• Breaking News

    Monday, November 23, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How the hell do you beat Darklurker as Hexer?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:34 AM PST

    it's like it doesn't take any damage at all. everything i got is dark imbued. any idea ?

    Update - i just beat it with full dark def armor + magic barrier + dark trooches. What a great community, thank you

    submitted by /u/kenswifty
    [link] [comments]

    Does killing the Ancient dragon aggro the dragon people?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 06:59 AM PST

    okay it's my first playthrough of ds2 after playing ds remastered and I've reached the dragon shrine. Going through as normal when suddenly aggro out of nowhere! I tried to run back to my souls but when I turned around there was a whole horde chasing me. Trying to progress through again killing the giant dudes, I noticed they stopped going crazy. Now, I'm finally at the Ancient dragon wanting to kill it(I read somewhere that you could fight it as an optional boss) Last thing I need is getting swarmed by a whole bunch of them after the fight and getting stunlocked unable to use the aged feather.

    submitted by /u/hotdogissexybitch
    [link] [comments]

    What are the actual differences between DS2 and SotFS?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Like I know that the latter comes with all dlc included already, but out of curiosity what are the other major differences? Or minor? I mean I have normal ds 2 and I sometimes see messages that say "Illusory wall ahead" where there is no illusory wall (The tower apart at Lost Bastila has one of these for example). So it gets me wondering if those specific illusory walls are something from SotFS that isn't in normal DS2 or if I just suck at finding them

    submitted by /u/fggbggvgygfggh346677
    [link] [comments]

    Fat Roll Challenge

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 09:28 AM PST

    Decided I'm just gonna take my fat roll build through as many cycles as I can physically do, wish me luck.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Can some one help me beat Elena DS2 I been trying for months

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 10:58 AM PST

    I'm a noob

    submitted by /u/grimlordrazer
    [link] [comments]

    Pls can womeone help me on non sotfs shrine of amana

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 10:51 AM PST

    Can someone place a sign at the second bonfire pls

    Edit: title typo

    submitted by /u/YabosBos
    [link] [comments]

    Help With my Dark Souls 2 Build

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:27 PM PST

    Hey so I just finished Dark Souls Remastered for the first time and it was great and now I want to get into Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin but I'm wondering what should my build be, for DSR I used the Baldur Side Sword and for this playthrough I would like something like it but I also want to use the Greatsword since I'm a Berserk fan and it looks just like his Dragon Slayer sword, I heard there was dual wielding in this game so I was thinking maybe using the Greatsword and Estoc but then again I don't know if a shield would be better and if going with a dex build would be better because I could also use my bow and maybe the rapier, anyways basically any help with helping me make my build would be great, thanks

    submitted by /u/dariusss17
    [link] [comments]

    anybody else hat this area? I can’t be the only one

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Is there any pvp hotspot or meta on SOTFS on PC?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 11:26 AM PST

    im going to play this again, for nostalgia. but i lost my characters and ill be manking a new one. steam charts says the player base is quite low. do we have any hotspot/meta for pvp currently?

    submitted by /u/cassioszcampos
    [link] [comments]

    Fighting velstadt

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 06:13 AM PST

    Need help, btw thnks for those who gave some tips on the Black Gulch, really appreciate it

    So, long short story, I have to face the Royal Aegis and damn, even though i summoned 2 shades, I still can't beat him, Any tips?

    submitted by /u/izzuaiman
    [link] [comments]

    So im fighting alonne and he is the...most interesting level of frustration ive ever had with a boss.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 06:08 AM PST

    Because he seems completely doable.

    He like...sneak wins every time. I feel like im handily avoiding all of his attacks and doing pretty decent damage. Feel like i have his moveset down pat...and then he wins. Somehow. He wins while i still feel like im winning. So i just sit stumped at how he won if i was winning.

    No other boss has been like this. I usually feel like im hanging on by the skin of my teeth or that im easily smashing them. Never this...confusion. Its weird.

    By far my favorite boss so far but still. Weird.

    submitted by /u/hafsies
    [link] [comments]

    My controls are all messed up and I can't unbind them (using a ps4 controller)

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:22 PM PST

    So firstly my camera will not stop spinning and square is my select button, and I have no idea what the move button even is to give you some perspective on how bad my controls are fucked. I pressed R2 to go to the menu but there is no option to rebind my controller. I tried launching it in Steam Big Picture but no luck. Please help.

    submitted by /u/DarthMaren
    [link] [comments]

    Blue flame build still viable?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Coming back to the game after years away, playing SotFS for the first time. Wondering if the powerstance Blue Flame swords w/ Crystal magic weapon build I remember doing in the og is still viable for a PVE focused playthrough. Never played the dlc's either but from what I've read it looks like it might be weak once I get there since enemies have high resistances. Thanks :)

    p.s. hmu for co-op on ps4!

    submitted by /u/kidamnesiacomputer
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 Platinum

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:43 PM PST

    Hey all! I've been slowly making my way through the souls games over the past few years, and was wondering if going for the DS2 platinum was still possible (due to online PVP covens) and if the experience is at all enjoyable in your opinion.

    I currently have the platinum for DSR, and BB. I also just have some clean up trophies left for the Sekiro and DS3 platinum (and bonus, Hollow Knight). So I'm used to some amount of grind and NG+++ tomfoolery.

    Mostly want to hear other people's thoughts to determine whether I should strive for the platinum or just enjoy the game and go for the gold.

    TL;DR - I've played every soulsborne game but this one, and wanted feedback on if going for the platinum is worth it or still possible.

    submitted by /u/marsylphenidate
    [link] [comments]

    Old iron king help Xbox one

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:26 AM PST

    Yet again I can't beat this big ugly fool and I desperately need help.

    Gamer tag Roscoe182 SM 1207826

    submitted by /u/Roscoe182
    [link] [comments]

    i want to try a build but dont know where to start

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 10:48 AM PST

    So as the title says i need help with a build, i want to try a pyro dex build,

    the problem is i dont know where to start like the class, what area i go first, things like that a kickstart if you please, can someone share some knowleadge with me?

    submitted by /u/mistermister-sr
    [link] [comments]

    Bizarre invasion

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:11 PM PST

    So ive started playing through SotFS for the first time, after having beaten both 1 and 3, and at lost Bastille I got my first invasion being the strangest one i have ever experienced.

    I person without a weapon wearing butterfly wing ran at me and started to punch me, none of my spells were capable of hitting them, because they could just roll out of the way, so I put away my staff, and we started punching each other, taunting a lot in between. They stop for a second, then run off somewhere dropping a human effigy, after which they pull out a bow and start shooting me, occasionally dropping flasks that say "I'm Sorry." they proceed to shoot me from time to time while I dodge most of them and occasionally punch them, this continues for awhile until i realize that I am not going to win this, and its going to take awhile for my health to be slowly worn down by arrows, so I jump off of a cliff.

    Overall, weird and funny thing that I felt the need to share.

    submitted by /u/Lineo88
    [link] [comments]

    Sunbro in need of help for the Platinum!

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 06:41 AM PST

    Hey! So I'm currently trying to get the platinum for Dark Souls 2 and need to max out my rank with the Sun covenant. Problem is, I can't get summoned ANYWHERE. I'm in NG+ and have a SM of 7.19mil. Anyone know anyway to get summon? Or, anyone able to help me out?

    Thanks heaps!!

    submitted by /u/BrodusBrock
    [link] [comments]

    This is the build I've got at the end of my 1st playthrough. Anything I need to fix if I want to try PvP?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 10:23 AM PST

    https://soulsplanner.com/darksouls2/12269

    I've been switching between Fire Longsword, Lightning Mace+Sunlight Blade, and Dark Rapier+Dark Weapon. Mostly played melee, but occasionally used Dark Orb or Heavy Soul Arrow for range.

    I think my main questions are, do I need more Vigor and do I need more Agility?

    submitted by /u/AlConstanza
    [link] [comments]

    Ok i "accidentally" killed the fire keepers at Thing Betwixt, can i bring them back or something

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 09:24 AM PST

    Do bonfire ascetic do anything to help

    please i need help

    submitted by /u/the_imortal_soul
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Alonne, arguably the best boss in the game...

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:48 AM PST

    ...totally ruined by the walk to his fog gate. I don't understand what they were thinking. Everything about the actual fight is perfect. The music, the move set, the lore, none of his attacks seem unfair or forced difficulty. Every time you die, it's your own fault, and it is in my opinion the best boss in the entire game.

    But of course, the developers had to ruin a masterpiece of a fight by loading the walk to him with armies of enemies. And you can't even run passed them like other areas. The fire lizard blocks your drop down to the next area, the Alonne knights are super fast and there's one with an electric blade blocking that little drop, so if the Alonne knights don't kill you or the electric Alonne knight doesn't, the fire lizard certainly will with a high damage staggering fire attack. And the next area has an army of Alonne knights and ANOTHER lizard whose attacks will certainly clip through the floor and hit you.

    It's just so frustrating. I beat Fume Knight second try, but Sir Alonne is a fight that I find very difficult and I know it will take me several tries. Because of the walk to him, I'm not able to immerse myself in the fight, but just dreading the possibility that I will have to walk through all over again. It completely ruins the experience.

    Rant over.

    submitted by /u/jubilantjack57
    [link] [comments]

    What outfit and weapons usually indicate the person is on their first playthrough?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 04:47 AM PST

    I'm curious what is the typical new player look, gear, and behavior in this game?


    I'm currently finishing my first playthrough, and I played the early game wearing the Falconer chest piece with various gloves and boots and no helmet -- because I spent too much time in the character creator trying to make a good-looking face.

    When I reached the poisonous area, I spent a lot of time farming the desert pyromancer set. But when I finally got it, I was disappointed - when my character puts it on, she does not look like the NPC desert pyromancers...

    When the Faraam set became available, I switched to it -- still with no helm. After going through the DLC, I was finally able to have a beautiful headpiece that doesn't cover my character's face. At first I put on the Ivory crown, later switched to the Sunken crown because it's greenish tone goes better with the Faraam set.

    Throughout the game, I've been using the Blossom shield because I think it suits the maiden warrior type of character that I have. At first I switched between the fire longsword and a mace, and used a Black Witch Staff for casting stuff. Recently upgraded a rapier.

    submitted by /u/AlConstanza
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas for a dex run

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:28 AM PST

    I've played this game a lot, and after many playthroughs it seems like strength weapons and magic builds have an edge over dex builds. They do so much more damage (looking at you, Greatsword and Soul Spears), but I like the fantasy of Rangers more than knights or mages. I want to play through with a dex character again. What weapons does the community recommend? I know ring of blades and flynn's ring are essential. Do you all have any dex weapons that you feel can compete in terms of damage with the top tier strength weapons?

    submitted by /u/varim224
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment