• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 7, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My Daughter was assigned a project to create a book based on a true story. She decided to document our experience playing Darksouls. We had a lot of highs and lows and I'm super proud of her. I decided to share her book with you guys.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:15 AM PST

    An Elite Knight I drew at 3AM

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:24 PM PST

    I drew it to try to practice shading, and it failed horribly. You can view this cursed creation here.

    submitted by /u/parakeet5400
    [link] [comments]

    Spider Gals. Spider Pals.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 03:37 AM PST

    Thought you guys might appreciate this. I finally did my last sit for this piece today! Featuring our girl Quelaag and fellow spider sister The Stalk from r/SAGAcomic just hanging out, taking selfies, and being best buds.

    Super pleased with how it turned out, big thanks to Mica at Calico Circus Tattoos in Tokyo. I came to her with a vague idea involving two characters she had never heard of and she absolutely knocked it out of the park.

    submitted by /u/VinnyinJP
    [link] [comments]

    The Crestfallen Warrior Complains About Frampt's Breath

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:05 PM PST

    the crestfallen warrior complains about frampt's breath. the cr-- no everyone shut up - the CRESTfallen warrior complains about frampt's breath. the CrESTfallen warrior complains about frampt's BREATH. THE CRESTfallen WARRIOR COMPLAINS ABOUT FRAMPT'S BREATH!!!

    CREST.... SMELLY BREATH...

    TOOTHPASTE.....

    submitted by /u/SoundSV
    [link] [comments]

    I fucking hate Capra demon

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:35 PM PST

    I ucking hate Capra demon it's so tight in the arena and he has two dogs with him and it's early game too just ugh!!!

    submitted by /u/kaid666
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the Capra Demon?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:01 AM PST

    I hear hes found in the earlier regions of the game but Ive never seen him. Do I need the master key? Im playing remastered on PS4...

    submitted by /u/dumbosodyssey
    [link] [comments]

    Just defeated Bed of Chaos

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:07 AM PST

    What a stupid fucking piece of shit bullshit boss. That is all

    submitted by /u/KingoftheBlacks
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire bad fanart

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:47 AM PST

    I made this in geography class, its solaire in hollow knight artstyle (Sketches up there)

    https://imgur.com/a/e0dy3wV

    submitted by /u/Lexus232
    [link] [comments]

    I have recently beated Artorias!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:35 PM PST

    I was almost dead with no Estus Flasks left but I defeated him at the last. Just in time for my dinner. I think I deserved it

    submitted by /u/Omega0514
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls NPC and Quest Idea

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 02:42 AM PST

    Last night I had a dream, and in that dream, I had a very weird Dark Souls-related experience accompanied by a character idea that I think fits rather well into the weird world established in the 3 games.

    The character is basically a humanoid gutted fish, its whole front is split in half as if a knife cut them open, they carry around with them 2 bubbles, one of which is filled with water and the other filled with gold. When you meet them they tell you that they're out collecting food and water for their son who is trapped in a cage somewhere. They'd have a motherly vibe to their personality, but also one of immense exhaustion, their life has not been easy and they clearly are trudging through every day with very little hope.

    They can't be killed by normal means, as when their health drops to 0 they tumble over, and their fish-like torso splits open along the slit before slowly getting back up. They aren't as upset over the attempt as one would think, and more concerned that their son is taken care of.

    The way you kill them is you shatter the water bubble and gold bubble, the water bubble killing them, and the gold bubble actually dropping their loot which is just a gutting knife and "scavenged morsels." Their dying breath being used to beg the player to save their son.

    If you kill them:

    Later on, you could probably find hidden in a squaller, a large bird-cage, inside of which is basically another fish-like humanoid, with a fish torso and fins, but human arms and legs. This one clearly a child, if you do nothing you can return and eventually find them curled up having starved to death.

    If you give them the morsels and tell him what happened to his mother, he'll cry for a moment before he'd thank you for bringing the food, and give you a ring his mother gave him which provides resistance to lightning damage.

    Following the encounter, you will sometimes find "scavenged morsels" on enemies and be able to bring it back to the boy, everytime you do he offers you new dialogue describing how his days go, and new rings which each provide different elemental resistance. On the final morsel, he says how he got trapped in the cage, to begin with. How he did was apparently his father was a sea serpent, who was angered when he and his mother ran away, so he split her open and locked him in the cage.

    Throughout the game, you may find key fragments, which can be combined at a smith. Once you have the key you may return to the boy, and free him from the cage. He'll be very grateful and finally offer a weapon, a Sea Serpent's tooth greatsword.

    After this, you will find him where his mother died, next to a grave, mourning.

    If you spare them:

    If you don't kill the split fish creature, you can still find the cage with her son. Rather than collecting morsels yourself, you can just collect the key fragments, and instead of reforging them at a smith, you can bring the key fragments to the parent who will grant you the same elemental rings until the key pieces are all together.

    The creature will fix the key and then free its son. For the first time, its voice will seem elevated and hopeful, as it grants you the greatsword and a final ring that gives resistance to all elements the previous rings gave. They declare they're going to get far away from the sea and make a home.

    They can be found traveling later in the parts furthest from coasts and large bodies of water, but often will also be next to rivers and ponds collecting water into the bubble as well as seaweed.

    I hope that wasn't too weird, I think its the perfect level of weird and macabre to fit into the Dark Souls universe if they ever make a 4th game, but that's just me.

    submitted by /u/Bearfruit300
    [link] [comments]

    I wish there was a Dark Souls strategy game

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:37 AM PST

    I wish there was a Dark Souls equivalent of Total War: Warhammer. That'd be so sick! Armies of black knights vs skeletons and demons! Even a mod for another game would be amazing!

    submitted by /u/WeeRascalBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Rage quit

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:46 PM PST

    I went a little bit on tilt tonight in Sen's fortress and had to get off. Back at it tomorrow though. I'll never go hollow.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered PS5

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:22 AM PST

    I have Dark Souls Remastered on the Switch, which is 1080p 30fps, and I was wondering if 1080p 30fps to 4K 60/120fps is worth the 40$ price tag? I love this game, it's probably the best game of all time, and I really want to enjoy it in high frame rates and resolution. But is it worth 40$?

    submitted by /u/NicRim08
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the bell Gargoyles

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:32 PM PST

    Look I usually don't make posts like this but for a minute there this boss became a secondary blood starved beast for me. I don't play many video games so at least give me this one guys.

     \[T]/ 
    submitted by /u/Metallica_royalties
    [link] [comments]

    Balder Side Sword

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:35 PM PST

    This thing never drops when I farm it. It only drops when I make a non-dex build so i never got a chance to play it. Yesterday I made a dex run and I was planning to use Uchigatana but BSS dropped from the first Balder Knight I killed. Guess who is making a BSS run now?

    Also how much dex do I need to make it viable. I am in Sen's Fortess right now and have 25 dex.

    submitted by /u/ssLoupyy
    [link] [comments]

    a discussion about the last 4 bosses

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 02:56 AM PST

    thus 4 are the worst thing i was expecting so much from them but they to easy beside a few areas like tomb of the giant and dukes archive.. and new londo the four kings are good so i think they are out of this

    submitted by /u/twety77
    [link] [comments]

    Not the most optimised stats or buffs for this right now but well thought it was cool.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:47 PM PST

    What's your favorite/least favorite sound effect?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:11 PM PST

    I don't think it's correct to say any aspect of DS1 is underrated, but I think the sound design is as important as the other factors that make this game game so great and addicting.

    So, which sounds bring you immense satisfaction and which strike dread into your heart? Are there any you think could have been done better? I love the sound of a successful parry and hate hearing the Channelers cast their spells. The sound of Smough's hammer smacking the ground is both oddly satisfying and terrifying. But I'm not sure how to feel about the LOUD noise the baby mushrooms make when you kill them.

    submitted by /u/Red_Whites
    [link] [comments]

    Help my Friend Out!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:42 PM PST

    Hi people! A friend of mine is making videos of Dark Souls Remastered. He is making a series but in spanish. Even though it is in Spanish you can help him out by just going to video and leaving a view, like, comment, suscribe. Please support my friend! Praise the Sun!

    Link to his last video: https://youtu.be/61ZTeKg63oA

    submitted by /u/ESMARI99
    [link] [comments]

    I did it

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:46 AM PST

    After 45 hours, i fucking did it. I'm so happy I'm shaking. I've now lost every ounce of interest in this game. For people attempting to get the platinum, there's a 1 hour guide on yt by GawdlikeMatt extremely underrated check the guy out! Anyway, good luck and praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/Dan_will_be_dan
    [link] [comments]

    Where can i find poison arrows besides the female undead merchant

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:24 PM PST

    So about last month i think i plugged in my old 360 to see if it still worked i popped in dark souls and started playing on one of my longest saves for some reason i attacked almost every character before i put my 360 away for a while i came back and then i started playing as usual before i needed poison arrows but heres the problem i attacked the female undead merchant for no reason before i put it away and im not sure where i can find more can someone please help me

    submitted by /u/average-__-redditor
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished a SL1 run !!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 05:50 PM PST

    I am really happy, it was a heck of a challenge, and it made realize how busted pyromancy is lmao

    Manus was still really scary but when I hit the fire tempest 3 times in one cast it was complete destruction lol

    So did you complete a SL1 run ? my next one will be sl1 and no pyromancy. Wish me luck !

    submitted by /u/MrDashou
    [link] [comments]

    Andre

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:25 PM PST

    I got a question: How old is Andre of Astora? I'm just asking cus I've seen him around since Dark Souls 1

    submitted by /u/CrazyKid6008
    [link] [comments]

    What are your opinions on gatekeeping in the dark souls community?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:38 AM PST

    I personally dont see it. DS games are infamous for the toxic community but that's bs in my opinion. Dark souls community is in my opinion great. Look at the youtube channels, VaatiVidya sharing other creators and introducing new players, Sunlight blade making top 10 out of clips from the community, look at all the animations, etc etc.

    submitted by /u/hoptropik_CZ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment