• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 25, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My new vector fanart of Ornstein

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:14 AM PST

    FINALLY BEAT CAPRA DEMON!!!!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:56 PM PST

    And with a really good strategy! If you didn't know (you probably do), you can go up the stairs and turn right and stand on the archway above the gate in the back. Here, you can kill the two wolves, and when Capra comes up you can block him and he'll fall down eventually. From there you can drop-stab him, run back up the stairs, block him with your shield until he falls back down, drop-stab him, rinse and repeat until he dies. However, the boss fight is still unfair as fuck, and this strat is basically cheesing. The only way to beat a boss that's unfair to you, is to beat unfair to him back lmao

    submitted by /u/ThomasKG25
    [link] [comments]

    Just defeated my first Black Knight! (Undead Burg)

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Oh My Goodness!

    This is my second attempt at Dark Souls. Haven't played any of the games before.

    After so many tries (I think I must've died at least 50 times to this dude) I finally managed to beat him (with relative ease: just circle and backstab). Everything just clicked into place, I can't really describe it. Anyways so happy I finally got through this hurdle. Hoping to get past the Capra Demon this time around. Wish me luck!

    Edit: You're all so awesome! What a great community.

    submitted by /u/lonesy90
    [link] [comments]

    Mandated Mildred is a homie

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:07 AM PST

    So I got kind of bored so I decided to do a sl1 run. I died about 7 times fighting quealag and then I decided I would summon Mildred . And I got that boss down to 10 health and then died. I was so bummed then when I ran back I realized that after I died Mildred finished off the job. Absolute legend, thanks Mildred

    submitted by /u/Zurtle50
    [link] [comments]

    This cat is praising the sun

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:21 AM PST

    Bed Of Chaos is absolute bullshit

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 05:36 PM PST

    Playing the game for the first time. It's 2:35 AM and I can't sleep before defeating this piece of shit. I hate everything about that boss. The design, the gameplay. The worst boss of any game I ever played. I am so pissed holy fuck

    Edit: 2:42 AM
    Did it. The rage post helped. Fuck this game. Nights

    submitted by /u/AdamAk123
    [link] [comments]

    Vamos's beard...

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 07:44 PM PST

    Ever since this game's release I thought it was dumb that he had skeletal beard because, well... beards don't have bones, but I just realized it's supposed to be chain link. He smithed himself a chain link beard. Duh.

    submitted by /u/Flower_Thief
    [link] [comments]

    Where am i supposed to go?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:40 AM PST

    So im feeling a bit lost and confused about where im supposed to go. I've recently beaten the catacombs and pinhead, unlocked the door in darkroot with the crest of artorias and rang the first bell.
    So now i have a few options, i can go to the area unlocked with the crest of artorias, fight the moth boss in darkroot, go to the tomb of giants, or fight the guy at the bottom of the stairs near the taurus demon.
    Im currently level 30 something with 32 in strength, 18 in agility, a few extra points in endurance and starting stats in everything else. I started as a thief if that's relevant.
    the equipment im using is a +2 black knight halberd, the elite kight armor, gloves and leggins, the gargoyle helm and the grass crest shield and the heal spell, but im still being killed fairly easily by almost all the enemies im currently facing.
    Got any tips for me on where to go or what to do, such as grind levels, reinforce equipment or get new equipment?

    submitted by /u/Aspergersiscool
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown has to be the worst area ive experienced in Dark souls...

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Ive played dark souls 3 and dark souls 2 started dark souls remastered, And without a doubt the area i hate most out of them all is Blighttown! I like to explore and see how far the areas go and well i went too far in been stuck at a bonfire on a bridge for 3 hours trying to get back to the other side its not been fun, after many deaths, falls, maulings its officially my most hated area!

    Praise the sun (if i ever see it again)

    submitted by /u/Chaostheory1993
    [link] [comments]

    I think the Dukes Archives is incredibly underrated.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:12 PM PST

    So I think the Dukes Archives is top 3 areas for me easily. My first time through going up the winding staircases and the very interesting scenery had a very mystical feeling. It instantly interested me the second I walked in. I think the enemies are a bit easy too be fair (at least for me but I had a +5 Black Knight Halberd) but the ascetic of the area was very Hogwarts like for me and I never had such a woah moment in Dark Souls than when I walked out of that first room and saw just a massive room with enemies, bookshelves, staircases, ect. I feel a lot of the hate can come from the area proceeding it, that is the Crystal Caves which I admit is a horrendous area I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE IM GOING.

    submitted by /u/PraisingOnion
    [link] [comments]

    How Arrogance and Hubris Got Me Stuck in the Catacombs

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 03:44 PM PST

    TLDR: I got cocky and was then firmly brought back to earth and a few feet under for good measure.

    After seeing my friend play Demon's Souls on PS5 I started a new play through of Dark Souls remastered. The early game was going well and all of yesterday I run around Lordran beating bosses and ringing bells, you know how it goes. I am not a pro or anything but I have played these games many, many times and I'm comfortable with most areas and melee weapons, so for an extra challenge I go for a kind of faith build; and since it is going so well, I don't really care about vitality or stamina.

    I want some easy souls before I do Sen's Funhouse and decide to kill Pinwheel. Here is where it all starts to go wrong… Instead of taking the quick route down and boning back before the bonewheels break my balls, I go exploring. Although I'd prepared myself with a divine Morning Star, the skellies were tougher than expected. I soldier on and take the detour of visiting Vamos, because "I never do that". Resting at his bonfire was another mistake, although I doubt it would have mattered since the real fuck up is yet to come. After getting thoroughly fucked by the bonewheels, I finally make it to Pinwheel. I take care of him without any trouble and I'm back on top.

    Now I do something really stupid. In my curiosity, fueled by arrogance, I continue to the Tomb of Giants. Obviously I die. All my souls in a pit of darkness amid giant skeletons. On my way to get them I die again. Great. I have no ring of sacrifice, no back up plan what so ever – why would I need it? I was doing so well…

    Do I start making my way back with my dignity still somewhat intact? Of course not! I go further down the abyss, I've got nothing left to lose, right? Wrong! After finding the bonfire I make various suicide-runs to items and with quite some effort I manage to save Reah. I am pretty beat at this point and just want to go home to Firelink. In the many runs I've done of this game I have never not warped out of the Tomb of Giants. Now I'm stuck in this never ending pool of darkness with a glass-cannon build that really isn't even a cannon at all and I don't have the faintest idea of where to go.

    From this point it took me over 2 hours to get out of this putrid pile of shit. I had to look up several guides, and I still died about 50 times! And when I finally arrived atop the stairs and gazed into that glorious Sun, I had not gained a single level and had maybe 600 souls on me, but I re-learned that patented Dark Souls lesson: DON'T GET COCKY

    I love how this game after hundreds of hours of playtime, still has the power to make me feel like a total bitch.

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/Zipswap
    [link] [comments]

    If a dark souls movie were to be made, who would the best director for the job be?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:49 AM PST

    I say Guillermo Del Toro. Maybe Werner Herzog. What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/Emotional_Candy
    [link] [comments]

    Harder than I remember.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:08 AM PST

    Haven't played DS1 in years, finally bought the remaster. I'm dying... A lot. And I usually don't have my first death in DS3 until well into Undead Settlement, I am something of a Souls veteran. I expected it to be like Demon's Souls, which I replayed just before DSR, and I was bored with it because of how easy it is compared to more recent games. Instead, I've died more in the first 5 hours than I usually do 15 hours in other games. Taurus Demon's beat me several times even. How does THAT happen to a veteran?! Then I went to get Iaito early, without master key because I want a 'legit' run. I died more times than I care to count, BlightTown at level 20 with a non-upgraded scimitar is not easy. Also, started as deprived for the true Dark Souls experience... Guess I got the 'experience' I wanted. Then died 3 times to Capra's dog bullshit. Also using light armor, so no poise easy mode for me. Plus side? GOT A BLACK KNIGHT SHIELD FROM THE FIRST BLACK KNIGHT IN THE GAME! Talk about a nice boon, getting the best medium shield in the game early.

    Also? Why is the Murakumo needing TWENTY EIGHT strength? I am doing a dex build, knew that was a dex weapon, wanted it for a dex greatsword. Twenty freaking eight strength is rather A LOT more than I wanted to invest. Sure, I can two hand it, but I hate having access to literally only half its moveset. Meh! Should have checked before I got set on it. Going to really think about it before making a dex character pump enough strength to be halfway to the softcap, kinda feel like that defeats the purpose. I mean, I'm pretty much just a quality build at that point, which I've already done too many playthroughs of. Checked server, another dex greatsword, just about the same requirements for use. Why couldn't it be easy for dex like DS3 Astora Greatsword? No, it just HAD to take more strength than a bloody Zweihander! Rant over, I am annoyed with Murakumo right now.

    But yeah, I have underestimated DS1. Guess I forgot how brutal it can be despite very limited enemy AI and movesets. I am both impressed... And kinda frustrated. Oh well, I can handle it.

    submitted by /u/andys3rdattempt
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Dark Souls for the first time (360 ver)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:14 AM PST

    Got this game a long time ago, I think as one of Xbox's GwG months. Downloaded it, played it for an hour, and got frustrated when I couldn't get up the steps to the Undead Burg. Forgot about it for years.

    Rediscovered it a few months ago in my game library, and recently heard that a remake for Demon Souls had a lot of hype and that it had the same devs as DS. Decided to give it another go. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience ('cept for Blighttown, seriously almost gave up when I got there!), wish I tried it sooner.

    Despite 60ish hours on one character I still haven't seen it all. Think I'll be returning to this one for some time. For now, I'm off to try II & III! Looking forward to them, I've definitely found interest in the souls' games.

    submitted by /u/PolyCube8
    [link] [comments]

    So uh, about Siegmeyer...

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:20 PM PST

    I was doing his Izalith questline. Shot down three of the Chaos Eaters with my bow and weakened the fourth one. We jumped down to fight them and I landed on Siegmeyer (if that's important). I immediately finished the two Chaos Eaters without them touching Onionbro and them talked to him. He was in the middle of his dialogue when he suddenly died. The two Chaos Eaters didn't even TOUCH him. How the hell did he die?

    submitted by /u/Bryarshard
    [link] [comments]

    New to the series where should I start?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:34 PM PST

    I LOVE a challenging game. Growing up my favorite series was Ninja Gaiden because of how unforgiving it was. You needed to be on point or you had no chance.

    I'm told that this game has a very similar play style of high risk high reward kinda stuff.

    Anyway I'm on pc so I was just hoping to get an idea of where I should start? Has the first one aged well? Are the games continuations of the last?

    submitted by /u/SpringerTheNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Bruh Sen’s Fortress is so fucking hard

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 09:49 PM PST

    Hello, I'm about 12 hours into my first playthrough ever. Up until now I've kinda just wandered around killing whatever I found, very frustrating but rewarding. I've been through the first guy, Gargoyles, that Minotaur, the fire spider bitch, that goddamn guy with the dogs in the Burgh, and the Gaping Dragon(tried doing that while cursed, almost quit the whole game).

    But wtf is up with this goddamn fortress? The difficulty jump between the fire spider bitch and even the first two guys in the fortress is insane. I first tried the boss in the blighttown, but now I've died 7 times straight never getting past the axes? Did I go there earlier than I was supposed to, or am I underleveled or what?

    submitted by /u/StalinsBottomBitch
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck bridges and lock-on

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 09:05 AM PST

    I guess I won't lock on enemies there anymore after this happened!

    I hope this kind of post is allowed

    submitted by /u/AlphaLaufert99
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:24 PM PST

    I am about to get dark souls and was wondering if anyone could tell me best class or whatnot I literally just bought it online and have no clue on any of it.

    submitted by /u/Death_Incar_2020
    [link] [comments]

    Which bosses throw you into NG+ in the Dark Souls games?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:55 AM PST

    Ok so I've recently completed Bloodborne with it's DLC and don't get me wrong,it was a 10/10 game but the fact that I got thrown into NG+ when I first beat the Moon Presence was the most bullshit thing I've ever experienced in my gaming days ever.I nearly wanted to quit the game,and to experience the DLC I got to start a new profile because I didn't have the skill necesary to beat the bosses in NG+ back then.

    So the million dollar question is which are the bosses that automatically start NG+ once you beat them in Dark Souls 1,Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3? I recently got all of them with all the DLCs everything but the rage I frustration I felt in Bloodborne when I was unconsensually is not something I want to relive.

    If you could just list the name of the boss(nothing else) and the game which they belong to would be much apreciated thanks.

    submitted by /u/Antonio31415
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to get up this stupid tree

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 04:31 PM PST

    In the tree in ash lake there's a part where you are literally just stuck on the branch when you try to go up and now I can't do anything. I'm stuck in ash lake.

    submitted by /u/_Tacos__
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown's not that bad

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:24 AM PST

    So I am playing through remastered (its my first souls game.) And blighttown was hell, but not much more than the rest of the game. Its kinda overhyped.

    submitted by /u/TheFreakingTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Going through dark souls remastered, this is my first dark souls game and I’m looking for someone to play it with [XB1]

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:09 PM PST

    I prefer playing games with multiple people so I was wondering if anyone who is knowledgeable on the game would want to help me out and have some fun

    submitted by /u/Snezzy_Anus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment