• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the DLC, honestly at a loss at how good these were compared to base game

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 11:37 PM PST

    Some of you may have seen my post that was rather critical of DS2 SotFS. I've been posting my progress of beating this series for the first time across the subreddits for each game. I enjoyed the base game, but it had problems. I'm honestly shocked at just how much better the level design, and boss design is in each and every one of these DLCs. Fume Knight, Burnt Ivory King and Sinh are both strong contenders for my favorite souls boss thus far, with the other contenders being Artorias, Gwyn, Old King Allant, and Tower Knight. The level design in these DLCs felt akin to Dark Souls 1 or perhaps more accurately, Demon's Souls, and believe me that's a compliment. Honestly cannot believe the DLCs were made by the same people as base game. The difference in quality is high, and the DLCs are much much better. These, are the only reason I see myself possibly giving DS2 a replay in the future, because as much as I enjoyed the base game, parts of it felt like a slog. The DLC did not, towards the end the pace sowed down a little on the last DLC but the amazing Burnt Ivory King boss made up for it. I recommend every souls player whose been advised to skip DS2 to play it, for the DLC alone. I don't necessarily advise a replay just because the base game is the way it is.

    submitted by /u/RoboticSausage52
    [link] [comments]

    God I feel stupid

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:16 AM PST

    So, I'm still on my first playthrough of DS2 SOTFS. To me this game is so so much harder than the others. Everything seems to do so much damage. And i think i know why. Me, being dumb, immediately joined the company of champions. After reading about it on fextra life i see that this both raises the enemy and boss damage and health by almost 50% and there resistances by 20%. I have gone through the majority of the game like this. When i played the original DS2 it was much easier so i kept thinking "Holy crap scholar is so much tougher" No, not really, I'm just real dumb. I was wondering why the Brume Tower was just fucking me to death and don't even get me started on IrOn PaSsAgE. Anyways, should I stick to the challenge and continue my company of champions run only? Or give myself a break cause Fume Knight (even though he's not too difficult) two shots me and 36 vigor max HP. I'm scared to fight Alonne the most really

    submitted by /u/OReillysAutoParts
    [link] [comments]

    Are thrust swords supposed to do this much damage?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:22 PM PST

    Like, genuinely, are they supposed to do this much damage? It's not a bug?

    I started as a swordsman and despite my rapier +1 having only 4 more AR than my scimitar +1, it's doing double the damage and that's without counter hits.

    Are the enemies in the forest, heides tower and the bastille just really weak to thrust or do these swords have a really high motion value or something?

    submitted by /u/CowofSatan
    [link] [comments]

    What to do after watching all of the memories

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:28 PM PST

    I watched all 3 giant memories and 1 dragon memory. I went to ancient dragon but he still says "...". And according to wikia the only place I haven't discovered is an area called dark chasm of old. What should I do next please help me without spoilers

    submitted by /u/DerthertDeyMeroc
    [link] [comments]

    The Story Makes My Brain Hurt, Can Someone Help Me Understand?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:44 PM PST

    So I have just recently finished DS: PtD and DS2: SotFS...and I am LOST at the story of DS2 and how it fits into everything.

    DS1 was fairly straightforward, but DS2 just throws everything out the window and I have no idea what is going on. I have DS3 qued up next, maybe it will clear things up, but I have been told that it has very little, if not nothing, to do with DS2 (I have even been told to skip DS2).

    Can someone answer some of my questions maybe?

    • When and where is this taking place?

    • How are Lordran and Drangleic related, if at all?

    • Are the Throne of Want and the Kiln of the First Flame the same place? How does the Bearer of the Curse link the first flame if its located in the Kiln?

    • Whats the deal with King Vendrick?

    • Who is the Lost Sinner?

    • Who is Aldia? What IS the First Sin? Is it linking the First Flame?

    • In the opening cinematic, does the Bearer of the Curse go back to the past to prevent the Age of Darkness from happening?

    • Whats the deal with the Giants?

    • Who are the Four Great Souls? (The Rotten, Dukes Dear Freja, and the Old Iron King) Not counting the Lost Sinner since I think their story is more in-depth.

    Im sorry if the answers to these are painfully obvious, but I just cant seem to get it. People say that DS2 is a bad game, and while I definitely didnt enjoy it like I did DS1 and feel that it has a different atmosphere, I dont think its necessarily bad. I think understanding the lore would help me enjoy the story much better. Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/GoldenRattata
    [link] [comments]

    Is it over?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:01 PM PST

    I beat the Queen nashandra and now I'm watching credits roll. Is it really over because it took me 50 hours? I'm not talking about if there's a different ending. Did my playthrough end?

    submitted by /u/DerthertDeyMeroc
    [link] [comments]

    I've had no luck on summon sign hopefully anyone here can help

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:59 AM PST

    Who's your favorite boss?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:05 PM PST

    Mine is sir alone, of the clean floors

    Fume knight is a close 2nd

    Dank lurker is 3rd

    Red smelter is 4th

    submitted by /u/supermarioplush220
    [link] [comments]

    fume knight

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:49 PM PST

    anyone still co-op playing? Im stuck on fume knight but cant ever find summons for help.

    submitted by /u/ssgvanquish
    [link] [comments]

    Is it too late for me to switch to a battle mage build?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:35 AM PST

    I have just killed Rotten. Currently rocking a somewhat-quality build, with 30 VIG, 25 END, maybe 20 VIT, 30 STR and 22 DEX (with 99 AGI), using a +3 Craftsman's Hammer and a +3 Santier's Spear. These 2 melted pretty much anything in my way pretty easily, especially with resins, but I wanna try something else. Partially because I've played melee in all Soulborne games (except DeS), and I heard that magic is very diverse in this game. The problem is, I spent all of my twinkling titanites on the hammer and the spear. Can I still get a hybrid build, maybe STR/INT or DEX/INT, build going with a +1 Staff of Wisdom and the hammer, or should I used an upgraded normal catalyst until I have enough Twinkling Titanites? What weapons and infusions should I use for melee? I still haven't used the first soul vessel they gave yet. Also, I heard that almost everything in the DLCs are resistant to magic. Is this applied to spells and weapon infusions? How good can this hybrid build last in the DLCs?

    Edit: Are hexes worth it? How do they fare against normal sorceries and pyro?

    submitted by /u/Drakulion
    [link] [comments]

    DS3 Vs DS2

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:41 AM PST

    I know there's a learning curve for every video game. I know that each game isn't the same (thank goodness) even when being in the same Series. But cheese and crackers, DS3 is suuuuuuuuucking hairy balls right now.

    1. Is every boss going to have a Phase 2? Ffs. The very first boss is some badass Knight that's fun to fight and learn his move set. Get that part down and then BOOM! Fucking alien pops outta the Knight and starts doing weird alien shit. Massive hit boxes from random ass places. Literally the only thing to do when these bosses go into what I call Frenzy Mode is to hug their body as tight as possible and try to duck under all their attacks cause idk what tf they're actually swinging at or which part of their body is actually doing the damage.

    2. What's with the roll? It's seriously like an action roll. It's doesn't feel like a legit combat maneuver. It feels like a cure-all for every attack. Enemy Mobs have too big of hit boxes with too much tracking to do any kind of strafing movement, so I'm constantly relying on a rolling to avoid any damage. Sometimes 3 or 4 rolls in a row.

    3. What's up with the items? I think I've picked up 20-30 firebombs and only 1-2 weapons. No spells or armor so far. I'm only on the second part (Undead Settlement) but DS2 seemed to have a lot more stuff to pick up.

    4. I wish that enemies despawned. Instead of feeling like I'm progressing through the area and taking the game on one chunk at a time, I'm scurrying from bonfire to bonfire trying to open the right fucking door so I can create shortcuts to cheese the area. It just really cuts down on the exploration aspect when there is always gonna be mobs everywhere.

    I know I just need to give it more time. I quit DS2 for a long time when I went from DS1 to 2 just because the games play so dynamically different. But it's really kinda pissing me off a bit. Some of the biggest stuff people complain about with 2, I see in 3. Like getting Ganked? Still a huge issue. Find myself using Throwing Knives to aggro Mobs so I don't have to drop into an ambush. And I feel Buildlocked right now. I just wanna use a damn scimitar and cut people up in a fancy way, but I've defaulted to a Deep Battleaxe that I got from a Mimic (who had a shit-ton of health) cause slash damage, the lack of range, and the low poise damage seems to make the scimmy useless. Idk. If anybody knows of something I'm missing to make my experience better, just let me know. Sorry for the long rant.

    People that hail 3 as the best and shit on 2 can kiss my dink.

    submitted by /u/badkennyfly
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished ds2 for the first time and I feel sorry for this game

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:33 AM PST

    I started the game a couple months ago right after I finished dsr and I got about as far as the ruin sentinels and I was l quit before I could even finish them, yup I rage quit on the ruin sentinels. I just got a PlayStation 4 and a copy of all of the souls games and since I had full completed 1 and 3 I thought "Well let me give this one another try and to make it a challenge how about I try and platinum it". I followed a guide for it but other than that I didn't know what happened after the ruin sentinels and now I can confidently say that I love this game....well most of it. Does anyone else really love the last half of the game but hate the beginning? I'd say right around the Shaded Woods area is when I started to fall in love with it and I enjoyed the rest of the game completely. It honestly might be my favourite souls game but just that first half really sucks in my opinion. Does anyone else feel this way? Anyways I just feel sorry that I didn't give this one a try a couple months ago because it really is a great game the more you play it.

    submitted by /u/AnchorCreek
    [link] [comments]

    No death/No bonfire tips

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:55 AM PST

    So I completed a no death run a few months back and have been on and off attempting No death No bonfire runs when I have the time. The farthest I have gone is right before reaching 1 mil soul memory.

    I use the tseldora set with silver serpent ring +1 along with Saintiners Spear and a +10 mace. My biggest fear is the gutter so I try to avoid going down the pit of hell if at all possible, any recommended pathing or should I bite the bullet and beat up the gross flesh mound in the sewers.

    submitted by /u/DigitalNinja88
    [link] [comments]

    Mad Warrior stopped appearing

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:02 AM PST

    I'm in the Bell Covenant, I'm offline, I have the delicate string equipped. 30 bonfire rests and no Mad Warrior.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Is my game doomed?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:59 AM PST

    Hey guys Ive completed all the areas except aldia's keep-dragon shrine-dragon aerie-dark chasm of old-memories of the ancient. I defeated velstadt and encountered with vendrick. Then i took his ring and the woman in Majula appeared and told me to go to the king's gate in drangleic castle using his ring. I went there and moved forward as she said. There was area throne of want , I defeated the bosses throne keeper and watcher. But It shows throne of want as last area for game progress route in wiki. Is my game bugged and doomed or is it the normal way to progress. Please just tell me without spoilers

    submitted by /u/DerthertDeyMeroc
    [link] [comments]

    Music used in these trailers?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:53 AM PST

    Does anyone know if the music from these trailers are in the OST?

    https://youtu.be/2p71Wu1TkY4

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6OvKFwIza8

    submitted by /u/CounterSniped
    [link] [comments]

    Lack of motivation - iron passage

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:51 AM PST

    Hello skeletons,I love this series and I'm currently at the old iron king dlc, but i've found it genuinely hard to willfully play this. The dlc started off really good, but i've now been struggling in iron passage for a long time. I then heard, the next dlc has an area even more annoying. It seems they want you to coop in this? but I reallyyyyy do not want to coop smelter demon. I've never coop'd any bosses and I like taking them down on my own.

    My problem is I have a legit hard time enjoying myself, and i do NOT want this game to defeat me. Usually the challenge makes the game what it is, but the challenge of iron passage doesn't feel the same? Even running through it is a pain and i 8/10 times die in the second gate opener, as it's so easy to get blocked or hit by anything which means u can't go through. Fighting is possible but very annoying if alone and i end up using all of my flasks leaving nothing for the copy paste koolaid boss. Is there sun behind this or if i'm not liking iron passage i should just quit now?

    Edit: After a while i could somewhat consistently run through, and i killed the boss shortly after! disappointed its just a blue smelter demon, but atleast im over it now. Thanks for all the amazing help!! :D

    submitted by /u/BreadGotten
    [link] [comments]

    i remember a boss fight that i can't find in the wiki.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:03 AM PST

    hoping you guys can help me out here. I remember a boss fight where you enter the fight and you drop from a high position into the area. Then you have to fight some kind of enemies around 3 gates. Each gate eventually becomes an ice block and eventually, you start fighting the actual boss.

    i looked through the wiki but i can't remember which boss it was...

    submitted by /u/PhtevenTheSecond
    [link] [comments]

    Why wont my weapon work

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:47 PM PST

    When I equip a great sword it says it does 150 or so dmg but when I actually use it it does 12 dmg can someone help me

    submitted by /u/ZeroPointXellarate
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed on way from Tower of Prayer to Priestess' Chamber

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:55 AM PST

    Anyone wanna coop that part with me on PS4? I'm sitting at the bonfire. Cheers

    submitted by /u/schwabylon
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the highest dps/ damage greatsword in this game?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:39 AM PST

    Currently running a +7 blue moon greatsword and was wondering if there any point continuing to upgrade it or if there's any better weapons to look out for. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SymetricGamer
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon to upgrade to, after the Broadsword?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:06 PM PST

    I am a major noob into the Dark Souls world. DS2 SOTFS is my first souls game and I abandoned it for 6 months, because it was frustrating me, untill I started to watch some youtube, read around the internet and finally understand it (as much as I can, I still have trouble understanding the magic stuff and how to upgrade my character towards magic build as well).

    Now that I advanced a little into it (I did beat the dragonrider, the pursuer, the sentinels, the other 3 pursuers from the Bastille, the Flexile Sentry), I feel a little more advanced and I'd like to upgrade my weapon.

    My build is a Knight, lvl 70 (ish) with 23 Str, 20 Dex. I have been saving the big bosses souls, because I've read somewhere, they are valuable to trade for better weapons or armor.

    So far I have been using the Broadsword. Not knowing the game much and playing blindly, I kinda invested into upgrading it (it's 6+ now) and also upgraded the heavy Crossbow to (4+).

    And I feel it's time to go for the next level regarding weapons.

    I want a more damaging weapon and I have no clue on what to buy, what to look or trade for, as an upgrade. I have the fire longsword but I heard is not that awesome? Any suggestions?

    Also, I am interested in using the magic, in terms of ranged weapons. Getting a staff and upgrading to use dark orbs. I am curious if this is doable, if my build is already leaning towards physical combat. What stats should I increase and to what minimum lvl, if this is doable?

    I have the heavy crossbow, but I don't like how slow it is, it takes a little to recharge and shoot again, wich is slowing me down. Is there any good replacement, or should I try to build my stats to be able to use magic?

    Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language. I hope I am not asking for too much, I just feel a little at a crossroad, regarding upgrades and dunno where to go to.

    submitted by /u/VanessaDlx
    [link] [comments]

    First playthrough help?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:54 PM PST

    Anyone wanna help me on my first dark souls 2 playthrough I'm on Playstation 4 and my game is currently installing.

    submitted by /u/AlexDivision2
    [link] [comments]

    Possibly Soft-Banned?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Hello!

    Long story short: I've been using Borderless Gaming to play Dark Souls 2 in borderless window mode, but recently a friend of mine told me that the anti-cheat can pick up on that and soft-ban you (no idea if that's actually true!)

    After some more research, I found out that you can check whether you are soft-banned by the global Death Count displayed in Majula - I am at 430Mil Deaths, could someone who knows they aren't banned check if they have a similar count? (PC, if that matters)

    I am currently trying to level up the Sunbro covenant, yet can't get anyone to summon me, so that's why I am suspicious.

    submitted by /u/CrowleyAstray
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment