• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The truth about dark souls

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:50 AM PST

    Theres been alot of speculation about the real story of dark souls but they have all been wrong. Its actually just a camping simulator where you find cool places to make a campfire and rest.

    submitted by /u/swipth
    [link] [comments]

    THIS METAL POSTER

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:51 PM PST

    After a whole year..... I finally did it

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:06 AM PST

    Grab some popcorn boys. This is my story with dark souls....

    It started with prepare to die edition and ended with the remaster.

    I heard a lot about dark souls by my friends. It's known as one of the the hardest game in the world. I took it up as a challenge and got ready to play the game and finally experience dark souls. I picked up the prepare to die edition because I thought I couldn't run the remaster. Not surprisingly, ptd edition ran like shit but i have a shit ass pc so whatever. I started with no idea of builds and stats and just improvised as I played it. But it wasn't soon that it hit up Reddit and asked help from the pros (if u go to my profile and check my first 2 posts u can find me asking for help 😂)

    So I started playing the game and instantly got addicted to it because it was fun, the atmosphere was/is legendary and most importantly, IT WAS FUCKING HARD FOR ME. No joke I heard that pinwheel was a pussy ass boss but fuck me I DIED TO HIM 11 TIMES....

    Yk what's surprising, I made it to orinstien and smough, and grabbed a black knights great sword on the way. Goddamn I love this boss fight. I didn't know what to do, I had no strat in mind, hell, I died 36 times to them alone, and only after I was able to wield the great sword (by using cheat engine and giving myself infinite souls. Ik I'm a pussy)

    Anyway, I made it the the dukes archives, where my frame rate was dipshit, but I was determined... determined to push on and let my plan to beat dark souls come to fruition.

    But alas, I couldn't. This is where I decided..... that I end my saga......

    And Alas, I gave up.......

    BUT THEN..... A YEAR LATER, I DECIDED TO PLAY THE GAME YET AGAIN. AND THIS TIME, i still had my shitty pc (family pc 😔 what can I do) and at the tender age of 15, I gave it another shot....

    This time I was very determined. I knew what to do, how to do it , what the stats are, what they mean, how to use them efficiently, the mechanics. If there was one thing my first play though taught me, it was that I was lucky as fuck to get the black knight great sword, BECAUSE I DIDNT GET ANYTHING LIKE THAT UNTIL AFTER I BEAT ORINSTIEN AND SMOUGH.

    Long story short, I beat any boss that came in my way, until I made it to orinstien and smough again. This time was different. This time I was prepared. this time I was going to beat them in my first try (and made it a challenge to beat smough first so that I can get orinstiens armour later)

    My heart beat rised, my pupils dilated, adrenaline was flowing through my veins.

    Ladies and gentlemen..... I FUCKING DID IT

    I felt like a god, thought I can do anything. THIS ACHIEVEMENT MADE ME SO FREAKING HAPPY, u have no idea

    Wanna know something even more fun, babyyyyy I grabbed those 4 lord souls on my first try. THATS RIGHT, MY FIRST TIME PLAYING THE GAME AGAIN AFTER 1 YEAR AT AGE 15 ANDI KILLED THE 4 KINGS ON MY FIRST TRY take my word for it. No cheats, no cheering, pure skill

    Then finally I got to Gwyn..

    This fight was special. I turned off everything in my room that made even a particle of noise. I turned off the lights, my 20 inch monitor, my cheap Chinese gaming mouse, a 6 yo keyboard, and shit graphics, and the holy soundtrack.

    That soundtrack made me cry, I didn't want to kill gwyn. But I had to, I needed to. That was why I started my journey. This is where I end it

    Parry parry parry parry parry parry parry. After 4 tries.... Gwyn fell. I walked my way to the bonfire, knowing all is about to come to an end. And It did

    I beat dark souls 1

    submitted by /u/Rayyan41
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else think there's something immensely satisfying about beating the bell gargoyles with the Gargoyle Tail Axe?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:15 AM PST

    It's just like you're spanking their asses with one of their own tails :D

    submitted by /u/StupsieJS
    [link] [comments]

    I did it ! I finally beaten my first DS game!

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:30 AM PST

    I couldn't get away from the game for the past week(started fresh and blind). I have made a few characters (all have had at least 8+hrs) and after many sleepless nights I finally beaten the game!

    My winning game took me 22hrs and 27min. I had to youtube and google a few things (FUCK tomb of giants. My least favourite area of the game).

    Would love to give a shout out to my bois ornstein and smough for giving me the HARDEST time of my life.

    I finally my very first dark souls game.

    submitted by /u/ACelzX
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn is an idiot!

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:56 AM PST

    Why didn't he just make his campfire outside where it could get more air? Then he wouldn't be sad about it going out.

    submitted by /u/MyOwnNotes
    [link] [comments]

    I beat dark souls 1

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 01:04 PM PST

    I'm very happy I beat all bosses in dark souls 1 😀

    submitted by /u/josh123457789
    [link] [comments]

    just beat ornstein & smough for the first time

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:19 PM PST

    holy shit that was hard. took me about two weeks, several hours a day. so glad it's over but it was a fantastic fight. what did you think about this boss?

    submitted by /u/_ianj-exe
    [link] [comments]

    Man, frick Gwyn

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:14 AM PST

    Gwyn is a prick. Frick 'em.

    Without Gwyn I wouldn't have to kill Sif.

    Sif is a good pupper just trying to protect Master's grave.

    Seriously, frick Gwyn. In fact, he's not just a prick, he's an entire field of cactus.

    It's Gwyn's fault I have to kill one of the goodest of good puppies and get all sad and teary-eyed every time I play this game.

    Sif is a good puppy and deserves to be happy.

    Frick Gwyn.

    submitted by /u/DivineCrusader1097
    [link] [comments]

    I Defeated the Capra Demon!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:21 PM PST

    I struggled against the Bell Gargoyles, and felled them on my twelfth attempt. After this feat, I ended up trying to go into the catacombs. This was a bad idea, and inspired me to explore elsewhere. Ultimately, this led me to the Capra Demon. What follows is a log of my attempts against the foe...

    Attempt 1: I promptly die without a chance to process anything that happened.

    Attempt 2: I immediately roll, and get a moment to take on my surroundings. I hit the boss once, and manage to kill a dog. I then run to the stairs and get slaughtered.

    Attempt 3: I promptly die, again.

    Attempt 4: I try my rolling tactic again, and run to the stairs. Once at the top I fall off. The dogs land in front of me and I take a blind swing, killing them both. The Capra Demon then lands in front of me and I panic swing at him. He nearly kills me and I retreat back to the stairs. I jump off again, and when he lands this time I'm ready. I swing continuously and get him down to about 10% health, then get nearly killed in return. I run away, down a flask and recklessly attack some more. He dies, and I'm in shock. I scream with delight, confusing my wife and decide to call it a night.

    submitted by /u/disview912
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Knight Artorias without the helmet, some final details are missing though.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:17 PM PST

    I beat the Capra Demon second try

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:11 AM PST

    This would have been about three weeks ago. I was just going through the area, being careful (as this is my first play through of the game). I saw the white fog door and figured it would either be a boss, or a bonfire or something. I assumed that it would not be a boss. Naturally I died very quickly the first time, as the small space and dogs made me very trapped.

    The second time around I was more prepared, but not enough to actually make any real strategy besides "kill dogs first". I two-handed my longsword and then won fairly quickly. I have no clue what happened. At the time I figured it must have not been a hard boss, completely unknowing of how hard it is supposed to be.

    This isn't a brag or anything, just me confessing that I haven't had the normal experience for that fight. I got stuck in Blighttown from after that day to only a couple days ago, so it's safe to say I'm not amazing at the game or anything. Now I'm in Anor Londo and getting destroyed by the two bow guys

    Edit: Thought I should mention that I'm loving this game. Already bought 2 in anticipation and am saving up for 3

    submitted by /u/Jmanuiop
    [link] [comments]

    My view on Seigmeyer was really negative.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 12:37 PM PST

    Completed my first playthrough yesterday, and have been reading/watching lore stuff.

    Turns out I completely missed The Great Hollow and Ash Lake areas, so I didn't get to experience the full story of Seigmeyer first hand. It is really fascinating that- how far I was in my interpretation, and still possibly correct from my pre-lore diving point of view.

    I saw him as an allegory for people who accept defeat at first sign of hardship, and just sit around moaning, until someone else comes and solves their problem. He is too scared to take on the challenge because the challenge seems hard enough to force him into stagnation.

    It's a lesson to us that we could either be like Seigmeyer- give up at every turn; or we could be like our character- go in guns blazing, lose many times and learn: till we succeed. When he sits still, we fail and fail, lest we solve our problems.

    submitted by /u/PrasunJW
    [link] [comments]

    ninja guide

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:32 PM PST

    -unlock undead parish elevator

    -kill stray demon

    -use 20k for crest of artorias

    -join forest bandits

    -kick ninja off cliff and get flip ring

    -homeward bone out of forest

    -request absolution from the guy in bell tower

    -get shadow set/iaito/uchigatana/washing pole in blighttown

    submitted by /u/SedanadeS
    [link] [comments]

    Pick a name

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:14 AM PST

    Making a new character with the goal of becoming a dark wraith and invading. Plan is to follow people around disguised as a bush or pot or whatever, and when they break the disguise I'll be there only wearing a symbol of avarice. Should I name the Char mimic or just a regular pot?

    submitted by /u/ZiggieTheKitty
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with cheater invaders

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:48 PM PST

    Hey all,

    I'm a big fan of Dark Souls and was replaying Dark Souls remastered today when I encountered something that really ruined my game experience. I was in Anor Londo and was getting some treasure in the castle when I got invaded. Somehow the invader was able to kill Ornstein and Smough AND start the Lordvessel cutscene AND kill Gwynevere while I was still trying to get Havel's set. It locked me out of a lot of content, including my boy Siegmeyer's quest line, and deprived me of actually fighting the boss.

    Is there anything I can do for this? Whether that is reporting this person for cheating or recovering an old save file? I think I'm just done replaying the game if THIS is the kind of thing that I can randomly stuck with.

    submitted by /u/DadLover
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Ornstein and smough got overlooked in many people's rankings based on difficulty?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:48 PM PST

    O and S were without a doubt the hardest boss I have ever had to play solo. Took me hours of tries. The dlc bosses tho which were said to be harder were very easy for my playstyle. I know it is very subjective and dependent on play style, but why do many not consider O and S that challenging of a fight?

    submitted by /u/Fancy-Butterscotch25
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 1

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:29 AM PST

    I got a heavy weapon but I have to take off clothes to wield it while still be able to roll what do I upgrade?

    submitted by /u/Drag77776
    [link] [comments]

    A few thoughts after getting platinum

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:51 PM PST

    1. Sorcerer is super overpowered. Even when I hit ng4, I was still wrecking bosses (don't ask why I had to go to ng4)

    2. Solaire is a badass. He made a great tank while I threw crystal soul spears like a madman, and not once did he go below half health.

    3. I was able to get every single weapon upgrade on the first playthrough other than fire upgrade. And that's only because I used my red titanite slab on the chaos upgrade. The farming wasn't horrible at all

    4. If you have 10 humanity, you can get the souvenirs of reprisals, along with the eye of deaths pretty quickly. The only thing I had to wait for ng+1 for was the sunlight medals and I only did that because I wanted to use the soul of gwyn for the miracle.

    5. Overall the farming on this game was way less than dark souls 2. Dark souls 2 farming was a nightmare.

    6. After ng, the souls of you wear the silver serpent ring just seem to fly in like nobodies business. It was super easy to get levels after ng.

    7. Once you get most of what you need, you can absolutely fly through this game. I was able to get to anor londo for the last sif weapon in an hour after defeating gwyn, and I am nowhere near a speed runner.

    Edit: on to dark souls 3!!!

    submitted by /u/02grimreaper
    [link] [comments]

    Finally BEAT the game!!!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:52 AM PST

    So proud of myself after about a year with long breaks I finished Dark Souls! Beat Kalameet on first try which I didn't think was possible based on others experience. I did struggle with Manus who obliterated me at first. Took a few days off and came back and beat him on the first new attempt. And Gwyn...lol. Great Game!!!

    submitted by /u/cidalkimos
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered any% in 1 hr 9 sec (no wrong warp)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:19 PM PST

    Its not a world record or anything crazy, but it's my personal best time with this amazing game and I wanted to share!

    1hr 9sec DSR no WW

    submitted by /u/hueyfreeman2020
    [link] [comments]

    (Chuckles) I’m in danger

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:26 AM PST

    First time playing souls and just arrived to blighttown. Where can I find a nearby bonfire so I can die faster -_-

    submitted by /u/LaSuperLarva
    [link] [comments]

    What is the usual level to finish your first playthrough?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:22 AM PST

    I finished the game last night and was Level 65, by the end of it i upgraded the Black knight halberd to +5 but didnt have the stats to use it, is that a low level or normal level and the halberd is for NG+

    submitted by /u/ACFF55
    [link] [comments]

    [DSR/PS4] I just figured out how to dupe souls.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:16 AM PST

    That is all.

    ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR.

    submitted by /u/DarthTexasRN
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment