• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 14, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 I love No-man's Wharf and it's design!

    Dark Souls 2 I love No-man's Wharf and it's design!


    I love No-man's Wharf and it's design!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 04:55 AM PDT

    "It'll be faster if I do them both at the same time" It took 10 attempts over 4 days. I'm a fool.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    inner peace

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    No Death run fail

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    I've just failed yet another no death run attempt, this time in Amana. I got stuck against a little step in the floor, and two clerics badly ganked me.

    This time I really thought it was the one, as I abandoned any style and just went for the easy option: dual rapier, lots of HP, bow.

    So yeah, UGH

    submitted by /u/kilianer
    [link] [comments]

    I think it's safe to assume that Drangleic was Lordran, but Miyazaki retconned that.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    I know, I know, many people came up with that over the years, but I've been searching a lot about this matter, and I think I have some really interesting points to talk about, so bear with me if you can.

    There will be spoilers about the all three games, so don't read it if you're new to DS1, 2 or 3!

    The very first point I wanna make, is that at the beggining of DS2, the Old Firekeeper says: ''A place where souls may mend your ailling minds" and as far as I know, Lordran was THE ONLY PLACE where souls were used as a currency and as a method of delaying the process of Hollowing. Of course there was schools that taught magic, like Vinheim Dragon School, but I think they had very little to work with, so ambitious sorcerors had to travel to Lordran in order to become more powerful, even though the place was full of danger.

    Drangleic, just like Lordran, feels like the very craddle of souls, but for some reason, is so far off in time, that not a single person remembers the Original Lords' names, and aside from Aldia and Vendrick, who studied and experimented on the very essence of the soul, no one really knows what created the world. Licia does mention the First Flame, but the way she talks makes me believe she has no idea about what the First Flame really is.

    If you pay attention, you'll notice Heide had a better understanding about Gwyn, but once again, was completely mistaken about his appearence. If you go to the cathedral, you'll find a statue of a being with the head of a bird, and a sword that resembles the one Gwyn had. It feels like a mix of the Sun God Ra and Gwyn, and that probably tell us that Heide was worshipping a false image of Gwyn, The Lord of Sunlight. Also, the lore says Heide was so ancient that no one knows what happened to the place, aside from the fact that it sunk into the ocean, of course.

    Now I wanna talk about souls in general, and that's a topic I don't see being mentioned very much. Souls are everlasting in the universe of Dark Souls. People use them in several ways, but they (the souls) always find a way of coming back, and that's specially true for the very four original Lord Souls. Even DS3 proves that, as you are granted the Soul of the Lords after beating the Soul of Cinder, and that contains the Souls of Gwyn and everyone that ever linked the First Flame.

    Alright, with that said, I wanna talk about the Old Ones in DS2. I know most people don't believe it, but I think that at some point, all four Old Ones found the Soul of the Lords and became tormented by their power.

    • The Sinner probably went crazy for a sin she didn't even commit: creating the Chaos Flame and the Demons. Shalquoir mentions she tried to ''light'' the First Flame, not link it.
    • The Iron King, much like Gwyn himself, build an empire, but burned to death, and in the end, was consumed by beings that lurked in the depts of the lava.
    • The Duke probably found Seath's Soul, (I know it's a fragment of Gwyn's soul, but I believe it contains the essence of Seath) and similar to the Sinner, went crazy. His love for spiders made him go as far as destroying his city by probably creating an army of spiders, and eventually, his essence took possession of his dear spider, Freja. The Writhing Ruin is probably the essence of Seath, and as Tark says, it will live forever.
    • Last, but not least, I believe The Rotten is nothing but Nito's Soul fused with a bunch of Hollows, and much like Nito, ''he embraces all in his sanctuary''.

    To finish that topic, DS2 established that from time to time, a new host appears and takes possession of a Lord Soul. It happened during Vendrick's era, meaning history repeats itself.

    Lastly, I just wanna mention the obvious facts about Drangleic once being Lordran: Ornifex at some point mentions that the art of creating weapons from Souls was creating long, long ago by a Pale Beast that inhabited that land. And of course, we have the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring, that states it was used long, long ago in a land where Drangleic is now.

    I just wanna say I left some details out of the way, but it seems this whole theory was lost, and Miyazaki decided to restore Lordran's history in DS3, making DS2 nothing but an alternate universe, taking just a few aspects of the game as fanservice and that's it. To be honest, I don't even consider all three games as a whole anymore. I just go either DS1 and 2, or DS1 and 3. They do not connect at all. Anyways, thank you for reading that far.

    submitted by /u/AntigoMonarca
    [link] [comments]

    Hats off to the smart fellow who thought of this Skyrim reference (Wicked Eye Greatshield-Dark Brotherhood)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Estus Flask

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    I already defeated the game once and I’m curious on what I should change or not worry on. I’m using the sword from the mirror knight person

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    A couple beginner's questions about Dark Souls II

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    I used to not like this game but I've picked it up again recently and I'm finding that I actually prefer it to the original so far!

    Really enjoying it.

    However, this one works pretty different and there are just a few questions that I have for the game:

    1. Does it matter where I burn a sublime bone dust? In DS1, I could use humanity to kindle specific bonfires for better estus bonuses, but they would only work on those specific bonfires. If I burn a sublime bone dust in Majula, will my estus flask be boosted in The Gutter?

    2. What's the benefit of using a Bonfire Ascetic? Is it just for people that want a harder game? Is it used for grinding? Do enemies drop more souls when you use it? Do enemies drop new gear?

    3. Is 40 STR and 40 DEX still the ideal path for a strength build? I'm at 35 STR and only 13 DEX. I was thinking after hitting 40 STR that I'd work on VIT for better equipment since I'm pretty low in that department.

    4. Are there any negative side effects for joining any of the covenants? I've just been joining all of them.

    5. I was told you can farm Warmth off of rats in the area at the bottom of the Majula hole. I killed rats for two hours and never got a single drop of Warmth, even after using a rusted coin. Do you need to have a staff equipped or something for magic to drop from rats? Or do I just have really rotten luck?

    I probably have more questions, but those are the ones on top of my mind right now. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Chompobar
    [link] [comments]

    Making a pyromancy build

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    to complete the game a 3rd time, I'm making a pyromancy build and am going to iron keep soon. got any tips/advice on equipment/stuff in general?

    submitted by /u/GroolzerMan
    [link] [comments]

    Did they ?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    Human Effigy - Enemy Despawn

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    I committed a sin, I played DS3 first and now DS2 - SotFS. I am having a rough go since I was spoiled with tighter combat mechanics and less punishing death repercussion in DS3.

    I want to enjoy DS2 but have really hit a frustrating wall. The hollowing health cap mechanic. I've run out of effigies, have the Ring of Binding, also bought the Ring of Life. Im at the Iron Keep with Smelter Demon. 😂

    I'm not looking for an easy way out. I have no problems farming souls to repair my ring. For that is my curse of being a shitty player trying to Git Gud. However, the enemy de spawn kills that idea. I do try PVP for effigies but it is hit and miss with players online as the game isn't as popular or often times I get lag issues.

    I do wish FromSoftware would patch the enemy despawn, just leave the enemies, bonfire ascetic is no help here because the enemy spike is higher.

    I'm open to suggestions, tips, ideas. I'm loving the game. Just trying to work around a difficulty idea that hasn't aged well for newer players to the game.

    Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/Final-Bit6059
    [link] [comments]

    Need Input from Players of both Vanilla and SotFS!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Hi, everyone! A short while ago I asked the community about whether or not I should keep playing FS games given my disappointment with DS2:SotFS. The responses were really helpful, but also got me thinking: just how much of a difference did the changes in SotFS make in affecting my impression of the game?

    To that end, could any users who have played both vanilla and SotFS please share their personal perceptions of and thoughts on the differences between the two games? Also, for my information, could you please mention which other FS games you have played and which version of DS2 you played first? Thank you! Your thoughts are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/PurpleCrestedWaves
    [link] [comments]

    My story ends here... Be safe mighty undead!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    First time playing! What should I expect.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    How do i get in this little entrance on the left ot the image in brume tower?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    Imagine dying to Old Iron King.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 04:33 PM PDT

    I'm doing a replay and would like some tips on a axe build with faith on the side

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    right now im using the bandit axe I have 40 strength rn im gonna have super heavy armor and a giant shield cause thats how my first playthrough went years ago. i plan on starting to level up attunement and faith now. what are the usefull faith spells and do I need any intelligence for faith spells? also what are some of the good faith axes or heavy weapons. I know nothing about faith or axes in dark souls 2 even tho it's my favorite lol.

    submitted by /u/Kidsquids
    [link] [comments]

    Frigid outskirts... Help... Please?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 02:16 PM PDT

    I'm level 174

    I just had a summon plus the NPCs but the player summon died and I don't feeva made it into the boss arena, killed one tiger but the other got me

    Anyone wanna help? Leave a sign next to the NPC summons if you want to

    I'm on NG if that makes a difference and I have Reddit coins here that I will give, or buy awards with them I don't know how it works

    submitted by /u/SpaceBollzz
    [link] [comments]

    Raime’s Set

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    Random question but anybody know how much vitality you would need to not fatroll while wearing Raime's Set and using the fume ultra great sword, I'm also using the third dragon ring and knights ring +2

    submitted by /u/BloodbornePerson_12
    [link] [comments]

    Build ideas

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 12:42 PM PDT

    I just finished the game, still going to farm a little bit for titanite and what have you but I have never went into ng+ before and I'm wanting to reallocate before doing so. I'm running a 50/50 quality build right now. Heavy weapons mostly. What are your favorite/most fun PvE builds??

    submitted by /u/galacta_potamus
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone drop me a stack of red orbs [PC]

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    Hmmmmmm

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment