• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 14, 2021

    Dark Souls Interesting way to cheese Lautrec quest line

    Dark Souls Interesting way to cheese Lautrec quest line


    Interesting way to cheese Lautrec quest line

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    I'm not sure how well known this is, but I recently found this out and felt it could help out a few players who don't care for his quest line.

    The cheese: Should you forget/not want to kill Lautrec prior to him killing the Firelink Firekeeper, there is a ridiculously easy way to kill him during the invasion.

    All that you have to do upon using the black eye orb is to stand still. Then, swap to a bow and poison him a few times using poison arrows (these seem to only affect him, not his phantoms). After doing this, you can either run in to finish him off, or hang back and let the poison finish him off.

    I am aware that this is very cheesy, but I think it may be helpful to those of us who usually kill him in firelink, and forget to do so on a run.

    submitted by /u/masterarcher300
    [link] [comments]

    Today I learned how to handle Quelaag

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    I've been boosting my endurance and my equip load is below the 25%. I also used a Halberd. Tried with firebombs at first, but they seem to have no effect on her (duh). I rolled to the right whenever she tried to hit me herself. I timed it nearly perfectly the whole match be sure she telegraphs her moves; if you roll just as a burst of fire appears on her arm you are nearly guaranteed to dodge whatever strike she has. I say nearly because only once did she hit me. She lights up like the enemies in an Arkham game.

    I'm sure all this sounds basic, but just wanted to share.

    submitted by /u/Babbadooka
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I've finally got good

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 04:04 PM PDT

    I always considered myself an OK player. I'd beaten all the games multiple times but every playthrough there was the odd boss that gave me a bit of trouble and I'd end up summoning someone to help me out.

    After finally getting through Sekiro I decided to try and solo every soulsborne game. I'd already beaten every boss in Bloodborne solo but had never been able to do it with the souls games. Today I completed Dark Souls 3 including the DLC and can proudly say that I have beaten all the games and their DLCs without a single summon. It may not be the greatest achievement in the world but damn I feel good.

    submitted by /u/JobbieDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Ive hit My first wall in dark souls

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    I just finished my first act of the game. I made it through the two bells of awkening pretty easily using the spawn in characters for help. I just finished quuluag with little trouble, but now I have hit my first wall. I have died close to 20 times trying to get from the lower blightown fireplace back to firelink. I just want to hear that music again, wish me luck.

    submitted by /u/Acceptable_Cover2026
    [link] [comments]

    Never got to the DLC, started NG+

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    A few months ago I beat the game without the DLC and realized it too late that it kicks you straight to NG+. regrettably, I have failed in my mission. since then I have beaten sekiro and ds2(with dlc) for the first time, but I know what must be done, so I'm coming back to make things right and I need tips since the game is harder now and I haven't done a NG+ playthrough in my life, I have no idea what to look out for, should I get new weapons and armor? can I stay with what I got? what to level up? -thanks

    submitted by /u/goldenkero
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Lautrec in Anor Londo

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    I can hold him and his spear friendo pretty easily. However, the mage guy's a pain in the ass, and it's really difficult to get rid of him since there are other 2 guys attacking at the same time. I could use some help rn.

    Also, I've got no piromancies. Well, the first one I do, but...

    Edit: I'm asking for TIPS, not for you guys to come and defeat them for me

    submitted by /u/GimmeYourLungsBro
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    Finished my blind playthrough of dark souls! Great game and honestly very refreshingly different after bloodborne and sekiro.

    I actually found it the most difficult of my blind playthroughs as the non-linearity creates sections where you can be totally under leveled.

    I want to do a full spoiler run. I'll use Fextra but let me know if there are any other good walk throughs I should be aware or text/video.

    I've platinumed ssdt and bloodborne, but may just do a couple runs and then move to ds3

    Favourite bosses were artorias, manus, O&S, bell gargoyle, and Taurus demon. I want to try gwyn again w/o parrying as it absolutely melts him (could see him being a fun dodge fest).

    I think coming from BB helped me as I never used my shield against bosses and that allowed me to deal more damage.

    submitted by /u/ottosan66
    [link] [comments]

    Taurus Demon Vanishing?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 01:46 AM PDT

    So I know that DSR is pretty buggy at times, but this rises the cake. I was waiting for my friend to defeat the Taurus Demon so we could co op together (this is his first time in Ds1), and he was having a hard time with it. I wasn't telling him the drop attack chaining tactic as I wanted him to figure out the fight on his own. However, on one of his runs back to the boss arena, the fog wall was gone, and the boss was also gone. He had no souls from that encounter, and since he was streaming, I saw him walk from the bonfire to the arena,so he couldn't have fought it without me knowing. Is this a common glitch?

    submitted by /u/Poofbomb123
    [link] [comments]

    Is Hollow Knight a good "souls-like"???

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    I recently played Dark Souls 1 for the first time, and I fell in love with it. I have heard that Hollow Knight is similar to dark souls when it comes to combat, should I get the game?

    submitted by /u/VanBergher
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the game

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    Played Bloodborne and beat it. Figured it's been awhile so I bought dark souls I don't know what I should be doing each class seems over whelming. Trying to figure out which to pick and what skills I should be leveling as I play .

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Buy8942
    [link] [comments]

    If we would ever get a Dark Souls Remastered Remake, what (feature) would you want to change?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    As stated in the title this is just a little mind game I thought would be fun. So yeah: If you could change something about the original Dark Souls what would it be? Changes to a feature, level design, anything goes.

    submitted by /u/ArdillaDerNusserer
    [link] [comments]

    Is New Game+ supposed to be that easy?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    I've started New Game+ at level 90, currently on my way to Sen's Fortress. No regular enemy is giving me any challenge whatsoever. Is it supposed to be like this? Am I overleveled/over-equipped?

    submitted by /u/iliazeus
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone else make the mistake of going through the graveyard after the asylum?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    I know I did, made it to the first bonfire in the catacombs before realizing it probably was meant for a higher level

    submitted by /u/commitoofercide
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:26 PM PDT

    Was he underwhelming or not? I'm my first play through I two-shotted him you parrying with a black-knight greatsword +5 and a hornet ring with power within

    submitted by /u/Orphan_0bliterator6
    [link] [comments]

    Why Dark Souls is The 'Ikea' of Games

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    Started from the bottom now I'm at 3

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    I bought DS1 Remastered on Switch about 6 months ago (late, I know) and shiiiit. It's probably the best game I've ever played. The map layout, the difficulty, yada yada yada. Anyways, I purchased a PS4 just to play DS3 (also bought DS2, haven't played yet) and I find it.... Different. I haven't made it past the Undead Settlement yet but here concerns: too many bonfires.

    The moment it starts to get challenging and I buckle down for the long fight, there's another checkpoint. I feel as if the game gives you one before it has its laugh... Which DS1 would scoff at. It's funny because I hated the monotonous "do it again" attitude you needed to complete 1... yet that's what a yearn for this go-around.

    Anyways, fuck Dark Souls and it's grip on my happiness

    submitted by /u/smullen0424
    [link] [comments]

    Just found this and it looks awesome

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    Has the Remastered port to Switch had its issues patched?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 09:27 PM PDT

    I'm looking to pick it up used. I remember hearing there were some major issues when it first released in 2017 or so but I haven't heard anything about whether they've been patched out.

    submitted by /u/Zennistrad
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering what kind of build to do and what weapon with it

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 11:16 PM PDT

    Basically I'm about to start a second build, I'm not done with my first play through but I can't play it for a bit, so I'm planning on starting another file. I was thinking a Halberd + Pyro build would be fun. My question is what is the best early game halberd you can get? And what should I look for later in the game? Any tips would be appreciated!

    Edit: oh and another question, what starting class would best suit this?

    submitted by /u/Signedoutofmyaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Was Kalameet responsible for all the shit happening in Oolacile? (read before commenting)

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    I know that Marvelous Chester says you that Oolacile inhabitants were convinced to awake Manus by Kaathe. But (as far as I understood from Calamity ring description) Kalameet brings calamity to the place where he is, so maybe he was the reason why Kaathe appeared in Oolacile? If not, does he have a real role in DLC's story?

    Also, I've completed AotA and killed Kalameet (I felt so good when Gough called me a legend). This idea with story of Legendary Artorias the Abysswalker turning out to be saga about protagonist is just 12/10. Plus, the bosses here are perfectly balanced and will be the most decent ones in game. When you read about the same team of developers working on Bloodborne, you start to notice a lot of similarities.

    submitted by /u/Necrodancer-1540
    [link] [comments]

    Intelligence is broken, right?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    I play a strength build with a bit of faith in there and all of my friends play sorcerers, they stack crystal homing crystal soul mass and dark bead from multiple playthroughs, wearing crowns and rings that boost sorceries. They use Moonlight greatsword and I'm just stuck using the Claymore. I've played the games longer than they have and always helped at bosses, and they think they're better than me now since their sorcery does nearly 2000 damage per shot and I do about 400. There's no way this is balanced right?

    submitted by /u/N313intruder
    [link] [comments]

    First time DS1 player, very lost. Need a little spoiler free help.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    So I just beat the Iron Golem and made it to Anor Londo. Doesn't seem to be a way to proceed any further though. The bright fog is sealed, and the path behind the gargoyle is just a chasm. Is there something I missed?

    Edit: Found the path

    submitted by /u/flakybottom
    [link] [comments]

    So, i just beat Ornstein and Smough second try on my first playthrough

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    So i've been playing dark souls 1 recently, i had started a save file a while back but stopped playing after about 10 hours of game because of a problem in my computer.

    Anyway, recently i came back to it and have been playing it non-stop for a few days now, and yesterday i made it to anor londo (i think that's the name), and met the legendary boys. Ornstein and Smough.

    Now, one of the few things knew about this game was about this boss fight, and i always heard about how hard it was to fight two dudes at once, but in my playthrough i beat them second try. My Zweihander melted through poor little Ornstein, and my shield could block all of Smough's attacks fairly easily. Only attack that was really damaging me a bit was the lightning butt-smash on the second phase.

    So i wanted to ask how this fight was to other people, is this fight really not that hard and some people just hype it up too much, or am i deserving of an epic gamer medal for this one?

    (also sorry for any misspellings or bad grammar, english is my second language)

    submitted by /u/The_ghost026
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment