitch and linked the flame. Ng+ here we go fam. I just wanted to do a quick shoutout to my mum for having me and this reddit community for keeping me from going hollow when i was at my wits end. Thankyou, its been an amazing journey

    submitted by /u/japaneseairlines
    [link] [comments]

    First playthrough...mom can you come and pick me up I don’t wanna be here anymore

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:54 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/XM4kXYP

    Was then immediately invaded after kindling the bonfire by a player named Maneater Maude wearing nothing but a sack on her head and then spammed "well is that it" after killing me.

    These are dark days indeed.

    submitted by /u/Babo__
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve done it! As of today I have beaten all 3 dark souls.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:26 PM PST

    A little over a month ago I beat Demon's Souls on ps5 and this series finally clicked with me. I then played ds3 and all of it's DLC and then went on to beat DS1 and it's DLC as well. Today I beat the one I tried 4-5 years ago, ds2.

    I'm typing this as I watch the credits and man, I went from not understanding why people love this series so much, to it becoming one of my favorite series of all time. I wish I would have given it a proper chance back in 2011 but I'm glad to have finally experienced it. I'm going to finish the DLC of ds2 and then play BB and Sekiro but I felt like I needed to talk about these games. I hope you all had a good weekend and any of the new players that are just getting started, don't give up on these games. Once it clicks you will love them forever.

    submitted by /u/bac736
    [link] [comments]

    My stupid ass went to The Catacombs after defeating Bell Gargoyles. No light source, fell into a hole on the way to Tomb of the Giants after killing Pinwheel and lost 15k souls.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:10 AM PST

    I know I can get it back. But I died on the way there from those spinny spinny guys. And died many times trying to get the sorcerer right and below from where that disabled lightning demon.

    This is my first time, though I know what I'm getting myself into. Not to brag to you casuals (hehe /s), I've finished Bloodborne, Sekiro and Demons Souls PS3. But even I am struggling with this game. Its so much slower and less aggressive than I had expected.

    Also trying out a tank build. After getting abused with 2 previous faster characters. I've accepted the change in pace and am committing to tank build. Heavy armor and strength all the way! Never done that before so it's something new to me.

    submitted by /u/swiftsausages72
    [link] [comments]

    I can't take this... I'm going hollow

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:09 PM PST

    So I have tried to beat the 4 kings over and over with multiple characters and just cant do it by myself and there are never any summon signs around and believe me, I've looked all over the whole area. Of course the NPC summon is useless. Can someone please just help me with this fight, I'm going hollow here. I'm a PS4 player

    Update: I Finally got them with a little help, thanks everyone

    submitted by /u/Danofireleg33
    [link] [comments]

    I kust finished my first dark souls game praise the sun!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:00 AM PST

    I just fonished DSR in the nintendo switch, now I'm craving for souls like games. Are there other good recommendations for the nintendo switch? I heard Blasphemous was a good start.

    submitted by /u/haunted_RAVEN
    [link] [comments]

    Crab thing??

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:27 AM PST

    Was fighting a Capra demon in demon ruins and suddenly some fucking crab one shots me with beams of light what the fuck is this thing

    submitted by /u/whebehbesh
    [link] [comments]

    Dex build tips for Silver Knights?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:44 AM PST

    I'm getting wrecked by these dudes in Anor Londo. I'm SL 61 with 30 Dex using an Uchi +10 and they don't even react to my attacks. I can't parry very well and backstabs don't always work.

    Really considering starting a new game at this point and doing Strength. No idea how I'll beat the boss of the low level guys are wiping the floor with me.

    Anyone have any tips?

    submitted by /u/moviebuffnerd
    [link] [comments]

    Are there multiple archer sections in anor londo?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:24 AM PST

    I remember hearing my friends and people online talk about how awful the silver knight archers were. And how much they died from them. I got to anor londo where you run up thin platform like things with archer shooting you. I just walked up and killed a guy in my way and got to the bonfire. Is that the only one?

    submitted by /u/ElSamsel
    [link] [comments]

    Just got ds remastered (Sorry if flair is incorrect, I am stupid.)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:14 PM PST

    For a little while, I was really struggling. Everything felt sluggish and gross, and I wasn't really grooving.

    Then I started wearing nothing but the "fang boar head" or something. The game has become easy. I am quick, my halbierd quicker. The undead cower, terrified of my naked body and massive pig helmet. I have mastered the art of running away when I am afraid.

    But, at the same time, I'm horribly lost. I have yet to progress past the undead parish, and I'm not about to go toe to toe with some fuckn ghosts down in the ruins. I also tried to fight this big ass demon dude, by the blacksmit, and got my ass handed to me on a silver platter.

    Why have I never played these games before? This is fun as hell. Can't wait to die again.

    submitted by /u/i_just_sub
    [link] [comments]

    Finished the game yesterday and then finished NG+ today

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:40 PM PST

    Finished my second ever (after several years originally beat it on PS3) playthrough of DS1 over the Christmas holiday, beat it with a zweilhander build that was so fun, got to do the DLC and painted world which I missed on my PS3, after I went straight into NG+ felt so good walking through all the early bosses that kicked my ass. Still some difficult later game battles mainly O+S and 4K but managed to beat it on NG+ in a day, so happy loved the extra challenge and caution you needed when everything hits so hard.

    Praise The Sun.

    submitted by /u/ConorHickey0
    [link] [comments]

    My personal top-5 hardest Dark Souls bosses.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:32 AM PST

    Here is my personal 5 bosses I struggled with the most on my first playthrough (NG). And yes, now a days I can beat these bosses pretty easily but on my first playthrough, oh man! Feel free to discuss your hardest bosses in the comments!

    5• Bed of Chaos

    This fight is just bullsh*t, there's no doubt about that. I hate how it's near impossible to not die at least once after destroying one of the side "things". The floor opens up when you're not prepared and the long-ass arms sweep you right in. This fight is both hard and bad and that's a combo that I don't like.

    4• Black Dragon Kalameet

    I don't really have much to say about this fight. It is, from a gameplay standpoint, a very good fight. But there is just something missing. Maybe it is the lore that just doesn't do it for me. Now this fight is practically impossible if Gough doesn't help you by 360-noscoping Kalameet into oblivion. Then it's possible. But even with the help of Gough it's a really tough, but very fair fight.

    3• Manus, father of the Abyss

    Some of you will tell me that I should have put Manus higher on this list, but listen to me for a second. I still think Manus is a really hard a challenging battle, but I don't think it deserves the number 1 spot. If you know about the Silver Pendant you can just block all of his Darkspells, and with good dodge timing and experience with fast fights he can be overcome.

    2• Ornstein & Smough

    The legendary duo that has made many, many players quit the game half way through. Now this is a gank fight done right. The speed of Ornstein and the strength of Smough is a deadly combination that is very hard to overcome. From Software has tried to recreate this type of gank fight many times but they have never been able to really recreate the magic of Ornstein and Smough. I can safely say I died to these two knights more than 20 times but there is one more boss that killed me more than any other...

    1• Knight Artorias

    This is hands down my favorite boss fight in the ENTIRE franchise. Artorias has great lore and is super cool. His speed and aggression makes him a very challenging foe, especially when you consider that much of Dark Souls one's bosses aren't that fast and can be defeated with a passive strategy. In this fight though, you got to be both very aggressive and have patience at the same time. I died 40+ times to Artorias but didn't get frustrated at all. I'm serious, I was glad I died, because then I got to fight him again. This boss battle is just that good. Both the best and the hardest.

    submitted by /u/R3BB3RDU3K
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone notice when you kill Manus you get 10 humanity?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:33 PM PST

    I just love the silent environmental storytelling, it offers so many possibilities.

    submitted by /u/DarkWitcherReturns
    [link] [comments]

    Maneater Mildred Fanart [Source: FilthyDrawings]

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 11:49 AM PST

    Made a small Pixel Art of Mildred. Hope you guys like it!

    https://i.imgur.com/DblAdAw.gif

    Source: @FilthyDrawings

    submitted by /u/filthydrawings
    [link] [comments]

    Just purchased Dark Souls: Remastered

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:23 AM PST

    Any helpful hints before venturing into Lordran for the first time?

    submitted by /u/AboveSteam
    [link] [comments]

    What's the point of combustion spells?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:00 AM PST

    Probably a dumb question. Why would I use that when my weapon with better reach does more damage? Talking about pve. Maybe to get a hit in while stamina is regenerating?

    submitted by /u/Sidious_X
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go now?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:49 AM PST

    So I've rang both bells and killed the gargoyles, taurus demon, gaping dragon, capra demon, queelag and moonlight butterfly. Can't quite get past the dragons in valley of the drakes and am at the bonfire just before that bit. Not sure where to go. I've also explored sens fortress and killed the big dude on top and a few of the big lightning dudes below it. Running master key, and like a plus 5 elite knight set and a no plus dark knight sword. Where to now?

    submitted by /u/MeAndThePipBoys
    [link] [comments]

    Black Dragon Kalimeet

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:15 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I'm closing in on completing my first playthrough and seem to have gotten stuck on Kalimeet in the DLC. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks that helped you beat him, or if anyone would mind helping. I'm playing on PS4. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/_S4LSA_
    [link] [comments]

    Special thanks to the dude who helped me destroy Manus earlier

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 11:03 AM PST

    Was actually a really fun boss fight. Actually felt like were taking turns baiting his attacks while Sif was as useless as always. Always appreciate it when members of the community try to help each other out.

    submitted by /u/Adam_The_Actor
    [link] [comments]

    i think I'm Lost?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:04 PM PST

    Hey guys, I decided to get back in to DS I last played back in Aug 2019, so i'm continuing on from my save, But I'm kind of lost, I can't remember what I'm doing, where I'm going and what gear i need to use, Is there any way i can find out where i'm at? thanks.

    submitted by /u/Starfire77
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment