• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 2, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I’m shocked this game has an active community

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:41 PM PST

    I love seeing all the ghosts of players running around and summon signs. I'm going for plat rn

    submitted by /u/Samfran101
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game for the first time ever!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:43 PM PST

    I decided to not take the throne of want on this run. I'm just happy that after probably five or so years, I finally pushed through the difficulty and beat it.

    I want to platinum the game, but will I even be able to in NG+? Assuming this is after I beat all of the DLC's too? I still need all of the "collect all" trophies, but I'm more afraid of the "max out a covenant" one. Is there an "easy" way to do it? Like the champions covenant?

    submitted by /u/Cassius_Merek
    [link] [comments]

    What's the feel of Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:20 AM PST

    Hey all,

    So I've become a big From fan, within the last couple of years I think. Just recently finished Demon's Souls (remake though) and Dark Souls 1. Also finished Dark Souls 3 a couple of times (I really love that personally). Nearly finished Bloodborne.

    So the last one is Dark Souls 2....I heard that it was a different director from Miyazaki, not sure if most of the team is different. I wondered if Dark Souls 2 has a much different feel to the other games? Coming from enjoying those games, do you think I could get used to 2's style, or is it not that much different?

    Edit: Also the feel in terms of lore, story, environments etc.

    submitted by /u/DarkWitcherReturns
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Alonne Weird Thrust

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:26 AM PST

    I dodge and the blade goes through space and time to teleport me to the blade. How do you do dodge the attack?

    submitted by /u/Kaky0inDonuts
    [link] [comments]

    If I did a blind DS2 playthrough would anyone here watch it?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:03 PM PST

    I'm interested in streaming some of my own gameplay and figured it'd be good to play something this game since this one is considered as the "hardest" Dark Souls. If I started making gameplay clips, would anybody here watch them? Would it be worth the trouble? Love to hear some feedback before I get started.

    submitted by /u/youngswankgod
    [link] [comments]

    Needing to get soft banned.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:48 PM PST

    Okay so we have a friend who just got SOTFS on pc and we are trying to play together. Issue is we are all soft banned. So he tried everything to get soft banned (level editing, soul memory editing, using modded weapons in PvP ect) its been months and From seems to have abandoned the game. Is there anyway to edit the game files to soft ban yourself? Or use cheat engine possibly. Any help is appreciated thanks!

    submitted by /u/XM0thx
    [link] [comments]

    seeing all the posts here makes me want to play again, need build suggestions :D

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:25 AM PST

    So i'm subbed to all souls sub reddits but today I saw a ton of posts from here and I have the itch to fire up two again. So looking for build ideas. Last ones I did were 2h greatsword, dex rapier (op loved it) and power stance maces. What should I run this time?

    i seem to re call you could dual wield crap claws and cosplay as zoidberg. what build would facilitate that?

    submitted by /u/demonardvark
    [link] [comments]

    I just fought someone in the arena who had a red " (B) " symbol in his name. Do I have to worry?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 11:53 AM PST

    I just fought someone in the Brotherhood of Blood arena who had the red " (B) " symbol (white B in a red cycle) in his name.

    Do I have to worry about my game/character corrupting?

    How did he manage to get a symbol into his name?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Sunken City DLC

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:15 PM PST

    I just wanted to shout out the bearer of the curse Ciao for helping me, Lain, play through this portion. Ciao led me around and we easily conquered the Sunken City. Died a few times through our time there and also 1v1 an invader (which we both lost lol). It took 3 times to kill Elana and 1 try to kill Sinh. 11/10 would do again with the homie!

    Thanks for my first ever Co-Op in DS2 Ciao. :)

    submitted by /u/UnderseaGreenMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Elana after my controller died

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:21 PM PST

    So this was my third try at Elana and my controller died so I was forced to use my keyboard. I was locked on while on the controller and didn't know the lock on button for keyboard because I didn't see the keyboard controls. I used 1 or 2 divine blessing and some estus and then managed to beat her. I have no idea how the actual fuck I managed that but it was a great achievement.

    submitted by /u/bananaface301
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of a good 100% DS2 let’s play?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:01 PM PST

    I'm trying to find a let's play to watch along with as I go through the game for the first time (I have hundreds of hours in DS1 and DS3 but never dipped my toes in DS2).

    I was watching Fightin Cowboy for a minute but I'm not a fan of how he summons NPCs for boss battles.

    Anyone have recommendations? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MemeDreamsSteelBeams
    [link] [comments]

    Hey ho

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:53 PM PST

    Just a friendly reminder to whoever designed shrine of amana, please go stick a splintery pole straight up your ass

    submitted by /u/Yeetman2377
    [link] [comments]

    Does DS2 have NAT type issues?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 09:01 AM PST

    SOTF is hella cheap on the PSN store atm, but unfortunately I have a garbage nat type and for some reason the souls games get absolutely screwed over if you have bad nat, but it Varys, for instance in ds3 I can connect to some people but not all, and in DS remastered I literally can't even see signs, my online genuinely doesn't even work on that game. How is DS2 affected by it?

    submitted by /u/ImNotCreative69Bruh
    [link] [comments]

    Overshadowing the actual bullshit

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 03:22 AM PST

    Why's everybody talking about shrine of amana but no one talks about the iron keep? That shit takes ages to finish and has the shitty smelter demon in it meanwhile amana gives us demon of song which is ez af. I find it really annoying to having to kill so many enemies 1 by one 1 in such a vaste area. Amana it's short and can skip the 1st part unlike the iron keep where if you try to open a door 10 arrows hit you and it's really long

    submitted by /u/NotAnEducatedPerson
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t use the bonfire in Majula or talk to the emerald herald. How do I fix this?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:01 PM PST

    Is it a bug?

    submitted by /u/silver-prime
    [link] [comments]

    I love the game, love the DLCs, but...

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:52 AM PST

    The DLC areas are getting really annoying really quickly. There are lots of artificial difficulties here, like the soldiers you can't hit until you find a way to turn them back to normal, you have to snipe hidden switches while running away from them. Then going through the area containing water, you can't run but there are those huge dinosaurs with large hitboxes, huge HP and all i can do is to safely snipe them from a long distance. Then in iron passage there is the elevated ground with the spellcaster, if you don't have a bow you are screwed. There are the grave robbers, if you can't bring your friends you are screwed. Is it me to find these areas and bosses a bit too much after a while? I love the base game, but the DLC areas are a bit too tough for me (not in a good way).

    What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/ffekete
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner to this game, how should I build for strength (PvE)?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 05:35 AM PST

    Like is poise as worth it in this game as it was in DS1, worth getting vitality to 30?

    Should I hold off on leveling vigor/endurance till later?

    Can I stop my strength level at 20 and just two-hand, or is 40 strength always worth it?

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    Holes in Dark Souls 2

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 11:30 AM PST

    Does anyone know what the idea of holes play in this game?

    The dolls in Ornifex's room have holes in them, at least the ones at the back. The imcomplete dolls without arms or legs have holes in the chests, while the finished dolls have the holes filled in.

    The dragon found in Duke's Dear Freja's boss room has holes in it's wing "hand" but also another on it's other wing. Along with this, if you go back in time into it's memory, you see it's original body has a whole in the wing hand too. The strange thing is that the Ancient Dragon we find alive later in the game doesn't have these holes in it's wings...

    Finally, the Giants all have these holes in them... as do the golems we find in the final boss room.

    Does anyone have any idea what these could mean?

    submitted by /u/JJShurte
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to remove Soul Memory for Co-op?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:36 AM PST

    I am far away from my friend. And he is a newbie. Also he has some health issues so he cannot get better at the game. That's when I come to help my friend. But I don't want to play everything from scratch. Is there any way I can help him on his journey with my existing character? Any help is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/guythatalwayssleeps
    [link] [comments]

    Where to buy poison arrows

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:27 PM PST

    Playing with a friend, normal summoning works fine, but Small White Soapstone won't propagate to him?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:11 AM PST

    Edit: Think it was because we'd just beaten a boss both times we'd tried so the automatic burned effigy effect was on!

    Hey there! I've been dragging a friend through DS2, we're keeping our soul memory in check, using the Name-Engraved Ring, and to my surprise it's worked super smoothly--but sometimes we want to go back and find something in an area we've cleared. It's my understanding the Small White Soapstone Sign is supposed to show up for a host even in an area where the boss is dead? We haven't been able to get my buddy to see mine--we do just like what we do normally, throw on our rings, I toss down my sign next to a bonfire, and then--nothin, it never shows up.

    Is there something additional about the small white soapstone that's unusual? Maybe they don't become visible in proximity to bonfires? Our soul memories are extremely close, and anyway, like I say, normal summoning's working great, and the small sign should only be easier range-wise.

    submitted by /u/sighreddit1
    [link] [comments]

    Just found out about the Phoenix Parma

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Just wanted to share, I've had this game for years and had no idea this shield existed. It came up during the loading screen and I didn't recognise the name and lo and behold, turns out I've never found it before. Speaking of, it's definitely the first time this shield has come up in the loading screen for me, else I would have searched for it before, which I find a bit strange. Mainly I'm just surprised how there is still things for me to uncover in this game.

    Anyone else have instance's like this? I'm curious now if I've missed out on anything else interesting

    submitted by /u/SunnyVilla_
    [link] [comments]

    Lud and Zullen tips

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:07 AM PST

    After 15 or so tries on this boss (and hours spent getting there), I now come to you for help. How do you defeat this boss the easiest? I've tried with two summons, with one summon and alone. I've tried using UGS, and a fast weapon but I can't seem to kill off one cat quick enough.

    The biggest problems I have are

    1. Their erratic and sudden attacks

    2. The randomness of their agro, out of nowhere one of them charges me from the other side of the arena when an NPC summon is much closer

    I'm running a dex focused quality build:

    30 vig

    30 end

    25 Str

    37 dex

    32 adaptability

    I've run out of charcoal resins and I'll soon be out of human effigies. Help.

    submitted by /u/svettsokkk
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s the hardest

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:53 AM PST

    I can't do a poll because of some stupid rule I don't care about but who is the hardest

    Fume knight Sir alonne Burnt ivory king

    submitted by /u/chickenoken-king
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment