• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 25, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I FINALLY COMPLETED THE FOREST OF FALLEN GIANTS!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:25 AM PST

    After 8 hours and 49 minutes I finally conquered the forest I even went back and beat the giant hippo! I remember standing outside the boss fog for 5 minutes scared to go in because I was scared of dying and having to make that big run again. I know this post is laughable as it's the first area (I think) but damn this game has really been kicking me in the teeth since I started it.

    I competed Ds1 for the first time recently and started ds2 and I was almost put off immediately by how different this game is but after gritting my teeth and really trying to persevere I managed to make that area my bitch!

    Wish me luck, I'm going further into this game. I'm really glad I didn't give up after the first couple of hours as the game forces me to play tactical and take it slow and that is a whole new playing field for me.

    I think I may enjoy this.

    submitted by /u/choppamandown
    [link] [comments]

    After finishing the game third time, by the name of the Dark Souls 2, i officially declare Heide spearmen, as the strongest mob in the Drangleic.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:58 PM PST

    Yeah, i am talking about the guy before old ornstein. 1000 poise, uncontrollable god, unlimited stamina and most importantly moveset that is unknown for mortal beings. Maybe i still suck at the game. I usually try to clean every mob till i reach bosses, call it a fetish, because im aware of the fact that i can skip them. So this story goes like this. Im probably lvl 30, i died to that Chad Knight 8 times in a row. Then i skipped him. I had to, sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do. Then i forgot about him, finished the game. And before i clicked on start Drangleic 2, i realized i had to payback. Yeah, and guess what happened. Died to him 3 times in a row. Lost 110k souls because gravity hit me out of nowhere when i was malding. Wanted to uninstall not gonna lie. So the fact that i just cant kill the guy, i declare him as god and unkillable character so i wont have that urge to kill him whatever it takes.

    Best decision of my life

    submitted by /u/kenswifty
    [link] [comments]

    Looking Glass Knight

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:33 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/W2NrvAZ.jpg

    Drawing all ninetysome Dark Souls bosses, and the Looking Glass Knight (or Mirror Knight if you will) was up!

    Medium is fineliners and brush pen, with a white ink pen for a few white outlines and accents :)

    I have fond memories of this guy. The fight is not super hard, but he has this weight about him, I dunno. Getting summoned as an invader via his shield was fun, but super clunky :D

    submitted by /u/peterlof
    [link] [comments]

    A new way to play Dark Souls 2 for all skill levels!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:11 PM PST

    There are definitely times when our favorite games become bland. Fortunately for the souls-like community, I've made a discord (600+ people so far!) where you can submit your own challenges for others to try! Or, you could alternatively try other people's challenges! Challenges have all kinds of different difficulties from Novice to Master, and we even have blind runs along with custom speedruns!!! This discord has gained a LOT of attention, and it seems like a lot of people are really enjoying it, so come check it out!
    Games supported: DeS, DS1, DS2, DS3, BB, Sekiro

    Here's an introduction video to help you understand EVERYTHING about the server:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87qpMxk-Sz0
    (srry for quality, just uploaded!)

    Join here: https://discord.gg/hCKbB6qJWR

    Here's where it all started! https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/jzy0ej/a_new_way_to_play_dark_souls_for_all_skill_levels/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

    This has been posted in other soulskiroborne communities such as r/darksouls and r/Sekiro

    submitted by /u/hungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    I would actually love a Dark Souls II: 2

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:57 AM PST

    If Square Enid can do it with Final Fantasy then god dammit so can From Software.

    There is so much that can be explored here story wise that was just dropped off in ds3. Also the amount of stuff they cut from the game is ridiculous. Imagine if they could go back and do it all over with one director and a lot more time.

    submitted by /u/military_base362
    [link] [comments]

    After fighting Fume Knight for around 2 hours and finally beating him my victory speech was rudely interrupted

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:14 PM PST

    I thought some of you may enjoy this clip from my First Dark Souls 2 Playthrough as the timing was too good. (If sharing this here is not allowed I do apologise, please remove if so!) www.twitch.tv/ambroseuk/clip/RichFaithfulRamenHeyGuys?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

    submitted by /u/AmbroseUK
    [link] [comments]

    Smelter Demon

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:24 AM PST

    I downloaded SOTFS on PC back in August and got to smelter demon before he clapped my ass over 10 times in a row.

    I turned it on for the first time since then last night and beat him first time.

    Fuckin smelter

    submitted by /u/dqdennis
    [link] [comments]

    Royal Rat Vanguard shouldn't exist

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:42 AM PST

    Literally just the Deacons fight from DS3 except they're rats

    submitted by /u/JapanGotNuke
    [link] [comments]

    So I have a lore type question

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:15 AM PST

    How does the chosen undead from ds1/ds2 differ from the unkindled one from ds3? Isn't he technically unndrad too, reviving each time after death?

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 is the one I have played the least. I want to play it and the DLC ( for the first time ) - I would like some build and weapon suggestions.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:10 AM PST

    So I have beaten Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne so while I am very familiar with the games, DS2 still is very foreign to me.

    I would LOVE to go with a dex build as that is what I do in all these games but I have heard it isn't good? I am not sure if that is true or not.

    So basically I am wondering if dual wielding weapons are good or if there is a good 2 handed dex weapon that is good. I like scythes, scimitars, curved swords and halberd type weapons ( currently doing War Scythe in Demon Souls Remake ). Any suggestions on any of this? I will say that I just am not a huge fan of katanas for some reason.

    submitted by /u/Azy1e
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat the game!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:20 PM PST

    I just killed Nashandra with my boy Benhart (and whoever the other guy was) and finished the game with 234 deaths as a sorcerer!

    I was hesitant on trying this game at first because of the reviews but I ended up loving this game. I don't think it's as bad as people think it is. Although some areas felt rushed or just absolute BS. Maybe if they spent a little bit more time on some areas I think this game would have been way better. That goes for bosses too, some bosses felt rushed and some bosses were really cool. My personal favorite is Looking Glass Knight, the atmosphere of the arena and adding pvp to the fight was really unique. And for my favorite area, it would be Shrine of Amana. I just loved the atmosphere of the place with the milfanitas singing. But the sorcerers are still annoying.

    I don't have much to say about the lore since I still don't know much about it. But all I know is that Emerald Herald is a waifu.

    And for gameplay, starting out was really hard for me since you needed to level up ADP to fix your hitbox and that hollowing lessens your health. (Took me a while to figure that out). And also the estus flask was not reliable until you level ADP enough to get faster chugging. For areas, I didn't like how they decided to bombard you with enemies here and there and I noticed that some enemies have the same moveset as others. Also, the torch is a lot more useful than I thought. I spent half of the game not knowing you can light up sconces.

    As for the lore, I don't have much to say about if since I don't know much. But all I know is that the Emerald Herald is a waifu.

    Anyways I just wanted to share my experience and I'm about try out the DLC's now!

    submitted by /u/notAxperZ
    [link] [comments]

    (First timer) Level 126 and struggling like hell on Shrine of Amana, do I just suck, or is this a known tough area? It seems even worse than black gulch.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:07 AM PST

    I've tried picking off the mages with a bow and all that jazz but it would take like 20-30 poison arrows to kill them, and they just pincer you with their magic orb things, then you have the water bastards that jump out at you, the annoying AF archdrake dudes that are so holy yet wanna bash your head in with a staff - and then on top of all that I need a torch to make sure I don't fall off the water into oblivion.

    I found the crumbled ruins bonfire but it's not helped much, I'm starting to feel like I've completely f###!? my stats and need to use a soul vessel.

    Here they are if anyone's interested, I'm pretty sure it's a hot mess (I'll just list the ones that actually mean anything to the build).

    VGR 38 END 25 VIT 27 STR 37 DEX 22 ADP 17

    Any suggestions for redistribution? I didn't really give it much thought because it was my first souls game in ages, room me about half the game to realise what adaptability even was.

    Also happy to concede that maybe it's just a case of some mid 2000's 'git gud' that's needed, but any helps appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SP9419
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a special buff I've seen in the arena.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:03 PM PST

    It has similar particles as the Giant Ring, but the colour of the particles was green instead of colourless white. Does anyone know what buff it could have been?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Are criticisms often directed at DS2 greatly exaggerated?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:37 PM PST

    I've been doing a second complete playthrough of DS2 Sotfs recently (this post will refer to Sotfs instead of the original DS2 as I haven't and probably won't ever play it) and I feel like a lot of the issues people have with dark souls 2 are vastly overexaggerated at best.

    I want to make it clear that I have played every souls game several times (except demon's souls). I have also played bloodborne and sekiro through once and while I see a lot of criticism being heaped upon dark souls 2, with many claiming it is the worst in the series I have to say going back I can play ds2 sotfs and get much more enjoyment out of it than I can out of dark souls 1 at this point. I played dark souls 1 on the PS3 and it was awful, clunky and had serious performance issues. Even though the remaster fixed some framerate issues it did little else to remedy this.

    I often want to ask those who criticise dark souls 2 so heavily but then proceed to heap praise upon dark souls 1 as the "best in the series" if they really enjoyed playing the game or if they are just seeing it through rose tinted nostalgia glasses because I honestly can't play dark souls 1 anymore, it's just a painful and annoying experience and not because of difficulty but because of the janky feeling it has.

    I also see people saying dark souls 2's world design is the worst in the series which also bothers me as Dark Souls 1 had a lot of areas that were either just unpleasant, dreary and not fun to play through (like blighttown) or incredibly unfinished and poorly fleshed out (like the crystal caves or lost izalith). It had a few nice areas (Anor Londo or the Dukes Archives for example) but it really isn't the pinnacle of souls area design in my opinion). I understand some of the criticisms of how the areas fit together, the transition from earthen peak to the iron keep comes to mind but I never found them to be immersion breaking for me because the vistas were still very nice to look at and I always just got the impression that time and perception was a bit warped in the souls series (the transition to the gael arena from the ringed city in DS3 comes to mind as a similar transition with no logical sense).

    Ultimately I feel like a lot of people hated Dark Souls 2 just because it wasn't "More Dark Souls 1" and because it tried to be it's own thing. It has the most content of any souls game, the most build variety, an arena that keeps PVP active forever (granted you might fight a max level havel monster or two) and some of the most interesting areas and sights to see in any souls game. I'm not saying it is the best one, mechanically that would probably go to dark souls 3 (even if it is just soaking in nostalgia from dark souls 1) but I hate seeing people so blatantly ignoring the crucial flaws in DS1 whilst bashing DS2 for everything they can. Maybe it is cause it wasn't directly made by miyazaki, maybe they like to bandwagon? I do think some criticism is valid (like some of the criticism of mechanics like ADP or Soul Memory)

    Ultimately I feel like a lot of people haven't given it a fair shot and it definitely discourages people who don't know any better from playing the game when they see constant tirades about why Dark Souls 2 is the worst one and how it is completely flawed (despite the fact said players have often already put themselves through DS1).

    That being said, these are just my thoughts and they're probably not new ones that haven't been echoed by somebody before. I just wanna get some other peoples thoughts so thanks to anyone who responds with proper discussion.

    (also as a final note I don't think dark souls 1 is irredeemable there are a lot of things I like about it, it just bugs me when people praise it as the pinnacle of the souls formula when it has A LOT of flaws as well).

    submitted by /u/yungotachi
    [link] [comments]

    Why are you guys so active

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:32 PM PST

    I decided to play every souls game from 1 to sekiro while I get a ps5 to play demon souls, and I thought "I was going to have an easy time in this one with online, everyone hates DS2 so its probably dead by now..." boy was I wrong. You cant go to any of the lategame areas without getting ganked and killed I was burning effigies left and right and the second I forgot to do so I was ganked, people legit invade me and kill me with backstabs and no weapons because there is this weird lag experts are used to and I cant do anything about it.

    I'm glad I'm so done with this game but man leave people that don't want to PvP alone, this game super poise and enemy spam issue is torture enough. The fact I could get Invaded as hollow also came as a nice surprise. I legit had to disconnect my Computer from network to get the gargoyles because that place was legit impossible to cross. mercy q.q

    submitted by /u/zdemigod
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of yalls favorite areas in the game?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:25 PM PST

    Personally I like the forest of giants and Aldias keep to be the most interesting based on environmental storytelling,

    submitted by /u/Change-Unusual
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 or Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the first sin

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:12 PM PST

    The sales have just come and I was planning on buying Dark Souls 2 but I just noticed there's two different ones, is "Scholar of the First Sin" the base game with the added DLCs? or just the DLC alone?

    submitted by /u/GhostKimera
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to Play normal DS2 on PS4?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:20 PM PST

    I wanted to Play Ds2 again after a Long Break but i wanted to Switch from my PS3 to PS4. No reason in particular Just wanted to have a better framerate and better Controller and stuff. But from my knowledge the only PS4 Version of the Game is scholar of the First sin. That concerns me. Ive Heard a Lot about early Game areas being spammed full of OP enemies Like pursuers and These big Trolls and even full Size dragons. But this experience doesnt Seem fun to me. Sure it might increase the Challenge but i Just want to Play regular Dark Souls 2. So is there any way to get regular Ds2 on the PS4 or is scholar Not as unfair or Bad as i Heard it to be?

    submitted by /u/just_a_bloody_weeb
    [link] [comments]

    [PC][1.2M]Would like help with Aava

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:49 AM PST

    Posting here because I am (probably still) banned on r/DarkSoulsHelp for a post I made under the influence of massive Midir Salt. I would greatly appreciate someone to come assist me with Aava. I could probably solo her, but I just find jolly cooperation more fun.

    submitted by /u/Cloud_Striker
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 SotFS OST for Download?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:05 AM PST

    Hello. I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rule here but I would appreciate if someone could provide a link for downloading (torrent or otherwise) Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin OST in high-quality (preferable at 320kbps).

     

    The product is unavaiable in my country, so I can't buy it.

     

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/rcdt
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Fact

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:49 AM PST

    The Forlorn can't be poisoned. Yeah, just found this out today and I feel silly for not knowing before.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Hello skeletons! Spare Loyce souls?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:41 AM PST

    I'm on PS4 SM: 8.2mil and unfortunately I don't have the extra time so there's no way I'm doing any kind of farming in these games ever again most likely. Could you please spare some souls please, thank you kindly

    submitted by /u/ogodwyzlul
    [link] [comments]

    I feel myself hollowing more and more everyday...

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:27 AM PST

    I recently moved out of my parents house and in with my girlfriend and since we don't have good internet connection at the moment, I decided to give DS2 another try. Having fished and nearly platinumed every other game in the series or by FromSoft, I thought it was time to give it another shot. Boy what an experience it's been so far, and not so amazing. I won't say that the game is complete trash being that I haven't finished the game yet and that it does have some good highlights. Yesterday I reached the Iron Keep with some sanity but immediately lost it all after dying against Old Iron King, by falling into a hole in his arena. After 3 failed attempts at ignoring everything and rushing towards him I called it a night. I work overnight and all I could think about then was how much I want to finish the game but yet I hate it with every ounce of my being. The bosses are super easy that I've beaten most of them in 1-3 tries (so far), the ganks frustrate me to hell, the level design can feel so deliberate at delivering your death, and fucking poison everywhere. Can't wait to get back on later tho no matter how much I hate myself!

    submitted by /u/mrcheesecarrillo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment