• Breaking News

    Monday, November 23, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Huge mistake.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 03:31 PM PST

    Okay so I wanted the Cleric's Helm, and I thought I'd just run through the catacombs at low level with fast rolling. I died a bit, but eventually made it to Patches. I accidentally told him I was a cleric, but I didn't yet realize I had messed up the quest-line because I was just mashing through his dialogue to get it over with. So I dashed down to the wheel hell pit, and summoned Leeroy to help with Pinwheel. Pinwheel was taken down pretty easily. I rand through the pitch-black to Patches' next location, and rested at the bonfire while I was there. Yada yada I 'fell' for his trap and came back up, only for him to fucking stab me. "Well shit," I thought, "This whole journey was for nothing. I guess I got the Rite, but I don't really need it yet. Eh, well whatever, I'll just warp ba-"

    Ha! WARP?! I hadn't even met Andre yet! This kind of sucked, but I needed to get out. I didn't know to get out. So, I just guessed I was going the right way, and luckily I was, but I kept fucking dying at the first ladder up because the damn skeleton would kick me off, allowing Patches to stab me in the back. However, I eventually made it up and got past the two big skelebois, into the hot-wheels hell hole. I died, and died, and died, and died, and died by the fucking wheel bones. I was getting pissed-off, but I NEEEDED to get out of there. I finally got up to the necromancers' areas after like 14 deaths, all the way to the entrance of the Catacombs, but a skeleton was in the way of the path and I fucking rolled off the edge. I died a few more times, but after all that time, after every death, I finally fucking escaped and rested at Firelink Shrine. This was a giant waste of time.

    submitted by /u/Maxthemostcoolestguy
    [link] [comments]

    I found a vagrant today!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:45 PM PST

    I feel kinda lucky today

    submitted by /u/Slim_130
    [link] [comments]

    Holy fuck I suck at this game, but I love it

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:44 PM PST

    Been trying to get past the Bell Gargoyle all day, to no avail. I don't care how bad I am though, this game rules so far.

    submitted by /u/hleach4
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t get summoned to help anyone near the gargoyle boss fight.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 02:51 AM PST

    I put my summons sign right outside the door then below the ladder and then right outside the elevator and waited 20 minutes each and still nothing I have defeated the boss in my own world does that affect me getting summoned?

    submitted by /u/crazy12157
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I go after defeating the moonlight butterfly? I feel a bit lost and I’m. kinda just wandering around past areas. Also any tips on how to get more gear and whatnot would be appreciated.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:13 PM PST

    First play through btw

    submitted by /u/youre-welcome-sir
    [link] [comments]

    How to feel about a "hollow victory"

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:17 AM PST

    Hello all. I finally beat the game for the first time today. The thing is, I might have inadvertently cheesed through much of it using a magic build. I managed to shred through about half the bosses I fought before I could fully learn their moveset. I wasn't even aware of how OP it's considered by some until much later, I just like being a magic guy in RPGs in general.

    When the time came to fight the last boss, I guess I got lucky and managed to land several Dark Beads and killed him in around 10 seconds. My brother was watching at the time and just said, "Well that was cheesy," which to be honest kind of further soured the already short moment of victory for me.

    So now I ask, did I really screw myself out of a feeling of genuine achievement by playing a certain way? At the moment I'm kind of too bummed out to start over anew. Maybe I'm overreacting but I just wanted to hear some opinions.

    submitted by /u/kakera8
    [link] [comments]

    My Ranking of DS Locations, Thoughts?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:29 PM PST

    Not including bosses

    Amazing: - Anor Londo - Painted World of Araimis - Undead Parish - Royal Woods - Darkoot Garden - Sens Fortress - Undead Burg

    Fun: - Firelink Shrine - Oolacile Township - Lost Izalith - Depths - The Dukes Archives - Chasm of the Abyss

    Good: -Blightown - Darkroot Basin - Catacombs - Ash Lake - Demon Ruins - Northern Undead Asylum - Kiln of the First Flame

    Kind of just there: - Valley of the Drakes - Oolacile Sanctuary - Queelag's Domain

    WORST THING ON THIS EARTH: - Tomb of the Giants

    STILL WORSE SOME HOW. SATANS CHILD. HUMANITIES WORST MISTAKE. ROOT OF ALL EVIL. WORDS CAN NOT DESCRIBE MY HATRED OF THIS: - The Great Hollow

    Breathes..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA: - New Londo Ruins

    Congrats on watching what was left of my sanity after finishing this game, perish.

    submitted by /u/Western_Telephone773
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat the game! Best videos to get a better understanding of this masterpiece?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 03:46 AM PST

    I'm watching VaatiVidya's video now - any other suggestions for videos/resources that explain DS1? Ideally without DS2/3 spoilers.

    submitted by /u/Farlston
    [link] [comments]

    the end of the journey

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 05:09 AM PST

    after hearing about dark souls for a long time, in 2015 i decided to watch a youtube serie made by the italian youtuber "sabaku no maiku" : l'anima oscura (the dark soul), a walktrough of ds1. remaster wasn't out, so i watched it because i had no way to play the game. then, in 2016 i saw dark souls 3 on the ps store, and i bought it. i got stuck quite a few times, and i relied heavily on online summons, but after a while, i managed to beat the game. then this year, during quarantine, i bought ds2. my ps plus was expired, so i played the game offline, but still summoning phantoms. in both of these games i used a heavy strenght build and always with my shield up. and finally, this summer, a friend bought dark souls remater for the switch, and after he finished it, i borrowed the game. this game really made me realize how i got better. still playing offline, this time no summon, and changing to a more aggressive playstile with fast dex weapons, and trying to go without the shield, and it went great! i even managed to beat O&S alone! in the dlc i started using the shield because things were getting harder, and today i reached lord gwyn! i am also very happy because i think i did very well against a lot of bosses, like kalameet where i only died once. sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language, but i was really excited and i wanted to share my growth with the trilogy. now, it's time to move to sekiro!

    submitted by /u/auillolo
    [link] [comments]

    I Beat Dark Souls for the First Time

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:37 PM PST

    I posted here maybe a month or two ago asking for advice for the Ornstein and Smough fight because I was struggling and I got a lot of helpful tips as well as an offer for someone to help me with the fight. I'm grateful for all of it, so thank you.

    After O&S, the game got a lot easier for me. I defeated the Centipede Demon on my first try, the Bed of Chaos took a lot longer though! I beat the Four Kings in three tries, and Nito and Seath on my first tries. I played through the DLC, beating the Sanctuary Guardian in two attempts, Artorias in a number of attempts I can't even count, Kalameet took one shot, and Manus in three attempts. The DLC was a challenge, but it was fun. I took down Priscilla in one go and finally I had Gwyn.

    Despite being the final boss, I honestly thought Gwyn would be easy for me. Boy was I wrong! I got so pissed trying to fight him at times and eventually I realized what was keeping me from defeating him: I never learned how to parry. I never needed to until his fight, so every time I died, I practiced parrying on Black Knights. It was a culture shock going from parrying Black Knights to Gwyn because he was WAY easier to parry! And I lead the world into an era of darkness.

    Anyway, I'm very grateful to this community for giving me tips and advice and I'm glad that I can finally say that I have beaten Dark Souls. Praise the Sun!

    Edit: I forgot about Kalameet somehow!

    submitted by /u/Kage-Kuroo
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my Zweihander making my screen shake?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:39 AM PST

    I thought it was just my imagination but certain times during my playthrough, when I attack with my Zwei the camera rumbles. No idea why. I don't know if it's specific to the weapon, or to a certain area I'm in. I feel like I'm crazy because it's not happening anymore, but I swear I saw it happening just recently.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    What's going on here?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Made it to Undead Parish as a first-timer, battled my way past the horde of hollows, came back a few minutes later and I see this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCKAlH-hmbM

    I quietly went around...didn't want to interrupt him.

    submitted by /u/buttonius_rex
    [link] [comments]

    Something funny and weird happened today

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:10 PM PST

    short Version: pinwheel died due to my bad internet

    I was fighting Pinwheel and it was going really well, then my internet cut out for a minute. Fyi im playing on Nintendo switch. So internet cut out and i got set back to main menu. And i was a bit annoyed bc i was in the middle of the fight, almost done he was half hp or smth. And then i got back into the character, and then i was just standing in pinwheels arena, no enemy no nothing. I was confused and thought it bugged out. So i went back to the bonfire to go back bc i though i had to reload. But i accidently slipped on the button that lets you upgrade the bonfire and to my surprise, it leveld up, i had 15 flasks now of a sudden. Then i saw that i had 30k souls wich i didnt have before the fight. So that means pinwheel got killed by my lost internet connection

    submitted by /u/NameOofAUser420
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in a way I didn't think possible

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:08 PM PST

    Was down in the Catacombs at the start of my ng+ playthrough. I went the quick way down to get to Vamos's bonfire. After killing the 2 hollows by Rhea and going back out one of the bridges is flipped and I can't get out. I'm without the lordvesel and I can't warp out either. Is there any way at all to get out or am I just screwed?

    EDIT* I FOUND A WAY OUT! If you go to where Tranquil Walk of Peace is you can drop down and make it back to the first bonfire

    submitted by /u/Zorin14
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Ember

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 05:02 AM PST

    I just found the blue ember and i wanted to give it to the blacksmith in undead parish, but he didnt ask for it and it wont let me give it to him. How can i do that?

    submitted by /u/NameOofAUser420
    [link] [comments]

    Random Challenge (dice rolls)

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 04:58 AM PST

    I'm bored so I started a random character. I rolled a ten sided die for all of the character creation options. Everytime I level up I roll an eight sided die. I'm sure somebody has done this but I haven't heard about it so I'm getting it out there. It's fun

    submitted by /u/MuckyOoh
    [link] [comments]

    What Age Were You When You Beat Dark Souls?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 01:28 PM PST

    Hello, I just joined this community. And for my first post, I thought I might ask a question I've been thinking about. I've been playing The Soulsborne series since I was 12 years old and I thought it was a great accomplishment when I beat DS1 a few months before my 13th birthday.

    Now I'm here to ask y'all, what age were you when you beat Dark Souls?

    (Just realised this kinda sounded like a flex. Don't know how to reword it. I'm legitimately curious.)

    submitted by /u/Excalib1rd
    [link] [comments]

    My next Dark Souls game

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:01 PM PST

    So I bought DS3 a few days ago and I have been really enjoying it. Should I buy the two DS games that came before it, like the remastered versions, or should I hold off and look for all of the secrets?

    submitted by /u/Existing_Regret107
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo question

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:52 PM PST

    I noticed when I roamed in Anor Londo when the sunlight was there I would have to rotate that bridge past the enemies on the high beams. Just now realized now that the sunlight is out on my game, I no longer have to go through the enemies on the high beams to rotate the bridge. Why is this? I had lost a lot of souls on those high beams, so I was shocked to see the bridge already rotated.

    submitted by /u/dh0ulmagus
    [link] [comments]

    So bad i locked myself?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Just started playing ds 1 and got to the point where i need something to fight off the ghosts but i waisted all of them anow i got none

    submitted by /u/mypoopsocks
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone on xbox have more humanities than they think they need? I can give you titanite

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:27 PM PST

    I recently ran out of humanities, I can give you some titanite in exchange

    submitted by /u/Giogay
    [link] [comments]

    For a final year University assignment I made a video essay about Dark Souls.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:55 AM PST

    Here's the link - https://youtu.be/K3CmRHKGr2s

    I got a pretty decent mark on it, thought some of you might be interested. Mainly looked at through the lenses of Lacan's Desire and Freud's Death Drive.

    submitted by /u/TheWinterCold
    [link] [comments]

    I finally finished dark souls!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:26 PM PST

    I was introduced to the souls series about a year ago when I played the original Xbox 360 version on my Xbox one and didn't like it. I thought it was way too hard and gave up. About 2 months later I picked up the game again and got past the bell gargoyles. I didn't know what to do next and before I found out I bought dark souls 3. I started playing both of them (dark souls 3 mostly) and got dark souls 3 finished and had gotten to Orstein and smough and after a lot of death I killed them. After that I killed 3 lord soul bosses in one night. I got stuck on the four kings but after an weapon upgrade I beat them. I found out the hard way that I stuck at parrying and beat Gwyn. Dark Souls is the best series I have ever played and I am getting the second game soon

    submitted by /u/naonscarecrow
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment