• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 8, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I draw Solaire of Astora!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:30 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/uW2h8FK

    my paper is too thin that u can see my last drawing I posted here lol. Hope u like it :)) PRAISE THE SUN!!

    submitted by /u/ItsmeMark22
    [link] [comments]

    I'm the dude who made Firelink Shrine Lofi and Majula Lofi, as some of you requested, here is Gwyn's theme Lofi!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 05:31 AM PST

    Here's the song

    I really hope you like it :D

    submitted by /u/praisethesun98
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:39 PM PST

    I BEAT DARK SOULS 1 REMASTERED... To be completely honest I have absolutely no idea what the story was about whatsoever but it was a fun ride. Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Dark Souls 1 have been completed now on to the rest. Whooooooooohooooooooooo.

    submitted by /u/poiqwert426
    [link] [comments]

    How many of you summoned NPC/players on your first playthrough?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 05:37 PM PST

    No shame at all. I never call someone a casual or git gud, because that's lame and I'm not a good gamer, either.

    Just curious how often you do it. I always see people claim they played the game offline, or they only used summoning on their 2nd playthrough.

    On my first play through of every souls game, I tried to beat the bosses myself first, but if I got stuck more than an hour, I summoned, either npc or players. Some bosses are just a b*tch to deal with. Nameless King for example. Also Lawrence of Bloodborne. I just don't have much time any more, and it's not worth the hassle for me personally.

    I appreciate all of you and I'm looking forward to see how the discussion goes.

    submitted by /u/Jamesjane5
    [link] [comments]

    Class for my second playthrough?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:37 AM PST

    I finished my first as a warrior using the black knight sword, I haven't been to all areas like the dlc and the picture world.

    Now I want to have a different fighting experience, but it shouldn't be difficult. (I'd like to focus on completing the remaining areas, paying more attention to the world and pvp)

    Can you recommend any class to me?

    submitted by /u/i_dont_like_some
    [link] [comments]

    The Archers of Anor Londo

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 09:35 PM PST

    Okay, I made a post the other day talking about how I was in blighttown, and getting heavily invested in this game, I went from blighttown to Anor Londo over the course of last night to tonight. Now, I'm not too far into Anor Londo, but I'm around where the first two archers are (I have no idea if there are more, but I assume there are) and I potentially just lost 25k souls (frustrating, but they aren't lost yet, and if I do lose them, it is what it is). Another story I guess is I discovered the stray demon, who I was unable to kill, which I will come back to later. I did not expect that fall.

    submitted by /u/CreatorOfTheOneRing
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls made me better

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 09:31 PM PST

    I was always a casual gamer. I usually play games for the story rather than the challenge. After multiple people suggested I try the Dark Souls franchise I finally gave it a shot and I'm so glad I did. The series makes you a better player with any game you pickup. After playing through Dark Souls Remastered I decided to play Ghost of Tsushima and I noticed how well I recognized enemy attack patterns, timing, and parrying. I used to play every game on easy mode just to experience the story and I've found myself playing at higher difficulties since going through the Dark Souls games. I was very apprehensive starting the series with it's relentless reputation but I'm so glad I did because it's made me appreciate other games and it honestly has made me a better player

    submitted by /u/seanerlars
    [link] [comments]

    Request for best screen shots for art reasons

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 09:20 PM PST

    Hello! My SO seriously loves Dark Souls, and I want to make some video game art that can pass for landscapes to those not in the know as a gift. Unfortunately, I've never played Dark Souls, so I don't know enough about the iconic/photogenic areas. Would any of you be willing to share some of your best screenshots for me to use as reference? Any and all context is also appreciated. Thank you! Apologies if not allowed. Will happily delete.

    submitted by /u/EatFrozenPeas
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help in multiplayer

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:47 AM PST

    Okay so Anastacia is kinda dead ;-;. I was wondering if its possible for someone to drop her specific soul in online and I could use it to revive her. Im playing remastered on ps4, so if someone has a spare one in inventory I would be gratefull. I can give something in exchange, although I dont really know what. I can of course just go to four kings from darkroot basin so if no one has any thats ok, its my fault that I used her soul after all (by accident but still). Praise the sun my bros!

    submitted by /u/PlagueGnome
    [link] [comments]

    Oolacile is a nightmare

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Me and my friend were doing some jolly co-operation and we got invaded so many times that both times we did Manus we got 300k each and I got about 16 soft humanities.

    submitted by /u/TheCookieFiles
    [link] [comments]

    I played pvp today and had fun

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 08:08 PM PST

    SL95 at the township, pyrodex neckbeard build, greatscythe and sometimes washing pole. Had alot of wins and losses and only got lagstabbed once or twice. Im suprised i dont see folks using the great scythe more.

    submitted by /u/PalingoMane2
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Dark Souls franchise follow a continuous story?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 05:10 PM PST

    I'm asking because I've never played a ds game before, so I don't know whether it matters or not which one I play first.

    submitted by /u/azimuth_gIares
    [link] [comments]

    What's the point of using a parrying dagger/mail breaker etc. over the buckler?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:18 AM PST

    They both have the same amount of parry frames, they both do a pitiful amount of damage, except the parrying dagger/mail breaker can't block at all. Even in your right hand it doesn't feem like it's very powerful; a good riposte with a mail breaker does the same amount of damage that I could have done with two ligh attacks from a short sword.

    submitted by /u/running_toilet_bowl
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn cosplay build (first of many cosplay builds)

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 11:57 AM PST

    This is the first of many "cosplay" builds I will be making. Request any in the comments. Next is Dragonslayer Ornstein. Only doing Dark Souls 1 characters.

    Gwyn cosplay

    You don't need to pump 50 faith unless you want to use sunlight spear. 30 should be enough.

    EDIT: Whelp, just found out you can't augment it using pine resin.

    submitted by /u/GrandPlat3
    [link] [comments]

    My new vector fanart of Ciaran

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 11:38 AM PST

    First time in all my playthroughs that Patches isn’t in the Catacombs. Why?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 05:27 PM PST

    Does this mean I can't do his quest line? I've never had this happen before it's so weird...they say it's because I entered the Catacombs before Rhea and her crew went in, but every play through I've ever done I've gone in after.

    submitted by /u/jubilantjack57
    [link] [comments]

    Sens Fortress is brutal

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 07:13 AM PST

    I've heard people saying Blighttown is a difficulty spike, but in my opinion it wasn't that bad compared to Sens Fortress. The man serpents destroy me, even though I have a halberd +8, the first set of swing axes isn't bad at all but the second set with the lightning serpent is brutal. Overall it's a really cool area though, I love the ancient, crumbling vibe.

    submitted by /u/RoughTrident
    [link] [comments]

    First time doing a pure Strength build and having trouble. Any tips?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:44 PM PST

    I'm using the Demon Greataxe and good lord it does some damage. However I've usually always leveled DEX instead and am stuck in a Dex mentality. First off, I'm medium rolling because that extra poise is worth it. I'm also using the Balder Shield. I need to change the way I play because usually I just roll around and get quick hits in, but now I have to be extra patient and take some damage. Any general tips for a Dex turned Strength player?

    submitted by /u/jubilantjack57
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the Sun aka Today I've beaten DS1

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 11:05 AM PST

    After only 9 years and multiple platforms later I have finally beaten Dark Souls 1 including the DLC - yes!

    Originally got it for X360 then on PC but never played very far although I liked it - not sure why though.

    Got DS Remastered for PS4 and started it a couple weeks ago.

    It feels so good - finally! Did it solo - except for a few bosses in the beginning which I had already beaten multiple times in my earlier tries.

    submitted by /u/golani79
    [link] [comments]

    Ignoring soft humanity so far

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    First playthrough and I find that I'm hoarding humanity consumables. I've just rung the second bell and so far I haven't had too much trouble, despite never having more than 2 soft humanity (and usually I'm at 0). How crucial is this mechanic? I know about its effects in the abstract but I just don't know whether I'm missing that much. I'm more concerned about always having ample humanity available for kindling (and potentially summoning, though I have yet to do it)

    submitted by /u/dreamshoes
    [link] [comments]

    I have been making a Dark Souls series, this game is killing me slowly.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 02:34 PM PST

    Mods please remove this if not allowed (I won't take it personally!)

    Hi All,

    I have been making a Dark Souls remastered series on YouTube, so thought I'd share it here. I am brand new to the game so every episode I post is highlights from the session I am playing.

    It's mainly me trying to figure out what to do and getting angry at my situation.

    I am currently on episode 9, if you have any suggestions please let me know because as I said I am a noob when it comes to DS.

    This is the latest one here: https://youtu.be/a0CLkVGdUy0

    I try to improve them each week, so I hope that shows for anyone that starts at episode 1.

    submitted by /u/Matticus_100
    [link] [comments]

    am i understanding how to do solaire's quest without the covenant correctly?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 03:39 PM PST

    my understanding is

    step 1: get to Centipede Demon without talking to Solaire, then kill Centipede Demon

    Step 2: go through Lost Izalith and kill the bugs, then talk to Solaire at Anor Londo

    Step 3: return to the bugs and talk to him again, now i can summon him for Gwyn

    is this correct?

    submitted by /u/FirmSprinkles
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment