• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just killed blue smelter demon for first time

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Man he's tough , used all my estus and upgraded my dragon axe to raw , still shaking with adrenaline. Ran through the enemies before hand to get there . Probably 30-40 tries 😅😬🤞

    submitted by /u/soulofanundeadpoet
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat the Pursuer!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:59 PM PST

    For context, I have never played a dark souls game before, DS2 being my first one. This boss probably took me around 30 tries. Thank God for the rapier, and for 5 year old reddit threads.

    submitted by /u/Byzantine1350
    [link] [comments]

    Proudest moment of my life

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:59 AM PST

    So I buy DS2 as it's the last souls game I haven't played yet (exlcuding Demon's Souls and Sekiro)

    I play the game and eventually reach the part where I'm about to fight the Pursuer

    Knowing where and when the fight with him will start, I "prepare" myself

    I knew then that you can insta-kill him with a parry and an arrow cannon

    So I enter his fog gate for the very first time and the first thing the Pursuer does is aggresively float towards me very fast

    I know what I must do and try to parry him ir get hurt trying

    Guess what happened, I DO IT FIRST TRY

    Amazed by the first try but still focused on what I still have to do, I immediately run over to the arrow cannon

    And with no time to waste, I fire the cannon and the Pursuer dies in just 2 big shots

    TL;DR - I beat the Pursuer for the very first time ever in just about 10 seconds by successfully parrying and shooting him with the cannon

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    The Dark Souls 2 Discord Server

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:12 PM PST

    Hey everyone. My name's Kai, I run "Dark Souls 2" an active and outstanding community with over 1,000 members and counting. For 2 years we went under the alias "The Bonfire" but have decided to rebrand to focus on Dark Souls 2. If you're interested feel free to check us out!

    Join here!

    submitted by /u/UhJoker
    [link] [comments]

    I need a fun, unique build to use. Have any ideas?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:42 PM PST

    Dont tell me to do the ashen knight build btw I did that already.

    submitted by /u/GiveMeUpvotesRightNo
    [link] [comments]

    What is the fastest way to reach max level right after creating a character?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:53 PM PST

    I have beaten the game many times before but I would like to hop back to beat it again but while being completely maxed.

    submitted by /u/MightyAxel
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed (very badly)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:49 AM PST

    I am stuck at no-man's wharf i've been here and died so many times I think I've been playing for like six hours in this one single spot I beg of you please help me

    submitted by /u/T-45C
    [link] [comments]

    Giant Lord Fast Kill?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:06 PM PST

     \[T]/ 
    submitted by /u/xLastBoyx
    [link] [comments]

    No bonfire run complete - no death run?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:08 AM PST

    Did the no bonfire run last night for the first time - felt great to complete, love these sort of features DS2 has and a shame they weren't continued in 3. Found the run a really nice challenge - not too hard in all honesty (on NG3) but still plenty to think about and takes a bit of planning (but no too much).

    I ran a light hex build with crown of the old iron king for spell regen, NG3. Attuned dark orb x2, Great heal, and warmth. Used a dark fume sword in the main because I like the reach, and power-stanced two ice rapiers for some bosses. Had a bow equipped with 999 arrows but only used it in Shrine of Amana, for everything else dark orb was fine.

    First mistake before I'd even started was forgetting to attune dark weapon, which I use a lot - don't know what happened there. You don't need two heal spells for no bonfire IMHO, although for no death I'd consider it. Also repair spell not needed for no bonfire IMHO, powder is fine but you need to keep an eye on it. Broke my sunset staff in Shrine of Amana and didn't have a replacement.

    Second mistake, and this was lol bad, was that I started trying no death as well (didn't last long), and didn't equip any estus as I wanted to save them. Just used lifegems and healing spells. But I forgot to re-equip so played half of the game (to Drangleic castle) without using any estus, despite dying plenty when it would have re-charged. At least I got some practice with no estus I guess.

    Strategically you don't have to worry about lighting / not lighting bonfires for half the game, as the primal bonfires don't count as a rest, so will send you back to Majula after each of the four Old Soul runs. After that, though, you do need to plan a bit - you're going to Vendrick, Old Dragon, and Giant memory, so you need to ignore some bonfires on the way out, so you can light them on the way back as a respawn point if you die. You could just light none of them, but again if you die you're going to be sent back a long way. Lighting every second one on the way out (ignoring optional paths) would prob see you right. The only real mistake I made was lighting the King's gate one by the final fight too early. Throne def / watcher and Nash took me 5 or 6 goes and I had to run there each time from a bonfire in shaded woods by Rosabeth - major grind.

    Minor point but this particular bonfire (the Rosabeth one) is a really bad choice as it is behind a closed door, so there's a slight chance you could colossally fuck things up by pressing A to open the door when you weren't close enough, and end up sitting down at the bonfire. This sounds silly but an absent-minded mistake like this is by far the biggest threat to your no-bonfire run.

    So I got my illusory ring of the exalted, which looks really cool - not sure if I'll use it much but it's all about the journey here. Naturally my thoughts turn to the no death run, and have to say it looks a level above, far far harder. I could prob do it but it would take a good few goes, even if you cheese the Shrine of Winter. Challenge for me is I like the light hexer build but haven't found another style I'm good with, and my hexer is a bit squishy (no shield, witches or lion mage set mainly).

    Sorry for the novel! Just wanted to share my experience with a great feature of the game, and encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to maybe give it a go. It's a nicely balanced run - not too hard if you know your way around pve, but enough difficulty to feel like a challenge.

    submitted by /u/7NTXX
    [link] [comments]

    I enjoy this game...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:28 PM PST

    but fuck iron kings boss room. That hole didn't need to be there and from knew it the evil bastards

    submitted by /u/DM_ME_PARTIAL_TIT
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:15 PM PST

    Just got the platinum after a week of play. Character playtime says 40 hours.

    submitted by /u/Samfran101
    [link] [comments]

    I have started my DS 2 adventure and I have a question on Rapiers! (and a few other things)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:05 PM PST

    So I am at No Man's Wharf getting ready for that. I am doing a dex build and so far, its great. I am doing dual rapiers, although I am not sure I like this more than just a 2 handed rapier. Whatever.

    1 - So I am just upgrading these things with Titanite. Is that correct? No infusion or whatever here? Also I thought someone said something about I should do Ice rapiers? Idk what any of this means as DS 2 is the only one I haven't played.

    2 - Are the 2 rapiers I buy from the BlackSmith fine for the whole game? Anything better ( for a Dex build of course ) I should be looking for?

    3 - Do bosses just take more damage in DS2? I have noticed I take out huge chunks of bosses HP despite mainly upgrading Adaptability and Stam so far. I think I have 20 total dex at No Man's Wharf which I think I started with 16.

    4 - The one thing I HATE about the rapiers is.. they suck at crowd control. What dex weapon should I get for large groups of mobs?

    submitted by /u/Azy1e
    [link] [comments]

    About farming Falconers

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:01 PM PST

    Should I join CoC or respawn them with an ascetic?

    How many hours can this take?

    Which is best: left path of Ruined Fork Road or Tseldora camp? (Tseldora has more Falconers, but RFR is quicker and has less enemies, but... is it worth it?)

    submitted by /u/xx_agrandemamada_xx
    [link] [comments]

    Item to increase timer for summons?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:48 PM PST

    Title. Me and my bud are playing through the game together and there's this weird mechanic that limits the amount of time you can be in someone's world as a shade that's not in any other souls game that I'm aware of, is there an item to help this? We'll be exploring an area together and just get randomly sent back to our world

    submitted by /u/ImNotCreative69Bruh
    [link] [comments]

    Sconces?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 08:10 AM PST

    Are some of the sconces in aldia's keep outside?

    submitted by /u/05JASK08
    [link] [comments]

    blue smelter demon difficulty

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:02 PM PST

    i dont get why people say hes so hard. people keep saying "his attacks speeds are different from the og smelter" but seriously, my plan was to run in and dodge when he attacks... and yeah that worked fine. the run up to him is a nightmare but when you make it, all you need to do is dodge when his attack is about to hit you. not when the attack starts, and if you just do that then yeah hes pretty easy

    submitted by /u/LucarioAcee
    [link] [comments]

    What's your current build?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:59 AM PST

    I just finished the game with heavy strength build and now I created a new character who's gonna be a Hexer.

    Starting class: Explorer

    Aiming for 40/40 int&faith.

    43 attunement for 2 forbidden sun casts.

    Currently have 20/20 vig & endurance with 10 strength and 12 dexterity. Shortbow and iron arrows.

    No spells and attunement yet but Dark orbs, dark weapon and great fireballs will be my main spells.

    I'm tired of using the rapier so I'll stick to fire longsword and magic mace(once I've found it). Or even the blacksmith hammer.

    Do share your current play builds.

    submitted by /u/Suddenslow
    [link] [comments]

    The most important item...

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:52 PM PST

    Just Finished my second playthrough and can Not Image how much of a pain in the ass this game would be without using bow and arrow

    submitted by /u/quip-kun
    [link] [comments]

    My personal experience with the burnt ivory king

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:09 PM PST

    Can someone join me and drop Cales helmet ? PS4

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:26 PM PST

    He bugged out and is no where to be found, can't figure out why but I need to do navlan quest line. My sound memory is 2.49M

    submitted by /u/Medical_Pie3416
    [link] [comments]

    I did it, I beat dark souls 2.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:25 PM PST

    I posted here two weeks ago at the start of my dark souls 2 journey and I've just completed the game.

    I sat there in an daze staring into space in awe as the music for the end credits played in the background feeling overwhelmed with happiness and fulfillment.

    I can't believe I made it to the end! It was a bumpy ride and by that I mean there were times I was ready to never play the game again but it kept calling me back. I found myself playing over 10 hours a day almost everyday.

    I came into this game with a bitter taste in my mouth after completing the first dark souls wanting to just rush through it so I can move on to ds3 but I found myself falling in love with this game from the music to even enjoying the ambushes. it really kept me on edge, at times I found myself scared to walk into a room or climb down a ladder and that's when I realised how great this game is.

    It's a technical masterpiece in Ds1 I never used my arrows I never planned my battles I just ran straight in and winged it this game really brought out the strategist in me I was scoping out places luring enemies with arrows figuring out how to line enemies up for the perfect chain attacks it was great.

    There were a lot of bosses and a lot of deaths but I think I got all of them. My favourite non dlc boss was vendrick just for the atmosphere of the battle my top dlc boss has to be a tie between the burnt ivory King (because that battle was some straight up fantasy epic shit how you and the other knights fall in and smash soldiers until the eye of fuckin sauron appears and out comes this badass warrior) and Sir alonne (this fight, wow just wow I nearly made a whole post dedicated to him he got me like 20 times before I finally bested him, the fight really reminded me of bloodborne and I love that game)

    There was rage, there was frustration, there was happiness and joy it was the perfect game I feel a little sad now that it's all over I'm literally sat in majula listening to the music typing this.

    Thanks to everyone that helped me on this journey I know I didn't reply to most of you but I was reading and taking it all in in couldn't have done this without you all I am truly grateful.

    Dark souls 2 I'm glad I didn't skip you it's been great.

    P.s. if you're just starting out don't do what I did and join the covenant of champions I didn't check up what it did until I was near the end it made the game really hard lol.

    Edit: sorry for the long post I just had to tell someone but its 5:30am

    submitted by /u/choppamandown
    [link] [comments]

    Is Strike worth it? And does bleed kind of sucks? *PvE focused*

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:01 AM PST

    Before i continue i will have to say that i don't particularly do any research as to avoid potential spoilers, what research i do is after i beat a boss etc when i have questions.

    I was basically playing my first playthrough and i just defeated Vendrick which i then found out you could get a few something somethings to make the fight easier ("something" to avoid spoilers). Thank god for the manikin claw i had imbued with bleed that made this super easy without any souls. If smell was a thing in the game i think i would have lost after face planting into that giant decaying booty for so long.

    So having not played with bleed till that point (about 65 hours into the game) which i only took for the sake of actually doing any damage to that oversized punching bag after seeing the ridiculously low damage i was doing with my weapon (at most 15 damage) , i figured out that bleed only deals 200 damage a proc which is ridiculously bad. On any other enemy i could be doing much more (the exception is Vendrick) with normal hits. I guess for pvp it would be disgusting if more damage was added but for pve it's practically useless(?).

    Then i decided for the sake of figuring out what i liked more to start a new character before i progress any further and focus on a miracle cleric type of play which i've never done in dark souls 1. Starting out, the mace seemed ridiculously overpowered and i couldn't put my finger on it. I went to Heide's Ruin to potentially farm some equipment before progressing further and my unupgraded mace was doing short work of the big knights. It got me questioning the physical damage types. Is strike damage overpowered? The range on this thing is atrocious tho and it seems like some times i am missing strikes that there could be no way i am missing since the enemy is right in front of me. Is a short range and slower-ish weapons the trade off for a better damage type?

    And while we are at it, are there bigger maces or mace looking weapons in the game? During my 65 hours of the game with my previous character i never saw one or at least nothing dropped. I think there is one big weapon that looks like a mace (i think from trading a boss soul) but it need heavy strength investment. Is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/TheArtOfVEL
    [link] [comments]

    Need people to play with in ds2!

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:35 AM PST

    Hey guys, I'm on steam playin dark souls 2. I've got 40+ hours in this game, still haven't beat it. I feel like I'm close though, as I just got through drangleic castle. I've been having the most difficult time getting through iron keep and drangleic castle. Everywhere else is a cakewalk for me.

    submitted by /u/dasboof3
    [link] [comments]

    A pleasant evening in SotFS

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:03 PM PST

    This is more of a thank you, than anything else but I had a really nice experience today on my way to the Lost Sinner in NG. I'm working on a new build, and it's truly awful because I am attempting to make a viable strength/tank no roll PVE build, which has it's share of struggles doing from scratch.

    I use a +10 Greatsword with a Tower shield and the Draengelic armor set, and I am only sl 72 at the moment, so to even be able to wield / carry this all, I have a pretty heavy 30/30 str/endurance investment already.

    Anyways, my toons name is Tankerson, and I've been dropping my sign everywhere on the way trying to help people out along the way. I am looking through my inventory about to drop my sign when I get invaded by you. Karma.

    First of all, you came up to me and gave me a gift. A +5 Havels Greatshield. Incredible, because I was wanting this for my build. Can't use it just yet, but I am building towards it, so thank you so much.

    Then you proceeded to make a mockery of me in PvP with my ridiculously slow moves. You came back and invaded me again, and I took my armor off and you even helped me clear space for a duel. And proceeded to make an even bigger mockery of me, standing completely still until I made a move and countering it perfectly. I am awful at PvP and this really solidifies how bad this build is, but thank you, random person for making tonight really entertaining for me =)

    submitted by /u/ForeverBronze1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment