• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 2, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought dark souls: remastered

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 08:20 AM PST

    I've never played a dark souls game....

    ...I'm scared

    submitted by /u/soilmeme
    [link] [comments]

    Kalameet, and the Lost Land of Oolacile

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:48 PM PST

    A painting of my brother's dark souls 3 character. It was a gift to him though he wanted me to post it here.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:07 AM PST

    So I've recently started Dark Souls Remastered but now I have crippling depression.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:00 AM PST

    Why did Solaire need to die??? All I wanted to do was to praise the sun with sun bro. I hate the lost izalith with my entire existence now. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

    submitted by /u/CitricJazz
    [link] [comments]

    First time ever playing a Souls game I got the remaster on switch.. can’t get past the undead burg this game hurts so good lol

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:05 PM PST

    I beat the Taurus demon but only because it fell off the bridge but then I got scorched by a dragon! This game has no mercy! Super addicting tho glad to join the sub!

    submitted by /u/ertssor
    [link] [comments]

    It just blows my mind how active the souls community still is

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:03 AM PST

    I'm not a veteran on reddit and I just love it how active people still are here, compared to the age of the game. I went on subreddits of games that are not even 2-3 years old to discuss them and they were just dead. It just shows how much this game/franchise has to offer. Anyway, I just wanted to share my appreciation to the souls community! Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/I-yam-what-I-yam
    [link] [comments]

    I beat it for the first time

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:56 PM PST

    I finally beat dark souls 1 and I'm so happy I will never forget the experience I just had.

    submitted by /u/FantaJay3221
    [link] [comments]

    New player here. (Started playing Dark souls Remasted for the very first time)

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:59 PM PST

    My first Dark souls game and I am sooo confused and scared. No idea what to do or where I am supposed to go.

    But all I wanted to say is....FUCK THAT "DEAD" DRAGON.

    Bastard gave me a heart attack.

    Any tips for a Very new player ?

    submitted by /u/ACelzX
    [link] [comments]

    Proud Dad Moment

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:41 PM PST

    Been playing DSR for a few months now on XB1 and have finished it once. My 9 year old son asked today if he could try. We usually play Minecraft together and he loves playing Roblox with his sister, I wasn't sure how it would translate but I said yes.

    I let him take the lead entirely, built his character choosing his own name as expected. He was going for a warrior but was mulling over the master key vs black firebombs to start as they both sounded cool. I suggested he check out the thief and he realised he could take both. Was a done deal.

    He has ASD so has a little difficulty with left and right, so I helped him understand the controls. Straight out of the cell, reading all the signs, it was like my first play all over again. Was so hard to keep my mouth shut but I let him find his own way.

    He didn't attack any of the hollows at the start, surprisingly, and reached the first bonfire, then headed through the doors. Asylum Demon. He went in for the attack and died.

    Second time I suggested he try checking his surroundings, perhaps there's an exit? He went right for the big doors, locked! Didn't see the passage at the side at all, but he remembered his "grenades". He was going to fight the Demon. Got smushed.

    I reminded him he can lock on to enemies and advised he try timing his rolls just before the attack hits. He went for it. Hit with two bombs and took its health to half, then got hit. Still alive. Then he dodged an attack and ran behind, two more bombs, hit again but had a sliver of health. Demon was on the same.

    Another dodge! Launched the bomb and KILLED HIM! I explained how to get into his equipment and that he couldn't use the Demon club yet. After trying the big door again, and another reminder to check his surroundings he eventually found the side passage. Got his starter weapons and killed the hollow easily. First fog gate worried him, "this is a boss, isn't it". I explained its not always a boss, but just another sector. "so is this one a boss?". Go through and find out I said. He was nervous, then relieved/excited when he realised it wasn't.

    He met the boulder as we all do and found his way to the hole in the wall after some more exploration. He attacked and killed Oscar, before realising he wasn't hostile. Headed upstairs and killed the three hollows and the warrior with no lock on (super impressed).

    He was a bit lost then so I suggested checking the items in his inventory, perhaps the keys? Realised he had the key for the big door now.

    About 40 mins including character creation and my son is sat at Firelink. He's still upset over killing Oscar but is excited to play more tomorrow.

    My money is on him heading the the graveyard and meeting the skellys. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out from here.

    I completely underestimated him, super proud right now.

    submitted by /u/Clinteriffic
    [link] [comments]

    I have finally done it. I've beaten Dark Souls

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:08 PM PST

    I bought this game a year ago out of curiosity, to play on my Switch. After months of countless deaths, failure, and accomplishments, I have slayed Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.

    I don't know how to feel about this... experience. In the beginning, I felt resentment and hate towards this game, for how seeming impossible it was. Then shame and regret, for attempting to play this game, and being horrendous at it, always dying, always losing souls and humanity. But despite the hell I went through, taking month long breaks, swearing to god I would never touch this game again, I continued to persist onward. As I persisted, I had grown to become fond of this game, starting to appreciate it's inhuman difficulty. After I had slayed Ornstein and Smough... I felt powerful. I felt proud. I felt like I could do this, that I had what it took to beat this game.

    And beat this game I did, my emotions mixed on what I had experienced. I find it ironic how every Undead says to never go Hollow, yet, I feel like I've become Hollow in the end, even when I have accomplished my mission. I have this feeling of emptiness, like I read the most incredible story to be ever written, that just abruptly stopped. That it's left to me to interrupt how the story ends. The atmosphere, the art style, the characters, the music, all so beautiful. I go through hell and back, only to burst in a blaze of glory, to save Lordan and the Undead. I'm questoning if this was worth it, worth the 70 hours of my life, if it was all worth it in the end. I despised this game, for being so fucking hard. But something about it being so hard made the progression feel far greater, like I really was becoming stronger and more powerful. The combat became more fun, even with the occasional moments of bullshit sprinkled around.

    I never realized how beauitful Lordan is, despite it being a rotting land. The interconnected design, the near seemless transitions from area to area, and just the land being this beautiful spectacle of decay. I'm still so conflicted on my feelings about, barely knowing what to say, and what questions to ask. Was this all worth it? That... I am not sure of. And I don't know if I ever will be sure if I truly love this game or not.

    I will say this, I wish I could forget everything about this game, and relive this beautiful and brutal experience all over again, like it was my first. To say video games aren't art, is a crime. Dark Souls, in my eyes, is art.

    (Sorry if this post is poor, I'm still overwhelmed with all these thoughts and emotions, after finally slaying the Lord of Cinder.)

    submitted by /u/Spicy_Ramen11
    [link] [comments]

    I beat dark souls for the first time!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:23 PM PST

    I beat dark souls for the first time after beating Bloodborne the day before and dark souls 3 a week ago. I found dark souls to be more challenging then 3 but less challenging then Bloodborne. I beat most bosses that the community found difficult first time and I was proud of myself. next I'm gonna try ds2 please wish me luck!

    submitted by /u/Cardcast2018
    [link] [comments]

    Capra Demon

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:46 AM PST

    I didnt want to look at a guide or anything for this game but i cannot beat this guy for the life of me, i try to block his attacks but i cant block his two handed strike and I'm not great at dodging attacks, any advice?

    submitted by /u/JacobFuckShish
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Artorias of the Abyss. After 5 Long years.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:37 AM PST

    Even with a summon he was a pain. I didn't have that luxury in the ps3 Version . I didn't even have internet back then. Thank you Frodo Swaggins!! Praise the Sun!! Time to train another 5 years for Manus . By far the hardest boss in the game for me. I've beaten the Vanilla and the Sanctuary Garden but for some reason Artorias always whips my ass. I know I am but a skeleton. I shall keep praising the Sun.

    submitted by /u/ironblood213
    [link] [comments]

    My friend recently started playing Dark Souls Remastered and today he made it to Blighttown...

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 06:18 PM PST

    He's playing for the first time, it's his first experience of any Soulsborne or Souls-like game in general. I've been playing alongside him so I could help coach him through it and help at bosses if necessary. We made it to Blighttown and I think he understands the infamy now...

    submitted by /u/BoreusSimius
    [link] [comments]

    Where's the lore?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:40 AM PST

    I've heard a lot of people talking about the lore of the game being good, and there was a post on here saying something like "unpopular opinion: I don't care too much for the lore" so there seems to be some decent amount of lore in the game. Well I've yet to find any of it. Except for the 5 minute video in the beginning as well as when I looked up how much HP Havel the backstabbable had on a wiki and found out he was a member of some covenant (which obviously isn't even in the game hahah). I am not that far into the game yet though, I rang the first bell, got some weird key from the devil man and his doggies, didn't find where the key is meant to be used (don't tell me), remembered the graveyard I died at 20 times at the beginning of the game and now I am in the catacombs. I have tried to stand close to bookshelves to see if they say "read book" or something but they don't, what am I missing or have I even missed something yet?

    submitted by /u/Lucker_Kid
    [link] [comments]

    Which is Harder, An SL1 Run Or A No Upgrading Your Weapon Run?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:18 AM PST

    Which do you guys think is harder, an SL1 run, or a run where you can level up your stats but you can't upgrade your weapon?

    submitted by /u/Dochan63
    [link] [comments]

    You think summons were part of the reason dark souls was so successful?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 07:35 PM PST

    I know this game is a brilliant game and all but do you ever think the online functionality of summons made the game more successful? How many people do you think would have gone hollow if someone didn't help them kill a boss and summons are great for a first ever playthrough.

    submitted by /u/Stankystonky
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] I dunno what to say

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 08:38 PM PST

    Facing Arty, and it is not going well. I think I counted...43 deaths so far. I can read every single one of his attacks, I can (almost) predict where they will land, I figured out the key is to let him control the speed of the fight so I can heal when he performs a heavy attack....but still....my SL1 ass gets powdered so hard, at one point my body was on the ground, flat, while my "Standing Dust" animation activated. I live this fight, it is engaging, thrilling...changes, every single time, but I legit don't know if I can finish it. I managed to get him down to Abyss Charge 2 (about 1/3 health remaining) with a Lightning Battle Axe +4. I was feeling good about completing this run, but after all these dustings, I think a break may be in order.

    submitted by /u/Kiggzpawn
    [link] [comments]

    I cant beat ds 1 without guides

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:30 AM PST

    Its not that im bad at the game, i have completed both ds3 and sekiro, its just that im fucking terribile with directions, i never know where to go. I somehow get lost in areas where even a 5 year old would know where to go.

    submitted by /u/Potatoes_on_Pizza
    [link] [comments]

    Residual shockwave during giant Smough fight

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:38 AM PST

    Hey all,

    This is my first time ever encountering damage from this. I was just hoping one of y'all would be able to explain what exactly happened lol. This is the clip from the run killer in question.

    Any info would be much appreciated, again, I believe this is my first time ever encountering this across countless runs of this game over the last 8 years!!!

    Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/KyleTheNoble
    [link] [comments]

    Looking tio get that zweihander

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 07:34 PM PST

    started the game. I am right now at andre and without a master key. How can I get green titanite shards when I dont have blightown unlocked?

    submitted by /u/Halo_3_King
    [link] [comments]

    DS1 SL1 all bosses run - made this a few months ago thought i'd share it here

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 05:29 PM PST

    Sif, the great grey wolf

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:15 AM PST

    Any advice on what gear to use in the battle?

    submitted by /u/xdroby
    [link] [comments]

    Help please! Newbie question about leveling for a melee based character

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:02 AM PST

    Hey you guys. Im brand new to the souls series. I just picked up the remastered DS1 and I just got a quick question about leveling of y'all could find the time

    First off, for explanation, im a huge BERSERK fan. So, youtube rabbit holes on BERSERK lore turned into rabbit holes on DS lore and im hooked. Long story short im basing my first character on Guts (I bet that's probably a super newbie trope but please don't hate).

    So basically I wanna play a medium armor, big huge two handed sword melee character. I haven't found a big sword yet so im still using a shield for now. With the kit I have rn my guy is slow. Not fat rolling but medium.

    My question is: If I try to balance vitality - endurance - strength am I gonna be fucked in the long run? Or should I dump huge soul hauls into each stat one at a time?

    Is what I want even achievable or am I just being impatient?

    submitted by /u/ConorthegiantCondor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment